The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Admin thread for WW: LXXXV - The Lost Philosophers of Maiar

A basic game with a few wolves and a few gifteds. With the setting of philosophers in the Middle-Earth it is a game of Minds - one Mind, two Minds, three Minds (etc.) over another. And nothing more than that. So no surprise roles, no extravaganza; nothing hidden - but the true identities of the other players which you will have to find out. And they will be told in each narration.

The life's persistent secrets and the future of the Middle-Earth are at stake!

If we have a "full game" ready to roll before the New Year we can start - and we can employ a 36-hour D/N -cycle around the New Year to make sure everyone has a chance to party. Or it might be we just start after the New Year. It all depends on how fast the game will "fill up" and what you'd like to do.

A mod is a god, but at the same time in service of his players. So let me hear you.

On the occasion we have more people willing to join than the basic 15, it's okay, I just need to come up with more philosophers...

On that occasion, I'd say I would add an additional wolf on 18 players - and possibly a cobbler on 20. We'll need to see about that.

The players:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs
elronds_daughter - A spirit of no-nonsense
Macalaure - Carmótar, the Maia of housework
Shastanis Althreduin - A spirit of water
Loslote - A spirit of sunshine and rainbows
Kitanna - A spirit of all things unimaginative
wilwarin538 - Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya - The patron of town criers across the world
Pitchwife - Tender of Oromë's dogs
Satansaloser2005 - A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies
Inziladun - A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos
Rikae - A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity
Boromir88 - A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
A Little Green - A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming
Blind Guardian -A spirit of evil ways
Skip Spence - A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences
Mänwe - A spirit of short acquintances
Valier - A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers
Legate of Amon Lanc - A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space...
Thinlómien - A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there
Aganzir - Aka. Firebeck, a spirit of fire
Ozban - Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries
Caílin - A spirit of secrecy
Kath - A spirit of nostalgy

The word is free as to any signings-up, comments, suggestions, questions...

The starting date is 1.1.11.
The DL will be 10PM GMT.
N1 and D1 will last 36 hours, after that we go back to normal 24-hour Nights&Days

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-02-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

The DL works for me, but I will say now that I work almost every day at the DL and the seven-eight hours prior to it. So don't expect much from me close to the DL. (of course my days off are a different story)
Old 12-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Put me down for it, good sir. Maybe I can do better this time than getting my ordo self killed by Berzerk Hunter Mac Night 2 in your last game.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
When would this be starting, Nog? I'm going away in the New Year.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-21-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Confirming myself.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I'm a North American fellow, but any time is fine for me. Just one thing about it though, what time is that in Eastern?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Not only am I confirmed, I am rather pleased by the DL. Not because it's particularly perfect time-wise or anything (although it could definitely be worse, and I should be able to make it most of the time), but because it's very easy to translate to my time, as I'm - 9 from GMT.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
About my occupation, Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries.

May it be?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So I'm nostalgic, and have an essay to write - which clearly means I need to sign up for a werewolf game that will take up all my time!

If you're still open Nog then I'm confirming.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:54 AM   #10
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay. Sign-in is closed!

And welcoming the latest players: Ozban, Kath and Caílin!

So, we have a village of 24 players.

That means 4 wolves - with double-kills everyNight as long there are four of them.

And one Cobbler (with possibly an extra-ability*).

N1 begins in about 11 hours. Roles will be dealt and sent to you just before that.

And Happy New Year 2011!

* With 25 players we should actually have 5 wolves... but as we have just 24 - and I'm a bit reluctant to introduce such a horde of wolves into the game (think of the voting-power they'd have) - I will consider stengthening the cobbler a bit.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay. Sign-in is closed!

And welcoming the latest players: Ozban, Kath and Caílin!
???

She kept that quiet, like.

Edit: are we breaking a record for number of couples in this game? Why's Glirdan not playing?

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 01-01-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh, occupations...

I'll be Carmótar - the Maia of housework.

And, wow, this game has become huge!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 AM   #13
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
are we breaking a record for number of couples in this game?
Heh, we probably are. What a great "stress test" for the relationships!

On other news...

The roles & rules have been updated and D1 is about to begin. Check the rules and inform me if there any rulings missing or if there are any confusions concerning either the rules or the roles.

To those interested in the music the Maiar have been unwillfully listening to, I may reveal that it has been from the St. Luke Passion by the polish composer Krzysztof Penderecki (N1: O crux ave and D1: In pulverem mortis).

Have fun!