The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #1
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Tol-In-Gauroth XXIV: Battle of the Band[Wagon]s

Roles
3 Werewolves
1 Ranger
1 Hunter
1 Seer
1 Mytho

Rules
Double-lynchings shall be allowed.

No retracable votes.

If you haven't voted for two days straight (even if you're active) without proper reason will lead to you getting killed off.

The deadline is noon EST.

Mod
Sleepy Ranger

Players
Menelteramacil
Glirdan
Macalaure
Diamond18
THE Ka
Thinlomien
Celuien
Eonwe
Nogrod
Durelin
Boromir88
Folwren
Volo
Rune

Opening post to follow. Remember it is currently night, which means, wolves may converse. The Ranger and Hunter may converse as well and the Seer has to send in the name of a person to dream of.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 09-29-2006 at 04:54 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe So it begins...

Word had started to get around. There was to be, what was being advertised as, the greatest Battle of the Bands this world has ever seen. It was open by invitation only and fourteen of the finest musicians were to be handpicked by the world [in]famous music critic, Sleepy Cowell. Musicians all over the world had their fingers crossed in hopes of being chosen to compete for the honor of being named the greatest in the world. The greatest ever.

The wait was two weeks long. Exactly fourteen days after the competition had been announced the fourteen musicians that were to take part were finally announced. The invitations sent, nobody declined. The poster promoting the event looked a little something like this.

The Greatest Battle of the Bands Ever...
Bring your family, bring your friends and hop aboard the jolly wagon of music!!!

For the first time ever, fourteen of the greatest musical talents in the world will compete for the honor of being named the greatest ever. Live music with a never ending buffet!!! Fill that musical appetite!!!

There's prizes to be won as well!!! Special discount rates at The Snowy Wolf Tavern!!! 50% of for early reservations!!! Book your ticket now!!!

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: THE BEST THERE WAS, THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!!!

Yes, this event was being billed as what would be the greatest event to ever take place in our world and time. The competition was to be hosted in the Theatre of Dreams in the valley of Raunter. The Snowy Wolf Tavern was situated not too far away and the musicians would be accomadated there. This competition promised to shake the very foundations of music, that is, until something threatened to shake it's foundations.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe The Chosen Ones

You are all probably wondering who these fourteen [un]lucky musicians are. Well, I shall not leave you suspense for too long. Sleepy Cowell had not only named them but had also given them a brief biography of sorts. His final list looked something like this,

Volo
Easily one of the most influential heavy metal musicians to have ever graced the musical world. A man referred to as the 'Grandfather' of European heavy metal definitely deserves a chance to compete in a battle as such.

Boromir88
One of the greatest classic rock 'n' roll superstars. If you asked me to pick my favorite of that genre, without a second thought, it would be this man. He's tried his hand at vocal criticism but in all honesty he should stick to the music and leave criticism to people who know how to do it, like me.

Meneltarmacil
Now I doubt anyone would argue this pick. I reckon it was perhaps the most obvious out of all. How would a competition as such be complete without this man, without the King? Perhaps now is the time for him to test his might against the rest. Will the King remain King at the end of this or will he pass on the crown?

Durelin
Ah, "pop culture’s unkempt poster child of doom and gloom." A fine addition to this tournament. This person may dress... well... uh... I'd suggest going a bit easy on the lipstick but well it's your choice.

Folwren
A religious band has somehow managed to sneak it's way onto my list. Regardless I reckon they did a well enough job in their field to earn a spot here. For a band that began by performing at home I'd say they're doing well enough.

Celuien
Ah... for some reason you're a conductor... but you're a great musical talent none the less. Ahem, I must say that the photographic memory and some other rather, how shall I put it, illusionary traits have convinced me to let you in. Easily one of the biggest fish in this competition, too bad we're not measure fish.

THE Ka
Definitely an interesting personality, both on and off stage. Said to be appealing to shy teenagers and to glorify working-class criminality. Good thing theres plenty of that in this world. Anyway, a very talented and influentian musician though some songs could be called controversial, I'm certain I've made a good pick.

Rune
For a man who started off just writing I'd say he has done very, very well. His songs are brilliant and very poetic. His vocals may not be that appealing but he can get the job done.

Glirdan
Could be called a controversial pick but their lead placed third in their region's counterpart of Middle-Earth Idol, a show which you'll all remember I judged. Anyway, they are new blood and provide some youth and enthusiasm to proceedings.

Eonwe
I'm not sure what to tell you about them except that their appeal lies in being confusing. Ahem, perhaps another controversial pick but I reckon their music would add some variety (not that we don't already have a lot) and liven up the competition.

Macalaure
Ah... finally someone who participated in Middle-Earth Idol. They were rejected but uh... that is another story. He has great skill with the harp and is a very talented singer, earning the nickname "Mighty Singer". After giving him a heart-crushing 'no' in Idol, I'm giving him a spirit-raising 'yes' for this one.

Diamond18
Here is a delightful trio with roots in some genre known as bluegrass. I always thought the grass was greener on the other side, obviously they have another story to tell. Anyway, this could very easily be billed as another controversial pick however I'll say they, another pick along the lines of Hedley, will have a positive effect on proceedings.

Thinlómien
I, for some reason, have picked a horn for the competition. Oh wait, they're a band. Now then you could quite possibly label this as my most controversial pick but the competition needed some international exposure and an unheard of Finnish band would quite possibly do the trick.

Nogrod
Now here's a band which I daresay would be nothing if not for their lead. Regardless they had a fair impact despite their short time together. They're only in it since the lead singer stated he would not participate without his band. The whims of fame...
Old 09-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

The Battle of the Bands had started of with a bang. People had come in hundreds to see the event. The Snowy Wolf Tavern was filled up in barely an hour, the rest took to setting up camp near by. The first day had started. The fourteen performers gave it their all and were met by a very encouraging round of applause. Sleepy Cowell however was very critical of all of them and declared then that none of them looked good enough to win this and would have to work on their act if they hoped to be even half-way respectable.

His comments were treated to a large round of boos from the audience as the fourteen looked at him dis-heartened. Night fell, everyone returned to their quarters but when the morning came... the mood changed completely. Nobody had expected something like this to occur. Everyone (apart from the conetstants) took to running away. In under an hour the only occupants of the area were the fourteen musicians and Sleepy Cowell. One of them no longer drew breath.

The crowd had awoken to a shocking scene. In the lobby, where once hung a rather fierce looking wolf now hung the severed head of Sleepy Cowell and under the head lay a headless body, unmistakeably his. Pinned under the head and above the body was a note. It read,

Sleepy Cowell, thank you for picking us but you are no longer needed. We are already the greatest musicians in the world and the rest of you are just thorns in our side. The three of us will make sure that you thorns are soon extracted and thrown aside. One by one you will all be picked off. There is no escape, a magical barrier guards the way out. Nobody can enter, nobody can leave. Embrace your fate.

A strange and uneasy silence hung over the musicians. There were three amongst them who had given dirty play a whole new meaning. They looked from one another. "Maybe a bit of fresh air would help clear our minds!" a voice spoke up. Nobody relpied yet they all did step outside. They made their way to the large shell where they had performed earlier. Lo behold! Here there was another note,

Greetings musicians,

You need not worry. Yes, there are those amongst you who wish to cause you harm but keep cool. Stay in the shell during the day, you can not come to any harm here. At night I'm afraid the shell loses it's power and you will have to retreat back to the Tavern. It's up to you to come up with a way to get out of this, to prove you really are amongst the greatest musicians to have ever hummed a tune. It's up to you to keep the spirit of music alive!

Yours Instrumentally,
The Phantom of the Battle-O-Bands

The day had begun. Eyes met, the battle of the bands may have started yesterday but yesterday was just a teaser. The true battle had just begun!

Day 1
Wolves stop talking. Ranger & Hunter stop discussions. Day has begun, you may now start posting. Deadline is 1pm EST just for this day.

Dead
Sleepy Cowell (Mod) - Beheaded and mounted on a wall.

Alive

Menelteramacil
Glirdan
Macalaure
Diamond18
THE Ka
Thinlomien
Celuien
Eonwe
Nogrod
Durelin
Boromir88
Folwren
Volo
Rune

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 09-28-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A very, very shocking beginning. Being beheaded is not a very good thing. I'm rather shocked that. . .that would have happened. . .so soon. You'd think the villains would wait a few deaths later to get gruesome.

I am just checking in. I have nothing to say, other than, good luck, good people, and bad luck bad people.

And don't try to derive any strange and twisted meaning out of this first post be cause there isn't any.

-- Folwren
Old 09-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #6
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

I'm all shook up about what just happened.

We must not toss around wild accusations yet. I believe the best use of our time toDay would be to discuss how exactly the wolves should be hunted down. We're better off going after the wolves with a plan than without one. Some here may think a wolf ain't nothin' but a hound dog, but they're wrong, believe me. Werewolves can be pretty crafty, and we need to be just as crafty to catch them.

Anyhow, I regret to inform you that I'll fall into a deep sleep early on Day 5, and will not wake up until Day 7 due to certain circumstances.

Whatever you do, though, please don't step on my blue suede shoes.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 09-28-2006 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
To the King:

Quote:
I believe the best use of our time toDay would be to discuss how exactly the wolves should be hunted down.
There's one problem that I see with this, it seems rather open. What I mean is by openly discussing how we are going to find werewolves, it would be much easier for the wolves to hide and avoid suspicion, especially if they know what we are going to do to go about finding them. It will be much easier for them to simply be A face in the crowd.

I do agree about random accusations that gets us nowhere and just compounds the confusion of Day 1.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #8
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
"I have had harder times than this. My childhood friend and the drummer of my band commited a suicide, now that was bad..." Volo was extremly sad that this competition was a fraud. "This is sad, Sleepy shouldn't have suffered this, just like none of us should have. The only thing that is left for us is to survive. Let's get rid of the wolves and have a fair competition!" With that Volo took out his guitar and started playing a song of silence.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:21 PM   #9
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, I dunno about u chums, but I've got my ticket out of here! I'm gonna rely on the Power of Rock! to see me through this one!

As for me, Menel, I intend to use my wamy-bar to find to wolves. You know that trick with a forked stick, that's used to find wells? Well, it works the same way. If I point my guitar at someone, and it ... um, wamies, then you are obviously a wolf. So, will you all form a neat line in front of me, and we'll settle this matter quickly with very little confution...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #10
Volo

"Now Eonwe, don't start pointing your stick at anybody you see. The Power of Rock sounds good, but don't rely on it too much.
Boromir said something as true as sad, any strategy we think of now will most certainly turn against us.
Menel, I'm sorry for your absence, but I vow to wake up the king! By the way, talented lad that Toby..."
Volo started playing his alltime favourite, Exciter. Glenn sure knew how to use a guitar! And Rob's voice, nothing can beat that, perfect.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #11
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The only problem with openly discussing our plans of how to catch wolves is what Boromir said - the wolves will know our plane.

The only problem with not openly discussing our plans is...there's no other way to discuss things.

I'm going to quote Boromir not because I'm accusing him or anything, but to make things more conveniently looked up. Okay, Boromir said:

Quote:
There's one problem that I see with this, it seems rather open. What I mean is by openly discussing how we are going to find werewolves, it would be much easier for the wolves to hide and avoid suspicion, especially if they know what we are going to do to go about finding them. It will be much easier for them to simply be A face in the crowd.
Yes, it's true that if we talk about how we're going to go about things, the wolves will try to find ways to hide. On the other hand, if we do not make some sort of effort to bring ourselves together, then we'll be running around with no plan, each man for himself, and the world doesn't go around very well when people act like that. As Benjamin Franklin said at the signing of the Declaration of Independence:

"We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #12
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ouch. My honor has been attacked! I guess it's not so terrible. It will hold up under any scrutiny, so long as I'm not lynched before I can be proven innocent.

Okay. So long with the theatrics, I'm serious. Look, Lommy - I said not to try to take any twisted meaning out of my words. Didn't I say that? It was an awkward business making the first post. I couldn't tell what people would think. It was an ice breaking post and I had absolutely nothing to say.

Over-defensive? Well, yes, maybe so. I've been accused of that many, many times before. But see here, being an innocent, I have no guilty conscience, therefore I don't feel guilty about arguing my way out of a tight spot (or an imaginary tight spot) because I don't have to lie about it. Also, being an innocent, I'm scared to death that someone, as you have done, will point their finger at me, take their attention off the real wolves, and kill a friend. That's why I'm attomatically defensive.

But! The vote has been cast and I am too late.

(By the way, in this game, often when people quote someone else it's because they're accusing them. I wanted to make very sure that Boromir (and everyone else) knew I wasn't accusing him.)

Alright. Having spoken in my defense at length, I will get on.

Quote:
I couldn't have put it better than Di. This is an extremely Day-One-ish Day One so far. The only thing missing would be someone claiming to hate Day-Ones. Would one of the wolves please act foolish so that we can spot him/her? No? A pity...
Well, yes, how else is Day-One supposed to act like? Day-Two? And what's the shame in saying that one hates Day-Ones? I do hate them. They're such a waste of blasted time. Lots of random votes floating around, nothing stable to base one's thoughts on. . .not even a real death. An innocent is more likely to be killed this first day than any of the following!

There, now that I've said that I hate Day-Ones, can someone please tell me why it was a wolvish and foolish thing to do?

Thoughts based on next to nothing:

Diamond begins here career saying that Sleepy had it coming:

Quote:
Unfortunate for Sleepy to die such a grusome death, but it had to happen sooner or later., the man made enemies right and left. I'm just surprise that it was Werewolves and not one of the many talentless yet angry hacks he's eviscerated over the years. Death's funny that way.
As though it were not a surprised he was killed! Excusing the wolves - they did someone else’s job, eh? Tell me, were you one of those people who might have wanted to get him back? Well, well, perhaps it was just an attempt to be witty.

Macalaure went on to say nothing new. Agreeing with Diamond and asking one of the wolves to say how much they disliked Day-Ones. Well, I've done that, and I'm not a wolf, and I don't know why that would prove anyone a wolf. I just don't get it.

Lommy goes firing off and trying to make a strange and twisted meaning out of my first post after I said not to. Really, that's not very kind. I had hoped, from reading your first post, that you would let me speak in my defense before you voted, but I was too late. I might have given you a polite bow, in fact I was intending to, but. . .no.

Still question marks on Durelin. I can't help asking - Why?

And Glirdan's vote. . .but that wasn't as random as Durelin's.

No comment on Volo or Celuien.

Boromir and Menel seem like honest and smart chaps. There's a ring of honesty in their posts, at least so far. But they're both really good players, so I'm inclined to be careful with both of them.

THE Ka? No comments. . .except I don't like her new Avatar. She talked some and seemed to have something to say, which is better than having nothing to say. At least later in the game we'll have something to read when we're worried about her.

Nogrod. . .don't know. Nothing suspicious, how's that?

Same with Rune and Eonwe. No, I'll take that back. I found that wamy guitary thing-a-ding of Eonwe's very strange. Strange and attention bringing. Maybe means she's not a wolf? (Are you a she? Or a he? I don't know and am apprehensive about making a mistake.)

There, I believe that is all. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. It was purely unintentional. Don't get offended if I forgot you.

There are. . .gosh, two hours left. Such little time! Is anyone even going to be here to read what I just spent and hour typing up? So many people have already voted and left! Well, tomorrow will come around and then maybe we'll be able to use this. . .

-- Folwren

(Cross posted with the last three people. Now to read those posts. . .I saw my name at the quick glance. . .hope nothing bad comes of it.)
Old 09-29-2006, 09:11 AM   #13
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, Menel, don't! For heaven's sake, don't vote for me! I'm not guilty!

And I wasn't wishy-washy on my opinions about coming up with some sort of strategy, was I? I certainly didn't mean to by - on my honor! I said from the beginning that it is impossible to make a plan behind the wolve's back because everything we say and do is in the open. I said that we should try to come to some understanding. . .a certain amount of conformity with some plan or net. I didn't make any suggestions, true, for the mere fact that I don't have any ideas.

I didn't mean to change my views on it. Really, trully, and honestly, I didn't. I think I did make one post without reading the posts before it. Ah, here - I have not read the posts between Post #15 and #23. Did my post (#23) make me sound wishy-washy? I'll go back and see and post again . . . if I think I need to defend myself.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #14
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Um, sorry bout that. I was writing down the votes, and it seems I've made at bit of a mistake. *embarrassed*

Here they are for real:

Durelin --> THE Ka
Glirdan --> Durelin
THE Ka --> Volo
Lommy --> Folwren
Rune --> Mac
Celuien --> Volo
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #15
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, please, please, just this round, give me the benefit of the doubt. I am not guilty. We're drawing so near to the end that one more vote for me may be the end!

Quote:
Folwren looks pretty suspicious. I would just like to add to the previous comments the following. Folwren seems to be one of those most lovable and nice Downers there ever is and so it might be quite a burden for her to play the Baddie... kind of leading to being overtly careful and almost apologetic?
Thanks for the compliment, but it does little good here. I wanted to actually say - I haven't really been apologizing at all. I'm an innocent, and I'm not sorry. And if I were a wolf, I wouldn't be sorry then, either, except for having to be dis-honest. I've been defending myself to the best of my ability. You'll find I'm always like this if only once seriously accused. If the accusation can hold no water, I don't usually say much, but when Lommy questioned me. . .it was dangerous and I replied accordingly.

It will be a huge waste to kill me this first round.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #16
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Gah!

Four votes left (although Volo was not sure whether he would be back in time). It's basically anyone...

Maybe we should reconsider the "middle-men" as I suggested earlier, namely Rune and Celuien (I'm out with voting for Folwren now). They have trailed the discussion of Menel and Boro nicely. A good shady place for a wolf to pass behind the notice of everyone else?

Or then Volo? 15 minutes...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #17
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Volo's last post about himself:
Quote:
#38 Volo says what people have said and goes off somewhere (to koiralenkki).
THat last one there, the "koiralenkki" means a walk with the dog (or jogging with the dog). Curious it would take him more than two and half hours as not to make it to the end?

I might vote Volo on this... Avoiding the discussion?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #18
Volo

Just getting a post ready.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #19
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay, I'll do it.

If you are an innocent extreme-sports man, I apologise, but 2½ hours with the dog outside when the heat is on in the WW-game just doesn't sound right. It sounds like avoiding the chance of making mistakes and that's something a wolf might wish to do...

++ Volo

EDIT (too late...): Didn't notice Volo being back!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #20
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You could've waited that few more minutes, Nogrod...

edit: didn't notice Nogrod editing
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #21
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I wouldn't like to see a double(triple??)-lynching today. Therefore I wouldn't like to vote for somebody who has no vote yet.

Out of the ones who have one vote, I don't like to vote Nogrod since I find him increasingly innocent. I don't like to vote Rune (even though he voted me) because I want to hear more of him. The same holds for Ka and Durelin.

Out of the ones who have two votes, I don't like to vote for me and I don't like to vote for Folwren. This leaves me again with Volo, whom I could vote for though with a bad conscience and a bad feeling.

edit: crossed with Nogrod and Volo. Volo, hurry!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #22
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
By the Will of Diamond and Celuien and Rune, apparently Day hasn't ended yet. My mistake. Do carry on.

This post will self destruct at 5pm BST / 12 noon EST, which is incidentally when Day actually ends.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #23
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
buckets 'o crazy

I’m going to go through all the posts (hopefully, if I can swing it in the time I have, curse the board) and give my impressions of each player, in the order they are listed in Sleepy’s posts.

Glirdan

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...5&postcount=13

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...9&postcount=26

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...5&postcount=80

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...5&postcount=85

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...8&postcount=94

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=105

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=107

Glirdan is worrisome to me. The first day I did not find his hasty vote particularly strange as I’m know what it’s like to have to vote early with little to go on. His opening post is very par for the course as far as character play goes… lots of shock and exclamation over the mod’s death is vintage Glirdy.

However with the dawn of day 2 he really starts striking me as off. He attacks Folwren, starting by using what was clearly throwaway commenting on Sleepy’s death, something which never sits well with me. When something is obviously meant as in character or as a chatty preamble I honestly don’t understand why anyone would use it as a serious condemnation. Unless you were really trying to cast suspicion or suspected the player of taunting. At any rate, the rest of his case against Folwren has some merit, but since I tend to feel Folwren is as blindingly innocent as… snow that’s really bright… I find the way he goes after her to be somewhat unsettling. Plus, he seems to shy away from the notion of voting for her but ends up doing so on encouragement from Nogrod not to let others direct him. Which is odd.

I could see myself voting for him, but the one thing that holds me up is that I’ve played with Glirdan before and have known him to behave somewhat oddly and yet be innocent. So I don’t like to fall for the “he’s oh so lynchable” pitfall and kill an innocent merely for playing style. I shall have to evaluate the other candidates.

Macalaure

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...0&postcount=31

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...9&postcount=46

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...4&postcount=52

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...8&postcount=61

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...2&postcount=63

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...5&postcount=69

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...9&postcount=71

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...1&postcount=73

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...0&postcount=96

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=113

I had reservations about Mac’s early Day 1 posting (see my previous posts). The timing of his vote for Volo seems to speak well, but his wording still gives me pause, as he seems to reiterate a lot that he didn’t suspect Volo all that much. This strikes me as trying to put emphasis on the luckiness of him spotting a wolf Day 1, lest we think he knew Volo’s identity and was intentionally sacrificing him.

Diamond18

Doesn’t post much, posts nonsense when she does show up. I’d keep an eye out for that bad seed if I were you.

THE Ka

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...7&postcount=19

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...0&postcount=29

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...5&postcount=93

Bit at a loss about Ka. She voted Volo for reasons I don’t quite understand, and since she turned out to be right could be seen as having good instincts or being in the know. Her vote was cast at a particularly safe time, being the first to vote for Volo, so this could well be wolf-on-wolf tactics. On Day 2 she has so far made some statements speculating on how the wolves are behaving, which kind of doesn’t give me much of an idea about anything.

Lommy

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...3&postcount=32

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...1&postcount=36

Well I don’t have much to go on. I really have nothing to observe on except that I dislike not having anything to observe on. She did seem to overestimate my posting, saying

Quote:
Diamond didn't start with cuddly in-character bantering? I'm not sure what to make of this either, but it's nice to see her starting serious discussion this early.
I’m not sure who’s posts she was reading but it wasn’t mine. I mean, I did start in character, with links! And then said nothing of great consequence beside yawning over the Day 1ishness of the Day so far. So. Weird. Also, she called me cuddly. Like Snuggles the Fabric Softener Teddy Bear? Them’s fighting words.

Yeah, so basically, a whole lot of nothing. Shady….

Celuien

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...9&postcount=14

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...6&postcount=21

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...3&postcount=24

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...0&postcount=34

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...1&postcount=40

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...2&postcount=88

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...4&postcount=92

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=102

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=104

Celuien feels pretty innocent to me at this time. Her posts have all been calm and reasonable. Maybe she gets her serenity from knowing who are wolves and who are not, but at this time I don’t feel suspicious enough to start speculating on that. Nothing factual really supports it. She cast a vote for Volo at a time when putting him in the lead on a day notorious for spread out votes, so unless she was trying to fenris wolf him, I look favorably on her voting record.

Eonwe

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...69&postcount=9

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...7&postcount=25

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...2&postcount=42

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...7&postcount=45

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...7&postcount=49

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...5&postcount=53

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...9&postcount=56

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...6&postcount=97

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=110

Day 1 is pretty much par for the Eonwe course as far as I know. If I recall correctly, he usually gets lynched just by annoying people with his random voting. Day 2 he speaks less, but gives a pretty well reasoned vote for Glirdan (as these things go). Right now I haven’t really got a feel on him either way, but I don’t think I’ve ever been able to get a feel on him in the past, so this isn’t surprising.

Nogrod

Augh. The idea of going through all Noggie’s posts just killed me a little. But since he has been very talkative I’ve already formed a feel for him, and I don’t suspect him at this point. His vote for Volo speaks well, unless it’s a fenrising, but I’ll worry about that later if I should have reason to. For now, I’m not even considering voting Noggie so I’ll skip re-reading all his posts.

Durelin

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...2&postcount=15

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...6&postcount=81

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...2&postcount=91

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...8&postcount=98

Durelin I feel fairly comfortable with at this time. Not sure why, as she hasn’t posted very much and her Day 1 post was kind of flaky. But I’ve seen Durelin play before as an innocent (heck, as a gifted) and this isn’t unusual and doesn’t mean she isn’t being helpful. In #98 she brings up a phrase of Mac’s that I also puzzled over – however I ended up just deciding that his grammar was off and am not sure whether anything more can be read into it. If it is a slip of a deeper kind, could be quite telling, but I don’t know, those kinds of phrase fudges can be innocently made in haste.

Boro

Boro is kind of the same story as Nogrod for me. If I had been able to start this earlier and not forced to cram it into 2 hours, I’d go over his posts but I’m starting to do this shorthand. At any rate, he voted for Mac whom I was also a bit suspicious of yesterday (still am) so nothing about that raises red flags.

Folwren

I’ll make this short: I’m pretty sure she’s innocent. The only wolf I can recall being histrionic was Valier once, otherwise this is just something wolves don’t do. Innocents do it and get lynched for it, but wolves, not so much. Or maybe I’m just feeling really emphatic, because I recognize a lot of her sentiments as ways I’ve played games in the past. Whatever. Not voting for her.

Rune

I’m still kind of clueless about Rune, which made me uncomfortable enough to vote for him Day 1. However, I think I have enough suspicions of others after Day 2 to vote for one of them.

Unfortunately, in concentrating on the living I’ve sort of run out of time to give a real good look at Volo’s behavior in relation to others. I have mainly his last post to go on.

Okay, I probably have some more to catch up on since I started working on this, so now to see who I’ve cross posted with.

(Sorry I didn't format the links nicely, I usually do, but it just takes forever. I didn't even take down the links for the last ones. I do so hate being rushed).
Old 10-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #24
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
This was my post before, but due to the technical difficulties it didn't come out. I'll try to get everything down before, but this will be rushed to get in time.

Thinlomien, due to problems with computer access already, put that with the technical difficulties recently. I'm willing to let Lommy go for today, but don't expect this grace from me the next day.

Celuien. I wouldn't necessarily call it a spat we had, that seems like a rather hateful connotation. I suspected you, you defended yourself, that's business, it's how it works. I'll be watching you more closely tomorrow, but for today you have cooled a little bit of suspicion.

I felt like something wasn't right with Mac yesterday and I bought his explanation as far as he had never been in that Day 1 situation before. Nogrod did point out a good argument, but I happen to disagree. I did also wonder about this comment, which seemed strange:
Quote:
First, I was the one who suggested that the remaining people voted Volo. Just because I happen to be the second of the actual voters doesn't make it a cover.
I was wondering about this, I'm beginning to think though that Mac is an innocent. He makes a comment that I honestly don't think a wolf would make:
Quote:
Out of the ones who have two votes, I don't like to vote for me and I don't like to vote for Folwren. This leaves me again with Volo, whom I could vote for though with a bad conscience and a bad feeling
Nogrod bolds that last part, which I guess would mean he's emphasizing it. The thing is I've seen this saying all too many times during my long history in werewolf, and there's only two situations I've seen.

1. It's an innocent who is worried about lynching another innocent. Which is understandable, and has happened many many times. If you don't know the identity of the person you voted for, you'll feel bad if that person is innocent, or even worse a gifted. This is a natural feeling of an innocent player who's not sure about his votee's identity.

2. It's a wolf to use an excuse to get away from suspicion of voting for an innocent. The wolves of course know who's an innocent, and they're goal is obviously to get innocents lynched. In order to stay away from suspicion, they'll put out this as an excuse to look innocent and they were misled.

I've never seen that comment used by a wolf to vote for another wolf partner. Becuase, the wolves also know their partners, and if they are going to contribute to a partner's death they want to appear strong and make a convincing argument. So people will say...'Look this person was a very influential factor in the death of a wolf, he/she is probably not one then...' I've never seen a wolf act weak/unsure when they cast a vote for another wolf partner. So, for me this right now speak to me that Mac is innocent.

Which leaves me with Glirdan. Di says he is an aggressive player, and the short records I have of Glirdan (1 game, 1 day) this is true. It could just be though that he's using that aggressive behavior, a normal Glirdan personality, to disguise his true aggressive self.

That means.

++Glirdan

(I'm already going to edit this because I know I'm probably mass cross-posting).

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-01-2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: bolding my vote and mass x-posting
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #25
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
There has been a half hour reprive on the deadline.

This is very frustrating. I don't have time to go back through the thread now because of the deadline and Downs being down for so long. Boro is still making me nervous, but I'll trust Folwren's judgment for now and let that pass. I think she's probably innocent.

Also frustrating is that I see Glirdy coming up as a chief lynching candidate. Please don't. I really, really think that he's not guilty.

The only votes are two for Glirdy, one for Folwren and one for Durelin. I believe, but don't know that Folwren is innocent. I'm sure that Glirdy is. And I don't know about Durelin, but think she's innocent.

I want to save Glirdy. What can I do?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #26
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I think I'm going to vote for Mac. I'm not going to commit till closer to the actual cut off time, though.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #27
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I don't want to vote for Folwren, Durelin, or Glirdan, but of those three would vote Glirdan. As of right now it wouldn't matter, though. So I'd still vote Mac.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #28
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
I think I'm going to vote for Mac. I'm not going to commit till closer to the actual cut off time, though.
Well, I'll go where I have to, though I'm not sure about Mac. I am certain about Glirdan, and I'd rather save someone I'm fairly certain is innocent.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #29
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

++Mac
Old 10-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #30
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Thank you, Durelin.

++MAC

I hope he's a wolf. I have my doubts. But at least Glirdy is safe.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #31
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright, I'm going with my original suspicion. Though now that he's voted for me, I'm a little less suspicious... At least, I don't think it wise for a wolf to actually vote for his accuser. Glirdan's being odd, and I see he already has...two votes? Well, as I recall that's rather normal Glirdan. But my memory fails me quite a lot...

At any rate, I don't feel I've seen enough yet to vote for him, particularly since he's already got a couple.

Hrmm.

Eh, it has to be... Two minutes left?

This might help you two decide, Di and Cel.

++Mac
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #32
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I did not say anything but boromir made a bit nervouse already yesterday, the reason for me not saying anything is because I wanted to observe him first.

I cannot go show the evidence due to conection problems and lack of time.

He in his agreeing with me, he kind of shifted the focus from him to me, I might be overanalysing, but it could be a way of securing him self if people found his arguments suspiciouse. .

there is more, but it will have to wait.

++Boromir

sorry for all

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:07 AM   #33
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Arrgh. I feel like I'm yelling at the walls.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #34
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Day has Ended

Really this time.

Sleepy will come and write up a death post later.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #35
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Mod's Delight

Alright. Glirdan and Mac are both tied at three votes.

Mac is an innocent.
Glirdan is the hunter.
Glirdan takes Folwren (another innocent) with him.

I'm busy at present but I shall have their deaths up soon.