The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Tol-in-Gaurhoth XVII: The Saga Continues to Continue quite Continuously

It is the Second Age, seventy-five years since Elendil and his sons escaped Numenor and established the Realms in Exile. Off the southern coast of the now-prosperous kingdom of Gondor, in the Bay of Belfalas, lies an island. Not a very large island as islands go, but large enough to contain a village of twenty in a bay on its northern coast. Recently, however, Sauron, desiring to overthrow the kingdom, has sent three werewolves to infiltrate this village and kill all the villagers. Due to this, the island will one day come to be named...

Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the new Isle of Werewolves.
Welcome to the seventeenth game of Barrow-Downs Werewolf.
The rules are as follows:

The game is divided into two phases, NIGHT and DAY.

During the DAY, the people of this village shall confer amongst themselves about their suspicions as to who the Wolves may be. This is also the time when the Ranger and Hunter may PM each other. The people of the village vote for whom they want to lynch. Whoever gets the most votes will be lynched. Votes are not retractable and should be posted in bold, on a separate line like this.

++Meneltarmacil

Double lynchings are allowed if two villagers have the same number of votes. If three or more villagers have the same amount of votes, two lynchees will be randomly decided by a roll of whatever variety of die is needed (I have several).

At NIGHT, no more posting is allowed. At this time, the Werewolves PM each other and decide amongst themselves whom to kill. The Seer dreams during the Night, and the Ranger and Hunter carry out their duties.

EDIT: If you die, you're dead. Please do not attempt to contact those still alive in the game to discuss the situation, and please do not post anything more related to this game on this thread or on the original Tol-in-Gaurhoth thread.

FURTHER EDIT: While you can say "I'm a wolf", etc. all you like, you may not post PMs or anything to prove what your role is.

DAYS and NIGHTS will be begin and end at 5:00 PM Eastern Time, which is 10:00 PM GMT and 3:00 PM Mountain Time.

You may not edit your posts, except to correct grammar/format errors or to report cross-posting. Please stay in Invisible Mode.

Roles:

Ordinary Villagers: The Ordinary Villagers post during the DAY and decide whom to lynch. They are silent at NIGHT.

Werewolves: The 3 Werewolves act like Ordinary Villagers during the DAY. At NIGHT, they PM each other and choose one villager to kill. They shall PM that choice to me.

Seer: Each NIGHT, the Seer chooses one villager to dream about and PMs his/her choice to me. The role of that villager will be revealed. The Cobbler, however, will appear to be an Ordinary Villager to the Seer.

Hunter: Each NIGHT, the Hunter chooses one villager to take down with him/her in case he/she is killed and PMs his/her choice to me. However, nobody else dies during the DAY if the Hunter is lynched. The Hunter may PM the Ranger during the DAY, but not at NIGHT.

Ranger: Each NIGHT, the Ranger chooses one villager to protect and PMs his/her choice to me. The Werewolves cannot kill that person during that NIGHT. The Ranger cannot protect him/herself, and cannot protect the same person two Nights in a row.

Cobbler: The Cobbler hates his/her job, his/her life, and the other villagers so much that he/she wants the Wolves to kill everyone. The Cobbler creates confusion during the DAY and helps get innocents lynched, basically doing whatever is needed to help the Wolves, even at the cost of his/her own life. The Cobbler does not know who the Wolves are, and they do not know who the Cobbler is. The Cobbler appears to be an Ordinary Villager to the Seer.

Those Participating:
1. mormegil- Elven smith
2. Garin- Truffle hunter with a half a dozen pigs and no social manners
3. Nilpaurion Felagund- Escaped thrall from Tol-in-Gaurhoth
4. dancing spawn of ungoliant- Florist
5. The Saucepan Man- Earnest and learned young man of the law
6. Aiwendil- Old woodwright
7. AbercrombieOfRohan- Mysterious lady who lives in the depths of the forest
8. Shelob- Someone who recently washed ashore
9. malkatoj- Retired Miracle Man (who is not really a man)
10. Gil-Galad- Shape-Analyst
11. Glirdan- Crazy guy down the street
12. Márcolië Lamen- Second official 8th day adventist Pastafarian
13. Formendacil- Village historian
14. Cailín- Deluded girl who believes she is a mermaid
15. Kath- Local investigator into the paranormal
16. the guy who be short- Mermaid-catcher and fisherman
17. WaynetheGoblin- Town geek, wimp, and nerd
18. Naria- Crazy old lady that thinks the marine life talks to her
19. Valier- Overly giggly coconut milker who only milks the coconuts while standing on her head
20. Meneltarmacil- Ye Olde Knighte

It is now Night 1. Villagers may not post. Wolves may PM, Ranger and Hunter may not. I only need a name from the Seer toNight.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 02-04-2006 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Changing "must" to "should." No reason to ignore votes with formatting a little off. Also, added the "dead people tell no tales" reminder. And another reminder. Etc.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Day 1 begins

The villagers awoke to the dawn of a new Day.

Shelob wandered around town, still trying to familiarize herself with her surroundings. She passed by Kath, who was checking the village for ghosts.

While mormegil started work on a set of knives, Aiwendil put the finishing touches on a dinner table.

The guy who be short checked his mermaid traps, the only catch being Cailín, who had once again been trying to prove her mermaidness to the village. He sighed and let her out.

Márcolië Lamen attempted to convert Garin to the One True Way of Pastafarianism, only to find herself being attacked by his overeager pigs.

Nilpaurion Felagund ran around on the beach enjoying his freedom from a different Isle of Werewolves, only to run right into a palm tree, knocking a coconut from it onto his head. Valier, who was standing on her head to milk some coconuts nearby, saw this and fell over due to a sudden fit of the giggles as a result.

Dancing spawn of ungoliant attempted to sell Naria a bouquet of colorful flowers; however, this was interrupted when a group of sea turtles apparently sent the latter an urgent message.

Wayne tried to play a game of Dungeons and Dragons in his basement with Gil-Galad. Gil, however, quickly lost interest in the game while analyzing the shapes of the various dice on the table.

As Glirdan walked by muttering to himself under his breath, The Saucepan Man silently wondered if there was a legal way to get all these nutcases shipped off the island for good.

Their thoughts were interrupted by a scream from within the woods. The villagers ran to investigate, finding the mysterious AbercrombieofRohan in distress. Meneltarmacil lay upon ye olde grounde nearby, impaled with ye olde speare. Upon examining ye olde knighte, malkatoj announced that he was only “mostly dead, which is barely alive.”

“Who did this to you?” The Saucepan Man asked.

“Th-three… w-werewolves...” Menel said with his dying breath, and then fell silent. As Formendacil dutifully recorded all this in the village chronicles, malkatoj, seeing that Menel was now “all dead,” went through his pockets looking for loose change.

The villagers gathered in the center of town. The wolf hunt had begun.

Living:
mormegil- Elven smith
Garin- Truffle hunter with a half a dozen pigs and no social manners
Nilpaurion Felagund- Escaped thrall from Tol-in-Gaurhoth
dancing spawn of ungoliant- Florist
The Saucepan Man- Earnest and learned young man of the law
Aiwendil- Old woodwright
AbercrombieOfRohan- Mysterious lady who lives in the depths of the forest
Shelob- Someone who recently washed ashore
malkatoj- Retired Miracle Man (who is not really a man)
Gil-Galad- Shape-Analyst
Glirdan- Crazy guy down the street
Márcolië Lamen- Second official 8th day adventist Pastafarian
Formendacil- Village historian
Cailín- Deluded girl who believes she is a mermaid
Kath- Local investigator into the paranormal
the guy who be short- Mermaid-catcher and fisherman
WaynetheGoblin- Town geek, wimp, and nerd
Naria- Crazy old lady that thinks the marine life talks to her
Valier- Overly giggly coconut milker who only milks the coconuts while standing on her head

Dead:
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Speared by wolves on Night 1

Wolves: 3
Villagers: 16

It is now Day 1. Villagers may post. Hunter and Ranger may PM each other, Wolves may not.

(Note: My mentioning of villagers' activities is not intended to refer to their roles as wolves, etc.)
Old 02-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
oh my three werewolves... thats bad... what are we to do? where are our gifted to save us? oh i hope i don't get lynched... though if i say this i will get band-wagonned on again and i'll be lynched and it will be for naught becuase i'm an Ordinary...again... though when i say i'm innocent people will say that sounds wolish and lynch me and that'll prove to them that i am indeed innocent...perhaps i've said too much already... i need to be serious... oh look a rectangle! *runs off*
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Alas for the death of ye olde knighte. Verily shall he be missed. I recall his tales of brave exploits amusing me when I was a young lad, afore my fisher years.

Now then, I would like to arbitrarily mention my suspicion of the following:

mormegil
Garin
Nilpaurion Felagund
dancing spawn of ungoliant
The Saucepan Man
Aiwendil
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shelob
malkatoj
Gil-Galad
Glirdan
Márcolië Lamen
Formendacil
Cailín
Kath
WaynetheGoblin
Naria
Valier

Especially Kath, cos she's nasssty.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
'Tis such a pity, good villagers, how the events of one's life conspire to take us away at times when our civic responsibility should be first in our lives...

I should let you all know, right now, that I am the Ranger, and I've dreamed about all of the villager, and if anyone kills me, I'll kill Nilp, 'cause he wants to be lynched:

mormegil: Is innocent, annoyingly so. He'll probably propose a grand plan on Day 3 or 4 to out the Werewolves.
Garin: Is a Werewolf.
Nilpaurion Felagund: Is innocent, but suicidal.
dancing spawn of ungoliant: Is another Werewolf.
The Saucepan Man: Is innocent. He will try and kill Morm.0
Aiwendil: Is the tax-collector. He will rob us blind.
AbercrombieOfRohan: Is a very pretty young girl and couldn't possibly hurt me.
Shelob: Is also very pretty, but she'll probably try and lynch me.
malkatoj: Will try to kill me. Innocent, though.
Gil-Galad: Is not a Werewolf. Might be the Werebear.
Glirdan: Is secretly a Hobbit. Don't let on, though.
Márcolië Lamen: Has a thing for turtles. Might be a Wereturtle.
The Guy Who Be Short: Is guiltier than snot, and should be our first victim.
Cailín: Is the third Werewolf.
Kath: Is quiet. She'll probably hide in a corner until Day 5, then kill us all.
WaynetheGoblin: Has a thing for Werewolves. Probably the Cobbler.
Naria: Very scary, but innocent.
Valier: Is Queen Beruthiel: see that catavatar?

I'm voting for ++ Valier. Queen Beruthiel must go!

(And if you believe everything I've said, you're madder than I am! Sorry about things, but I very likely won't post again toDAY, nor on DAY 2 till later on... Kill me if you like, you're only losing your Lord and Master. )
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Only one post and I am already confused! Gil, dear, you sound rather traumatised. Anything you wish to own up to?

Three werewolves! Not one, not a modest couple, but three...! And they are horrible creatures: all smelly and hairy and nothing gracious about them. I suppose this would be a proper time to return to sea, but unfortunately, I quite forgot where I left my red cap.

TGWBS obsession with mythical creatures is certainly suddenly far more unnerving. I say he has an unhealthy obsession for mermaids. And why isn't he more obsessed with me? *whines*

You don't suppose werewolves only eat meat, huh? I might be immune!
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Cailín, I've told you over and over. You're not a mermaid. You never were a mermaid. You never will be a mermaid. You have LEGS, for Illamatar's sake!

As for my "unhealthy" obsession with mermaids... it's more a passion than an obsession. And I have the right to a personal life, don't I?

I'd like to add that mermaids and werewolves are completely unalike. Unless you get weremaids...
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh! OH! OH! My head is starting to hurt! (Giggle) THREE WEREWOLVES!!!! What ever shall we do? I must go and stand on my head some more, to rid me of this nasty headache........But I will be (Giggle)...watching you all for signs of wolfishness. (Giggle)
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Cailín, I've told you over and over. You're not a mermaid. You never were a mermaid. You never will be a mermaid. You have LEGS, for Illamatar's sake!
They are not legs, my tail was just accidentally split in half! I had a hard life, you know. And besides, everyone knows mermaids have legs while on land! You don't know the first thing about them! You'll never catch one. Haha.

Anyway - I will have to leave you all for now. My fins desperately need a bath and I have to practice sea hymns and the like. Be safe while I'm gone. Don't kill fish. They are our friends.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #10
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Tee-hee!

It was good my name started with 'N,' otherwise my acrostic would have floundered.

(I'm a bit depressed: I didn't get lynched.)

Great game, everyone! Special kudos to:

malka, for saving the village--it's (almost) all you!

Sauce, for managing to catch a Werewolf while I was wringing my hands wondering if I'll be lynched in this game.

morm--I didn't think you were a Cobbler until Lhuna told me her suspicions.

Garin, for not changing his playing style, which almost (but not quite) saved him.

and, to daga'y who be short, who probably goes with lmp as one of the best losing Werewolves ever. I wouldn't have suspected you!

And, sorry to Cailín, for having a hand in her death. (What do I have against you???)

(Vzv, Sauce, I see we had identical Hunter candidates. Although malka was also in my list . . . )

Post-traumatic possums. It was fun playing with spawn again.

Poster's post-op. It's official: 'Pulling a Nilp' is now part of WW vocabulary.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote