The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril Tol-in-Gaurhoth LII: Star Crossed II: Together for Eternity

Welcome to the “Lonely Hearts Club” seventh annual month-long romantic getaway. Twenty lucky singles have traveled to a remote island resort hotel, orchestrated by an online dating service. Looking for love and hoping to leave the resort with a new special someone, little do they realize that they will soon be hoping to leave with their lives.

For on the first night, the secluded lover’s paradise is witness to a murder. Young Diamond, one of the lovely but lonely ladies of the club, is murdered in her bed. No one is coming back to check on the Lonely Hearts for a month, and soon suspicions turn to accusations and vigilante-style justice. But justice is blind, and will the Lonely Hearts survive until they can escape?!??!?

Beware -- the truth of what is happening is shrouded in mystery. You cannot know how many among you are murderous, or who among you are there to help and protect. You must search for clues among each night’s happenings.

The Living Lonely Hearts Club:

Groin
Lommy
Aganzir
Legate
Kitanna
Gollum
Nogrod
Brinniel
Sally
Shasta
Gwath
Rikae
Mac
McCaber
Fea
Greenie
Eönwë
Lalaith
Eomer

Hearts Which Have Stopped Beating:

Diamond (Lonely Heart)

Some basic rules: No modfire. No retractable votes. First one to reach the majority in a tie, dies.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Err this has begun, right?

Poor Diamond! She was so sweet and pretty and all.

Hey darlings, time to stop snogging and talk. I'll be here for a while but I don't really bother to post anything proper as long as I'm the only one talking. Is there anybody else around?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Sticking my head in- I won't be properly around until after lunch (it's 7:44am just now)... but I am here.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hmm of course I could analyse my own posts.

Agan's a baddie cause she was the first one to talk and says she's sorry for Di's death. I suggest lynching her.

Or then let's lynch Gwath. He's always a good choice.

In truth Agan and Gwath are lovers and Agan's just trying to double bluff since no one's going to take these first few posts seriously anyway.
Now she said it aloud so it's a triple bluff.

The sex ratio here on our pretty little island should be 9/10 (hey Gollum are you male or female?). In case Di has decided to play it chaste and hasn't paired up people of the same sex, we can systematically execute members of one sex in order to kill the lovers effectively.

edit: ooh xed with Fea
Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 AM   #5
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree with Aganzir: we should lynch Aganzir today.

Well, since Di hasn't informed us about any significant changes in the rules, I guess the basics are the same: four couples of lovers, each equipped with the ability to kill at night. There is once again going to be ridiculous slaughter during the first nights and everyone who makes it til day3 can consider himself lucky.

The one lynch we poor little lonely hearts have looks quite pitiful compared with the four kills a night our evildoers have. The good thing is that the were-creatures and their lovers seek to kill each other at least as much as they seek to kill innocents. Each couple is more likely to be killed by another couple than by us! They're each other's worst enemy.

Eventually, it will come down to a situation of one were-couple against a few innocents. We're unlikely to have contributed much to the deaths of the others, but at that point, the outcome is in our hands again. In fact, as hopeless and kill-outnumbered as we are now, our chances then will be rather good, with two possible targets.

However this ends, it is going to be interesting.

Oh, and in the first part, same-sex couple were allowed, so I would suppose it's the same this time.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #6
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Mac you're evil, you weren't allowed to say so! It's a privilege reserved to me. I'll remove your name instantly from my top 18 list.

Hmm if they are allowed (Di! How immoral of you!) then my little plan doesn't work. Gah.

I think Mac is a baddie because he just talks about game dynamics which is a good way to appear helpful without really being it. Besides he's trying to dishearten us by saying that we're unlikely to contribute much to the deaths of the were-creatures. He could for example accuse people instead!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #7
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
He could for example accuse people instead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
we should lynch Aganzir today.
Hmmm?

You in turn seem to be quite over-eager to accuse, my dear.

By the way, I think it's quite sensible to discuss game dynamics when you haven't even reached post 10 yet. I daresay it's more helpful than just bantering - though maybe not as funny, I admit.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 AM   #8
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I was under the impression that we're not allowed to know the particulars of roles at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
Beware -- the truth of what is happening is shrouded in mystery. You cannot know how many among you are murderous, or who among you are there to help and protect. You must search for clues among each night’s happenings.
Ie: we may or may not have a bazillion wolves, we could all, in fact, be wolves, maybe secretly nobody is? We're all for ourselves? This is just me exaggerating, but the point it: we don't actually know how many bad guys are amongst us.

This reminds me of the game I ran when both my wolves were dead in the first day or so and I didn't want to end so I just didn't bother revealing roles and let the village kill itself. Last man standing won (Saucie). Di, I merely assume roles will be revealed upon death?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post

Or then let's lynch Gwath. He's always a good choice.
Har har.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Har har.
Now I would stop that if I were you; there's five pages in front of you and if you are going to stop like that by every post, you are not going to finish reading even the first page in these eight hours that remain till DL...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
In an instant... wasn't that what we were here for in the first place?
Yes. There are some people who claim we can't pair up if we didn't do it in the very beginning, but who's going to listen to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Har har.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I've got to go now.

I'm going to give Mac the benefit of doubt whether that's wise or not.

++Eomer

Because he has only posted once, joined a bandwagon-ish thing, said little and probably won't be coming back.

Not very innocentish, not to speak about being constructive.

edit: xed with Legate
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote