The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up Come Compete In The Annual Fellowship Games!

"Ladies and gentelmen, Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Pukel Men! Welcome to the First Annual Fellowship Games! In tribute to the great deeds done in The War of The Ring, we gather here and compete in the re-enactment of the Fellowship's most beloved stunts! Please stand for the ceremonial lighting of our replica of Mt Doom, which will remain lit for the duration of the games."

The crowd stands and many hats are removed as an Orc rushes through the masses carrying a lit torch. The orc makes a dramatic lunge at a six foot high scale replica of Mt. Doom, blasting a large crater in it. On a platform above the miniature volcano, a scrawny, creepy figure appears. "It's mine!" It shrieks as it leaps weirdly about the platform, "My precious!" The creature leaps for joy, and falls into the crater of Mt. Doom. The volcano explodes, and the crowd ooohs and ahhas.

"Thank you all for coming, and enjoy the games!"

The Winter X Games gave me an idea, how about some annual Middle Earth X Games? Thus derived The Fellowship Games. I'm thinking, what sort of extreme sports could be invented from the stunts of the Fellowship? Shieldboarding down stairs, troll spear dodging, perhaps a Caradharas Iron Man? I think this would be even more fun if we posted in scenes RPG style in addition to comments and suggestions, rather than just saying; "Yeah, I can see Legolas being banned from competition because he always wins everything!" Besides that, Gimli's obviously going to kick Legolas's Elven butt.

Let the Games Begin!
~Pyro~

Last edited by Pyroclastic; 02-13-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Pyroclastic is offline   Reply With Quote