The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #9
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Congratulations, Linnamalle! By the time I make it I'm sure you'll be already gone, but leave some little note behind for me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Or, if you prefer, a note for all the walkers still making their way to the Hidden Valley. I plan to, as well as leaving some little cakes of a secret Shire recipe!

You have walked 302 miles.
You are still south of the Road (300).
It is 12 miles to the next landmark. You still have 156 miles to Rivendell.

Very thrilled at making it over 300 miles. My walk today could not be considered entirely pleasant, however. All of the hobbits fell silent in their laughing and talking and Strider's face became grim as we passed a place where, in the distance, we could see trees being torn and beautiful green being destroyed to 'make a city of my town.' It actually brought tears to my eyes (but no wonder, as in actual life this is very difficult for me to see happen), and I cannot say anyone else in our small company looked exactly pleased. "Thank goodness it's not back home," Pippin said. "I couldn't stand it there." Sam was in silent agreement. I wouldn't like to be someone destroying the Shire while he's about.

I believe I've walked five miles thus far today. Unlike usual, after dinner we'll keep walking at least two miles further. Strider says we should definitely eat dinner or we might collapse, but he prefers a better place to camp rather than the one we are currently stopping in. I can smell Sam's cooking from where I write, so I'm off to see what he's made today.