Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2004, 12:55 AM   #11
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Maén had then taken a seat at the table where she had been standing before. And in a heap she lay her head upon all her notes, half in relief, half in nervousness of the task ahead. Carathir, however was standing behind her chair, she thought that perhaps he was no accustomed to Inns and Taverns in Gondor. Then they were in the same boat, for Maén had spent much of her life in the higher circles of the city protected and away from the mainstream of the society.

“How now Carathir?” she asked, still with her head on the table, watching as intently as she could her new companions.

“I beg your pardon Miss Il Galoth?” he said leaning his head around to see her.

“Sit, or something Carathir, Have you never seen a place like this before? I imagine you have…” Maén had intended to speak more but she was now watching with increased curiosity why on earth Atharen was trying to hold Crystal in her place. Now a thought popped into her head, why was Crystal so apprehensive before about the mentioning of Ferethor’s dealings with her father?

Obviously sensing that he had not her attention Carathir moved blocking her site of the fiasco. He could see that Maén was bothered by his movements. She lifted her head up and sat up straight. “Miss Il Galoth, what shall I do now?” he asked, again in a polite manner.

“I suppose that you can go and find a stable in one of the upper circles of the city, I wont need Hittai for a while, we have other work to do. I will meet you at the Library, from there we have things to do.” Carathir bowed again and left. Maén lingered on the thought of her horse, proud Hittai, was the one thing which was hers, and who cared for her in return. Maén had had that small horse since the age of around nine, and while her brothers called Hittai a shadow of a horse, Maén had never grown out of her and needed a larger horse, they were alike. Maén knew however, that Hittai did not like to be around other horses she did not know.

Finding herself with nothing to do but wait for her companions Maén took from her satchel her old leather bound journal and a quill and began to write. It was some minutes later that she looked at the mass of words that she had scrawled upon the paper and figured that they made little sense, so it was only logical to discard them. This sort of thing had never happened to her before, her journal was the only place in her life where things could be perfect, and one of the few things she had power over. Maén read the paper which she had torn out of her book, it was comments on her companions, but the word where her script ended was beside the name Ferethor.

Now Ferethor was hiding something, she had suspected this from the first moments of seeing him, he and his companion Aelimur. Maén Il Galoth was usually a trusting individual, but there was something about these two which made her think twice about everything, or like there was a spider hanging over her head ready to drop upon her.

“Allright lass?” asked a voice, Roryn had sat opposite her. Maén rubbed her eyes and put the pieces of paper back into her journal.

“Somewhat.” She said with a slight laugh. “Actually im not sure what to do with myself.” She said truthfully.

Roryn smiled and then seriously looked her in the eye. “We will get him Lady, that you can be sure.” Maén nodded and stood up gathering her bag and at the same time tying her hair up so that it would not come out from below her cloak when they were in the upper circles of the city, the may be people she knew.

“Are you all ready to go?” she asked.

~My lord, Éomer~