Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield ***The 'Snowed' Inn ***

Snow lay deep over all of Edoras, covering the ground like a deep white moss undulating over rocks, hanging off the roofs like overgrown, bumpy puffball mushrooms, absorbing all the usual noises of the city's voices and cries and labour. It caught the gleams of the morning sun and sparkled so brightly that the city shimmered as if in dream. The snowflakes had fallen languishly overnight like so many whispered sighs in a lover's ear, but now the stillness was taunt with anticipation and expectation, the town ready to plunge into tumultuous play.

Slowly, one by one, children of all ages tip-toed out with broad grins of playful delight. Snowball fight! Snow halls! Snow Ainur! The laughter was giddy and heady...

OOC This is temporary "Inn" thread, for a bit of spontaneous, improvisational fun. There are no rules other than a request to respect all other gamers and the general tenor of Barrow Downs decorum. (Note, this means playful fun, not wild abandon or absolute mayhem. The Barrow Wight would never forgive me for that and not even dear old Dad could save me then from his wrath.)

This thread is for all members of the Barrow Downs, Shire gamers as well as Gondorian gamers, and even those who do not normally write role playing posts here at the Downs. There is no length requirement for posts but please do use correct English and try not to fall into the habit of unfulfilling short posts.

So, build orc defenses or snowwraiths, have fun, and keep all the activities plausibly within a Middle-earth realm. Shield boarding I suppose *might* be allowed, but no weapons of modern mass destruction, please. Eventually some Innkeeper might show up with mugs of steaming hot chocolate or spiced apple cider, perhaps shortbread cookies, chocolate dainties, even gingerbread. Enjoy.

Happy Holidays Downers,
Bęthberry

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:09 PM December 15, 2003: Message edited by: Bęthberry ]