Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2002, 02:15 AM   #11
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Andreth released her hold on the injured Elf, and ran up to Gandalf. Her heart was beating wildly.

"Gandalf, thank you for scattering those evil creatures with a fireball. But I clearly heard what one of them said. He cried so loudly, I couldn't miss it. And his words terrified me:

Quote:
'Look! A woman's run out to help the Elf. Maybe they're not so tough after all. And she'd do for our purposes. They wanted another one, they said at the Castle.'"
"That ugly creature, the tall one the others called Shagdug, said he wanted to seize me and take me to the Castle. What would they possibly want with me? And why are people being dragged to the Castle? None of this makes any sense."

Andreth sighed. It was just her luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time! She hoped these Orcs wouldn't come back looking for her to take her prisoner.

"And, there's something else. I wanted to discuss this with you before the attack. But then, everything happened and I couldn't."

"I'm sorry I yelled at Bird. She certainly isn't a brigand. She could have run away, but she didn't. She spent the whole time trying to protect the Ranger. My brother is training to be a Ranger. Anyone who would put themselves on the line like that could not be evil."

"But I still don't understand who or what she is. I clearly saw her change from an Ent to a woman. Who can do such a thing? I don't think she's bad, but I've never seen anything like it."

Andreth sighed and shook her head. She had certainly had an eyeful today: Orcs, an angry Elf, and a woman who was more than a woman!

[ December 08, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]