The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question Gimli's Portrayal in the Movies

I go through these posts here in the Movies, and I noticed something. First of all, that there are very few topics at all about Gimli. I found a grand total of five. Second of all, that most fangirls seem to take him as just sort of 'there' or totally ignore him.<P>I believe that Peter Jackson ended up just using Gimli as mostly comic relief in The Two Towers (ie: with Eomer, the box-thing). Worst of all, fangirls take this to heart and think of him as 'ugly' or 'unimportant.'<P>Gimli son of Gloin may not be a light-footed Elf, nor is he a 'cute hobbit with adorable big eyes,' or even a Man in all his... manliness. Nonetheless, he is still an important character, and a force to be reckoned with.<P>Personally, I think fangirls just can't abide that Gimli is so much manlier than Legolas. <P>What do all you other guys think?