The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2004, 11:40 AM   #1
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree More detail about Rotk EE scenes (spoilers!) New info post 9-14-04

This is from http://www.rotk-see.de.vu/ . I don't know how much is truth, but it's a nice thought. Decide for youself.

"The opening of the film is now much longer, Frodo and Sam now continue onto the crossroads where they find an old statue with it's head broken off. The head now lays at the foot of the statue with flowers growing around it. Also in this scene the title appears on screen as the shot comes panning down on the crossroads. It also later in the scene Gollum and Sam start to argue about Sam not trusting Gollum and about Frodo and Sam wanting to rest before continuing on. The next new scene was the new stuff added to tower of Saurman, Gandalf and company call for Saurman to come down, as Gandalf calls up to Saurman, Saurman is with that crystal ball and says something stirs in middleearth. Gandalf tells Saurman that if he comes down his life will sparred, Saurman says no and shoots fire at Gandalf. Theoden starts talking with Saurman, Saurman tells him that they were friends before and asks if they can be friends once again, Theoden tells him yes and once he says that all the characters that are there look Theoden in a confused way, probably because they can't believe Theoden said yes that they
can be friends again. Theoden tells him they can be friends once Saurman pays for those who died at helms deep. Then Wormtounge makes his appearance, King Theoden tells him that he forgives him and to come down and leave Saurman. Saurman in turn tells Theoden that it was Grima who is reponsible for his sons death. Grima says Saurman made him do it and Saurman says that Grima all ways does what he is told to do. He calls him a worm and slaps him. He then pulls his knife and gets up and cuts Saurman then pushes him off where he falls in the big wheel with spike.Wormtounge then takes the palantir which fell and throws is off the top of the tower, then the elf pulls an arrow and fires hitting wormtounge in the heart. Grima dies on the top of the tower. It is after all of that, Treebeard says the filth of Saurman is washing away and Pippin goes after the crystal ball. There is a drinking game with the men at edoras and Gimli and Legolas, I was told Gimli was the last one standing. There is a longer discussion with Gandalf in the golden hall with Aragorn and his friends. Gandalf tells how if the ring is destoryed Sauron will fall, but should he get it back he will achieve victory forever. The hobbit Merry also offers his sevice like Pippin did to Denethor, but Merry offers his service Theoden, there is a scene where Merry gets his sword and learn it belonged Theoden. There is also a new scene between Eowyn and Merry at a river where the riders stop for a while when they are riding to the white city. Pippin has alot of new scenes with Faramir, they talk about how it was for Faramir growing up with Denthor, Gandalf tells Pippin about the white tree. There are new scenes with Denethor and Faramir, one where Faramir explains to Denethor that he let Frodo go and Denethor becomes so angry he falls down. The battle for the white city is much longer, it includes the fight between Gandalf and the
witcking, my father said that the part where the rohan show up has been redone to allow them to show up just
as Gandalf is about to be killed by the witchking. After he breaks Gandalf's staff with that giant mace, the horns are heard which gets the witchking's attention and Gandalf and Pippin are able to escape on shadowfax. The paths of the dead has new scenes, the are scenes that show bones lying positons that make them look like bodies, Legolas talks how this a place of great evil. The paths of the dead now end with an avalanche as some skulls roll by and the ground begins to shake, Aragorn and Legolas and Gimli run out barely escaping. There is also a scene where they take over the black ships, it starts with Legolas saying he senses that dead have been summoned. Aragorn leads them to the river where the dead are unleashed on the black ships. Here is where are some cameos are, Legolas fights Peter Jackson, Richard Taylor is even in there. The houes of healing where Faramir and Eowyn fall in love has been put back, it is here where Aragorn takes on his destiny as king and Faramir is now the steward of Gondor. Faramir and Eowyn find each other and fall in love and get married. Mordor has scenes with Frodo and Sam marching with orcs, the orc calls them slugs, that word is heard in the regular version of the film, but you don't see who he is talking to. Frodo and Sam sneak away from the pack and choose to stop for the night and it is here where Frodo sees a star. That next morning they both decide to leave the orc armor behind. The character the mouth of Sauron is now in, he comes out and tells Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, that his master
Sauron bids them welcome. Aragorn tells his that they have a message for his master. Then the mouth of
sauron shows them the vest that Frodo wears. Aragorn tells him you shall speak for Sauron no more and gets
into a sword fight with him. Aragorn wins by slicing the mouth of Saruon's head. The battle at the gate has more fight scenes Gimli and Legolas and Eomer. The film has a small epilogue to start the finish. My dad didn't say what exactly it talked about but he did say you learn about Sam, Faramir and Eowyn and then Sam says I'm back. "

What do you guys think?

~Morquesse

Last edited by Morquesse; 09-14-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Morquesse is offline   Reply With Quote