Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2004, 01:30 PM   #19
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Silmaril Galhardir

Galhardir, Freyn and Rôg were now fully occupied with the Lossoth traders. Rôg did the talking while Galhardir just followed their conversation in the while standing in the background. He didn’t want to interfere in such business, as he knew nothing about them. Freyn was observing too, but shook hands twice with the Lossoth traders. The deal had already been made, so it didn't take long.

"Do you think there is anything...odd going on...?" Freyn suggested, as he came close up to Galhardir. "No, why would I think that?" Galhardir replied innocently. Shortly after answering Freyn’s question, Galhardir discovered how stupid he had been while answering; he should have known better after the most recent events. "Eh..I mean, what are you referring too?" Galhardir then asked anxiously.

"Seen anything that should make a man like you suspicious?" Galhardir continued then taking a deep breath. "No, not at all," Freyn answered quickly. "I was just thinking, that's all," Freyn then said, smiling. "I don't think you should worry, Freyn," Galhardir said sportingly. "I bet Rôg would have seen right through the Lossoth traders if there were something "odd" about them...." Galhardir then continued.

"Know what I mean?" he then asked, when Freyn didn't answer. "I suppose so," he muttered unwillingly.

Galhardir felt like he had behaved strange and unlike himself. He didn’t know why, and he didn't know how it had come to pass. But all of a sudden, he just felt that nothing mattered anymore. The death of Carandû had made a sudden change in him that no one could have foreseen, and it scared him a bit. He had become unconsiderate and rash, just over night. He pulled himself together, as he saw the barrels.

His forehead was already covered with sweat drops.

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-10-2004 at 03:23 PM.