The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! Changes that you weren't bothered by.

I'm sure we all have our list of things we would have liked to have seen different in the movies (some longer then others). But what about the ones that you weren't bothered by? If there are any.

Faramir taking the Ring to Osgiliath. This has been one that has been a big complaint to a lot of purists, but I don't see the big fiasco over it. Afterall Faramir did willingly let Frodo go, right? Also, after seeing TTT EE, you get a bigger understanding of Faramir. He did it to try to impress his father, but yet he still defied his father, and let Frodo go. I don't see the big deal whether he did it in Hennuth Annun or in Osgiliath, as long as he let Frodo go willingly.

Eomer saving the day instead of Erkenbrand. I realize this takes away from some of Eomer's fighting capabilities, he was a key fighter at Helm's Deep. However, I think the audience would non-readers would have been confused on who this person was, and how did he show up? I also think it makes for a great story that the recently expelled Marshall/Nephew, comes back and saves his uncle's butt.

The Ents being "tricked" into War. I think the deciding factor in both the books and movie, for the Ents going to War, were the cut down trees. In the book Treebeard knew about them before Merry and Pippin showed up, and Merry and Pippin "roused," the Ents. In the movie Treebeard didn't know about the cut down trees until Pippin led him there, and that's what roused the Ents. Either way, it was the Hobbits, and the cut down trees, that sent to Ents to war against Saruman.

Arwen saving the hobbits instead of Glorfindel
. I may get my head bashed in for this one...but, PJ has to incorporate Aragorn's soon to be wife in the story some how. If you have two full movies of Eowyn trying to "woo" Aragorn, then by the end of the last one all of a suddenly Aragorn marries this Elf lady, people would scrath their heads. You have to put Arwen in the movie somehow, besides the simple flashbacks. I wasn't too fond of her conjuring the flood, but I didn't mind her rescuing the hobbits and creating a little love tension.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote