The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots To the merriment

I think there's a place for this thread. It shall be somewhere we can all come to reminisce; to salute those times in Barrowdowns history which have made us laugh. Let us speak about those moments of comedy, and remind ourselves of a major reason why we give so much of our time to the forum.

One of my favourites is when Estelyn tried to chase a newcomer called pug of crydee all over the boards in an attempt to tell him that this isn't a chatroom. I don't think anyone else ever found out how the story resolved, but the exasperation emanating from the always-gentle words of Esty was highly apparent, and very funny to the lazy onlooker.

Or Saucepan Man's now famous self-provided image of himself involuntarily spitting a mouthful of coffee all over his computer screen when faced with a not-too-accurate description of himself in the How do you imagine other BDers thread. This was definitely a fall-out-of-your-seat-laughing moment.

My final example is what I consider the funniest post I have ever read: SamwiseGamgee's retelling of a fight to the death between a Warg and a Yeti which really kickstarted The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread. It is either a damning indictment of my work ethic, or a marvellous testament to the post, that my most vivid memory of second-year University was the disruption caused to a computer room full of students by my uncontrollable giggling at that wonderful tale.

Please share your merry memories of the Downs.

Peace.