The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Good eats at Mount Doom: Cafe and Bristo.

Its some what awkward to admit it (to the general public, though I wouldn't call y'all folks general, generally, or pe--...well, nevermind ) but one of my biggest, if not the strangest goals in life is to make a Lord of the Rings themed restaurant. At first, like all things, it started as a joke. A restaurant which would be ran by costumed waiters and waitresses-- preferibly orkish, for atmosphere, and the menu divided, not by what was on the plate, but, rather, what race was more likely to be eatting it.

So started the monstrosity that is "Mount Doom: Cafe and Bristo"

So, after all that introduction, the meaning of this thread? Alas, I know some of the downers disgust in them, but a discriptive list-thread is what I had in mind of some scarf-worthy (or scoff-worthy) dishes you might find were you to travel into Middle Earth. If you're like me and from Houston (or any other city with a LotRs based restaurant already), please don't post orders from the Hobbit Cafe that REALLY exisit like "a Frodo, thin... everything on the side with a large portion of carrots." (my favorite order, by the way.) This is all meant for giggles.

I'll get the ball rolling:

The Ribs of Moria A full rack of ribs, cooked to perfection with as much sauce as your gravy boats can hold, not that you'd need it! With the meat falling right off the bone and into your awaiting, slavering mouth. You're warned to be careful when eatting, however, the source of the meat is in question, but since we've started serving these the Moria orc populations has halved itself!

Last edited by Valesse; 09-06-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote