The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #18
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I wonder, do you think some people got confused and thought they weren't supposed to come till their assigned day?
Now as it stands so far, yes. I almost forgot this morning, then I remembered I was one who voted for the pre-game day...

Hopefully that more people know there was such a thing, maybe we can have some reading of the overall thread and some posting. Or not. Like I said before, it would be nice at least if people came by and read the thread so far. Just so that when their day comes up, they won't end up being in the wrong kind of dark, and end up surprising others with apparent pre-game knowledge. Overall, the latter might make a more interesting game and possibly save it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
To me, a loud person becomes a loud wolf, and a quiet person becomes a quiet wolf.
Since even the wolves don't know other wolves, the pre-game day is anyone's gambit and everyone's reference book. Same is true with specials and innocents, etc. So, I guess in a way there is some relief having the ambiguity so that individual styles and plays come forth when players post. Usually these things get lost when the wolves and specials know each other in their roles. There are big challenges with pre-game posts, but they are also in a way helpful at least for giving some material to work with.
We could have a whole bloody mess of ackward silence and fumbly voting if the trial days started off immediately.
This game will take longer now, but at least it will be worth playing.

Speaking of which, this will probably be my last for the night, since a wind storm is coming into my neck of the Pacific and the electricity has already fuzzed out once.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-14-2008 at 09:52 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote