The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Political posting

Not sure how it works where you live, but here in 'Merica, politics is all about who you know, and what you have to give to get what you want. "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine." For example, before the 'official' vote takes place on a bill, a lot of backstage horsetrading is done so that just the right outcome takes place in the light of day that maximizes the benefits...for those in charge (we taxpayers usually get what remains after the horses leave). A representative may need to vote against a particular bill due to the number of pitchfork and torch carriers in his district, but would rather vote yes as it's something like a sweet pay raise. So he may make a deal with the party boss that allows him to vote "nay" though only after the bill is sure to pass. In return, he owns the party boss some favor that gets cashed in at some point.

So what about you?

Did you ever, overtly or covertly, ask someone to post on one of your threads (or one of your favorites) just so that you could continue to post there? What did you have to give in return? Have you ever given rep to anyone who posted on one of your threads, hoping that they would come back Pavlovishly looking for more, and in doing so, inflate your thread's numbers? Have you ever schemed in the dark of night (an aside: dark of night doesn't work as well when written 'night dark,') with another member to 'work' a thread?

Though at this time I have no evidence - nor will I present any - but once a member had two nicks, and would have the most interesting conservations with himself/herself. Again, I have no proof, but the posting was just too 'in sync' to be posted by more than one brain.

And by the way, yes, the title of this thread was kind of a ruse to get you here.