The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #29
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
This thread reminds me (at least in some of the direction it has gone) of another that discussed how "real" people were behind their screennames - as in, how much they behaved as themselves rather than trying to be someone else.
With some people, it seems to me, the opposite happens: you can see more of someone's "true self", so to speak, then xe would reveal in RL. At least, that can be the case with the painfully shy and geeky types like... um... Mac, for instance. I wasn't, of course, referring to myself (remember, this may be a triple bluff...).

I have never repped under another name, nor have I ever attempted to avoid double-posting in any way (in fact, I take some pride in it). I have repped anonyomously...

As for fighting for reps, I used to have a bit of that mentality, but these days I'm actually kind of embarrassed by my place on the member list. There are so many people listed below me who deserve to be ranked higher, and I think my reputation has been padded by werewolf-related reps, which always feel a little ill-gotten to me. Perhaps posts in Books should be worth more points per rep? I hate to see more serious posters rated lower than a dabbler like myself.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote