The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2000, 07:21 PM   #1
Lady Eowyn
Haunting Spirit

Lady Eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Weapons

<BR>Ok, I just discussed this with red last night.<br> In the preview you saw Legolas wielding a sword (or maybe it was just a very looong Elven-knife )<br> And in the Vanity Fair Pictures Aragorn has a Bow.<br> <br> Now, how did they come up with that???<br> <br> I myself don't think so minor changes are gonna be too bad,<br> but I'm sure there are some people out there who think different. <br> Just wondering what you think about it... <p>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom</p>
Lady Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2000, 07:33 PM   #2
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I don't think it would be a bad thing for Legolas to have a sword. Lots of Elves had swords. Beleg Strongbow carried a sword around, even if he was more fond of his bow. And there are lots of battles where Aragorn could pick up and use a bow. Helm's Deep comes to mind. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000062>burrahob bit</A> at: 10/19/00 9:45:25 pm<br></i>
Old 10-20-2000, 04:42 AM   #3
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I, too, think it quite likely that Legolas carried a sword or long dagger. I'm sure he knew how to use one in any case. They son of a king is usually trained in many weapons, not just his favorite. Now, if Legolas starts running around with a shiled and a war hammer I might just get upset <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 10-20-2000, 06:46 AM   #4
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> The only downside is the missing logic in Legolas carrying a sword - why then did he only use a knife at Helm's Deep? There certainly would have been enough space once he killed an orc or two. <p><h6> They're making their last film - they say it's the best - we all helped make it - it's called <i> The Death of the West </i> </h6></p>
Sharkû is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:04 AM   #5
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn2002 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragorn2002
At Helms Deep, he only used his knife in close combat, otherwise he only use his bow.
________
PAXIL WITHDRAW

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Aragorn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote