The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2001, 06:05 PM   #1
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring What is the worst thing that could go wrong

<BR>My thoughts. Some can't wait for the movie to &quot;get here&quot;. Some don't want to go at all. What would be the worst scenario? <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 08:35 PM   #2
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> New Line could decide not to air The Two Towers and The Return of The King because Fellowship of the Ring was such a bomb.. Wouldnt that suck. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 07:52 AM   #3
Maglor68
Wight

Maglor68 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Worst thing ...l</b><br><br> I had something similar in mind ...<br> <br> What if after TT the only print of ROTK is misplaced before it can be duped for the theaters? <p></p>
Maglor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 10:32 AM   #4
Ring Lord Rules

Ring

<BR><br><br> Merchandising scares me... over exposure... Sauron Lunch Boxes and Balrog Happy Meals... <p></p>
Old 07-18-2001, 05:06 PM   #5
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Samwise of the shire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Too late dude, Burger King signed this thing with New Line and well lets just say that it has to do with finding cute little Frodo figures in the Big Kids Meal,That is a scary thought, my little sister comes home from Mcdonalds and there in her hand is a figurine of Pippin or the balrog, Yikes it's giving me nightmares *shudders*. But I dont want to see all these crappy scandlous things about the movies in those really cheesy mags you see in the store.Now that just gives me the shivers, I dont like people doing that, What do they know?And their always changing their ideas and stuff, oooooh it makes me mad.<br> Hey some good news, I saw the first LOTR movie T shirt!!and I thought it was cool, but it was a guys t shirt so, phhhhhpppphhhhtttt <br> Sammy <p> Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.</p>
Samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 07:25 PM   #6
SteadfastSam
Seeker of Light

SteadfastSam has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> If they turn this movie into feminist trash or anything bad or a horror movie I will hunt PJ down and [removed by moderator] him with a [removed by moderator]. <p>"I will, Lord." said Tuor.</p>
SteadfastSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 07:30 PM   #7
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Samwise of the shire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Whoa</b><br><br> Sam swears now I've seen everything <p> Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.</p>
Samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:58 AM   #8
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
The worsth Scenario is that due cash shortige they are not going to make Rotk
________
Medical marijuana strains

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 11:33 AM   #9
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

They already made RotK.<P>The worst case scenario would be to kill a character that doesn't die in the book. (This was done to La Beouf in True Grit). But, of course, that is not going to happen. I'm just saying, that's the worst that could happen. Could, but won't.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:08 PM   #10
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The worst case scenario would be to kill a character that doesn't die in the book.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Worst case scenario achieved. Someone dies in the movie that doesn't die in the book. Shall we tell those who do not know yet?...hmmmmmm...Nah, let 'em twist in the wind.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 11:17 PM   #11
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

If they had Aragorn kiss Eowyn! I would then hunt down PJ..... Or if somebody died before their time, or if they had somebody other than Eowyn and Merry fighting the witch king. That wouldn't be right. I'm sure there are more things, but I'll think of those later.<BR>Arwen
Old 11-08-2002, 04:33 PM   #12
nerddogs
Pile O'Bones

nerddogs has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Worst Thing: They end the movie when the ring is destoryed and leave out the looting of the Shire and cut where Bilbo and Frodo leave Middle Earth. Oh yeah and not put my favorite quote: "Well, I'm back.", for the very last line in the movie.<P>[ November 08, 2002: Message edited by: nerddogs ]<p>[ November 08, 2002: Message edited by: nerddogs ]
nerddogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 05:57 PM   #13
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have two worst-case senerios.<P>#1: They dicide to give ROTK an R-rating foe extreme violence and nudity.(Ok, I don't know where they could stick nudity into ROTK, but hey, it is a worst case senerio.<P>#2: Gollum takes of a mask and turns out to be Boromir. That would be screwed up.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:32 PM   #14
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Boots

The worst thing that could happen is that I will lose the cap to my water bottle and have to drink it all, then have to go to the bathroom really bad, finally get desperate and waste a good 15 minutes trying (and failing)to find it and miss all that time of a wonderful movie! (Which already happened to me once during Fellowship) (What can I say? I'm a hobbit: We're an optimistic lot!)<P>Cheer up, all of you! TTT is going to be wonderful!!! <p>[ November 08, 2002: Message edited by: Azaelia of Willowbottom ]
Old 11-08-2002, 08:30 PM   #15
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

#1 They cut out the Houses of Healing and make Eowyn look like an invincible person like in the cartoon RotK.<P>#2 Give Frodo a girl friend. <BR>Spoiler:<P>#3Have Frodo actually die from Shelob's bit.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The worst case scenario would be to kill a character that doesn't die in the book.<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P><BR>Worst case scenario achieved. Someone dies in the movie that doesn't die in the book. Shall we tell those who do not know yet?...hmmmmmm...Nah, let 'em twist in the wind. <BR>--------------------<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Goodness! I hope you only mean (possibly anyway)Saruman! (in TTT) <BR>See you later,<BR>~M
Old 11-09-2002, 12:30 PM   #16
Orodoliel
Haunting Spirit

Orodoliel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think the worst thing would be if the standard of the Movies suddenly went down after FotR. But that isn't likely to happen.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:20 PM   #17
Helkasir
Haunting Spirit

Helkasir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

the worst thing I could see happening is having sauron take physical form again.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:11 PM   #18
Dimaldaeon
Wight

Dimaldaeon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Dimaldaeon Send a message via AIM to Dimaldaeon
Sting

The worst thing would be if the replaced a really great character like Glorfindel with a crap character like Arwen. Oh wait they did that already.<P>I'll try again. The worst thing would be if they cut out a character that we all love like say Tom Bombadil. Oh waith they did that already.<P>Ok then the worst thing would be if they changed the plot greatly by say having Eowyn lead the Rohirrim women and children to Helms Deep. Oh wait they did that already aswell.<p>[ November 09, 2002: Message edited by: Dimaldaeon ]

You're not drunk if you can still hold onto a blade of grass to stop yourself from falling off the face of the Earth
Dimaldaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:24 PM   #19
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Dimaldaeon, a movie needs different ways of telling a story than a book. I mean, if you went to the movies and saw the exact same thing that the book was, you would be a little upset and disappionted.
Old 11-09-2002, 03:35 PM   #20
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Sting

I remember coming across a post in a thread that was really hilarious...it was a really, truly awful speculation on the terrible ways to butcher LotR for movie purposes. I can't remember if it was in Movies or Mayhem, or who posted it, or anything else! But I'm going to start looking for it and I'll post it here if I find it. But if you know what I'm talking about maybe you remember where it was and can find it faster.
Old 11-09-2002, 04:08 PM   #21
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

WHO DIES? WHO WHO WHO?????????? I'm not very good with cliffhangers.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:22 PM   #22
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Sting

Well I give up, I can't find it. Too bad, it would have been perfect in this thread. I can only remember that it somehow involved Aragorn having a fling with Eowyn while Arwen leads the Grey Company through the Paths of the Dead and defeats the Corsairs of Umbar, and after the War of the Ring Pippin opens a bar in Ithillien and Merry becomes an alcoholic. (There was lot more about the other characters, but I can't remember it.)<P>It might not have been as funny as I remembered it, but it really tickled my funny bone. It was total exaggeration.<P>Argh, I just cannnot stand vague memories. They drive me crazy.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #23
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooh, so many bad things that could happen (I'm speculating on these comfortably since judging by the first movie, we can be pretty sure that PJ won't actually *do* any of these).<P>- Eowyn insists on accompanying Aragorn on the Paths of the Dead.<P>- Arwen tells Aragorn that she doesn't mind having an open relationship.<P>- Arwen fights at Helm's Deep disguised as a man. (Way to steal Eowyn's thunder, there). <P>- A sister is invented for Faramir and Boromir so that Eomer can get married off to someone in the end (just to fulfill the comic-opera convention that everyone with a speaking part has to get paired off at the end). <P>- A kinder, gentler Denethor takes a loving farewell of the ill Faramir, sends the best doctors to attend him, then goes off to the tombs to incinerate himself in private and alone. <P>- Poor old Faramir is dropped from the storyline altogether (like in the ROTK cartoon) and Eowyn finds consolation with Gandalf. <P>- Merry and Pippin cower in fear and run away before the Witch-King and Denethor respectively, still the same laughable morons they were in FOTR.<P>- Gollum repents at the end and throws the Ring into the fire sans self, only to be tragically killed by hot lava a few moments later (well, really, even if he's redeemed you can't have Frodo bringing him home to Bag End, can you?)<P>- Legolas meets a She-Elf<P>- Gimli meets a female Dwarf (though it would resolve that longstanding question of whether or not women dwarves had beards).<P>And of course<P>- Frodo decides that he's OK, really, and stays in the Shire. The scene at the Grey Havens consists of the four hobbits waving goodbye to Gandalf and Galadriel.<p>[ November 09, 2002: Message edited by: Kalimac ]
Old 11-10-2002, 03:45 PM   #24
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think that the FotR turned out great and that the next two movies will be even better. However, just for fun I'd like to say what I think are the worst things that could happen.<P>1. After all this hype at how cool Gollum looks in the previews it turns out he looks totally unbelivable most of the time.<P>2. Faramir becomes another Boromir and Frodo and Sam must escape from him with Gollum before he takes the ring.<P>3. Dead hands reach out of the water in the dead marshes and try to drag Frodo and Sam down.<P>4. All of Sam and Gollum's "taters" conversation is cut out.<P>5. Eowyn stays home like a good little girl and never goes to battle.<P>6. Denethor turns out to be a kind loving father who would never go near fire.<BR> or<BR>7. Denethor does try to set Faramir and himself on fire and Pippin decides it's none of his buisness.<P>That's all I can think of for now...
Old 11-10-2002, 04:36 PM   #25
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Don't they have Saruman die in TTT? Or were they just considering it?<P>And, if they stuck sex and/or nudity, I think that Tolkien would rise from the grave and kill PJ himself, saving you guys the effort...<P>I thought one of the worst things so far was them taking Glorfindel out all together...well: and Tom Bombadil...
Old 11-10-2002, 04:45 PM   #26
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

White-Hand

I guess I wouldn't mind Saruman dying in TTT. Since they are omitting the Scouring of the Shire, there is nothing left for him to do in RotK. They would have to create a bunch of stuff for him to do before the destruction of the Ring, and I'd rather see him die prematurly than take up movie time doing stuff he never did. It'd kind of be like Arwen and all that she does, except that Saruman isn't as palatable to look upon. (And really, what they did with Arwen was substiution...for Saruman they would literally have to create scenarios for him from scratch).<P>I'd like the Scouring of the Shire to be in there, of course, but if it isn't going to be in there, Saruman shouldn't be in there either.<P>So now I guess the worst that could happen (or one of, that is) would be to waste time creating baddie stuff for Saruman to do in RotK. If they are going to kill him in TTT it better be something good...though nothing leaps to mind...<P>Hmm, maybe I should start a thread, "How would you kill Saruman if you had to do it differently than the book." What do you think? Would everyone just jump on me an scream "You shouldn't HAVE to change the book!"?
Old 11-10-2002, 11:57 PM   #27
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hmm, maybe I should start a thread, "How would you kill Saruman if you had to do it differently than the book." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Sounds like the makings of a good thread to me!!
Old 11-16-2002, 02:21 PM   #28
mp

Sting

The worst that could happen would that PJ would kill off Frodo and Sam, and an angry mob would come to his house, burn it down, and PJ refuses to release ROTK.