The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #441
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
1420!

Ah, competing reveals! No WW game is complete without them!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #442
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I am the Ranger.
Dun Dun Duuuunn!

Anyone else want to step forward as a putative Ranger?

Sally, we wear poppies at this time of year in remembrance of those who have given their lives for their country - see the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal.

Nice to see Nerwen sporting one too.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #443
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'll try to elaborate about my ruminations on McCaber, but there really wasn't much to it: I wasn't sure. He seemed like a very likely wolf, but I've read him wrongly before for his general low-key style. I thought about it quite a while, and was basically talking to myself in those posts. In the end, I thought he was a better shot than Roa at the time.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #444
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ah, competing reveals! No WW game is complete without them!
Indeed. And instead of being 99% certain of my opinion of Sally, I am entirely certain.
There it is. Believe who you will.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #445
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm here and reading. I'll post soon, but I don't have much time at all toDay...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #446
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, I'm here. Inzil as Ranger. Actually makes sense. I was thinking it was Pitchie, but noooo...

Roa: I didn't get my analysis done yesterDay, but I did find a lot suspicious in her posts. For example: her first post yesterDay said that she'd prepared a big posts yelling at Lari and then was surprised that Lari'd died.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #447
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Dun Dun Duuuunn!

Anyone else want to step forward as a putative Ranger?

Sally, we wear poppies at this time of year in remembrance of those who have given their lives for their country - see the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal.

Nice to see Nerwen sporting one too.
Ah, but I'm Australian. We have a Poppy Appeal too. (To tell the truth, it's news to me that Americans apparently don't.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'll try to elaborate about my ruminations on McCaber, but there really wasn't much to it: I wasn't sure. He seemed like a very likely wolf, but I've read him wrongly before for his general low-key style. I thought about it quite a while, and was basically talking to myself in those posts. In the end, I thought he was a better shot than Roa at the time.
Fair enough. I like your reveal better than Sally's anyway. What, really, is the point of a gifted doing a three-quarter reveal like that? None. But it gives a wolf the chance backtrack later.

EDIT:X'd with two Loslotes.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #448
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

List!

Sally: Suspicious. There's very little doubt in my mind that she's Were.

Roa: I'm nearly certain she's a wolf.

SPAM and Fea: Annoyingly unhelpful, but it is their role.

Nog: Probably innocent. In any case, I have much graver doubts about many others - I'm not going to look too closely at him toDay.

Nerwen: *see Nog*

Inzil: I'm willing to accept his reveal for now. Unless someone else comes forward, he's clear in my mind.

Brinn: My top candidate for Third Wolf. She pointed suspicion at me and Nerwen for no real reason. Her vote on Day Two could easily have been wolf-on-wolf, because it was a safe vote and there was no real support for that yet.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #449
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Well. I think I'll just go this route. I can retract later if necessary (ie: if somebody contradicts his reveal in a believable manner).

++Zil

*waves to lupine friends*
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #450
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Well. I think I'll just go this route. I can retract later if necessary (ie: if somebody contradicts his reveal in a believable manner).

++Zil

Easy to see where your loyalties lie.
We're actually closer to our goal than the wolves are, especially after Sally goes down. But whatever floats your lovesick boat...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #451
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

*refrains from killing Fea*

Right. We've lost Fea to the dark side. So, once again, let's not split the votes. If we get half the village voting Roa, and half voting Sally, and some voting someone else random, then the wolves can jump in and lynch an ordo. So,

++ Sally

So that there's no confusion. And I will not use my retractable unless it is proven, without a doubt, that she's not a wolf, or that someone else is.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #452
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Fea, Nogrod can say what he likes, but this is you.

EDIT:X'd with Loslote.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #453
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway–

++Sally.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #454
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Vote count:

Inzil - Sally
Nog - Sally
SPAM - Roa
Fea - Zil
Lottie - Sally
Nerwen - Sally

Like I said, I don't want anyone to be confused so that they vote wrongly, or to be able to claim they were confused and that's why they voted wrongly.

EDIT: xed with Nerwen, adding her vote.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #455
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Fea, Nogrod can say what he likes, but this is you.
Thank you!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #456
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Addendum:

Nerwen, clearly this shouldn't have come as a surprise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the link
Fëanor from The Silmarillion should probably qualify. He does some very despicable stuff but is so charismatic that most of his people, many of them otherwise fairly decent, follow him for a while.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #457
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, so Inziladun is the ranger. At least that looks like the case since I could hardly ever believe Sally's claim. Was that even supposed to be a reveal? I can't imagine why an ordo would even hint at being a ranger. More like a wolf making an attempt to wiggle out of the noose, if I ever saw one. And Sally, I know you haven't been around as much due to RL, but you can't use that to excuse yourself from suspicion. For one thing, it's not just about you being a submarine, but also your suspicious behaviour and voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
My top candidate for Third Wolf. She pointed suspicion at me and Nerwen for no real reason.
Um, since when did I suspect Nerwen? I recall saying I felt okay about her...

And I didn't call you suspicious yesterDay either. It's more like I put you on my "to watch" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea

++Zil

So I guess our lovers have chosen to help the wolves. This does not bode well for us, though I don't think we should despair just yet. I'm fairly confident Sally is one of our wolves, so we should be down another by deadline. And with some luck, I'm hoping toMorrow we'll still have three known innocents. As for the two other wolves, I think there's a good chance Roa is one as I'm still not buying her defense of yesterDay's actions which were downright suspicious. As for the final wolf, I'm still not sure. Either Nerwen, Nogrod, or Loslote, obviously.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #458
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And I know I've cut my votes too close in the past, so I'm going to vote now since I'm quite certain I won't be changing my mind:

++Sally
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #459
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Reading and responding and then voting:

Nogrod, I understand where you're coming from, believe me, but I was unable to vote for someone suspicious because I kept focusing on Fea and SPM. They aren't going to help us.

You know, SPM, I apologized. You're mockery now is just hurtful, and I expect a little better from a forum moderator.

Loslote: How is me being unable to make a post I wrote to someone suspicious? You may waste Nights twiddling your thumbs, but I like to go back through the previous Day and look for things. I knew I was going to be pressed for time, so I prepared a post in advance so I would be able to give my thoughts to the village despite being pressed for time. Part of that post was explaining to Lari why her theory on Hakon's dream was flawed. I don't see how being unable to use it after discovering Lari's death is suspicious. You keep pushing the idea that I'm a wolf, but all your reasons are extremely weak. I was convinced of your innocence yesterDay, but now it looks like you're trying awfully hard to save Sally from a lynching.

I buy Inzil's reveal, and in that light, Sally's hinting about the ranger makes her look even worse. Because while you, Loslote, think I'm a wolf, I know I'm not, so Sally voting for me looks like she was trying to make me the lynching instead of McCaber.

Fea: *restrains self* I really don't understand how people can think I'm a wolf for being mad at you.

EDIT: forgot to vote, I'll do it in the next post so as not to confuse the mods.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #460
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Sally

Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #461
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
*refrains from killing Fea*
And yet you think I'm a wolf for feeling the same way.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #462
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

You know, that fancy list Nerwen provided also compares me to:

Heath Ledger's Joker
Sauron
Jack Sparrow
Q from Star Trek
Iago
Richard III
Aaron the Moor
Alan Rickman's character in Die Hard
Ganandorf from The Legend of Zelda
Dracula

and

Billy Flynn from Chicago

*practices razzle-dazzle*
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #463
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I try to help the village out, and I get lynched for it. Every single time.

Catharsis:

++Saucie, for pointing out the already obvious hinting, which was intended to make me a conceivable Night kill and thus save the real ranger if necessary
++Dun, for revealing
++All the people who are voting me.

I've been of no use all game and wanted to actually do something to help, so I figured I could at least sacrifice myself in order to keep a more useful player alive. And now I'm being lynched for it? If this is the thanks I get I wanna be Saucie's mistress or something. Can I do that? Please, Mira? Nienna?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #464
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Sal, you could join the dark side and vote Zil.

I'll let you borrow some sequins...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #465
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Sally, if it is ok with Saucie you can be his mistress but you won't count as a lover... I'm also not sure Fea will allow it.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #466
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I've been of no use all game and wanted to actually do something to help, so I figured I could at least sacrifice myself in order to keep a more useful player alive. And now I'm being lynched for it?
Just because this made me giggle: how could you sacrifice yourself for another player without getting lynched?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #467
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Sally, if it is ok with Saucie you can be his mistress but you won't count as a lover... I'm also not sure Fea will allow it.
I will not allow it.

But I'll let you flirt with him, and you can borrow a shiny outfit for the song and dance number later on.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #468
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Also, I'm a little sad you don't want to be my mistress.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #469
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

With Sally down, it will be 2 wolves, 2 lovers, and 4 innocents. Then Inzil will be killed tonight. (Ranger revealed? Thank you for helping us catch Sally, Inzil, but you are most certainly a dead man walking.)

2 wolves, 2 lovers, 3 innocents, starting tomorrow. Do the odds of working with the wolves (who have yet to solicit you) look as good now, Lovers?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #470
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'll let you know at the opportune moment.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #471
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I've been of no use all game and wanted to actually do something to help, so I figured I could at least sacrifice myself in order to keep a more useful player alive. And now I'm being lynched for it? If this is the thanks I get I wanna be Saucie's mistress or something. Can I do that? Please, Mira? Nienna?
Sally, my original suspicions of you earlier had nothing to do with your quasi-reveal. I raised what I thought were some serious issues. You didn't address most of them, instead jumping to the ranger hints. If by some incredibly bad chance I'm wrong, I apologise. I don't believe I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
With Sally down, it will be 2 wolves, 2 lovers, and 4 innocents. Then Inzil will be killed tonight. (Ranger revealed? Thank you for helping us catch Sally, Inzil, but you are most certainly a dead man walking.
Oh, they'll get me, no doubt. Que sera, sera....
Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #472
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Sal, you could join the dark side and vote Zil.

I'll let you borrow some sequins...
I'll consider it. Not very seriously, 'cause I'm still on the side of good and not Fea () but I'll consider it. Especially now that there's sequins. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Yay!

Quote:
Just because this made me giggle: how could you sacrifice yourself for another player without getting lynched?
If I could trick the wolves into thinking I was the ranger they might kill me instead of someone who could be of more use, or even the real ranger. Of course now that idea's gone down the tubes; it was at least worth a shot though.

Quote:
I will not allow it.

But I'll let you flirt with him, and you can borrow a shiny outfit for the song and dance number later on.
Shiny!

Quote:
Also, I'm a little sad you don't want to be my mistress.
Sorry dear, I only like boys. Well, men, really, but that's not the point. But if you like....

Quote:
With Sally down, it will be 2 wolves, 2 lovers, and 4 innocents. Then Inzil will be killed tonight. (Ranger revealed? Thank you for helping us catch Sally, Inzil, but you are most certainly a dead man walking.)

2 wolves, 2 lovers, 3 innocents, starting tomorrow. Do the odds of working with the wolves (who have yet to solicit you) look as good now, Lovers?
No, with Sally down it's 3 wolves, 2 lovers, and 3 innocents. And then the village loses because Dun is done. Somehow I don't think Roa minds this, though.

Quote:
I'll let you know at the opportune moment.
Hmmmm....this makes me ponder things. Fea, that statement wasn't directed at me by chance, was it? *asks just in case*

Also, internet being a bit of a pain so I say screw trying to do an analysis; in the end I found Brinn rather suspicious because of her vote for Lottie (and a couple other things which escape my memory currently) so I certainly would agree to voting her, though I'd be up for Roa too. Really whatever gives us the best chance of catching a wolf.

*goes to catch up*
Old 11-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #473
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And if it was?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #474
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
And if it was?
Then I may or may not A: squee at the reference and B: go along with you.

Also, can the ranger self-protect? I'm guessing no because of the "Dun's done" discussion but I'm asking anyway. May help me make up my mind about something.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #475
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Sally, my original suspicions of you earlier had nothing to do with your quasi-reveal. I raised what I thought were some serious issues. You didn't address most of them, instead jumping to the ranger hints. If by some incredibly bad chance I'm wrong, I apologise. I don't believe I am.
I jumped to ranger hints because it looked like one way or another we might have a lynch go awry and I came up with a half-baked scheme in order to make an effort to help out. *shrugs* And apology will not be accepted....right now.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #476
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Brief Moddess Intervention

...in case people are too lazy to look at the rules:

The Ranger may self-protect.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #477
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*sees moddess announcement, blinks*

Well this makes things quite a lot better. Okay. I still like Roa for a wolf and possibly Brinn, followed by Nog (whoa, where did that come from?!). I'm willing to go for any of those. However, if you're all so bloody convinced that I couldn't be innocent I'd rather me die than Dun, because at least then there's a chance of survival. *shrugs* Dunno. I'd love to hear thoughts.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #478
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Roa

I can always retract if I need to. And where is everyone?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #479
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, Fea, I'd like to point out that the wolves don't have to take you up on your proposition. And technically surviving to the end only works if the innocents win, as the wolves can devour you in post. Just consider that.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #480
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
++Roa

I can always retract if I need to. And where is everyone?
Well, I'm here.