The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #1
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok. Huey strikes me as suspicious.

As Sally said easy first vote. But there's also Inzil's death now it could have been an easy no trace kill but not gonna lie, if I were in the wolf's shoes I'd had taken me(Morsul) out. I literally didn't post so there'd REALLY be nothing to go on.

Inzil also seemed to push on Boro a bit... worried about making a band wagon or just misdirection?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Unrelated...

Since when can we post pictures?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Picking a third party in this instance made him look better to several people, which is the opposite of a cobbler's job description.
Arguably true. My theory was that he wasn't sure which of the two candidates at that point mighy be a wolf, and lynching a wolf is really against the job description.

That does inspire the related thought that Wolf Sally wouldn't go out of her way to clear BoroMoon, which puts a big hole through my theory. I still find you suspicious.

Quote:
So yes, a Moonomir is a different beast entirely, and if Boro is our special fluffy friend, I'm giving him a pass, but after all, our goal is to rid ourselves of wolves, not....well, this guy.
Absolutely. BoroMoon as a theory is only worth following if we think it'll lead to a wolf. I was all ready to lay it aside until the Sally-Boro notion ocurred to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Ok. Huey strikes me as suspicious.

As Sally said easy first vote.
I'm guessing these two thoughts are connected? Yes, I did drop the first vote for RuneWolf - after also being the first person to find him suspicious, and pursuing those suspicions all day.

Quote:
But there's also Inzil's death now it could have been an easy no trace kill but not gonna lie, if I were in the wolf's shoes I'd had taken me(Morsul) out. I literally didn't post so there'd REALLY be nothing to go on.

Inzil also seemed to push on Boro a bit... worried about making a band wagon or just misdirection?
At this point I think we're at three or four theories on Zil's death:

-As a possible seer, which would either point at Boro (or me, I guess) as guilty, or at Pitch as innocent.

-As the person who secured Rune's death, making him the closest thing to a confirmed innocent around.

-As an untraceable kill, which would suggest one of the quiet people as the last wolf (or Pitch).

-As misdirection, which is probably a subcategory of the first.

Hmm.

I'm still suspicious of Sally, but Morsul's 'adopt and expand' reaction to Sally's semi-suspicion of me has uncomfortable resonances with Rune's behaviour at the beginning of Day One.

Pre-edit: not sure if Morsul's quoting of Rune in support makes this more or less suspect. Will think on it.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:37 PM   #4
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
That does inspire the related thought that Wolf Sally wouldn't go out of her way to clear BoroMoon, which puts a big hole through my theory.
No, she wouldn't, that's right. For both of them to be evil she'd have to be the cobbler and he the wolf, and having slept over it I'm no longer sure his behaviour made sense in that case. At the moment I'm more inclined to assume that Sally may actually be OK; not sure what that says about Boro.

Morsul
, would you mind clarifying this:
Quote:
Misdirection by whom? Zil? and about what?
Old 12-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #5
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
No, she wouldn't, that's right. For both of them to be evil she'd have to be the cobbler and he the wolf, and having slept over it I'm no longer sure his behaviour made sense in that case. At the moment I'm more inclined to assume that Sally may actually be OK; not sure what that says about Boro.

Morsul
, would you mind clarifying this:

Misdirection by whom? Zil? and about what?
I think I accidentally read his response to Rune as against Boro when it was neutral. As for misdirection I meant a wolf might want us looking at who Zil suspected.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #6
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Unrelated...

Since when can we post pictures?
You have to have a URL to link, but pictures have always worked. Use the fourth icon from the right in your formatting toolbar when making a post.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote