The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #361
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Scenario One: Double Lynch

Best case: Lynch one wolf and one innocent, thus ending the game (Total kill: two)
Worst case: Lynch two innocents, wolf kills one person tonight, lynch wolf tomorrow, game ends. (Total Kill: 4)

Scenario two: Single Lynch

Best case: Lynch wolf, game ends (Total kill: 1)
Worst case: Lynch Innocent, wolf kills onr, seer dreams, kill wolf in the morning (Total kill : 3)

No matter what happens the wolf cannot win. We can now choose to simply win, or to win by keeping as many villagers alive as possible. I think a bigger victory would be more satisfying than teaching Gil a lesson. (Besides, it is my experience, noin WW but in life, that those types are slow learners.)

I'm with Nogrod.

++Gil

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #362
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The difference between our strategies is that I'm determined that this game be over when the next narration is done. You're ready to face another night. I want to purge the final traitor of her fell spirit as soon as possible.

Her? Yes, that would be ++VALESSE.

There's an element of truth about Jenny and where she attacks, she is consistent with what I've seen of her style in her career so far. When I attacked her for her frustration, I was giving her baptism by fire. After all, I'd said something similar but a moment later.

But Valesse...her very silence, bearing in mind her articulacy, is unnerving.

Enca crossposted with her when they voted-so she did not knowingly jump to join a fellow-wolf's cause. It looked, besides, in that moment as though opinion was against Thinlomien.

She's played cautiously and carefully, she helped set up a bandwagon that might have saved the Ka thereby separating herself cunningly from Enca who indicted the Ka early, she was against the revealing even of the Seer.

This is the way I had to go, in the end. I'm only sorry it's so heavyhanded.

EDIT: Crossposted with another Gil vote...how tedious...

ANOTHER EDIT: Voted Gil by accident, thankfully it doesn't count...

Last edited by Anguirel; 03-07-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #363
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
well I've got to vote now...and I'm not sure whether a single or double vote is better, but if you want a double lynch, Ang, it's still possible.

++Gil-Galad

X-posted with Ang
Old 03-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #364
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think Roa makes sense. And I think Gil will get his lesson only by reading all we have said about him on this thread.

++GIL-GALAD

EDIT: xposted with Ang and Jenny
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #365
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ang, you're actually very convincing, but that's too late for that now, since Eonwe won't pop up.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #366
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
But Valesse...her very silence, bearing in mind her articulacy, is unnerving.

Enca crossposted with her when they voted-so she did not knowingly jump to join a fellow-wolf's cause. It looked, besides, in that moment as though opinion was against Thinlomien.

She's played cautiously and carefully, she helped set up a bandwagon that might have saved the Ka thereby separating herself cunningly from Enca who indicted the Ka early, she was against the revealing even of the Seer.
Well. You should have come up with this quite compact accusation a bit earlier... I also have noted the discrepancy between silence / baseless jumping and very articulate argumentation - and it is freaky! But then again, I think she was against this all-out-revelation - albeit she did not mention the seer though... could be suspicious that too?

I could be persuaded to vote for her someday, but that day is not now. Tomorrow, Elu willing, I'll do it happily if Roa has the last word on her. She's played well anyhow, compared to Gil, and in that case earns this last day of life she will have (after the game ends, we probably just kind of vanish in to the air...).

++ Gil-Galad
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #367
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Allotted is the bell-ringer to doom,
And Doom now calls us, summoned by his bell.
Night's touch, that welcomes weary traveller home,
Homeward will take one of our folk, I fear,
The home from which no journey does set forth,
While human neck in ruthless twine doth knot,
And if I do depart, recall my name-
Anguirel, he who wished to save his skin.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #368
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I wonder if Gil's going to vote at all...

EDIT: cross-posted with Ang
Old 03-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #369
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ang, what was it about leaving rhymes for minstrels? ...

Quote:
Oh, for the sake of honour, you varlets, stop all this versifying. I too shall now leave it to the minstrel. Really, poetry isn't made to spread like a plague, but if it does it can be just as deadly.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #370
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Times up, everythings done. Death shall be tomorrow (my tomorrow >_>) due to unavoidable reasons. Expect it at around noon GMT.
Was he a wolf?

This should tell you-

Seer, Ranger, Hunter and Wolf... PM me with what you want done.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #371
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well Ang and others.

I'll be watching over Roa this night.

(Hint for the wolf...)

X-posted with Sleepy
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:10 AM   #372
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Night drew closer, it became obvious that Gil-Galad would die. People believed that the same thing that happened with Encaitare would happen here as well but it didn't, as they prepared to kill him they all dropped asleep. But this time they weren't asleep, they were in a state of stasis. They could see and hear it all but do nothing about it. A dark cloud had vaporated around Gil-Galad and his skin slowly began to dissolve as he shook his arms around frantically in hopes of getting rid of it, screaming like a lunatic.

The few left alive watched helplessly as Gil-Galad was left there skinless after which the cloud began to dissolve his flesh ignorant of his cries of pain. A slow and painful death later, his bones dropped to the ground shattering upon hitting the ground, sending shards into the cheeks of all who had decieded to kill him, they had been marked. "It shall be over soon..." spake the voice of their host and they knew it was true.

Alive

JennyHallu(i) - The friendly neighborhood nutcase waving a doomsday sign around
Roa_Aoife(ii) - Babysitter, the blonde, large chested one that always runs upstairs when she should be running out of the house
Nogrod(ii) - Post-Structuralist musician
Thinlomien(ii) - Sculpter specialiazing in making nightmarish birds.
Anguirel - Herald at arms
Eonwe - Gold Miner
Valesse(i) - Poultry gender analysist

Dead

Sleepy Ranger (mod) - Impaled on a cupid's arrow with his head nearly cut off.
THE Ka (werewolf) - Moreish Pavlovian Psychologist - Had her legs cut off.
Littlemanpoet (innocent) - Traveling minstrel/bard - Had an eye gouged out and his hair ripped off.
Valier (innocent) - Cruel Duchess - Had her back snapped and wept tears of blood till death.
Witch_Queen (innocent) - Homeless guy - Died due to loss of too much blood through vomitting.
Holbytlass (seer) - Governess
Encaitare (werewolf) - a scientist who specializes in analyzing small pebbles and other silly things
Naria (innocent) - Butcher
Gil-Galad (innocent) - Bell Ringer
Old 03-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #373
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Blood... it was the first time there was blood anywhere other than in the fountain. Yes, blood had been spilled last night. The fountain seemed to be looking longingly at it but for some reason it could have none of it. Nobody had died that night but there lay a bloody sword by the small bit of blood spilled there, somebody had definately lost a lot of blood that night but nobody seemed the least bit injured.... and very alive. The Ranger had made the save. Somewhere in the distance the same guitar could be heard along with the words, "It will be over soon." And as always, they believed.

Alive

JennyHallu(i) - The friendly neighborhood nutcase waving a doomsday sign around
Roa_Aoife(ii) - Babysitter, the blonde, large chested one that always runs upstairs when she should be running out of the house
Nogrod(ii) - Post-Structuralist musician
Thinlomien(ii) - Sculpter specialiazing in making nightmarish birds.
Anguirel - Herald at arms
Eonwe - Gold Miner
Valesse(i) - Poultry gender analysist

Dead

Sleepy Ranger (mod) - Impaled on a cupid's arrow with his head nearly cut off.
THE Ka (werewolf) - Moreish Pavlovian Psychologist - Had her legs cut off.
Littlemanpoet (innocent) - Traveling minstrel/bard - Had an eye gouged out and his hair ripped off.
Valier (innocent) - Cruel Duchess - Had her back snapped and wept tears of blood till death.
Witch_Queen (innocent) - Homeless guy - Died due to loss of too much blood through vomitting.
Holbytlass (seer) - Governess
Encaitare (werewolf) - a scientist who specializes in analyzing small pebbles and other silly things
Naria (innocent) - Butcher
Gil-Galad (innocent) - Bell Ringer

---
Let us begin what looks to be the final day, good luck.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #374
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thank you for the save Nogrod. I dreamed last night of the last wolf, Jenny. Gil was right after all, and Valesse is innocent. So, I imagine no further discussion is required.

++Jenny_Hallu

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #375
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Well, well.

Should have rejected that second thought.

Surely something more finessed happened last night? Why would Jenny attack an undoubtedly protected Seer rather than a declared Ranger?

Prophetess of Doom, were you working on the off-chance that Nogrod had guarded Roa last night, your only, slim hope of victory?

Why did you declare yourself anyway, Nogrod?

Well, this is rather anticlimactic. Amusing that our gallant Gifteds have been the most enthusiatic lynchers of innocents.

++NOGROD

Caused the incredibly irritating single-lynch of Gil.

And I feel sorry for the underdog, er, underwolf.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #376
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
*wolvish grin*

Wasn't even a slim chance of victory...'twas a slim chance of drawing it out for another Night, when I could cheerfully munch on you.

Anyway, thought you would all like to know, THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!

And I, luckily, won't have to sit around and watch.

:P

As for your vote, Ang, I am in total agreement. Nogrod has simply got to go...silly man, doing his job when he ought to be helping me kill people.

++Nogrod

Knew I should have eaten him when he first got annoying.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #377
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Oh, and I'm glad you feel sorry for me...the cards were rather stacked against my kindred and I. Taking out Holby should have been a triumph.

EDIT: No offense, Roa...
Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #378
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Come now, Ang. Surely you are the one being most counterporductive here.

Lets wrap this up quick and easy like, shall we?

++JennyHallu
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #379
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Grr...

Vote for Nogrod or I'll bite.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #380
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I don't suppose there's any chance you could bite me, Jenny? I'm sure we could finish off those jokers together, what with my military experience and all...

Thanks for not devouring me by the way, damosel. Very decent of you.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #381
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril Cross posted

Indeed, Jenny, the house has stolen your money. With two seers, there was really no way for you to survive. It had to come down to this: a pool of a few to lynch systematically. The Ranger save last night only made matters worse.

However, congrats go out to you, for, though you never made it onto the 'Innocent' list, you were never very high on the 'Suspicious' list. Good job!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #382
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I kept thinking about it...and then you kept going off against other people for totally reasonable and totally wrong reasons...and I decided you were more useful alive. I was sure Roa was the seer, but didn't have a chance to kill her without looking bad. I fell for Naria's bluff...(grr...gnawed her innocent little boneses) and I had this sneaking suspicion Nogrod was gifted. I really should have eaten him earlier. I wondered for a while if he was the seer, but cast it off when he backed down. If he was going to go after a wolf, he needed a better reason, but I never felt quite safe killing him.

EDIT: x with Eonwe
Old 03-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #383
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Curious...who's the hunter?
Old 03-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #384
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Ah. Well, I hope I wasn't entirely useless. I did bag Encaitare after all. But I agree, my recent performances have been spectacular...

Actually, why need we lynch Jenny or anyone else? An oppressive culture of violence and blood has been forced on us from above.

There should always be another way. We can keep Jenny in an ironbound cage at night.

All those in favour of an agreement vote ++MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR (not a proper bolded vote because I've voted already, sadly...)
Old 03-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #385
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Yes! Yes! Love Jenny! Sweetest wolf ever!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #386
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

You'll have to promise to be a nice wolf, and not eat people, but I trust you'll do just fine.

It's not her fault! Be accepting! Welcome her back to society!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #387
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I will promise not to eat people if I am kept on a daily diet of flying squirrels and red herring. And I will let people pet me.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #388
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I have never survived to the end victoriously before.

Now that I have done so, I feel...guilt.

Ergo there is no way to come out of Werewolf emotionally satisfied...
Old 03-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #389
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I think this game should be unique in that one. Some failed experimentation with the rules, and a mod-hint (I don't think mods should give hints, but I have been assured the one Roa picked up on was unintentional. Freudian slip?) took a lot of the challenge out of finding us, I think.

Rehabilitate WolvsyHallu!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #390
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
We need to stretch this...

++Nogrod
This was on the admin thread (whether intentionally or not).

What is going on? No, Sleepy, we do not need to stretch this out! Anything but that!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #391
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I may be the doomed wolf (unless rehabilitated) but I agree...it is time for this to end.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #392
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Thinlomien's the Hunter, by the way, I'm practically certain. (My last opportunity to be wrong in some respect...)

Well, this Herald is happy to have survived, but from now on he's hanging up his sword and locking away his books of coats of arms, and will turn to what you must spotted is his obvious hobby, poetry...
Old 03-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #393
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehabilitatedWolf
Curious...who's the hunter?
That would be me...though I make a pretty sad Hunter. *whispers* I didn't send in my kill Two nights in a row.

Ang, don't take full credit for Enca. I was right behind you, only forgot to vote both nights as well. My spring break schedule, as you can imagine has been pretty hectic.

Sorry Ang...
Old 03-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #394
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
This was on the admin thread (whether intentionally or not).

What is going on? No, Sleepy, we do not need to stretch this out! Anything but that!
It was meant as a joke >_>
Old 03-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #395
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Sorry. Allow me to hang my head...

Perfect. I was wrong about Thinlomien too...you schemer, Eonwe!

EONWE: Yep, everyone should reveal their roles.

VOICE INSIDE EONWE'S HEAD: So why aren't you revealing yours?

EONWE: Why, so that no one else will reveal it, of course...

Most cunning.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #396
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Yeah, I didn't think Lommy was the hunter...too flip-floppy, as the hunter she'd be playing more carefully. I was 70% sure the hunter was you, Ang...but Eonwe and Valesse were my next choices. I was pretty sure Naria was the Ranger, and then when she bluffed...Gah!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #397
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Ha ha! The thing was, I didn't want to come out until the seer came out, as she had the largest pool of innocents. If I did, I would have stuck out like a sore thumb. As it was, I could only get on after Roa came out and the day ended, so I never got a chance.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #398
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Shall I just put up the end and get this over with or would you like to wait till tomorrow?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #399
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

If you put up the end now, it's a double lynch. At least wait until the rest of the innocents have checked in. Maybe someone else will support my rehabilitation!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #400
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Unless, of course, my friends the lunchme--I mean villagers, sorry Ang...old habits--prefer otherwise.