User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2003, 02:07 PM   #401
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Giving her hair a last precautionary smooth over, Vanwe stepped onto the verandah of the inn and peeked warily through the door. Her journey northwards had been littered with lessons of what could come from stepping carelessly into an inn. There came to her hearing the buzz of many voices and laughter, a tapestry of sound that seemed at ease. Her shoulders relaxed somewhat beneath her thin cloak and she took her first step into the Green Dragon on small and light feet.

Vanwe stood by the door, wide eyes carefully inspecting the common-room. No uniformed soldiers, which was a good sign. Her hand rose to hover by the hood of her cloak as she completed her review. Her other hand fingered the meagre coppers that remained guarded in the pouch that hung from her belt. She nibbled a full lower lip as she considered, her decision evident when she pushed her hood back and unlatched the clasp at her throat. She turned to review the system of coat pgs by the door which inhabited the wall behind her.

Just in case she was mistaken, Vanwe selected a peg that would enable her to quickly grab her cloak should she need to leave at speed. The road from Khand had been an adventure for the young elven maiden that had offered her more than a few lessons in life. It was not to be wondered at, given her mother and father, however it had taken her by surprise. Vanwe had encountered more than a few inns. Mostly, their kitchens where she would work, sometimes the commonroom when she could afford a proper meal, and the stables as beds and rooms were beyond her purse. But also, Vanwe had learnt how important it can be to make a quick escape when a soldier saw her mother in her young face or a fellow traveller looked hard enough to realise that she was too young to be on the road alone. That invariably brought her more attention than Vanwe was accustomed to, particularly in the southern realms where her mother had been particularly infamous.

Vanwe was simply clad. She had little protection against the elements in the plain periwinkle dress she wore. Her cloak was the difference between a bearable night spent under a hedge and a miserable one. Her cloak safely stowed, she turned back to the room and searched out a table. Careful to keep her gaze averted until she had more time to examine the inn's guests, Vanwe found tables and chairs were at a premium.

People gathered in clusters that she wove through, walking through fragments of their tales as she passed until at last she came to the counter. Behind it worked a very capable woman whose face held no ire in it. Given the poor state of Vanwe's finances, it boded well. Perhaps she would see if there was something she could do a little later, once she was sure.

For now, Vanwe dug into her purse and withdrew a copper that she fingered. One wide blue eye on the innkeeper and another on the room, she waited patiently for a chance to attract the innkeeper's attention. As the woman moved along the bar in her direction, Vanwe leant forward. A fall of pale blonde hair fell over her shoulder and onto the bar counter, which she hastily tucked back behind her ear.

"Excuse me, good Lady Innkeep. Might I trouble you for a glass of watered wine, please?" Vanwe held her copper forward, for she had found that sometimes innkeepers took one look at her and doubted her limited means extended even to watered wine. With a polite, hopeful smile, Vanwe made sure the innkeeper could see she was not entirely insolvent.

As she waited, Vanwe ran through her plan. It was a vague plan, but it was the best she could come up with knowing so little about the way of the world. First the wine, then a chair, then perhaps see if she could offer her services. When she had a few more coppers, then she could continue her search for her mother and her father's grave. Problem was, coppers went so quickly. Especially when the roads were so empty and she was alone with only a belt knife and what little she had learnt in the small village in Khand.

Vanwe was tired of sleeping in trees and running from bandits who kept possession of her coppers. She was also tired of soldiers mistaking her for her mother, but they possibly could give her clues. So that meant she had to go to inns where soldiers sometimes gathered. It was her only way of learning of the emerald eyed elven woman of Finarfin's House without venturing into garrisons. A vague plan, a belt knife and 3 coppers. It wasn't much, but it all Vanwe had. Hopefully, she could add a glass of watered wine to that tally and at least warm herself.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Elora ]

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Elora ]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 04-29-2003, 02:22 PM   #402
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai was genuinely surprised. How had the lady Aman known that she was of the Beornings? Aman had said that she had never met Beorn, and there certainly wasn't a great number of Nahai's kind running around. Nahai herself had only met three other Beornings; her mother, father, and uncle. Did this mean that she was not as alone as she thought?

She looked at Morwyn. She and the new inkeep had a common homeland, Rohan. Nahai wasn't sure if Morwyn looked glad to see someone from her old home, or if it made her sad. Perhaps both.

Finally she turned to Annalalaith. The elf's flute sang gleefully, showering the air with it's silvery rain of music. Annalalaith... Nahai struggled to recall the elvish lessons Celecu had tried to give her. Anna..Lalaith.. 'Gift of Laughter'? That sounded about right. It was a good name, and it suited her well. The elf's song ended, and she laughed as she put down the instrument. The name suited her very well.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #403
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Amanaduial tilted her head to one side as the copper was offered to her. The woman on the other side of the bar gave an anxious, hopeful smile in return, and brushed a strand of heair behind her ear nervously, then placed the coin on the bar between them.

"Watered wine, please." She repeated, even more politely, her voice quiet. This was a woman who was evidently used to being turned down.

Aman pushed the coin back over the bar. The woman's face immediately fell, and she took her coin and turned to go. Aman leant over and caught her shoulder. At this she spun around, as if thinking she would be caught. "No, nothing like that!" Aman laughed, quick to explain. "No, not that either. Drinks are on the house, have been all day."

"Free?" The woman inquired quietly, as if not sure of the word. Aman laughed again and nodded.

"Aye. Tis my first day of work- the Innkeeper Pio left earlier today after the birth of her twins, and I'm standing in. Can I get you anything? Not watered wine," She added hastily. "How about a cider? Or a pint? Anything you wish, and it is free, honestly."

The woman here regarded her with a look of suspicion, as if she was about to turn around and renounce it all. Then, slowly, she smiled back. "Well...well then, can I have a wine. White, please."

Aman smiled and got the requested beverage. She gave it to the woman, then offered her hand. "Shall we start again? Aman, not an ogerish innkeeper, not about to turn you out, and quite ready to give you a room for the night."

The elf smiled bashfully and took her hand. "My name is Vanwe." She replied.

As she did so, another came in. Aman caught her out of the corner of her eye and smiled to see another newcomer. She inclined her head to a hobbit who was near the newcomer and nodded at his inquiring look. The woman saw the hobbit now and walked up to him, a small, polite smile on her face.

"Hello, I'm new around here and I was wondering if you by chance new where the innkeeper was." Aman picked up the words from across the room, quiet as they were. The hobbit smiled, and obligingly pointed in the direction of Aman, and said a few words Aman didnt quite catch. The newcomer looked over, caught Aman's eye, then nodded to and thanked the hobbit, before beginning to make her way over.

"A friend of yours?" Vanwe inquired, getting a little bolder now she was grasping that she was welcome.

"Nay, few around her would be. I am from Rohan, a pretty distance from this neck of the woods. Where is it you hail from?"
Old 04-29-2003, 06:21 PM   #404
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

"Thank you" Iris said. She headed over to where the hobbit had said the innkeeper was. Rember the innkeeper's name is Aman she reminded herself.
"Hello, I'm Iris Brockhouse. I just arrived from Bree and I'm quite tired. Would I by any chance be able to get a room." Iris said nevously.
"Yes certinly" Aman said in a cherry voice that made her feal better. Yes I will come back down after a bath she thought.
"Your room will be ready soon".
"Thank you".

Iris walked over to a hobbit.
"Hello my name is Iris."
"Hullo I'm Moonflower,"Iris looked around. THere were so many people here. Everyone seemed so friendly. It wasn't like back home where there were al those big folk.
"Are you from the Shire" Iris asked timidly. She wasn't good at making friends.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #405
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Vanwe's shoulders slowly unknitted as she found the friendly welcome of Aman given to her as freely as the wine. Truly, the young woman was astonished. Never had such a thing, free refreshments for whomever asked, she encountered. She held her glass of white wine, unwatered being a further marvel, and examined it as though she was half expecting it to all vanish in a puff of smoke. When it proved amenable to remaining solid in her grip, Vanwe sipped at it and ventured her question of Aman.

Her surprise at her own boldness was in the slight widening of her eyes as the words tumbled out. Only one sip of unwatered wine and such a question! Vanwe studied Aman and saw no reproach in her face. She easily replied, the musical name of Rohan falling easily into the conversation. Again, Vanwe's eyes widened, but it was not surprise at her forwardness. She fingered the stem of her glass in a brief and fleeting habit that led her to drum her fingers when thinking quickly.

A simple question, she reasoned, with no harm meant by it. Yet Aman was from Rohan and in Rohan Vanwe knew her mother remained wanted for crimes too henious to be credited. Indeed, most had passed into legend and been attributed to some demon rather the woman who had abandoned Vanwe at the age of 4. Aman's brow lightly furrowed at the slight delay in Vanwe's response, and she rushed to fill the breach.

"I come from Khand, A- Aman," Vanwe stumbled, unsure of the proper title and not wishing to make herself more unusual in doing so. "Surely it is different to Rohan, but such is my home." Aman absorbed the clumsy reply. Vanwe raised her glass. "And neither in Khand, nor Rohan, nor at any place upon the road I have travelled along have I encountered such generosity! My thanks, Aman!" Youthful exuberance lit her face as she smiled disarmingly.

Again she sipped at the wine, more moderately so as not to completely befuddle her wits. But Vanwe's thoughts were filled with a voice that sounded a lot like the Village Elder from her erstwhile home in Khand. The voice was not a happy one. Khand and Rohan had never been easy allies. She may have soured any chance of a roof or a meal with blurting out that. Worse, the puzzle of an obviously elven woman hailing from a village in Khand was bound to be curious at the least for anyone that may see fit to listen.

"Khand? A long journey to make no mistake, Vanwe!" came Aman's reply. Vanwe could not be sure if it was surprise, doubt or something else that she heard in Aman's voice. She had always found it a little difficult to properly understand the Edain, and the fact that the people she tried to understand were foreign to her experience did not make it any easier. Vanwe bobbed a curtsy, a habit she had learnt when something or another she had or had neglected to do earnt the displeasure of the Elders. The movement, smooth and elven in character by her very heritage, emphasised further the oddity of an elf, from Khand.

Whilst Vanwe made awkwardness seem like an art form, a hobbit passed her by in search of a table. Hobbits, where Vanwe hailed from, were rarities and she was still trying to school herself from fascinated and delighted study of hobbits when she encountered them now. Hobbits were none to fond of strange elves staring at them as a general rule. She smiled at Iris as the hobbit passed her by and looked back to Aman.

"Yes, a very long way, but I am glad to come to this place. Perhaps, when it is a little quieter and I would be delaying you, I could speak further with you?" Two sips of wine and the easy manner of Aman had thoroughly disarmed Vanwe. She had the presence of mind to gawk inwardly at her boldness. Aman gracefully smiled, "Of course you may, Vanwe." Vanwe, having pressed her luck far harder than it had ever proved wise to do so since leaving Khand, gratefully bobbed again and turned back to the crowd with her glass in hand.

The bright music had ended, a marvel in sound most unlike the music she was accustomed to. In fact, everything was not like what she was accustomed to. Vanwe carefully made her way to a vacant chair and folded herself into it. Setting her glass of precious free wine on the table, she withdrew from the small pouch at her belt a piece of folded paper and a pencil, another new thing she had discovered.

As ever, she guiltily glanced around as she brought the pencil out. She had "found" it after a particularly noisy barroom melee and was waiting for it's owner to pop up again. Such things a pencils were surely not common. When noone shouted a challenge to her ownership, Vanwe the pencil thief, review what she had written on the now unfolded paper. When she spoke again to Aman, she wanted to be sure to use her opportunity well.

In the congenial blur of noise, Vanwe was soon marking down additional notes to the ones made along the road. Relaxing, she no longer heeded protecting the top of the page where she had made a heading. The name of Naiore Dannan, Lady of the Swan and Terror of Mordor, was clearly marked in her flowing handwriting. No matter what, at least she owned her mother's name. Now she could perhaps learn more of the woman. Maybe she could even learn enough to find her, or her father.

Slowly, Vanwe drained her glass as she wrote and read and amended. She had a list, of what she knew, what she needed to know, and it looked possible that she might be able to add to the former and cross something out of the latter. Her face relaxed into a smile that had been all too rare in recent days as she warmed in her chair.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 04-30-2003, 07:10 AM   #406
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+NOTICE*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

See the Hunt for the Dragon discussion thread. Come chase after a live cold-drake who has been kidnapping helpless Dwarves and Elves.

Wonderful opportunity for posters to play a dwarf or a male human. Do your profile and first post and give it a try. Game runs for about 2 months.

Also, a rare opportunity to play a female dwarf masquerading as a male.

Cami Goodchild, Shire Moderator

[ April 30, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 04-30-2003, 11:42 AM   #407
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Annalaliath looked at Nashi and smiled, " My father gave me this name." She looked at the Breoring, " do you winder why?" looking at her, Annalaliath looked at them and started in again...

"Many see elves as beautiful and full of grace. My father was usually very graceful, but this time he wasn't. He was coming down the steps from their home in the trees and missed a step. He fell the rest and when he reached the bottom he got up brushed himself off and kept walking. Until he was behind a tree beside her and then he started laugh. Of course he didn't know she was there, until she started to snort and laugh. He was embarrassed to no end.
I laughed till tears at this." she looked at Nashi and Morwen and started to laugh at the memory snorting in the same way that she had done so long ago, when she earned her name....

" Now you know, and if you want to understand I was still a very young child. But my father falling down the stairs like that was just hilarious."
Old 04-30-2003, 12:23 PM   #408
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nahai laughed as Annalalaith finished her tale. She tried to picture an elf, a race that seemed to float as they walked, falling down a flight of stairs onto his face. It proved to be quite an amusing image. She could almost hear Annalalaith's silvery laughter echoing through the trees at her father's slip.

"Aye, I can see why he chose to name you Gift of Laughter." Nahai said. "Elven names are truly beautiful. I can understand very little elvish, but it sounds so magical. I'm always afraid to speak it because my clumsy tongue would ruin it!" She thought of the language of the Beornings, a strange tongue that sounded like animal noises turned into talk. Elvish was the sound of silver bells, and Beorning was that of rocks hitting an iron pail.

Elven names always had beautiful meanings, too. Annalalaith: Gift of Laughter. Celecu: Silver Bow. Morwyn: Dark Maiden. She didn't think 'Nahai' meant anything. It was probably just a pretty word someone thought up when she was born. Something that both bears and men could pronounce. Maybe someday she would pick an elven nickname for herself. Something beautiful and flowing.

"What are you doing so far from an elf city?" Nahai asked Annalalaith suddenly. "I don't mean to pry," she added quickly, and somewhat apologetically. She wanted to know her story.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:19 PM   #409
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn listened to Annalalaith's tale too, her laughter rising to the surface again as she pictured the elf and her father dissolving into giggles together.

"The elvish languages are lovely." she said with a smile. "My mother was from Gondor, her name was Finduinan, which means long flowing hair." She smiled fondly at the memory of her mother, whose lovely hair she had not inherited.

"Where is your mother now?" asked Annalalaith. Nahai winced at the question, but Morwyn was unfazed. "She died. She wasn't a young woman when I was born. She died when I was a teenager." Annalalaith looked sober. Morwyn briefly wondered what the elves thought of mortality, but the thought was passing.

"Come now!" she scolded the elf, "our 'Gift-of-Laughter' can't be sad..." She tipped her head to the side and smiled at Annalalaith, whose eyes twinkled mischievously.

Nahai looked between the two of them, a grin spreading over her face. Morwyn glanced up at her, her grin becoming wicked. "Anyone feel like mischief tonight?"
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:46 PM   #410
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

He couldn't sleep. Talômi went downstairs and took a seat in the common room, tracing the rim of his glass of water with a finger. His dark hair was tousled, and light rings were around his eyes from his lack of sleep. He just couldn't relax enough. Maybe a few songs would help him.

He saw several new faces in the Inn, new even since he had gone upstairs. Two young Elven maidens, one talking with Aman, the new innkeeper. People moved like a river through this place. It was altogether possible that Rie had left.

He leaned back and ran a hand through his hair. Somehow he didn't think that that was the case. From what the young hobbit lass and Nurumaiel had said, he strongly suspected that his sister was still here. It was only a matter of time before he found her, and they could settle things.

A few minutes passed, and the low hum of talk continued in the room. The lights were a little dimmer than they were during the day, giving it a comforting atmosphere. Talômi looked up at the staircase, and smiled.

"Hello," he said in a soft voice. "It's been a long time."

Rie smoothed her green skirts, though she didn't need to. She returned her brother's smile, though hers was more shy. "I know," she said, taking a hesitant step forwards. She rubbed her neck again, and her eyes drifted to the floor. She couldn't face Talômi yet. Why had she done this now? It was such a mistake.

"Care to take a seat?" Talômi asked, pushing a chair out for her. She smiled again and went over to sit.

He was just like she remembered. His gentle voice, his sparkling eyes, his strong features, just like her father's. His messy hair that would never sit right no matter what their mother did to it. His large, calloused hands, and the little scar right below his elbow from that time he had fallen off an old wall that she had decided to climb on. "I missed you," she said quietly.

"Did you?" She looked up, and saw Talômi's eyes sparkling in an altogether different way. He was angry, and hurt. "You didn't seem too eager to see me."

"I was afraid it would be like this," Rie said tensely. "I don't want you to be angry at me. I didn't leave because of you. I didn't--"

"You didn't even tell me," Talômi said, his voice tight. "You didn't give me any hints. I didn't know where you'd gone. Mother thinks you're dead."

"I didn't think I was going to go through with it until I left," Rie protested. "I'm sorry, Talômi. I never meant to hurt you," she added, in a whisper.

Talômi's face relaxed, and he smiled. It was the smile that she remembered. He put his left hand over Rie's right. "And I don't mean to hurt you, Rie. I didn't come here to take you away. I came here so that you could take me back. I want to stay here with you, if that's what you want to do. Stay, I mean."

Rie's green eyes widened. "I thought you wanted to bring me back home, just when I'd found somewhere I belonged."

Talômi laughed, but he sounded offended. "You really thought that? How could you think that? Rie, I'd never do that without your consent. Not that I could. Honestly, I thought you knew me...both of us...better than that."

Rie laughed with him, though hers was held no more mirth. She was ashamed at having misjudged her brother like that. A tear slid down her cheek, and Talômi reached over the table to catch it with his finger. "Don't cry," he said. "Forgive and forget. I told Mother and Father that if I found you, I'd send them a letter. I'm going to stay with you, Rie. I think I'll like it here."

Rie rubbed her face with her hands. "Forgive and forget," she echoed. She looked up, and Talômi was smiling--really smiling, like he was happy--and she leaned over the table to embrace him, not noticing the water that she spilled. "I missed you," she whispered into his shoulder.

He did not respond, but let her cry for a little while. The whole fiasco was finally over.

[ April 30, 2003: Message edited by: Orual ]
Old 04-30-2003, 02:06 PM   #411
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Annalaliath looked at Nahai, " I am serching for any sign of my parents." she said. Annalaliath wondered if the truth behind her convictions could be seen in her eyes, but all the same she was looking for signs of her parents.

She looked twards her new found compnaions wondering if they trused her and if they could be trusted. Then remembering Morwen she said, " We have both lost parents. But in the way of Elves and mortality, we know a bit about it but not in the ways of sickness. Some more than most." She sighed and looked down to the bord.

" But let us put away such dark things and cast some light onto our hearts." she looked up as she said this and noticed a new face amoung all the others (cerinel) and motions her to come join them.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:02 PM   #412
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Vanwe was absorbed in her work and had lapsed in her characteristic cataloging of all who normally entered a room. She found her glass was empty, it dawned upon her how much time had passed and she oblivious to it. Her head bounced up and she swept the room. Again, no uniformed coats. The table where the three women chatted merrily was familiar. New guests had arrived that she had not noticed. She would not get very much further if she failed to be alert.

She set her pencil down as she looked about, her eyes snagging on a table where two such guests now sat. A man and a woman, who shared a bond that she could sense from the other side of the room. It was in how they sat, their faces as they looked at each other, their smiles that flitted over their expressions. It looked to be one of comfort. To Vanwe it looked rather nice and idly wound strands of blonde hair around her fingers as she watched on.

Perhaps belatedly it occured to the young elf that staring at people she did not know in a commonroom was perhaps not a wise thing to do. She reluctantly dropped her gaze back to her paper. The questions column was too long for her to be happy with. Where had her mother last been sighted? The possible answers had been entered and scratched out already. Some had Harad. Some pointed her to Dol Amroth. A trail of place names that lead across Gondor and through Rohan, weaving northwards. Noone had been able to venture a possibility when she asked of her father though. That was blank.

Vanwe folded the paper and stowed it back into her pouch along with her appropriated pencil and looked around the room again. This was a nice place. It was nicer than many of the places she had been. If she started asking questions now about the Terror of Mordor, she'd promptly be tossed out. People did not like to discuss Naiore Dannan under any circumstances. She looked back to the table where the man and woman sat. Were they related, she wondered. It must be nice to have family.

Her decision made, Vanwe got to her feet with her empty glass and returned to the bar and Mistress Aman. She had a ready smile prepared for the innkeeper when Aman looked in her direction. "May I have more wine, please Aman? It is so crisp and refreshing." Beside her, patrons were discussing a cold-drake in the north preying on hapless Elves and Dwarves. Yes, she liked where she was very much for the time being. It was much better than a hedge, or a cold-drake. Her questions could keep a little longer.

OOC: Aman, I am hesitant to write dialogue for your character as in my experience I need to be more familiar with their lexicon and rhythm of speaking as well as their character to do it proper justice. You seem more than adept with writing Vanwe's dialogue though, so please don't think I object to you including it. I will delay a little further before including Aman's replies until I have a proper grasp of her "style". I say this lest it be seen as reluctance to interact. I am doing what I can to not step on toes or overtly intrude [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 06:23 PM   #413
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daethaur had heard many things in only a few hours. There were many tales being told and plans being made; A dragon was burning some distant land in the East(near Helcar, from the sound of it), The Naugrim were planning an expedition to a place called Dwimorberg, and there were rumors of a Seer in the far south. Not to mention whispers about a Dark Lord(not Melkor, he was now sure) and the mention of a distant land called Khand.

He had many questions, and there was sure to be someone knowledgable here, of all places. So Daethaur rose from his chair and walked to the table with the three female Moriquendi. "Can you tell me what year, or month, or Age it is, and what is going on in the world?", he asked the one called Nahai.

(OOC: Please excuse my character's First Age wording, he's been hiding under a mountain for ten thousand years)
Old 04-30-2003, 06:42 PM   #414
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nuru's eyes fluttered open as she heard a soft knock on the door. Groaning, she slithered forward, trying to get her head under her pillow. The knock sounded again, and she sat up, her eyes flashing angrily. "I'll show Don not to wake me up in the middle of the night," she muttered dangerously, advancing silently forward. Turning the key in the lock, she flung open the door and glared angrily at the hobbit before her. "Well, what have you to say for yourself? I was trying to get some sleep." She stopped, and tried to make her eyes focus. Something was different about Don. "You look... bigger?"

"I should expect so," the hobbit said. "I'm expecting my fourth child."

Don, expecting her fourth child? What was this all about? "Then how long have I been sleeping?"

"I don't really know, but I can't talk long, because Dinodas is with the other three and he needs to get some sleep."

"Dinodas? Oh!" Nuru stopped, grinned, and opened the door wider. "Come in, Robin, and sit down somewhere... anywhere. The bed is rather a nice place to sit... more comfortable. I thought you were Don, playing some prank on me."

Robin smiled and went in, plopping down on the bed. She watched as Nuru closed and locked the door, and stopped for a moment before turning around, trying to smooth her wild, tangled hair with her fingers. How long had it been since they had last seen each other? A few months? No, it must have been at least ten years, because Nuru hadn't seen any of the children yet.

"How are you, Nuru?" she asked hesitantly. How did someone who hadn't seen her friend for over ten years start a conversation, anyway?

"I'm doing all right," said Nuru, sitting down next to Robin. "I was here for a month or two and I just came back after a little absence. What about your children? How are they?" An odd question to ask. Nuru had never seen Robin's children before.

"Wonderful," said Robin. There was an uncomfortable silence. Robin played with the little ribbon tied around her right wrist, twisting it and untwisting it, watching Nuru from the corner of her eye, who was looking at the ground.

"Er.... what's Rivendell like?" A groan nearly escaped Robin's lips as soon as she had uttered that question. What a silly thing to ask! She knew perfectly well what Rivendell was like. She'd been there before. It wasn't like it was the kind of place that changed often because they rearranged things or fires happened or the like.

"Oh, just the same."

"And what's that like?" You know perfectly well, Robin Brandybuck, the tortured hobbit thought, forgetting once again that she was now Robin Green. Was talking with one of your best friends ever so miserable? I'll try again tomorrow, she thought firmly. Nuru is tired and my poor Dinodas. She sighed with a little smile, then stood up. "I'm sorry I have to go now, Nuru, but Dinodas will be wanting to go to bed."

"Yes, of course, I'm sorry," said Nuru quickly. "I am so sorry."

"Oh, for goodness' sake, don't apologize!" said Robin in exasperation. "Listen, Nuru, we got off to a bad start because we're sleepy and all. My head is in a horrible muddle. But tomorrow we'll go have breakfast together and you can meet the children and we'll start all over again... and really act like old friends."

The idea seemed wonderful to Nuru, so she bade Robin good night and climbed back into bed. What was Rie doing? That question played in her mind over and over again, keeping her from falling asleep. I hope whatever she did, it's for the best. Knowing Rie, I think it will be. Still trying to comfort herself, she at last fell into a troubled sleep, filled with fitful dreams.

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 05-01-2003, 02:35 PM   #415
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

OCC: Elora, Cerinel, check your PMs
Old 05-02-2003, 11:29 AM   #416
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nahai nodded to Annalalaith, her eyes distant. She wished she had the hope of finding her own parents, alive and well, somewhere. But they were dead. She witnessed their murder, so there was no hope of ever finding them among the realm of the living. Everyone she ever loved, save her uncle, now resided in in the same place: the halls of the dead.

Pushing such thoughts deep into the recesses of her mind, she smiled and turned to Morwyn.
Quote:
Morwyn glanced up at her, her grin becoming wicked. "Anyone feel like mischief tonight?"
Nahai leaned forward, interested.

"Aye, what sort of mischief do you have in mind?" The twinkle in her eyes showed that she was ready for anything Morwyn could suggest. But she waited for her reply anyway.

She was startled by a male's voice behind her. Turning, she saw he was addressing her.

"Forgive me, sir," she said "But I do not pay attention to passing time. It is yet another restriction, and I try not to limit myself to time's boundries." She grinned amiably at the stranger. "But perhaps one of my friends here knows. I am Nahai of Mirkwood, and these are my companions Lady Morwyn and Lady Annalalaith. Please join us in our merrymaking!" And without waiting for his reply, Nahai of the Beornings swiftly ordered another spiced cider and slid it down the bar to the stranger.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Maegaladiel ]
Old 05-02-2003, 12:58 PM   #417
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A cloaked figure wanded through the doors of the inn, she had a quiver slung over her back and a bow of Mirkwood origin. She stopped briefly and looked around, her face still covered by her dark green hood. She took her hand of her sword hilt and walked furthur into the warm inn.

She sighed, as she looked for a spare seat, she was tired after traveling for days. She was an Elven exile and lived with the Dunedain, she sometimes dissapeared for months at a time, but that was always expected. She looked around again for some friendly faces.

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:08 PM   #418
The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
Animated Skeleton

The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
White-Hand

Returned for revisions

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-02-2003, 01:55 PM   #419
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman saw the odd figure come in and a frown crept over her face, her eyes widening as the woman spoke to Nahai. She tried to catch the eye of the strange elf, before giving up and speaking, as the elf was now approaching another and, as she had already accused the gentle Nahai of murder, she dreaded to think what was next.

"Welcome to the Green Dragon. Can I get you anything to drink?" She asked, perhaps a little overly cheerfully, in a bid to distract the woman.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #420
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

"No! How would I want something to drink?" the weird elvess was filled with rage.

"Perhaps I shall explain the story to you... my name is Nannaliel. I was born to great parents... terrible but great. I never knew my mother. She died when I was only a baby. My father was a fool; but a brave one. He was killed in a most horrible way. This Nahai, her beloved hobbit friend pushed my papa off a rock... he fell into darkness... flames..."

Nannaliel began to cry.
"Outside... is the man... who will help me get my own back... I need to know the origins of this cursed halfling..."

With these words, Nannaliel grabbed a man's ale and gulped it down in one go.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob ]
Old 05-02-2003, 03:33 PM   #421
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daethaur smiled a wry little smile, though no one could see his features right. Despite his horrendously bad encounters with Elves in the past, these were quite kind. Perhaps it was that they were female. Any male Elf would have drawn a sword on him in a moment.

He sipped at the cider. It would seem scaldingly hot to most, but he enjoyed it. Not quite as strong as the last drink he had had.

Just then his new theory about Elven behavior was shattered. Daethaur looked over his shoulder, and saw a (relatively)young female elf shouting about Nahai. "You, my dear, are responsible for the murder of my father!"
Old 05-03-2003, 07:20 AM   #422
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

She smiled at Arman, though her face was still hidden, "What do you serve? Something warm please", she spoke in a fair voice, almost musical. She looked around and sat at a nearby table. It had been years since she had been in these parts, and everything had changed.

She looked over at the elf who was shouting at Nahai. There were argument everywhere it seemed, in these days.

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:53 AM   #423
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"What do you serve? Something hot please."

Aman nodded and relaxed. The woman seemed friendly. Aman shook her head; she had just been worried because of the very odd woman who had come in, but had now stormed out again, and the quiver the woman was wearing hardly did anything to soothe her fears. There were too many weapons which appeared to be bristling inside this Inn, but the mood, now Nannaliel had gone, was calm and merry again. A hot beverage....

"Hot chocolate, or coffee? Or maybe something stronger?"

When the cloaked figure, her face still obscured, answered, Aman could hear a gratefull smile in her voice. "Maybe...maybe something a little stronger?"

Aman nodded, and turned to where she had been heating some wine, for outside the weather had taken a turn for the worse. She frowned slightly- snow, at this time of year? Pouring out some of the thick, heated wine, she came around the bar to give it to the woman, who smiled and took it, although she still didnt lower her hood. Strange, but then, people have a right to privacy, she supposed.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:23 AM   #424
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Lalaith took the drink, grateful for the warmth. She had spent to much time among humans, the cold was starting to affect her.
"Thank you" she told the innkeeper. She opened her mouth to say something else but decided against it. Instead she followed Aman's gaze to the window.
"Snow, tis going to make traveling hard tonight if it stay's put"

She was glad to have someone friendly to talk to. She decided she liked Aman and that she was trustworthy. She smiled again, glad of that. Her fears were dashed as she sat back and drank some of the hot wine. Feeling the warmth of it down her throat, and warming her up.

She turned back to Aman and seeing her anxious face looking at her weapons.
"Do not worry, i'm not looking for trouble in these parts"
She smiled again seeing her face relaxe.

Old 05-03-2003, 12:36 PM   #425
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

Suddenly, the gentle Lalaith felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Nannaliel, the strange elvess from before, who had returned.

"Please," she said. "Have you seen Nahai? I need to talk to her. I was forced out of here before, but I must have a word with her."

Nannaliel pointed outside. "Tell her I am waiting for her there."
Old 05-03-2003, 12:54 PM   #426
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

She turned, and frowned beneth her hood. She put down her drink.

"I'm sorry, I have not been here long, as of yet I am the only one I know here. I wouldn't know of anyone called Nahai, but if i hear of her i'll be sure to pass on the message. Your name?"

"Nannaliel" she answered, "and thank you"

Lalaith nodded in reply.

"I will keep my eyes open for her, Nannaliel"

Nannaliel stepped back and retreated outside. Lalaith turned back to her drink, in deep thought.

Old 05-03-2003, 04:10 PM   #427
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Annalalaith looked at Nahi, " what is going on?" she whispered as Nahi moved to talk woith the strange man. Then as Nahi introducied the strange man to them she raised her hand in greeting and smiled sheepishly. She still wondered what was going on when suddenly she heard two women talking as she sat thinkig:
"Please," she said. "Have you seen Nahai? I need to talk to her. I was forced out of here before, but I must have a word with her."

"Tell her I am waiting for her there."

"I'm sorry, I have not been here long, as of yet I am the only one I know here. I wouldn't know of anyone called Nahai, but if i hear of her i'll be sure to pass on the message. Your name?"

"Nannaliel" she answered, "and thank you"

"I will keep my eyes open for her, Nannaliel"

As Annalalaith heard this she grew slightly alarmed. Is this a good thing, she wondered. Annalalaith slid down the bar, " Nahi someone is talking about you." she whispered.

She felt nervious. This kind of thing always made her feel nervous. She started to tap her fingers on the bar rapidly. She wondered why anyone would try to even pick a fight with Nahi. Annalalaith stoped her tapping and stood up, without waiting for Nahi to reply she went outside into the dark.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:45 AM   #428
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

Suddenly, Nahi felt a hand embracing her. The sound of a drunken laugh tickled her ears.

"Don't worry, old mate! It's me, Nannaliel. Call me Nanna. Sorry for scaring you before... was just rather tired from me trip..."

Nanna hickupped. She took a sip from her ale.

"I don't want to scare you or anything. Just tell me... do you know the current location of your friend Odo Draggins? He is a nasty, foul little murderer..."
Old 05-04-2003, 08:18 AM   #429
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

She started to listen around the inn, her elven ears hearing more than any human.

"I don't want to scare you or anything. Just tell me... do you know the current location of your friend Odo Draggins? He is a nasty, foul little murderer..."

She refrained from turning around to see who spoke. Quietly she sipped her drink, not wanting to bring trouble to the inn.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Laiquendi ]

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM   #430
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nahai looked at the elven maiden in suprise and confusion. Odo Draggins? Murder?

"Odo Draggins?" she repeated, "I fear you may have mistaken me for someone else, milady. I have never met anyone by that name. I feel for you and the loss of your father, as my own parents have been stolen from me, but I am afraid there is little I can do to help you." She smiled, somewhat mischeiviously. "Don't worry about paying for the cider, by the way, it's on the house today. You can thank the new inkeeper for that." She took a sip of her own drink, relishing its flavor on her tongue and thinking about what the elf had told her.

"Perhaps if you tell me more about this Odo Draggins, I may be able to offer you some assistance. I have known very few people in my life, but maybe one of them might be able to help." She leaned forward, waiting for her to reply.

Beside her, Annalalaith drummed her delicate fingers on the hard wooden bar nervously. Probably fearing a fight would break out, the elf retreated outside. Nahai watched her sadly, wishing she could do the same. She hated to lose her new elven friend without saying goodbye, but didn't want to get her into trouble, either. She hoped she would return once this whole issue had been settled. If it could be settled without Nahai and this elf woman killing each other.

On her other side, the dwarf sipped his cider and looked very uncomfortable, probably on account of all the elves in the bar. Nahai herself felt somewhat out of place among all the beautiful elves in the Dragon, and they reminded her all too much of her long-dead elven love, Celecu. Which of course made her even more uncomfortable.

Dismissing his fair face from her mind, she forced herself to look back at the elf maiden and waited for her reply.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Maegaladiel ]
Old 05-04-2003, 11:23 AM   #431
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn had listened to this whole conversation silently, the thoughts of mischief driven from her head for now. Nahai had handled the woman's accusations remarkably well, but she was shaking. Annalaliath looked worried as well.

Morwyn took a deep drink of her latest mug of cider and gazed around the common room warily. How was it that Nahai, who trusted no-one until recently, was so well known to these people?

"Perhaps we should retire for the evening?" suggested Morwyn quietly to Nahai and Annalaliath. "Things may quiet down by morning..."
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:43 AM   #432
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Nahai felt herself nod to Morwyn, but, realizing what she was doing, quickly shook it in disagreement.

"Perhaps you two should retire," she replied softly, "I don't want any harm to befall you two on my account." Morwyn looked unsure.

"Wouldn't it be best for you to leave?" she asked the Beorning. Once again, Nahai shook her head.

"I have never met any of these people in my life," Nahai whispered back, "and yet this elf knows my name, and connects me to her father's murder. I want to know what is going on. Maybe I can help her. Maybe not. I just want to know." Morwyn looked skeptical, but Nahai seemed to know what she was doing.

"I'll be fine," she assured the woman, "I seriously doubt that this will end in fighting, as it's not allowed here. And even if it does, don't think I've never had to stand up for myself before. And if this is to be my last drink of cider, at least I'll see my family and love again in the halls of the dead." She added the last part as a joke to frighten Morwyn, taking a big sip of her cider to make a point. She laughed, showing her that it was all in jest.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #433
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman's gaze turned once more to the newcomer, and she briefly wondered whether she could throw her out. No, it was snowing, she wouldnt throw anyone out into the snow just for this. She just hoped the elf was just tired, and would calm down.

She caught Morwyn's eye, and the latter nodded slightly- Aman didn't want there to be trouble in her Inn, and Morwyn didn't want her friend to get involved with any trouble with murders. The gentle Beorning had already been accused of murder, and all of them could see it had hit her hard, as would be expected. Morwyn turned to Nahai and Annalalaith.

"Perhaps we should retire for the evening?" She suggested quietly to both of them. Annalalaith nodded quickly, and the shaking Nahai also agreed.

"Good night, Aman." Morwyn nodded to the young Innkeeper as she passed, and the other two followed.

"Yes, good night Aman."
"Aye, see you in the morning."
"Sleep well, all of you." Aman smiled to them as they passed and put down the glass she had been cleaning with a small clink. Then she looked back up to the elf Nanna who wandered the room. She steeled herself and went to talk to her.

"Do you intend to stay the night, Nannaliel?" She asked politely. The elf turned, then sighed and shook her head.

"Nay, I think not. I will continue my search for Odo Draggins, I think."

"We do not wish for any trouble in these parts." Aman's voice had a slight edge to it now. The elf looked sharply at her, then inclined her head.

"Good night, Innkeeper." Aman nodded back, then the elf turned and went back out of the Inn, putting on her cloak from where it had hung on the door. She smiled her odd smile at Aman briefly, then left into the snow.

Aman watched her go, then had to force herself not to sigh with relief. She didnt want someone like that stirring up trouble with talk of murders and murderers, especially not when she had accused one of the other customers of being such. Turning back into the room, she surveyed the room's thinning population- it was getting dark and as it did so many of the people staying in the Inn were retiring to bed and others were leaving the other dwellings nearby before it got too late. She hoped they wouldn't have trouble on the road, for the snow was getting heavier now. Aman dismissed it though- it was unlikely to get too heavy.

"One hour and those not staying may like to get off to wherever else they're staying before it gets to dark and too snowy." She announced to the room at large. Her announcement was greeted by a few murmerings and looks in her way, and a few vague smiles by some of those in the Inn who had obviously had a few too many. Looking around, she saw the woman who had come in earlier, her cloak still up over her head, still alone at an isolated table. She had taken a liking to the woman, mysterious as she may have seemed, and Aman decided to go and talk to her. Keeping herself to herself was fine, but it was likely that she might have a few tales of her own to tell, and there was nothing better for a wet night.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

OCC: TDoGaS- you have been sent a PM, which you didnt respond to. Your character was not really suitable, but you are welcome to return to the Inn with a different one.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:25 PM   #434
Hapman

1420!

A tall man with laughing blue eyes strolled casually into the pub and leant onto the counter. He smiled widely and snapped his fingers to get the barperson’s attention.

“Good sir. One pint of your strongest ale, please.” When he had his drink he walked to a table and sat down, leaning against the comfy seatback.

He took a look around. The pub was packed. All manner of people were crowded inside, sipping drinks, talking, arguing and just sitting looking hostile. Especially young, ‘amazingly beautiful’ female elves. They didn’t seem a very happy bunch.

“Ahh well,” sighed he as he surveyed the scene. You always got a multitude of supposedly dangerous types, glaring out from under their hoods, fingering their blades and generally trying to look mysterious. He didn’t go in for that. He wouldn’t say his name until someone asked, but he’d start a conversation. Hmm, who looked most unapproachable? He picked up his half drunk ale and went over to a young elf of unknown gender.

“Mind if I sit with you?” he inquired cheerily. He got a glare that could melt steel, but sat down anyway, extending a hand.

“Come here often do you?” he asked, knowing he would get a snub as an answer, but trying anyhoo.

*Is this ok as my first post? I'm making a point that over half the people here seem to be young, extraordinarily beautiful elves, looking hostile and supposedly evil. I'm too cheery for that so i had to be controversial! Didn't mean to offend anyone though. Hurry and post back!*

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Old 05-04-2003, 12:32 PM   #435
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The man snapped his fingers to get Aman's attention, something she strongly resented, but she turned to see a pair of likeable, cornflower blue eyes looking around, although they only skimmed her.

"Good sir. One pint of your strongest ale, please."

"Sir? Miss, Madam, Ma'am or Aman I will take, but please, not sir." Aman smiled, then started to pull a drink for him. Meanwhile the man was looking around, before his eyes fixed on a lone elf, and he resolutely walked towards her, his step jaunty. Aman grinned slightly as he began to talk to her, before walking over with his drink.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
OCC: Thats fine, welcome Hapman.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 05-04-2003, 01:05 PM   #436
Hapman

1420!

Getting no reply to his cheery question, he smiled all the more and asked "So what's your name?"

"None of your business," snapped back the girl, rather rudely.

"What's not my business I make my business. What's your name?"

Feeling slightly unsure of the confusing speech the stranger had just made, she answered "Laiquendi. What's yours?"

"Tundil." he answered. "Call me Hapman."

"That's a jester's name" she sniggered.

"So I'm a joker. What's life without laughter?" Tundil asked. He slurped up the rest of his ale and went for a refill.

"So...Aman, was it? Do you know that girl? The one who's a prickly as a black bramble."

Old 05-04-2003, 01:41 PM   #437
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

((i'm not that evil am i?????????))

She nodded to Hapman (???) in greeting.
"Please call me Lalaith"
She made a gesture to Aman, inviting her to sit and join in their conversation.
"Please, i would very much like to hear about what has been happening around here. It's been a good few years since i have been in these parts"
Aman nodded and smiled as she sat down.
"Gladly" She still glanced nervously at her weapons.

Lalaith smiled again.
"As i said before i am not looking for trouble here. I would take them off but..."
She faultered, seeing she had already said too much.

She watched Hapman get up for a refil, slightly suspisious.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Laiquendi ]

Old 05-04-2003, 04:09 PM   #438
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawain had been sitting with Isil, Aeryn and Edén, drinking wine, conversing merrily and listening to the passing conversations taking place in the inn. Her two new friends looked tired so she politly excused herself and headed to the bar to get another wine.

As she reached the bar she noticed that Aman was not there, she looked around and saw her sitting at a table with a young girl, a tall man and a mysterious... Elf??? (she assumed noting the intricate design on her quiver).

An intresting group, I think I'll join them she thought to herself. So she got up and walked towards them " Hi my name is Fawain Isilmeleo from Ithilien" she smiled, not waiting for them to answer she took a seat.

Aman turned to her saying "I was just going to get drinks would you like anything?"
Still smiling Fawain replyed "A White wine please" Aman nodded and went to get their drinks. I hope she joins us I would much like to get to know the new innkeeper aswell she thought to herself.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #439
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

ALL NEW POSTERS TO THE INN, PLEASE NOTE:

The Rules for posting in the Shire are contained in The Red Book of Westmarch - please be familiar with them before you post here.

All posts not meeting the minimum standard of 2 paragraphs minimum per post in the Shire's games or Inn and 2 sentences minimum to each paragaph will be sent back to the poster to be reworked.

All chat style posts or posts which encourage only dialog between players is forbidden and will be sent back to the poster to be reworked.

Posts may also be sent back by the moderator if it is felt the writer needs to deepen the descriptions in the post.

NO CHAT ABBREVIATIONS ARE ALLOWED IN THE SHIRE - NOT IN GAMES, DISCUSSION THREADS, OR IN THE INN.

If you wish to chat with a friend - take it to PM (Private Message) or to the Barrow Downs' Chat room.

The Inn is the place where you show us how well you write, so that when games come along we can recommend you.

Thank you!

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 05-04-2003, 06:19 PM   #440
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Please note the above post, as well as this one:

I want to see posts that are much more descriptive than most of the ones I have been reading. Many rely too much on dialog for any substance.

Also - please check your posts for Capitalization, Spelling, Punctuation, and of course Paragraphs (which are done by DOUBLE SPACING between them so they show up distinctly).

I will be sending posts back to Inn posters who do not seem to be taking care with their writing. I will save your post's space for you to re-place your re-worked post as necessary.

Thanks! ~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator