Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #401
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Hmm, we-ell, we do appear to maybe hit on a minor snag with that plan...Mithalwen, check your PMs! See, on Thursday I'll be getting my GCSE results and will therefore be some three hundred miles away in Manchester....Foils.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:29 AM   #402
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I've filled in the rest of the SAVE . . . all are headed back to the East Gate.

I'll be away until Monday.

Pio, go ahead and use Skald if you need him . . . he can travel up to the Great hall with you . . .

-- Arry
Old 08-21-2005, 06:42 PM   #403
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Arry, Folwren, Boro, any of the Lorien Elves, as you wish

I've brought us all to the western end of Moria - to the great gathering hall of the Stonecut family. Beds have been set up for injured Elves and Dwarves. The Healers of both races are in attendance.

I've left it open for any or all of you to answer Riv's questions . . .

-----

Durelin

Do you want the Dwarves and Elves in Ost-in-edhil sometime soon Real-time? If so, one of us at some point this week, Real-time, can jump the groups forward to where everyone is healed and ready to head out the West Gate for the Mirdain city.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-21-2005, 06:53 PM   #404
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I'll be able to fill in my save tomorrow...

In case you were wondering what the little phrase means...Orin with some other dwarves were cut off, and got seperated from the group. Him and Fawrin will be lumbering back to the East Gate.

Folwren and Arry...

I was going to have Gram inform Riv of Orin's unknown where-abouts, but if one of you would like you have your character do it, that'll be perfect. I think that'll work better. If one of you want to do it, please let me know by tomorrow.

To everyone:

Great game so far, I've thorougly enjoyed it.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-21-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #405
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio
Durelin

Do you want the Dwarves and Elves in Ost-in-edhil sometime soon Real-time? If so, one of us at some point this week, Real-time, can jump the groups forward to where everyone is healed and ready to head out the West Gate for the Mirdain city.
That would be perfect. Of course I don't want any rushing but, yes, we need to get things rolling, as most of you have probably noticed. Sorry for letting things slow down a bit, particularly with the Elves. Going back to school time for me, and the battle has yet to reach them. But the Captain and I will make sure it will soon.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 AM   #406
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please note:
  • Remove your signatures to EVERY post on the RPG thread, including SAVES.

• Do not use icons on your posts to the RPG thread: eg.,

. . . etc

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-23-2005, 01:37 PM   #407
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
As soon as the Dwarves and Lorien Elves reach Eregion, we're going to move ahead. Once they have posted about their arrival, I will post and put us in 1697. I'll leave two saves for posts before mine, just in case anyone needs to fit one more in.

In the meantime...

Alcarillo - Mind if perhaps Sairien runs into Cainenyo on the docks? She does love the water...and wishes the river was the sea...
Old 08-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #408
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hi all I am back but haven't had a chance to read through the thing totally yet. Am I still alive and involved or is Orc involvement over now?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #409
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've left a SAVE - I'll get us Dwarves heading out to Ost-in-edhil after about a week or so's recuperation time.

Folwren, Pio, Boro, and Arestevana - you can do follow-ups if you wish about arriving in the city.

How does that sound?

-- Arry
Old 08-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #410
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Alcarillo - Mind if perhaps Sairien runs into Cainenyo on the docks? She does love the water...and wishes the river was the sea...
Maegisil's wife, correct? Perhaps Cainenyo's wife Alassante could spot them together and finally understand why Cainenyo's running off all the time . . .

Last edited by Alcarillo; 08-23-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:55 PM   #411
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Filled in my save. Did I do alright? I'm not sure if Viss would actually be there, but I'm assuming that if they're in the Stonecut Halls, it's probably his home and since it is his son after all...well, tell me what you think, you other dwarves.

Quote:
Originally posted by Arry:
Folwren, Pio, Boro, and Arestevana - you can do follow-ups if you wish about arriving in the city.

How does that sound?
Sounds fine to me. At least, it does as long as it remains an 'if you wish', beause I am not very good at writing the parts about arriving in cities and I might decide that I don't want to and leave it to some one else. We'll see, I guess.

- Folwren
Old 08-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #412
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Will the Orcs be following this time jump too? Or are we still just sort of on our own schedule?

Kath - the battle is finished; your character is still alive (at least, no one wrote his death...). I finished the Orcs off with their retreat. I should tomorrow have a post up for arriving back in camp; feel free to jump in, recounting your character's experiences in the battle etc once you've caught up. Nice to have you back.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #413
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
Maegisil's wife, correct? Perhaps Cainenyo's wife Alassante could spot them together and finally understand why Cainenyo's running off all the time . . .
Oh dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Will the Orcs be following this time jump too? Or are we still just sort of on our own schedule?
The Orcs will be following this time jump also. The whole game is jumping ahead, and we're bringing everyone together. We're moving on to the year 1697, bringing us to the siege of Eregion itself. The Orcs will all still be around, just now part of a much larger force - an entire army. CaptainofDespair's character is the leader of that force, and will tell us about it in his post(s).
Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 AM   #414
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren

Using Viss was a good move. Your post was well done.

-------------------

Pio

Do you want to write the entry into the city itself?

Then Folwren, if you want, you can post something about Bror's thoughts about the city - has he ever been there?

-------------------

I think then we (the Dwarves) should leave the Lorien Elves with the Mirdain and hie it back to our own homes. Don't you think? We'll want to make sure our own preparations against Sauron and his minions are well in place.

When the time jump is made, we can decide then if we want our characters in the Elven city or whether we will continue our guerilla warfare tactics against them from the rear.

I do recall Tolkien writing that at the end, when Elrond and his troops have arrived too late to save the city, but have managed to round up a number of survivors, that Sauron and his army attack them viciously. Elrond and company's retreat is cut off and he and his Elves nearly killed, when King Durin III and an army of Dwarves come out of Moria and rush Sauron's army from behind. Elrond and the survivors of the Mirdain are able to flee to the area that will become Imladris. Sauron chases the Dwarves back to Moria where they seal the West Gate against him.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:29 AM   #415
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Kath - the battle is finished; your character is still alive (at least, no one wrote his death...). I finished the Orcs off with their retreat. I should tomorrow have a post up for arriving back in camp; feel free to jump in, recounting your character's experiences in the battle etc once you've caught up. Nice to have you back.
Ok thanks Firefoot. I'll read through properly and put a post in sometime after yours. How many orcs were lost as a thought?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:20 AM   #416
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
The Orcs will be following this time jump also. The whole game is jumping ahead, and we're bringing everyone together. We're moving on to the year 1697, bringing us to the siege of Eregion itself. The Orcs will all still be around, just now part of a much larger force - an entire army. CaptainofDespair's character is the leader of that force, and will tell us about it in his post(s).
Okay, that's what I figured. In that case, I would still like to get one post in before the time jump (should be written this evening); is it all right for this to go after Arry's time jump post or will it need to be edited in before that? (Questions, questions... )
Old 08-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #417
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Okay, that's what I figured. In that case, I would still like to get one post in before the time jump (should be written this evening); is it all right for this to go after Arry's time jump post or will it need to be edited in before that? (Questions, questions... )
Don't worry! You have time! Arry will be moving the Dwarves and Elves ahead a little, but that is not the real time jump. That's just a little moving ahead for the Dwarves and Elves. The actual time jump will occur after the Elves and Dwarves have arrived at Eregion, and this time jump will occur for everyone. And, it won't occur until I get my post up for the jump (I still have at least one more post to fit in there before that). So, your post can certainly go after Arry's post, as his is just a little moving ahead.

That was a little repetitive, but I hope that made at least a little sense, and answered your questions...

Thanks, Arry. Your plan for the Dwarves sounds good, and I recall something like that, as well. I kinda threw the Dwarves into the mix with the Elves for simplicity's sake in the beginning, but I'm sure going for more accuracy is probably a better idea. The Dwarves are well established in the game, and now (well, soon) they can go back and do their own thing...and then it won't be long until their needed for some rescuing.

How does that sound to everyone else, particularly the other Dwarves? Think it's do-able?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #418
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Arry is only moving the Dwarves ahead by a week or so - so we injured ones have enough time to recover.

He'll get us heading out the West Gate and down the road to Ost-in-edhil.

I'll pick up there and bring us into the city itself.

Firefoot and other Orcs

Do you want to put up SAVES after Arry's post? Anyone else?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #419
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Thanks, Pio. I thought it was a week...but I also thought I might be losing my mind!

And actually, I just put up a Save (I promise I'll stay out of the way, though) and I'll have my post up later today.

EDIT: Save filled. I hope that's alright, Alcarillo. I hope Cainenyo didn't have work to do at the docks...or if he did, that he's already done it... Of course, work could always pull him away. I thought I'd get some conversation going, though...just nice to introduce the two before we move one.

Last edited by Durelin; 08-24-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #420
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Durelin, your post was great. Cainenyo had no work, and just likes to watch the people go by and the boats move about and the city become alive.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #421
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, I get it now.

I'll be putting up a save here shortly; I'll have it filled sometime in the next 4-5 hours.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:49 PM   #422
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

I've just posted more of Cainenyo and Sairien, Durelin . Have I handled Sairien alright?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:46 AM   #423
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've filled my SAVE.

Pio, you can have Riv take us into the city.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:44 AM   #424
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
I've just posted more of Cainenyo and Sairien, Durelin . Have I handled Sairien alright?
Of course! Do you mind if I finish up the conversation, or would you rather make one (or more) more post and finish it? The dwarves are almost to the city, so we'll have to move on (unfortunately... Sairien and Cainenyo get along so well. ).
Old 08-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #425
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Durelin, Alcarillo

Take what time you need or put up a SAVE to finish your characters' conversation to your satisfaction.

I can post the Dwarves and Elves arrival anytime.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #426
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Of course! Do you mind if I finish up the conversation, or would you rather make one (or more) more post and finish it? The dwarves are almost to the city, so we'll have to move on (unfortunately... Sairien and Cainenyo get along so well. ).
You may finish it if you like, or continue. It's up to you. I'll post a save just in case. I can always delete it if you finish the conversation. Or I could use it to finish his thoughts as he walks home.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #427
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Arry:
Then Folwren, if you want, you can post something about Bror's thoughts about the city - has he ever been there?
Thank you. I'll think about it.

And, no, Bror's never been there. I've decided he's not been anywhere outside the Mountain. That is to say, he hasn't gone more than a few miles out.

- Folwren
Old 08-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #428
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ooh, I love writing baddies. Great post, Firefoot. Poor Ulwakh.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:04 PM   #429
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Alcarillo - I've filled in my save, and I hope my post is alright. I left the conversation open to be continued, but I think I brought it to a satisfactory end as well, so it is whatever you wish to do. If you'd like to continue it and finish it, please do. If not, I think it is perfectly fine to consider it ended.

Onward!

EDIT:

Lindon Elves, and anyone else - Would you like to do any posts before the time jump/a transition post? Let me know as soon as you can. But don't worry, I'll put a save or two up, just in case.

Last edited by Durelin; 08-25-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #430
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by Durelin:
Lindon Elves, and anyone else - Would you like to do any posts before the time jump/a transition post? Let me know as soon as you can. But don't worry, I'll put a save or two up, just in case.
Do you mean, the real time jump? We still have to arrive in Eregion...Pio at least has to write a post, but she's already got a Save up. I don't have to write anything before then. I always could, but it's not necessary.

--------------------------------------

Arry, are you ever really intending on taking some sort of revenge on Bror's little prank? I'd thought for certain that you'd forgotten it, but then you mentioned it after the battle...
Old 08-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #431
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Do you mean, the real time jump? We still have to arrive in Eregion...Pio at least has to write a post, but she's already got a Save up. I don't have to write anything before then. I always could, but it's not necessary.
Yes, the real time jump. I'm just trying to get everything sorted out so that when we are ready for the time jump, we are all ready for the time jump. And it's good to know *about* when we'll be ready. I'm not trying to rush things...we can jump time whenever; I'm just trying to keep things moving.

I have sad news, though... Boromir88 has PMed me saying that he is unable to continue his commitment to this game. I am discussing options for carrying along his character with him, though he has mentioned killing him off. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from him, unless he'd rather post on the discussion thread himself.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 AM   #432
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Durelin:
I have sad news, though... Boromir88 has PMed me saying that he is unable to continue his commitment to this game. I am discussing options for carrying along his character with him, though he has mentioned killing him off. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from him, unless he'd rather post on the discussion thread himself.
That is sad! It would be even more so if he killed Orin off. Try talking him into letting him become a carry along.

Thank you for your answer to my question. I thought that's what you meant.

-Folwren
Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #433
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Alas, Boromir88 bites the dust...

If possible, since I have nothing better to do, I could possibly handle Boromir's character. If that is acceptable, I will review his character, and determine if it is my interest to do so.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #434
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Boro says carrying along his character is a great idea, too.

And, excellent, excellent post, Alcarillo.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:54 PM   #435
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Just wanted to say a few things and explain it...

I'm deeply sorry for doing this, something that I didn't expect to come up so early in the off-season. We've had to make a bunch of lay offs due to some financial problems, and I keep finding myself getting farther and farther behind in posting in the game.

I think it is better that Orin can be carried along, instead of having him die. Today, I was off and going to make a post of him quietly dying in his sleep, but I agree that carrying along would be much more enjoyable. Perhaps, some other interested RPGer could take his spot?

I will try to follow along as I've enjoyed the posting and gaming that has gone on so far and I think the best is still to come.

Again, I regret having to do this.

Edit: Captain, it would be great for you to take on Orin's character, if it's no problem to you. I think that is a much better idea than having him die in his sleep, thanks.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #436
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Erm if the elves and dwarves are about to arrive .. can someone give me a approximate date for where we are? IE if we have moved on from winter 1695.... I may have to turn mid-wife pronto......

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 08-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #437
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

My SAVE is filled. the Dwarves and Elves of Lorien are now in the city.

Whoever is playing Orin, I gave the character a silver horn and let him herald the company's advance to the city's gates.

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-28-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #438
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Just to let everyone know, I will be away from Sunday (tomorrow) to Thursday. I'm going to try and get a post up tonight, sending the orcs on their way across the mountains.

EDIT: Post is up, it's pretty short but it gets them going. See you all in a few days.

Last edited by Encaitare; 08-27-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:30 PM   #439
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Another question... ^_^ Can you tell I like to have my details straight?

I'm thinking in terms of my next post, and being that Encai set Kharn up at the back to harry those who were falling back, I'm seeing some real potential for some healthy ruckus amongsth the Orcs. However, serious trouble with the Second in Command would almost invariably involve the Captain, so I would want to make sure Encai was able to respond appropriately. So the gist of that is wondering whether she will probably be back for the time jump or not. Or should I just go by the assumption that if she isn't back in time, a post can just be inserted in the appropriate spot?

If not, I can make my post a little less intense so that Encai wouldn't have to respond. Whatever works.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:50 PM   #440
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Like I said, I will be back on Thursday. I may be able to reply that night depending on what time I get home. Durelin, don't hold up the time jump if you were planning on doing it before that! My response could always be inserted in the appropriate place.