The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #441
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I assure you my incompetence is entirely my own. To inflict this on me is surely the woves cruellest jest

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #442
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What would happen if I vote for my self because I can't decide ? I am bound to choose wrong anyway

Old 02-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #443
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Don't take that course. If you're truly completely torn, leave it to the gods, find your shiniest coin, and toss it.

My only request is that I be heads. But I would exhort you to make a decision.

Fair ladies, Mithalwen and Valesse, though I fear one of you is a sworn enemy, yet you have bourne yourselves well and courteously. When I return all will be over, to the doom of at least one of us and at most all.

It is with complete sincerity that I bid you a sorrowful farewell. The wolf too, for worthy enemies must be honoured, coward and recreant though they be.

Good luck and may the Valar harbour you.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #444
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Valesse -if you are there could you tell me why you did not vote on day 4... just before i look for a coin......

Old 02-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #445
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

THis is insanely hard but I have reread everything ....and thought... I know one of you is guilty but I have been much better at hunches of innocence than guilt.

Too long I have assumed Ang's innocence and that has made me overlook much. Especially the first day. Ang said something about the third wolf sending to Barad dur for more competent accomplices. And hurrhing the idea that Thin was the Seer after having voted for Thin....

I now think that Tar thought you innocent for the Thin vote not a dream.

I wish I could be certain .... I can't be but I have to vote. I don't like that Val did not vote on Day 4 when she could have stopped the double lynch she wanted to avoid. But ................. Oh I can't help thinking that if Ang were innocent he should have suspected me more .... he banks so much on my incompetence... I have been wrong about everything else this game. I may aswell add my presumption of his innocence.

++Anguirel
I may as well live or die befuddled. I am sorry if I have got this wrong and if I have I leave my money to found a sanctuary for the villages "orphaned"cats and tortoises.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #446
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Please pardon my lateness.

I did not vote on Day four because I did not believe I was able to discern the last two wolves from either the highly accused or varied suspects. I know I could have spared a life, yes, but at the time I was not willing to bring disbalance in the community. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have voted for Valier had I been made to.

Mithalwen has done nothing to truely rouse my suspicions at any point of this game. Before this Day came I had my eyes on both Ang and Gandalf... seeing that Ang is still here... well this last point speaks for itself.

++ Anguirel

Besides... if I were a wolf, why would I have asked "Why aren't you accusing me?"
Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #447
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, here comes the moment you've all been waiting for. The final Wolf unmasked. However, you will all have to wait while I go cast-out someone on Hobbit Survivor and make the final death. I leave you in suspense!! *insert evil grin here*
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #448
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

After burying the remains of Gandalf, the final three villagers, Ang, Valesse and Mith, gathered for the last time in their once beautiful, lively village square. They looked around, reminicing all the wonderful and horrid events that happened in their beautiful town. Finally, they stirred and looked at each other accusingly. "Well, here we are," Ang said slowly.

"Here at the end of all things," Valesse said with a slight smile, remembering the words of a long time friend.

"Well, what are we sitting here doing!?" Mith cried with anticipation. "I want to find this Wolf and get the heck out of here!! This village has brought me nothing but pain and sorrow these last few years!! Dead husbands and now dead friends!! I can't take it!!"

"Well Mith, I know you would never have done such a thing. You're to innocent. It has to be the acrobat from out of town!" Ang yelled accusingly towards Valesse. "Why else would you have been so quick to strangle Thin with that chord!? You have my vote!!"

"Well, that was a totaly random accusation. How can you be so sure that Mith isn't the Wolf? No offense Mith," Valesse said quickly. Then she turned back to Ang. "As for you, something about you just isn't sitting right with me. You have my vote!"

"Well Mith, it looks like the fate of our lives is in your hands," Ang said. "Now, think this over care-"

"-fully? Oh, don't worry about that, Wolf!!" Mith cried. "Valesse is right. The way you jumped at her!! You're the Wolf!!" She cried.

"HAHAHAHA!!!" Ang cackled evily as he turned into a monstrous beast. "Well, it took you fools long enough to figure that out!! Now that all the others are gone, I'm going to eat you both whole and chew on your bones and when I'm done, I'll move onto the next village and convert two more to join me and repeat the process. The best part is that no one will ever find out what happened!!!" He cried and lunged at Mith who screamed in fear. Just then, a strong Eastern wind blew in and from the ground arose white, opalescent figures. They were the bodies of their dead friends. The white figures encircled Ang and advanced towards him slowly. "What!? No!! Get away from me!! Go!! Leave me alone!" Ang cried in terror. The figures kept advancing. Once they reached him, they grabbed him and as they did, a whole opened up underneath. The figures sank slowly into the ground and the hole closed up around them. "Goodbye my friends," Valesse said sadly.

"Yes, thank you for everything!" Mith cried. Then she turned to the Valesse. "Well, it's over my friend. And now I have a questionm."

"What's that?" Valesse asked curiously.

"Do you have any room in that travelling circus of yours?" Then they laughed and cried in remembrance of all their dead friends and started walking slowly from the quiet little town Mejis.

Villagers win!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead
Glirdan(Mod) - Night 1 - Beheaded and then reheaded with a sax
Gil-Galad(Mod) - Night 1 - Bled to death.
Eonwe(Ordo) - Day 1 - gallows collapse on top of her
Thin(Wolf) - Day 1 - strangled to death, by Valesse with a hidden chord
Eomer(Ranger) - Night 2 - stabbed through his stomach with own sword
Shelob(Ordor) - Day 2 - killed herself with her scciors in sacrifice
tar-ancalime(Seer) - Night 3 - stabbed by spear through the heart
Feanor of the Peredhil(Hunter) - Night 3 -Mauled on both sides
Garin(Ordo) - Day 3 - Buzz sawed neatly in two
Crombie(Ordo) - Night 4 - Torn to bits and body pieces dispersed through house
Wayne(Ordo) - Day 4 - Head bitten off by Valier
Valier(Wolf) - Day 4 - Burned to death by one of Gandalf's spells
Roa(Ordo) - Night 5 - Flesh eaten right off and only bones remain
Kath(Ordo) - Day 5 - Died gasping for air as a tortoise bit her neck
Gandalf(Ordo) - Night 6 - Body torn to bits and placed in a crudely shaped message
Ang(Wolf) - Day 6 - brought under ground by the dead villagers

Alive
Mith
Valesse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was a fun game to mod for. Expect another long post with thank you's and the what not. Also, for those who I haven't repped, expect it to come soon.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #449
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

First thing first, here's a list of what happened at Night.

Wolves
Night 2 - Eomer
Night 3 - Fea
Night 4 - Crombie
Night 5 - Roa
Night 6 - Gandalf

Seer
Night 1 - Fea
Night 2 - Shelbo
Night 3 - Valesse

Hunter
Night 2 - Shelob
Night 3 - tar

Ranger
Night 2 - tar

Now, if the people who were in these roles could explain their choices, if you want to that is, be my guest. Now to get on to the thanks and what not.

Wolves: Thin - To bad you weren't able to make it all the way. Good job none the less.

Valier - I don't know if that was your first game, but if it was, good job making it all as far as you did.

Ang - My final dear Wolf. You played such a good deciever. I had such a HUGE feeling that you were going to be able to pull it off. I think if you would have changed the kill on the last Night, you would have pulled it off. Great job none the less!!

Tar - You did rather well. Sucks that the Hunter didn't trust you, but you can't really do anything about that. Blame it on Eru!! Got a quick question. I noticed that the first two Nights you went for the more experienced players to dream about. Was that you're strategy?

Eomer - All I have to say is that you must be psychic. You were right. The Wolves ended up going for you that Night anyway.

Fea - I was so glad that you were in this game again. I was wondering if you were going to pull what you did in the last game. It was really great to have you in the game.

Newbies(Garin, Gandalf and Roa(?) [I'll get to you later Valesse]) - I must say that you did good for your first game. Both of you. Good job.

Wayne, Crombie, Eonwe, Kath and Shelob - Thanks to all of you for playing in this game.

Valesse - You did AWSOME for your first game!!! Way to go. A big congrats goes out to you! You deserve! I hope you play in another one, but this time one where I'm playing!

Mith - Thank you for playing! Good job on making it to the end!! Way to go!

Backup - modgod - Gil, even though you only needed to cover for me once, I thank you. You saved me there.

Last but not least, Sleepy - Sucks that you weren't able to mod this game. I'm sure you would have done great. But we'll see in the next game. Good luck!!

Thank you to everyone for playing in the game. I had a lot of fun modding (again) and I must tell you that some of the deaths (Garin's and Crombie's the most), I had so much fun writing them!! I hope you liked them.

Now, I'm sure you're all wondering "Who the heck is the Cursed?" Am I right? Well, here it is!! Another moment you've been waiting for...

Drum role please!!

Badadadadah!!!!

And it was Kath!!

Thanks for playing everyone!!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #450
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Ah, explaining my choices. Well...

To lie, or not to lie? Ah, truth will out, they always say. My life recently took on some very unexpected new things which lessen my internet time but increase my smiles. In any case, between classes, fighting illness, working, getting homework done, and acquainting myself with some new folks, I was running short on time and concentration.

Choice One was random because it was Night One and had nothing to go on. Choice Two was random because I was in a huge hurry and merely picked a name off of the list. The wolves struck it rich on that one.

Great game, all. Wish I'd had more time to choose, but such is Life.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:31 AM   #451
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
I always suspected Ang but that darn vote for Thin, masterful play Anguirel. I should have gone with instinct.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #452
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I always had an inkling Mith would suss me out. She's good at that!

When I wrote that courteous farewell, I was pretty sure I'd be chosen to be hanged.

This has been the game I've enjoyed most by far. Valier was such a good student (!) and there's something disturbingly satisfying about seeing kills in the morning.

Now, to sum up what happened when you were all abed.

On Night 1, I gave out standard advice and we prepared to go over the top.

During Day 1, I'd love to say my Thinlomien vote was a piece of strategic brilliance. Actually, the explanation lies later in the game when I note "I'm really chronic at Maths!"

On Night 2, I only spotted Eomer's hint late into the night, but luckily we still hadn't chosen our kill. I set Glirdan a PM-"Doctor indeed! Goodbye Master Ranger..."

On Day 2, you pretty much did our job for us, going for poor Shelob, and in the process I became increasingly suspicious that tar-ancalime might be the Seer.

On Night 3, we were torn between Fea-whom I was certain was the Hunter and certain would kill another inocent-and tar-ancalime, whom I only suspected as a Seer. Valier opted for Fea and so it was. It was with regret that I realised events had forced me to kill off the two most amusing players in the game...

Fea killing tar was a scenario I had envisaged in my most optimistic dreams, and it came true.

On Day 3, Garin was everyone's prime target, but the mess up about the posting of his death made me suspiciously angry...I should have controlled myself better.

On Night 4 I left Valier to take out Abercrombie. I also was off for a day and expecting her to handle Day 4. Imagine my horror when I found she'd been double-lynched! I killed my first comrade by a vote, my second by a non-vote.

On Night 5 I killed Roa as a Valier voter not generally suspected, and also in the hope she was the Cursed Villager. No such luck. During the following day I focussed suspicion on Kath-not in itself a mistake; I could have got away with it. It did look like a duel between mistaken innocents. Kath came off worse. Notice that people being lynched invariably post a lot?

Now, Night 6. Long and hard I strove. The choices were as follows-

Kill Mith and frame Gandalf with Valesse onside
But Valesse was an unknown quantity, and I was uncertain of acquiring her support. There would also be the problem of Gandalf himself. With either threadbare posts or none at all, he would be hard to portray as a cornered villain, and the last day would be far more boring.

Kill Valesse and frame Gandalf with Mith onside
This was my original idea. But I became less keen on it as the night wore on. I had obviously cast suspicion on Gandalf prior to that, and cui bono would be against me.

Kill Gandalf and frame Valesse with Mith onside
This is what I opted for. It eliminated Gandalf and ensured there'd be three effective voices on the last day. I also knew of division between Valesse and Mith. It almost worked...

But anyway, this was a brilliant game. I offer my regards to Lady Mithalwen and Mistress Valesse, the Wolfslayers!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:15 AM   #453
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
On Day 2, you pretty much did our job for us, going for poor Shelob, and in the process I became increasingly suspicious that tar-ancalime might be the Seer.
Yes, I was afraid of that when it came down to Shelob. Knowing her identity as I did, I couldn't stand idly by and let her be lynched, and yet it was hard to come to her defense without tipping my own hand. I thought long and hard before saying anything at all--I dreamed of her the previous Night in the first place because I was sure she'd be the main topic of discussion the following Day. Perhaps it would have been better to stay in the dark.

And I am so sorry that my offhand comment about Anguirel's innocence was taken for a dream. I only put that in to disguise my comments about Fea, which were based on a dream and which I wanted to leave as a record....just in case. I hadn't really started planning for my death yet--I figured i had one more Day.

Ang, how did you know Fea was the Hunter? I know how I knew, ( ) but how did you know?

Masterful wolvery. I only wish I could have been around to play a little longer.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:35 AM   #454
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

She hinted about Huntership a lot. The one that clinched it though was "I cannot save lives, only help take them".
Old 02-02-2006, 06:37 AM   #455
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

Location: In crazy captions waving an angry fist at the outside world
Gandalf_the _white has just left Hobbiton.
Good game everyone! I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did but I enjoyed it and would like to be in another game in the future
Gandalf_the _white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:59 AM   #456
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ang..it was very close ...but it wasn't so much what you said on the last day but the fact we were both there that made me go back and everything made so much more sense with you being the wolf. Especially day one.

No offence intended to less experienced players but it seemed to me that the degree of cool and skill displayed required an experienced player. That pointed to Kath or Ang. Too late for Kath did I realise that Tars comments might have been based on the Thin vote and not the dream but I am comforted that she was cursed so we were better off lynching her. RL pressures meant that I had not been as thorough as I might have been with early posts... so much hot air between innocents it seemed and irrelevant. When on Saturday I decided to look at Valier and Valesse .... Valier did seem more likely.... it seemed unlikely that both would be wolves. I would have expected more distance between them. But Valesses abstention did give me doubts.

Anguirel you do know me very well and for a long time it inspired trust. But then it got too much ... and also the wolf did seem to pick off anyone that I said was innocent except you...... Then at the end ...you were just too confident of my innocence ... an innocent would have surely been more doubtful.

If you had killed Val not Gandalf, I might well have been persuaded... save he was a little too disconnected even for a laid back wolf.

Having left me alive it was the reaction to Thin's lynching and the Garin fiasco that clinched it.... btu it was so close. I really didn't want you to be a werewolf especially after I had believed you innocent all along but ...you were unlucky I had the time to read everything before I decided .... and that I always go tails on coin tosses.......

Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #457
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I gave Anguirel the benefit of the doubt until the final day. Well done to the villagers for discovering the wolves, though there are not many of you to enjoy the village that is left!

About my hint: What I had planned was to leave this hint so that the villagers would not lynch me, but at the same time cause a lot of noise and antagonism so that the wolves would not kill me. Thus, I could serve and protect for a few days at least. My guess about Wolflomien just happened to be spot on. It would have been better had I been an Ordinary Villager.

There was the slightest chance that the wolves would have attacked tar so that's why I protected her that night.

Can't for the life of me understand why Fea wanted to kill tar, considering her vote for Thin and also her insightful posts.

Shelob, I guessed you were innocent. Your whole demeanour suggested "I'm really, really innocent--Why won't you believe me?!?!" Been there, lass. It's not fun.

Anyway, fun game. I enjoyed watching it.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #458
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It was such fun watching you...

Ang you played very, very well. Sometimes I was just sitting mouth wide when I read your posts. Valier was also very good. Kudos for getting that far, both of you! We nearly won.

And you villagers... Maybe the best thing in being a wolf lynched on the first day is that you know who else are wolves, but the ordos don't; they just struggle and suspect everyone. But, I must congratulate you. After all, it was you who won.

I, myself, didn't play that well. First I was too careless accusing Eomer (he later informed that it was very wolfish choice since he wasn't doing so well) and later I was too careful making reasons. My purpose was actually just play giving a revenge-vote and make it look that I tried to hide it was a revenge-vote. Too complicated. And honestly, I had nearly decided to vote Eomer when Fea voted him. I was so frustrated! I had no intention to bandwagon. And I cross-posted with the two other Eomer-voters, but my mistake was not to admit the cross-posting. (I had the empty reply space before me for something like 40 minutes and I just tried to make my post seem un-wolfish...) I thought that I would look even more wolfish if I admitted that I had used over half an hour to write only a few sentences...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #459
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah that was a fun game! Me the Cursed eh, guess it's lucky I died the last day. All I can say is thanks to Mith and Valesse for listening to my dying comments and lynching Ang - I wanted to kill that guy from Day 1, but I suppose no one would have supported the idea then.

Anyway, well done Mith and Valesse - you won!

Glirdan, I have to ask, was it really a slip of the tongue when you wrote about the wolf being a he and the Cursed still being around or not?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #460
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That game was great!! Being a wolf is so satisfiying...until you die! I think I got a little bored on the day of my double lynch, If I stayed away from helping with the analysis i may have lived a little long.
All I kept hoping was that Ang would show up at the last moment and sway the vote away from me, But then he would have caused more suspision towards himself.

SORRY TO ALL I KILLED!!!!(Bwah ha ha )

Sorry you didn't live longer Thin,It could have been funner.......is that a word?
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #461
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Sorry you didn't live longer Thin,It could have been funner.......is that a word?
I guess it was sheer luck that they caught me. Or was it?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #462
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Most posts in this thread
1) Garin 59
2) Kath 53
3) Anguirel 52
What does this tell us, I wonder...
Old 02-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #463
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
That I actually had time to post this game!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #464
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
All I kept hoping was that Ang would show up at the last moment and sway the vote away from me, But then he would have caused more suspision towards himself.
Anguirel seemed commited to self preservation and his lack of commitment to his fellow wolves certainly made him less suspicious, though I thought him wolfish from the beginning. It was masterful how he managed to have me yank a vote from him and vote for innocent lil' Shelob. After this experience, I am not a fan of retractable votes because my instinct to vote for Ang was correct. Howevever, his self preservation strategy failed because the wolves lost. Remember, wolves normally work in packs. I'm glad the selfishness failed.
Quote:
That I need to shut my big yap.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #465
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Howevever, his self preservation strategy failed because the wolves lost. Remember, wolves normally work in packs. I'm glad the selfishness failed.
Oh, I don't know. Call me a were-leopard, but I think the lone hunter aspect worked rather well. It wasn't that that brought me down...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #466
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
She hinted about Huntership a lot. The one that clinched it though was "I cannot save lives, only help take them".
Impressive, m'boy. But what you took as a hint wasn't one I meant to give. By that line, I meant only that I wasn't likely to be helpful. Which it turns out, I wasn't to the village, though I seem to have been a great ally to the wolves. If you want to see my reaction to my death, check out the Famous Last Words thread. Or ask Glirdan or tar-a.

Anyhow, my real hints had nothing to do with what I chose to say. I hope somebody found them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mer
Can't for the life of me understand why Fea wanted to kill tar, considering her vote for Thin and also her insightful posts.
I said it already, my dear... random name off of the list. No thought behind it as much as *close my eyes and point* ah, tar-a. I didn't exactly expect to die, so I figured that my random choice would be harmless.

You know what my favorite line of my own was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
It's day one. There's nothing to go on except random accusations.

Anguirel, you're a werewolf.
Oh, and looking back, post 84 was transparent. "The Hunter has no idea what s/he's doing!" Read: I had no idea what I was doing. *sigh*

If I hadn't been so busy I'd have been more careful.

Fun while it lasted... would have been more fun if I hadn't been so insanely busy.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #467
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Your favourite line is quite astounding, Fea.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #468
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

That tempted me to regard you as a Seer for about ten seconds. Then I decided to throw care to the wind and play along...fight fire with fire...

In fact, Fea, I used to be a straightforward sort of player. This game and XIII both show signs of your technique's insidious influence! I call it "Werewolf as Art Form"...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:14 PM   #469
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Wow...turns out I'm pretty awful at guessing who werewolves are.

Thinlomien: would never have guessed (at least not from the first day.)

Valier: didn't even consider you to be a wolf. Ever.

Anguirel: I only suspected you right after I died. I was fairly sure that I'd be the one dead that night, but I determined that you would be the one that I wanted lynched if I did suvive. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Great job, everyone. And Glirdan and Gil too. You wrote me a fantastic death sequence Glirdan. Of course, as soon as I read it, I was off spouting about Gloucester and "Out, out vile jelly!" (Shakespeare's King Lear)... Will someone lead me to Dover?
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #470
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Kudos to Valesse who kept her head so well under pressure. She will prove a dangerous wolf sometime I am sure.

This game reminded me a lot of WW1. Reminding me of Kuruharan at various points made me suspect Val and ultimately Ang.... didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

There was also the arguing innocents provoding cover....

Last edited by Mithalwen; 02-02-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #471
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
In fact, Fea, I used to be a straightforward sort of player. This game and XIII both show signs of your technique's insidious influence! I call it "Werewolf as Art Form"...
You'd be amazed at how insidious it is. I've had so many people tell me that they're playing like me that it makes me nervous to play beside them... I don't trust myself!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #472
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbercrombieOfRohan
Thinlomien: would never have guessed (at least not from the first day.)
I'm quite happy that you all weren't sure that I was a wolf.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #473
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Oh, I don't know. Call me a were-leopard, but I think the lone hunter aspect worked rather well. It wasn't that that brought me down...
Villagers won, werewolves lost. I don't see how that works out well but again you deserve accolades for your manipulation of me but the end result was that you lost.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #474
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Now, now! No need to kick a were-leopard when it's down...
Old 02-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #475
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Wow... What a game. The entire time I felt like an evil edittor writing and rewriting everything infront of me-- and I even miss quoted (boy was my face red!). I really, honestly thought I'd die the second day/third night. Thats where all of my nerves were. I don't know why... perhaps it was tar dreaming about me... but I just felt so nervous!

Thank you for all of the props, kudos, congratulations, one ups everyone! I had a blast even if I was a bit brain-dead at points. Hopefully I helped out at least a little (other than that last vote )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Kudos to Valesse who kept her head so well under pressure. She will prove a dangerous wolf sometime I am sure.
Mwahahaha! Mwah! Ha! Ha!

Actually I wrote about three to five posts that "didn't make the cut" yesterday. While online I seemed cool and collected offline I was certifiable. In short I'll try to weasel my way into another game soon!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #476
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Glirdan, I have to ask, was it really a slip of the tongue when you wrote about the wolf being a he and the Cursed still being around or not?
Yes, completely slip of the tongue. I meant say "the Wolf." But I was tired and stressed. So......

Quote:
You wrote me a fantastic death sequence Glirdan.
Your death was one of my favorites. I absolutely loved it!! Glad you liked it to.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #477
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Now, now! No need to kick a were-leopard when it's down...
No offense intended Ang, I think I've learned much from this experience and I hope to hear from poor Shelob. I mean, I knew you were a wolf inside my bones but both nights I managed to switch my vote to an innocent. It was due to your masterful manipulation. My only intent in viewing that the Lycans failed is learn an nice gray area in which to reside.
I told Abercrombie (post-both of our deaths) that if you were a wolf I'd eat my hat. All I can say now... Anybody have some water to wash this down?

Old 02-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #478
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye HA! - HaHa!

Holy crap! Holy crap! Glirdan, please back me here. Did I NOT send you a pm right after i died saying i would bet my bottom dollar Ang was a wolf. Wow, I feel vindicated...

Ok sorry, enough tooting of my own horn...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 PM   #479
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, that was fun. But @&!@#$ if I wasn't ticked when I found out I was dead. I was banking on the whole "killing the experienced players" thing the wolves had going, so I'd figured I'd be around another day. The next death was going to tell me so much- except it was mine.

At that point I had it narrowed to Ang/Val, and I even PM'd Val to ask her if she was the wolf. Imagine my frustration that day Kath was lynched. Anyways, I'm so in the next game.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #480
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Yes Eonwe, you did indeed send me a PM saying that. It's true!! I swear on my Barrow.