The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-21-2006, 04:06 AM   #441
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Okay, fine. Naria, if you insist.

I am NOT the Shaman. Just an ordo.

So what have I been up to? At first, I was playing as I normally would and had no intention of trying to pull off any bluffs. Nogrod was the one who first put the idea into my head when he said that my trusting him on Day 1 could have been the sign of my having been the Shaman in receipt of a dream of him. Which led to my 'better me than someone else' comment. I didn't really think of playing this up at all until Sleepy declared me the Shaman. At that point, I figured some sort of discussion of why I could or couldn't be the Shaman would ensue, possibly threatening the true Shaman. Besides, if the Orcs could be persuaded that I was a probable Shaman, I figured they wouldn't go looking too hard for anyone else and I could guarantee at least one extra night of dreaming. Maybe I was wrong on that point, but my other goal was to protect Zali at night. As a revealed Ranger, she is a prime target --- unless that Orcs have a better one: the Shaman. So I took what Sleepy gave me and ran with it, dropping cryptic hints right and left that I don't think our Orcsies could possibly have risked ignoring. My goal was to ensure that the Orcs killed an ordo-me before taking out a gifted Zali (or worse, the real Shaman), at least until there were enough dreams to ensure a village win.

I think I've done that now with two Orcs to be found among five unknowns. We have the Ranger save from last night, which I'm hoping was of me, since that would take another unknown off the list, and one more dream, which probably should be revealed soon. In fact, today might be a good mass revelations day, though any revealing, is of course, left to the discretion of the revealers.

Satsified?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:14 AM   #442
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I promise, this is my last post for a while! I really need to leave anyway.

And finally, my reason for trusting Naria can be boiled down to a simple statement or two. The Orcs have no reason to openly suspect or attack a Shaman candidate during the day because it would like mighty bad for them if I had been the Shaman and they got me lynched. So that makes me a bit more dangerous to attack in the day than your typical ordo. Innocents, however, have every reason to suspect people who are going around and leaving vague, cryptic hints of giftedness, then refusing to follow up on them. So since Naria led off the suspicion of me yesterday, I tend to trust her.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:24 AM   #443
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I don't have the time to post a good post right now but I just wanted to tell Celuien that she did a good job playing along. Just a note to everyone, if I really thought she was the shaman I wouldn't have said it.

Also, whoever had the dream please come forward. Alright people, we're in dire straits at the moment. I'm almost certain we'll have more than one person coming forward with a dream, one will be true the other will be a orc calling another orc an innocent or an innocent a orc. I only hope that the dream went to Nogrod again (highly doubted, he would probably have revealed it in his first post) because it didn't come to me. If we're lucky then Zali got it again but I don't know, this will be a very confusing day, mark my words.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #444
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Celuien, your calculations are misleading. You and Naria are "knowns" only to you. (Though I don't see how attacking a possible Shaman during the day is grounds for trust.... ) Not only that, you are the only person here (so far) who still thinks Zali is a definite known. Rather than just three unknowns, we have six- You, myself, Naria, Zali, Caran, and Grendelien. Hopefully that will change when the dreamer comes forward. But if you're going to help the village, then you have to take our point of view into account. If you're an orc, what more perfect way to dwindle the numbers of the villagers while leaving yourself untouched than to have us believe that we only have three unknowns, that you, conveniently, are not a part of?

EDIT: I will be traveling today, so I will likely not be back on till a few hours before the end. I ask that most voting holds till then (if you can't, then you can't) because I may just have something interesting to say.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #445
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quick stop in, then I have to leave; I'll be back in 4 hours or so.

I, too, think Zali is looking more and more suspicious. And so I agree that if she's not the Ranger, the true Ranger should come forward now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
At any rate, I would advocate lynching either Roa, Caran, or Grendelien today. If we make a mistake today, the remaining Orcs will then be identified. And the numbers will go like this:

NOW: 7:2
If incorrect, then
TOMORROW: 5:2
Then we’d know who to get, so we’d end the day at 5:1, start the next day at 4:1 and then win the game.
Celuien, one thing about your plan; if you and Naria are the orcs, it ensures that you will win! If you're innocent, I'm sorry, but you must see that we don't know you are, unless a known innocent comes forward with a dream about you toDay.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Roa
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #446
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I have a meeting I must attend to. I'll be back with more thoughtful (I hope) discussion in some hours time (six-seven hours before the deadline).

Just a few suggestions, hastily made (everyone should of course trust in their own judgements, but consider these).

Dreamer: come out!

Ranger (if not Zali): really consider coming out! (look below)

Shaman: wait for the two above... consider it then again (if we have even one believable suspect today, it might be best that you remain silent?)

Celuien is looking a bit weird now. F.ex. her Spawn-theory holds only if Zali is the real ranger! So if our ranger is not Zali, the true ranger's revealment of herself might give us two orcs in one (Zali & Celuien)?

Think...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #447
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I very well know that I'm not a known innocent. Nor are Naria or Zali. They merely appear more likely innocent than not to me for reasons I've given.

Honestly, if you think I'm an Orc, go ahead and lynch me. I don't care because the village should still have enough information at this point to win. All you'll find out is that I've been telling the truth.

Waiting on Zali...
Old 04-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #448
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

By the way, Roa, I didn't say that I'm a known, nor did I say Naria is a known. I said that from my perspective - since I know that I'm not an Orc - the most likely candidates are you, Caran and Grendelien. That list is purely my opinion, and it happens to be an opinion I believe fairly strongly. So I presented my thought process for how I'm probably going to behave today. Interesting way to twist my post.
Quote:
Though I don't see how attacking a possible Shaman during the day is grounds for trust
Think about it. Doesn't it look sort of bad to actively try to get a leading gifted candidate lynched? If you're an Orc, you don't want to do that because when the person is either found innocent or gifted, you're going to look very suspicious, so I would have been a bad, bad daytime candidate for an Orc to attack yesteday. On the other hand, it makes sense for an Ordo to question someone who's hinting at giftedness because innocents have cause for concern over imposters. Thus Naria's suspicion of me is grounds for me to trust her. You don't have to buy into the theory yet, but that's where I'm coming from with my suspicions. And it's where I think the village's time would be best spent on analysis.

I thought I explained that hypothesis.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #449
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Sorry for tripling, but I'm too annoyed and discombobulated to think straight right now.

Please, Ranger, let us know who you guarded last night.

And let me add my voice to those asking for outstanding unrevealed dreams.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #450
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dūm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I'm sorry I keep living...

But how can I be looking more and more suspicious when I actually managed to do my job last night?

And since you asked, I protected Celuien last Night.

Why do you think that no one else has come forward as the ranger?

Because maybe I am exactly what I say I am.

Lynch me if you dare. I am no orc. You'll only waste time and lose someone who is actually trying to help.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #451
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Grendelien has just left Hobbiton.
First of all, I just want to congratulate the Ranger on another fantasic choice!!
Secondly, I received the dream last night confirming Zali's innocence.
Grendelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #452
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Oh, and as a quick follow-up, you can trust Celuien as well...That means we have three known innocents, and one (Nogrod) very likely innocent!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #453
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

And yes, I agree that the dreamers should reveal dreams--We could really use a nudge in the right direction.

I am also annoyed and not thinking too clearly because I find it ironic that when I actually do my job for once, I'm still getting suspicion, suspicion, and more suspicion.

So fine. I'm sick of defending myself because all I'll do is repeat the same old things over and over--the Orcs are doing a good job of discrediting me.

So I'm done defending myself.

I'm done repeating myself.

I'll say again--lynch me if you want, but it will only put you one step closer to losing.

ETA: Cross-posted with Grendelien--Thank you very much
Old 04-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #454
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Ok, assuming Nogrod is innocent, which I believe, we have four unknowns: Roa, Naria, Caranlondien, and myself.

I was very suspicious of Roa at the time of my vote, but I must say that Nogrod's analysis of Roa caused my suspicions of her to dwindle. I went back and looked at some of her posts, and one particularly caught my eye that I hadn't considered before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy
This is very short and based entirely on one point, make of it what you will. Naria dreamed of Nogrod, told orc-friend Grendelien. Grendelien immediatly backs off Nogrod.

The problem with this is what Farael told us at the beginning- the dreams come at the very end of the Night, just as the Day starts. There would be no time for Naria to inform Grendelien.
This may not be a good reason for thinking her less suspicious...however, I was thinking that why would Roa, if she were an orc, make a post like this when suspicions of me were very high? If she and I were orcs, it would be understandable, but I am not an orc. I don't know if this is a significant quote to use, because anyone could have corrected Sleepy, but the fact that she responded first to his post gives evidence of sincerity...

I'm not going to rule out the possibility that Roa is an orc. Yet, my suspicions of her have dropped. That being said, Caranlondien and Naria are looking most suspicious to me at this point.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #455
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

I found another post by Roa that could be interpretted as being sincere (please, anyone stop me if you think these posts are irrelevant):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Does anyone know, whether Find and Jenny know each other? I'm getting also very wary about this "I doubt she would make this kind of move" and "given her skill" -stuff. She would know, if they had PM'd, otherwise - ragerding this game and Jenny's posts there... probably not being so sure about that - given her apparent intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Nogrod, Fin only has 19 posts total on the downs. 17 of those are in this thread. Extended interaction with Jenny on the Down's isn't possible, and niether have ever mentioned knowing each other outside the downs.
Once again, Roa responds rather quickly to Nogrod's question. Even though she thought Findeasea was an orc and voted for her, she ruled out something that would shine more light on Findeasea's guilt. If Roa were an orc, would she respond to a question that could possibly be further reason to lynch an innocent? It seems, to me at least, that she is trying to answer as truthfully as possible. However, as Nogrod said, Roa could be playing very craftily. It's up for debate.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #456
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Wow, I'm glad the Shaman chose to dream of you, Zali! I trust Grendelien's dream, although, of course, that doesn't mean I trust her. So now (I, at least) know that the orcs are among Naria, Roa, and Grendelien. The problem is, when I look at those three, they all look suspicious... but one of them is innocent.

Grendelien makes some good points about Roa, but I still think she's suspicious-looking. She appears helpful, but I can't get much of substance out of her posts. I've been so suspicious of her for the last few Days that I think I'll have to go back over her posts to be fair. As for your latest point, Grend, Roa was actually casting more suspicion on Findeasea by implying that the only way Find would have known about Jenny's style would be through the PMs of wereorcs.

Grendelien looks to be in a good position by revealing the dream and upping the number of known innocents. Could be an innocent truly trying to help, could be an orc hoping the points she earns here will protect her from being lynched. And, depending on Roa's status, she may be defending a fellow orc.

Naria is the one I suspect most right now. Her most recent post seems almost like a set-up for her partner orc to reveal as the "Ranger":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
I too am getting very worried about why Zali is still alive. I think she may be lying through her rotten little Orc teeth. I mean come on, one night....sure, two nights....maybe, but three nights....tsk, I really doubt that a werecreature would want to carry on wanting to kill villagers and have an obstacle in the way like the Ranger night after night. Yeah, maybe it could have been part of their plan, but I highly doubt that it would go on for this long. I would like to believe that she is the Ranger(and did) but this is just too much to swallow. Since she has already admitted to being the Ranger than it probably won't bother her too much to tell us who she protected last night.
She also continue to push Celuien on the Shaman-business, perhaps an orcish move to get their Shaman-suspect lynched the after a failed attempt at killing her last night?

My vote toDay may very well be for Naria. Her post prior to toDay's revelations makes me strongly suspect her.

EDIT: replaced "make" with "makes" - subject verb agreement is important!

Last edited by Caranlondien; 04-21-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #457
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Oh, I interpretted the reply as being that there was no correspondence between Jenny and Findeasea. I see your point now, about PMing.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #458
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dūm

I also don't know if Grendelien would be so foolish as to connect herself so strongly with a guilty Roa, so I'm not sure that's really a point against her. Unless she's finally making a newbie mistake :P

EDIT: x-posted with Grendelien
Old 04-21-2006, 12:27 PM   #459
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Ok, so now that I've had my mini-rant here (see my last two posts), I feel like I should get down to business.

I think it is highly likely that Naria will be getting a vote from me again toDay. It's not really a retribution for suspecting me so strongly--I'd be put off by her post whether or not its target was me. It would probably be almost funny if I was an orc: I'd be able to smile and perhaps make the part about me "lying through...orc-teeth" my sig line. However, I agree with Caranlodien that her last post does look like a set-up for some other orc to come along and say that they were really the ranger.

And Naria, if you're so convinced I'm an orc, why did you want to know who I protected last night--it's obvious that whatever I say, you can and will use against me.

And about Naria, herself, I think that she is either an orc (most likely) or just very ensnared by orcish plans. She has given a prime example of what everyone else is SUPPOSED to think about me (except that I am confirmed innocent now--thanks, Grendelien).

I'm much more inclined to think she's an orc, though.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #460
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
First off, I would like to offer my apologies to Zali. We needed to know for sure what was going on and what your role was. Yes you came out and declared yourself the Ranger, but that didn't necessarily mean you were(for sure). Thanks to Gren for saying that yes you are the Ranger, I have no doubts whatsoever now that you are the Ranger.

I also added Celuien in there because I thought that she may be the true Ranger and just beating around the bush about it. I honestly didn't think that she was faking to be the Shaman....her hints came across to me as Rangerish. Now that I know better of the two of you, there will be no more talk from me about this issue. So thanks to both of you for what you have done for the village.

I know that I am innocent and implore you all to trust me on this
Nogrod
Sleepy
Zali
Celuien

Then there's just two left(Orcs)
Caran
Gren

Roa, I just don't know about....but I believe her to be innocent.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #461
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I love the news concerning Zali!
(Purely from villager's point of view, her orcishness revealed, would of course have been "better", but I have kind of trusted Zali so far, so I'm very happy with this)

It's looking far better now, anyhow. Okay, there is this chance of 1/4 x 1/8 =1/32 (? - I'm so terribly bad in probability maths), that Grendelien getting the dream is an orc and Zali another - and that the dream was of Zali. I wouldn't bet on it a penny, or a cent just now. If a rivalling ranger-claim comes forwards, I might think of it - we all should - but before it, I'm taking this as granted from now on. We have under four hours of time, and yet to pick a wolf today.

So I just came back, and have to see the things again...

EDIT: (again...) X-posted with Naria
Old 04-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #462
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dūm

I have to go eat, and I’ve only gotten through Day 3 on my analysis of Roa (I already analyzed her Day 1 & 2, and I just don’t have the energy to go back through it).

Roa:

[B]Day Three[B]

#237: Wonders why the orcs killed Spawn instead of Zali. Thinks perhaps Jenny didn’t mention any of the other orcs, although maybe she did. Says we can’t be sure that Zali is the Ranger. Says we should go back and figure out why the orcs killed Spawn.

#239: Thinks it’s strange that Nogrod would suggest we don’t try to figure out the orcs’ strategy until toMorrow.

#244: Clarifies that she just doesn’t want us to proceed with the assumption that Zali is innocent. Doesn’t think the true Ranger should come out if Zali is lying. Also thinks we shouldn’t agonize over Jenny’s final posts, as they’ll likely just distract and confuse us.

#245: Says she’s just tossing out possibilities.

#274: Says that just because Nogrod got a dream doesn’t mean he’s innocent. Says Diamond isn’t above suspicion just because Jenny was attacking her.

#289: Lists those who Jenny did not mention (all of whom are now proven innocents except me). Says that from this list, she most suspects Kitanna. Wonders about Zali’s statement that Jenny was too good of a player, since Zali didn’t seem to make much of a case against her.

#290: Lists the vote count, wonders who we haven’t heard from so far.

#293: Summarizes Kitanna’s actions so far.

#294: Analyzes summary on Kitanna. Says she seems careful and she’d like to hear more from her.

#295: Says that only [B]Legolas iS[/U] hasn’t posted yet.

#300: Warns Zali to be careful about what she says, if she really is the Ranger, as the orcs might figure out whom she’s going to protect.

#302: Votes for Kitanna; mistakes closing time as an hour earlier.

#305: Says it doesn’t really matter that she mistook the time, as her opinion probably won’t change.

#309: Asks Grendelien if she has anything to add, since she’s here.

#312: Decries self-voters, saying that if Kitanna truly is innocent, she’d help the village more by trying to prove that than by helping to lynch herself. Says that it actually makes her look more like an orc trying to bluff her way out of dying.

#315: In response to Nogrod’s analysis of Caran, points out that two quotes of mine which Nogrod said are contradictory aren’t.

#318: Responds to Nogrod’s response.

#319: Relists vote count.

#331: Lists those who have already voted.

#333: Urges those left to vote to hurry. (There are a couple more posts like this, so I’ll just leave them out).

#336: Defends herself against Findeasea’s accusations. Says she thinks she has been contributing a great deal.

My thoughts: It’s funny, I only noticed this because in one of her early posts, she asked if she could call me “Caran”, but I noticed that she calls Grendelien “Gren” when no one else has. Perhaps she didn’t feel like typing in the whole name, or perhaps she got used to the “Gren” thing PM-ing the Night before…

What really strikes me, though, is her apparent helpfulness, while she really says very little besides poking holes in people’s theories and generally promoting confusion.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #463
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Grendelien, how do you know we can trust Celuien?

This is likely the last post I can make today, sorry. (Visiting friends). I don't know if I trust Grendelien or Zali. By all accounts, Zali shouldn't be alive. It's possible that this is just a last chance attempt by the Orcs to protect their own and force the real protector out into the open. Certainly we wouldn't suspect again until it was too late. I urge the village to be careful in trusting these two. Something about this is a little too convenient.

++Zali

I can't believe she would be the real ranger and still alive after this.

Edit: Cross posted with last three.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #464
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Roa!

You are either too sincere, or then a frustrated wolf. And I really can't say which, for now...

But I must say, that vote of yours looks very suspicious! For your chance of being right seems to be 1/32. Well, that's a chance - and we should not openly outrule it, but still, I wouldn't bet on it...

Must come back to reading this.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #465
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Btw. Roa (again)

The only good reason to kill Zali tonight is another ranger-revelation. You know that as well as we others know it... So why this vote?

Or maybe it's you two? As you see, suspicions are easy to throw at people. I would like to see better. But still, I do not like Roa's sudden vote at all.

I try to make something like a Sherlock Holmes -puzzle, trying to cross-examine different possible pairs. It might take a while, but I'll keep my eye open and see the thread every now and then.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #466
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Triple posting: Where are you people?

So what do we know now about us people?

Now living:
Caranlondien: aspiring harpist
Nogrod: unemployed barber.
Grendelien: village whittler
Celuien:lampwright
Zali: stringer-of-bows
Naria:The grower of magnificent flowers
Sleepy: A barrel of apples
Roa_Aoife: aspiring ballad writer

“revelations” (by):
day1 not known (Shaman)
day2 Jenny –orc (Zali)
day3 Sleepy – innocent (Nogrod)
day4 Nogrod - innocent (Naria)
day5 Zali – innocent (Grendelien)

This looks somewhat trustworthy, as those dreams have criss-crossed each others. There is always the "maybe", but the probability of an orc having a dream of another orc is quite low...

If we would trust the dreamers too (from 3/4 to 2/3 probabilities), it would leave us with the unknowns:
Caran, Celuien, Roa...

As I am kind of “double credited” (shaman wanted to see, whether I was fooling with my revelation). It leaves the situation of the dreamers as Naria being a bit less suspicious than Grendelien – but that’s only mathematics, not anything we should jump for at this point...

But then people getting over each other – or defending them.

There is a nice threesome, that looks quite convincingly innocent to me now (it could be two orcs using an ordo to come along with them, of course).

That is Grendelien – Zali – Celuien.

Celuien’s depiction of her actions match with my suspicions – I thought she was taking the role of a shaman as the situation made it possible (I myself thought of adding to the confusion among the orcs by “revealing” myself as the shaman on DAY4 – I checked, that I could have had a convincing case: Celuien was first on all my innocent-lists DAY1, so that could have been the shaman-hint, if I would have been dead after NIGHT1 – happily or not, Naria’s revealment kind of undid my possibilities of doing it, as no shaman dreams of himself...), and I have tried to back her up ever since. She seems very logical in her twists and turns with this shaman impersonation – and possibly has pulled the leg of those orcs for a couple of times... (killing Diamond as believing her being protected + trying her last night)

She has the theory of orcs going after Spawn the first two nights, because the open suspicion on Roa (by Spawn, that is). That is believable, if what Zali tells us is true, that she defended Spawn the first night. (Btw. she also trusts Naria.)

Zali admitted protecting Celuien last night. If she’s the real ranger, she wouldn’t lie. So if there is no rivalling ranger claim, we should believe her – and thence believe Celuien also... Of course there might be some wolfish thing here, but, wait for Grendelien... (Btw. She is declaring to vote for Naria.)

Grendelien dreamt of Zali last night. Added, that we could trust Celuien as well. Somewhat she is also seeing Roa a bit less suspicious. If she would be an orc, she probably wouldn't have told us about Zali's innocence - had she the dream! An orc, having an innocent dream today, would just have shut her mouth? Or tried to confuse us by being seemingly helpful...

I’ll come with more in a minute (½ hour or something...)
Old 04-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #467
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom
And since you asked, I protected Celuien last Night.
Thank you, Zali!

(See. I told you all I was was innocent. )

If you'll excuse me for about 45 minutes, I just got home from work, and would like to make myself some dinner before immersing myself in village business once again.

Roa continues to be my main suspect, in case you're wondering.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #468
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

If, what I wrote, makes sense...

We have “proven” innocents:
Sleepy: I know that, as I got the PM
Nogrod: dreamt by Naria
Zali: dreamt by Grendelien & giving us a wolf

We might have some reason to believe on the innocence of:
Celuien: reasonable pattern of behaviour, backed by Zali

Somewhat innocent, although a bit unnervingly:
Grendelien: revealing Zali dream – might play also?

Naria: revealing my innocence, first today suspecting Zali & Grend – after revealment leaving both out of speculation, says had seen Celuien as a ranger and played along by suspecting her – trying to cover her path?

Totally unknown = detached from this revelation stuff:
Roa: some good arguments on behalf her innocence (the anxiety over Diamond...), some odd things to have done – f.ex. today: first saying, that she’s traveling today and not back until the last hours + promising to have something interesting to say then. Next call in: vote for Zali + saying visiting friends. If Celuien-theory is right: she's a wolf.

Caranlodien: Played well and intelligently. Today somewhat confusing (might be understandable - I am confused too): First suspects Zali & Celuien's thought of Naria being innocent. Then saying orcs are Naria, Roa or Grendelien (all suspicious) – adding that Grend is not so much so. Next suspecting Roa by the way she addressed Grendelien as Grend just by that and wasked permission to use Caran from her...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-21-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #469
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

So my top suspicions at the moment (not reflected through, but now), at the order of suspicion, and at relative distance away from each other...

Naria / Roa

Caranlodien

Grendelien

Relatively assured of innocence:
Celuien

Zali

So the highest is the most suspicious, the lowest the least, regarding the whole list... But really: I don't know about these relative merits, this is just a hunch based on reasoning (=everyone's playing well)

PS. Remember: I may be somewhat skilled in bringing forward points or theories, but my hunches are bad indeed (in four WW-games this far, I have been proven right twice - or three times: and you just wonder the number of cases from which these three must be deducted... )

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-21-2006 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added an explanation before the PS.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #470
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

(Lovely, lovely chicken, rice, string beans and garlic bread. )

Where was I? Right. I'll borrow Nogrod's format and present my suspect list, in order:

Roa
Caranlondien

Naria

Grendelien

Proven innocent:

Zali
Nogrod
Sleepy
Me (check out the math below)

I'll start out with Grendelien, as my least suspicious un-proven innocent.

Throughout the game, Grendelien has been insightful and helpful. I think revealing the dream to some extent confirms her innocence. I'll posit that an Orc in receipt of a dream about Zali would be hesitant to reveal it (choosing instead to remain silent - no way for us to know who got the dream and was Orcishly holding out even if the Shaman did come forward and list who was dreamt of) because that dream gave two confirmed innocents: Zali and me. There's no way for me to be an Orc if Zali guarded me. And if you want to go with the highly spurious theory that Zali is not what she claims to be, by the way, I'm still exonerated, because that theory requires Grendelien to lie as well, which would make Zali and Grendelien the last two Orcs. All three of us couldn't be lying. But that's probably the nuttiest argument that could be made right now in the abscene of an alternative Ranger claimant appearing at a fairly critical point.

No matter how you slice it, Grendelien's revealing the dream increases the pool of knowns significantly and greatly narrows the field of Orc suspects.

Therefore, because Grendelien narrowed the unknown pool to herself, Naria, Caran and Roa, I find her most probably innocent.

As for Naria, I've already made my case about her. Nogrod and Zali - there's a very good reason for her to have suspected me yesterday, and for her to have voiced suspicion of you, Zali. For that reason, I'm a bit hesitant to vote for her. See if you can work out what that reason is. I'm curious to see if you come to the same conclusion if you work from the idea that she's innocent. I could be all wet, but you never know...

Which leaves Roa and Caran. Actually, besides my process of elimination, the two of them seemed oddly coordinated in their attack on me today. Almost as if they'd worked it out beforehand. Notice that both of them react strongly to my list of remaining unknowns. Of the two, Roa is still my top suspect because of what I said before, and because of this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc Aoife
Grendelien, how do you know we can trust Celuien?

This is likely the last post I can make today, sorry. (Visiting friends). I don't know if I trust Grendelien or Zali. By all accounts, Zali shouldn't be alive. It's possible that this is just a last chance attempt by the Orcs to protect their own and force the real protector out into the open. Certainly we wouldn't suspect again until it was too late. I urge the village to be careful in trusting these two. Something about this is a little too convenient.

(plusses removed by me)Zali

I can't believe she would be the real ranger and still alive after this.
As I've said before, it makes no sense at this point for Zali not to be the Ranger. The real one would/should have come forward by now. And how can she seriously continue to imply suspicion of me with that opening question if she also believes that Zali is not the Ranger, and that Grendelien by extension is the second Orc? 3>2.

And so my vote, once again, goes to

++ROA_AOIFE

PS to Sleepy;
Quote:
I don't have the time to post a good post right now but I just wanted to tell Celuien that she did a good job playing along. Just a note to everyone, if I really thought she was the shaman I wouldn't have said it.
Thanks. I sort of figured that's what you were up to. Quite an inspiration.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #471
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Today's vote:

Roa --> Zali (Zali 1)

Where are you?

Without another ranger's dream, we should not kill Zali... = my voting for someone else wouldn't matter, as Zali has had the first vote...

EDIT: X-posted with Celuien
Old 04-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #472
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Where are you?
Oh, I'm here. Just a slow typer.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #473
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

As we seem to not have seen any rivalling ranger claims, I'm believing the innocence of Zali and by that way, of Celuien (her good argumets were a kind of affirmation to me).

So. Maybe I was wrong with Roa last night (**hatestoadmit**)? Maybe her apparent distress about Diamond's (innocent!) life was just a fake one? I'm not totally easy with this one, but then again, Celuien's (supposedly innocent) theory on Spawn seership would point quite openly to Roa...

Twenty minutes, and wants to hear from you others too.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #474
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Roa's last post has me worried...and not just because she voted for me. Maybe I seem a little defensive, but it is, as you all must know, very difficult when you know you are innocent and others just don't see reason.

That said, I am in agreement with Nogrod about the order of my suspicion--My top two are Roa and Naria.

Naria's most recent post looks like a hasty cover-up to me, a quick back-tread in an attempt to avoid suspicion...Something about this doesn't feel quite right.

And I must say that Roa's vote for me lacks decisive proof that Grendelien's dream should not be trusted, and her main reason for lynching me in particular is that I have been alive for too long, and suggests that my continued survival is an orc plot to get the real ranger to come forward.

Well. I think that Roa is playing more dangerously, and I'm still not sure quite how she managed to escape the noose yesterday. So I will be voting for her, unless something changes in the remaining 20 or so minutes we have in the game.

Edited to fix time--my clock is fast.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #475
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Roa --> Zali (Zali 1)
Celuien --> Roa (Zali 1, Roa 1)
Old 04-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #476
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Well. I think that Roa is playing more dangerously, and I'm still not sure quite how she managed to escape the noose yesterday.
Well there is an answer to that... I was there, believing Roa's troubledness in front of Diamond being killed. And if she is a wolf - which I'm inclined to believe now. I'll just have to bow to her: wonderful performance!
Old 04-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #477
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Ok. Why are we hiding?

I'll go for it, and try to make well my last night...

++ Roa
Old 04-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #478
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Ok, my clock is majorly freaking me out--I keep thinking I only have about 5 minutes, so I'm just going to vote now...though I'd like to hear from Sleepy, who hasn't shown up since his early post--this isn't like him.

I'm voting

++ROA

today, for reasons already outlined in my previous post.

And if I'm dead toMorrow, keep an eye on Naria, since I think she's the other orc.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #479
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Gah! I just got back, I was afraid I wasn't going to make it....are we not voting for another hour? (I always get it wrong)
Old 04-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #480
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
And if I'm dead toMorrow, keep an eye on Naria, since I think she's the other orc.
Will do.

Truly great Rangering, Zali.