The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #481
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, looks like it's more or less between two toDay. We could lynch another, but I doubt that the voters who are left are going to do that.

Right now I'm thinking I'll probably vote for Saucepan Man. Largely because of his strangeness toDay and his flip-floppishness concerning me, Firefoot and Kath these last two Days.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #482
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
The trouble is, I'm not sure that a Wolf-Sauce would be flip-floppish... I think he'd be more collected than this.

I would be willing to vote for someone other than Sauce (or myself)...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #483
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Well, looks like it's more or less between two toDay. We could lynch another, but I doubt that the voters who are left are going to do that.
Ha ha! I have you now, varlet!

By implication-"Well, now that it looks like I can slither out of being a candidate..."

You will not escape the length of this Scots claymore, o poltroon of the plank. This is simply too transparent, especially when we think of your oh-so-piteous Johnny Depp moment earlier.

Ye who intimated against Eomer. Voted safely. Then, by my faith, arrant rogue, ye did slay him after nightfall if I see the signs aright.

Ye who slink till the dying embers of eve to leave your mark.

Ye who thought to sentence Holby to death to free the comrade, Rune, ye helped slay the day after-perhaps thinking him Lovelorn.

You who trampled on the visage of the slain Glirdan when the combat was done.

Nay, ye shall not evade my grasp.

++GURTHANG
Old 07-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #484
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

And Gurthang's one of those I haven't had the chance to look at more closely yet. Oh, that didn't make this any easier...
Old 07-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #485
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Durelin has latterly (and then) been heavily playing the "Don't Kill Me, I'm Hapless" card.
Actually, I tend to always play the "It Would Be Funny If You Killed Me" card.

Perhaps that's why I enjoyed my time spent making shoes so much.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #486
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Ang... you're not making sense. The case you have just brought up has been around for awhile now. Why do you all of a sudden bring it out? Come to think of it, didn't you vote for Firefoot also yesterday; what happened to that suspicion? I don't think that the sentence I uttered incriminates me any more than what you just did points to you being evil. Quite frankly, I think the opposite.

Unfortunately, as much as that makes me think you might be a wolf, I don't think you're gonna get lynched toDay. Especially since no one, including myself, has suspected you at all.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #487
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, as you all know, last time I was well and functioning, I was more suspicious of Gurthang than I am of anybody at the moment and so clearly, of the current choices on offer, I can only do one thing:

++GURTHANG

Today I have barely been able to read through stuff posted, so everyone's suspicions of Firefoot and Saucie might be very well-founded for all I know. But I just can't get rid of my bad feeling about Gurth and what he said about sacrificing himself for Saucie - and now he actually wants to vote for Saucie. For flip-flopping, forsooth! It's too weird and I still think he's a wolf.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #488
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

++Saucepan Man

I really, really hope he's a wolf... and it seems my best choice. I'll have to look at Gurthang and Ang tomorrow.

Cross-posting with Lal.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #489
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry to elaborate, I have read through everything but I haven't been able to process and analyse it for myself in the way that I'd like to have done before voting.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #490
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Come to think of it, didn't you vote for Firefoot also yesterday; what happened to that suspicion?
Sorry, Wolfang old chap, it must be very disappointing for you. Out of the blue, I stop reliably supporting the damoiselle you are attempting to pin down and vote for you instead. Most disheartening. I'd offer you some whisky, but I think you and your friends already drank it some time ago when you slew our Seer...
Old 07-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #491
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Well, at least someone around here's consistant. (Speaking of Lalaith)

++The Saucepan Man

See one of my earlier posts for my reasoning.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #492
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #493
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

++Firefoot

Gurthang - you're next.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #494
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Not sure what the "" is supposed to mean...
Old 07-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #495
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

1. Saucepan-->Firefoot
2. TGWBS-->Firefoot
3. Kath-->Saucepan
4. Taliesin-->Saucepan
5. Anguirel-->Gurthang
6. Lalaith-->Gurthang
7. Firefoot-->Saucepan
8. Gurthang-->Saucepan
9. Durelin-->Firefoot

That's a lot of bandwagons for a single Day. I'll be looking at this through the Night.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #496
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Day is over now... Narration will be up soon.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #497
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I suspect some of our voters are already ruing their decisions. Our friend the plank operator has as good as revealed himself as a Wolf.

Firefoot, I reckon that was general frustration. I reciprocate it.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #498
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Day 6 Events

From the start of the Day, it seemed the dislike and enmity among the passengers had grown considerably since their failed attempt to lynch a wolf yesterDay. Now reprieved from the comic relief the drunken sailor offered and the carefree attitude of the bartender, including all the precious rum, the atmosphere was grim and vengeful.

“Mr. Sir Saucepanwolf Horatio Goosey Potboiler is taking far too much control here. He is evil, he blames me, and I don’t like it,” growled Taliesin, not quite recovered from the shock that morning.

“Indeed,” said Durelin. “He should have been death by now.”

“That’s not very reasonable at all,” Sir Horatio pointed out. “After all, they have been killing the known innocents off since Night 3.”

“Good point,” said Durelin doubtfully.

“Well, no matter,” said Kath. “Those with authority should in any case be blamed first.”

“Yes, I agree. I suspect you, Kath. Let’s kill Firefoot,” said Friedrich Engels.

“Huh?” asked Firefoot.

“Well, good,” said Gurthang. “At least I’m no lynching target today.”

Immediately Anguirel jumped up. “Ye are asking for it, ye plank operator.”

“I always said we should be looking at Gurthang,” said Lalaith smugly. “I quite forgot why, but it seems consistent.”

In the end however, Sir Horatio seemed to have gathered the most suspicion. While still raging about the obvious guilt of Firefoot and Kath, he was slowly being driven into a corner.

“Halt,” said Sir Horatio, suddenly nervous. “There is an obvious flaw in this system of justice. Can I not request a duel? An ordeal to prove my innocence? Um, how about a penalty fine, eh?”

“There’s no justice system for wolves,” said Gurthang.

“Don’t worry – being an outlaw ain’t so bad as it appears. Well, unless you’re up for the chop,” said Taliesin.

*Honk*. Suddenly, from the shadows, Sir Horatio’s Goose reappeared. *Honk* told you he was guilty, *honk*.

“Oh dear,” said Sir Horatio. “Not you again.”

*Honk* evil itself, evil itself, continued Goosey Gander.

“I thought I’d boiled you up for dinner just now?” said Sir Horatio, more to himself. “How awfully strange.” He walked towards the galley, as the passengers exchanged worried looks.

He entered, followed in his wake by his ex-comrade Goosey Gander. In the middle of the galley, a huge kettle full of boiling water stood unattended. Uncertainly, Sir Horatio approached closer, still looking suspiciously at the Goose behind him.

“See!” he said, once he had come close enough. “You are in here. That means you can not possibly be out there; ergo, your testimony holds no value.”

The passengers looked around disturbed.

“Weren’t we about to lynch him?” asked Durelin under her breath.

“What are we waiting for?” said Gurthang impatiently. With a decisive shove, he pushed Sir Horatio Potboiler head forward into the kettle. He never got the chance to scream or protest as he plunged into the boiling water. Moments later, a delicious smell wafted through the ship’s kitchen. There was no trace of burned hair or stained fangs. Fearing the worst, it was Firefoot who finally pulled the poor Rear-Admiral out. The upper body of Sir Horatio was covered in nasty looking blisters and he was, without a doubt, pretty dead. Also, pretty innocent and ordinary.

“Eurgh,” said Lalaith. “Gruesome.”

Terrified, the passengers retreated for the Night. Again, they had failed to find a wolf.

--

Captain Cailín’s Log

Signed,

Durelin

~The dead ~
Nogrodsub-mod, ripped into pieces of flesh and bones by the werewolves on Night1
Cailínmod, forced to walk the plank at the end of Night1/ the beginning of Day1
Nilpaurion Felagundranger, lynched himself at the end of Day1
Eomer of the Rohirrim ordinary passenger, replaced the main topmast during Night2
Lhunardawen - ordinary passenger, overcame her seasickness by force at the end of Day2.
JennyHallu - Hunter
Formendacil - ordinary passenger
Mormegil - ordinary passenger, found fault in the ship's structure at the end of Day3
Holbytlass - Seer, killed by the wolves during Night 4
Diamond18 - ordinary passenger, brutally devoured by Screaming Eels
Rune Son of Bjarne - Wolf, pierced by Durelin's dagger at the end of Day 4
Findëasëa - ordinary passenger, ripped in pieces in shower during Night5
Glirdan - ordinary passenger, struck down by liquor at the end of Day 5
Caranlondienordinary passenger, poured and minced into a barrell of rum during Night6
Saucepan Manordinary passenger, attacked and subsequently boiled together with Goosey Gander at the end of Day 6

~The living ~
Durelin -- eye-borrowing Jounin instructor
Kath -- plotting slave
Lalaith -- Football Widow
Firefoot -- wandering traveller with a dog that dislikes pirates

Gurthang -- Plank Operator
Taliesin -- criminal who was set adrift
Sir Anguirel Spens (Anguirel)
Friedrich Engels (the guy who be short)

Night 7 has now started. Wolves, please PM your kill choice to Nogrod and me. Others... sleep tight.

Last edited by Cailín; 07-02-2006 at 12:50 AM. Reason: eeps! a living dead-person!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #499
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Private property is sacred, as is the status quo of the society. There is a fixed human nature that is an abstract thing that cannot be changed.

Friedrich Engels was having nightmares. It had to be the Devil himself that was upon him, but then again, Devil was a creation of christianity and as a materialist he couldn’t believe in His existence either. So who was whispering to him these atrocities?

You know, the liberal laissez-faire market economy allows the maximum freedom?

“Rubbish!!! Free competition doesn’t free individuals – it merely sets capital free to exploit workers!” he yelled and rised up on his bed. To his horror he seemed to have guests, totally uninvited – and they were terrifying guests, even more terrifying than a nobleman. For some reason, he couldn’t just find the courage or reason to call them ‘capitalistic swine’, it felt somewhat inappropriate at the moment.

“So, a dictatorial republic we crave for? How nice. We seem to be having a similar goal?” grinned the biggest one.

“You’re wrong to think us denying it, we would love it!” seconded the smallest one.

“But you are right about the arrogant innocents”, echoed the third one, openly delighted.

Friedrich Engels gatherd all his courage and shouted out loud: “Viva la révolution!” he took some breath as the biggest one approached him and yelled from the bottom of his lungs: “Liberté, Égalité, Fraterni..!!!” His call was brutally broken off by a sharp fang that cut his tongue out. He fell back on his bed, in total shock caused by the pain. He turned hysterically around the bed for a second, but then felt strong “hands” hoisting him up.

“Revolution or reform? Hmm, that’s the question?”, ridiculed the smallest one.

“Weren’t you the one of you pals who counted on the slow revolution?” queried the third one, continuing immediately: “I suppose you know what 'revolution' means, don’t you?” It was almost giggling.

“Okay ruffians, let’s’ show this bourgeois how he becomes an actual proletariat revolving around the ship, like in the old days!” called the biggest one and took Friedrich Engels on it’s shoulder.

They sneaked up to the deck. The smallest one and the third one prepared the ropes, tying them to the wheel which they initially turned to the farthest possible position – and with an ingenious system that made use of the pulleys on the masts, they crerated a round going rope-loop powered by the steady wind that was pushing them forwards. The whole ship started going in circles with ropes revolving around it the same time.

“Here’s some revolution for you. Feel it and enjoy. You are the centerpiece of this little revolution here”, smiled the biggest one, as it was tying Friedrich Engels to the rope.

So down he went with the loop, under the ship’s keel and after a while came up again from the other side. The movement was slow and pushed his lungs to their limits.

“Happy reform, good friend” jeered the smallest one as Friedrich Engels revolved over the deck the first time.

“Let’s take our time”, mocke the third one as he came up the second time, half-dead already.

“Let’s go to sleep, he won’t make it many more rounds”, said the biggest one calmly and went down to the cabins, followed by the other two.

In the morning the passengers met the heart-sinking sight. The lifeless body of Friedrich Engels was revolving slowly around the ship that was making circles.

“This is so terrible” muttered Kath in anguish.

“Planks are somewhat humane, compared to this” bewailed Gurthang.

“Even Jounin could not help him now” regretted Durelin.

“Oh, for heaven’s sake, take him down!” called Sir Anguirel Spens. “Have some decency!”

----------------------------
Captain Cailín's log

In some situations, even Zidane can't help you...

The wolves.
----------------------------

~The dead ~
Nogrod – sub-mod, ripped into pieces of flesh and bones by the werewolves on Night1
Cailín – mod, forced to walk the plank at the end of Night1/ the beginning of Day1
Nilpaurion Felagund – ranger, lynched himself at the end of Day1
Eomer of the Rohirrim – ordinary passenger, replaced the main topmast during Night2
Lhunardawen - ordinary passenger, overcame her seasickness by force at the end of Day2.
JennyHallu - Hunter
Formendacil - ordinary passenger
Mormegil - ordinary passenger, found fault in the ship's structure at the end of Day3
Holbytlass - Seer, killed by the wolves during Night 4
Diamond18 - ordinary passenger, brutally devoured by Screaming Eels
Rune Son of Bjarne - Wolf, pierced by Durelin's dagger at the end of Day 4
Findëasëa - ordinary passenger, ripped in pieces in shower during Night5
Glirdan - ordinary passenger, struck down by liquor at the end of Day 5
Caranlondien – ordinary passenger, poured and minced into a barrell of rum during Night6
Saucepan Man – ordinary passenger, attacked and subsequently boiled together with Goosey Gander at the end of Day 6
Friedrich Engels (the guy who be short) - ordinary passenger, drowned while revolving around the ship's keel during Night7

~The living ~
Durelin -- eye-borrowing Jounin instructor
Kath -- plotting slave
Lalaith -- Football Widow
Firefoot -- wandering traveller with a dog that dislikes pirates

Gurthang -- Plank Operator
Taliesin -- criminal who was set adrift
Sir Anguirel Spens (Anguirel)

Day7 begins. May the winds be with you!

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-02-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #500
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

1. Saucepan-->Firefoot (Firefoot 1)
2. TGWBS-->Firefoot (Firefoot 2)
3. Kath-->Saucepan (Firefoot 2, Saucepan 1)
4. Taliesin-->Saucepan (Firefoot 2, Saucepan 2)
5. Anguirel-->Gurthang (Firefoot 2, Saucepan 2, Gurthang 1)
6. Lalaith-->Gurthang (Firefoot 2, Saucepan 2, Gurthang 2)
7. Firefoot-->Saucepan (Firefoot 2, Saucepan 3, Gurthang 2)
8. Gurthang-->Saucepan (Firefoot 2, Saucepan 4, Gurthang 2)
9. Durelin-->Firefoot (Firefoot 3, Saucepan 4, Gurthang 2)

First off, Ang, I still wonder about that vote of yours. It seemed rather out of the blue to me.

Other than that, the votes that look suspicious are Taliesin's and Firefoot's. Taliesin and Saucepan had quite an arguement yesterday, each accusing the other of being the ordo lover. Quite frankly, as much as I became suspicious of him, Saucepan might have been right. Now that we know he is innocent, Taliesin might be one to look at. It also intrigues me that the wolves did not kill him, considering that he is a 'known' innocent.

Firefoot, who came up second yesterday, has been suspected by almost everyone. I've not gotten a chance to look at her yet, but I might do that before the Day is too far gone.

I'm still pretty lost in this whole mess. I usually can get a slight grasp on what's going on, but I just can't seem to get anywhere. I'm gonna go have a bit of a think.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #501
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Oh, hey, guess what village, I just realized we're screwed!

That's right. Screwed. I don't know which of you other peeps left is innocent (there are only two of you... just TWO!), but there is now no possible way we can win.

There are now 7 people left. That's just 6 deaths, since the lovers die together. We would have to lynch 3 evil people to win, and we don't have enough Days left to do it. Saying one dies each Day and Night for the next two Days and two Nights, that leaves us with a nice threesome left that last Day. What's that, you say? What if it's two innocents and a wolf? It can't be. Because it would have to be the lovers left that last Day for there to be three. So they would win. If it's not the lovers, than that means an extra person would have died, and we're left with a wolf and an innocent, so the wolves win.

So, yeah, we're pretty much just hanging out... with no chance to win. That bites. Sucks to be Durelin(if she's innocent), cause this has happened to her before.

I'm tempted to vote now, just, well because it doesn't matter anymore. But I want to stick around and see if I can screw up something later on.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #502
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

No, there is a way we can do it - it requires the wolves to pick the innocent Lover to kill, though. Not exactly a great position.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #503
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
No, there is a way we can do it - it requires the wolves to pick the innocent Lover to kill, though. Not exactly a great position.
Oooh. Hadn't considered that.

Well, it's out of our hands in any case. So we might as well have some fun with it. Eh, Lover. *

*Smilies indicate: the tongue to poke fun at the poeple who think Firefoot and I are really lovers, the wink to say I'm joking, and the rolling eyes because there will invariably be people who think I'm not joking. (And I'd place another tongue here for them, but it's not allowed.)
Old 07-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #504
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Finally someone realizes it: it sucks to be me.

Firefoot
Kath
Ang

I believe those to be the three remaining wolves.

Hmm, I wonder why Taliesin isn't dead...

Innocents - I say we lynch Kath.

Lovers - Help us get rid of a wolf.

A late vote might be better if the wolves keep their voting scattered (with a lover wolf among them, that might happen). An early vote would only be helpful if the innocents all agreed who was a wolf, since tied votes go to the first one to get to the tied amount.

Oh, and Gurthang, whatever you are...stop being a smilie-abusing ninny.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #505
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I must vote rather early toDay.

(RL time - sometime later tonight or early tomorrow morning, EST.)

It really does suck to be me...and no, I will not let that go!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #506
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Welll, I'm not sure why Taliesin isn't dead, but at least we don't have to deal with him. He's either ordo or innocent lover; the former, we don't want to kill him, the latter, if we kill him we're dead. So there's no point in dealing with him.

That leaves Durelin, Kath, Lalaith, Ang, and Gurthang (and me) - a rather ambiguous set of individuals, I'd say. Whichever ones of you turns out to be wolves, I don't think I'll be terribly surprised. You all look suspicious. But I'm too tired right now to figure out who's most suspicious.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:40 PM   #507
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Well... it's very... quiet.

*Looks across ship's deck. A tumbleweed (from nowhere) blows across the vacant timbers.*

What? Are you people afraid to speak up now? Just because we're as good as dead doesn't mean we have to be quiet just yet.

And look at the bright side: ( ) As Firefoot points out, we can take out Taliesin, and then we have a downright jolly fifty-fifty chance of getting a wolf. Hoo-ray.

I'm going to bed now. Maybe something interesting will happen. Like the mod will just decide that the ship hits a rock and sinks and we all die. Hey, we could even have a tragic Titanic Lovers scene.

Last edited by Gurthang; 07-02-2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: I had a smilie that I didn't want. Got to watch that smilie-abuse!
Gurthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #508
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Nope, Gurthang - Firefoot was saying the opposite, she correctly pointed out that Tali must stay alive. And you seem to want to kill him...interesting.
I must go now, will be back much later this Day.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:29 AM   #509
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*points up*
Sorry. Too early in the morning for me. I thought at first you meant, when you said "take out Taliesin" that you meant kill him. I now see what you did mean.
But I still think you're a wolf.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #510
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Rather interesting that Gurthang makes reference to people accusing him of being Firefoot's Lover...I don't recall anyone positing anything of the kind...at least not by Day. O, Master Wolf, have you just made a slip among all your huffing and puffing...?

Neither did I realise the situation was altogether as hopeless as Gurthwolf makes out. If we lynch the lovers today, the wolves kill an innocent and win. If we lynch a wolf today...the innocent Lover will be impossible to kill by night...so the Wolves will compromise on another innocent...which leaves two wolves out of five, one passenger Lover, two innocents...okay, you're right.

Blast. We are caught between the Devil and the deep blue sea, indeed.

Well...errrr...shall we have a vote on whether we prefer a Wolf victory or a Lover victory? I'm for a Lover victory myself. Wolf wins are rather passe and indeed happen most of the time. Lover victories are once in a blue moon. And as long as the Lovers win, the village can claim a share in victory, I suppose.

Besides, the Lovers can coexist with one passenger. Coo-eee, love-birds, can I be your best man?

That said:

++GURTHANG

Even were his actions as pure and innocent as the wind-driven snow, his dramatic postures practically condemn him by themselves. His frequent "Not that it matters anymore at this stage" votes. His invocation of Jack Sparrow when his lynching was possible but not probable. His insistence on syphoning our energies into the Sauce-Firefoot duel ("Well, it looks like everyone's going to vote for one of those two *sotto voce* so I'm safe.") which you can surely see by now was a barren clash between innocents.

Gurthang's actions are often quite mild singly, but they fit together into a larger and more profound picture.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:50 AM   #511
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Hey! I'm winning! Err... oh, I guess that's bad, isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Rather interesting that Gurthang makes reference to people accusing him of being Firefoot's Lover...I don't recall anyone positing anything of the kind...at least not by Day. O, Master Wolf, have you just made a slip among all your huffing and puffing...?
Well, that deserves a .

Quote:
Well...errrr...shall we have a vote on whether we prefer a Wolf victory or a Lover victory? I'm for a Lover victory myself. Wolf wins are rather passe and indeed happen most of the time. Lover victories are once in a blue moon. And as long as the Lovers win, the village can claim a share in victory, I suppose.

Besides, the Lovers can coexist with one passenger. Coo-eee, love-birds, can I be your best man?
I thought that they'd just kill the extra passenger. And, quite frankly my dear Anguirel, "this ship cannot be crewed by two men. You'll never make it."

Quote:
Even were his actions as pure and innocent as the wind-driven snow, his dramatic postures practically condemn him by themselves. His frequent "Not that it matters anymore at this stage" votes. His invocation of Jack Sparrow when his lynching was possible but not probable. His insistence on syphoning our energies into the Sauce-Firefoot duel ("Well, it looks like everyone's going to vote for one of those two *sotto voce* so I'm safe.") which you can surely see by now was a barren clash between innocents.
Well, as a matter of fact we don't know about Firefoot's innocence, except for her... and the other wolves if she is a wolf... or the wolvish lover if she is the ordo-lover. Oh, and the PotC quotes really make me look guilty? <insert another rolleyes smilie here>*

*Sorry, Durelin. <insert tongue smilie here>
Old 07-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #512
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

++Kath

Help me...
Old 07-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #513
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A mysterious voice sounds from the sky...

I know it does seem unlikely and you innocents are all despairing... but in theory each party (including the Ordinary Passengers) can still win! Do not give up!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #514
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

In theory. Ahem.

But if a wolf is lynched, then an innocent will die tomorrow night and then either the Lovers or the Wolves will win the next day depending on the lynching.

If an innocent is lynched the wolves will win.

If we Lovers (yes, I said that) are lynched, the wolves win.

I still say: do the crew of this ship want two patently obvious, standard-issue wolves named Gurthang and Kath to ruthlessly conquer?

Or do they want two desperate, doomed, but hopelessly in love people, who don't mean any harm but are powerless in the grip of destiny, called Anguirel and Lalaith to scrape through despite the odds stacked against them?

These are the only options left, because the Lovers will not be slain tonight unless two true wolves live and if two true wolves live then they'll have won already.

Lynch anyone but Gurthang or Kath and those two Wolves win. Lynch one of them (and to do that you must combine all your votes hence on one of the bandwagons-and I'd rather it were Gurthang) and we promise amnesty to one passenger. We don't really want to kill you anyway.

We just want to live together in happiness and peace. Won't you help us, my friends?

Amor vincit omnia

Sir Anguirel Spens, Knight and True Lover of the beauteous, chaste and peerless damoiselle Lalaith
Old 07-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #515
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*blushes prettily*

What he just said.

++GURTHANG
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #516
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Thankyou, my beloved lady. It is now imperative that anyone seeking, for whatever reason, to avoid an outright wolvish victory today vote for Gurthang. We can worry about his accomplice Kath later.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #517
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

So what happens if we lynch a wolf, and then the two remaining wolves (one lover, one not) absolutely can't make a decision? Because obviously, if they took out an ordo, the lovers would win; if they took out the lovers... well, I guess the ordos would win because we would just lynch the last wolf. No kill? Then it would be:

One wolf
One lover wolf
One lover
three ordos

So we kill the lovers, the wolf kills an ordo, and the two remaining ordos kill the wolf.

Well, the wolves don't win, as I see it. I guess it's sort of up to the wolves - do they want us afflicted ordos to win or the traitorous lovers?

And is there any way that Ang and Lalaith could be bluffing...? Gurthang and Kath aren't really the lovers - Ang and Lalaith wouldn't know the ordo lover in that case, right?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:05 AM   #518
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Firefoot, that strategem of yours relies on preferring the flimsy goodwill of a wolf to the intensity of true passion.

It also relies on the wolf in question preferring the triumph of the masses to the valiant gambit of we Lovers, the true underdogs.

I assure you that Lalaith is my lover. I mean, cast an eye over our Werewolfing history (and Survivor record, come to that)-we were obviously meant to be.

But in any case you, like us, need to lynch a wolf. Gurthang and Kath will resist such a move together if at all feasible so you need to go for Gurthang, who has got the more votes so far, to be safe.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #519
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

It's terribly romantic really, Der Rosenkavalier meets Company of Wolves.
But we can't expect the rest of the crew to understand. Tomorrow it will be quickest on the draw, I suppose.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #520
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I don't know. I'd far rather die in the cause of Love than in the cause of filling some wolf's belly, myself...