The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #521
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
(We can do it, right? Vote for the same people for different things?
I see no reason why not...

Captaincy:
Roa -> Gwath
Fea -> Lommy
Nerwen -> Nienna
Kath -> Lommy
Sally -> Kath
Gwath -> Lommy
Greenie -> Nienna
Loslote -> Lommy
Legate -> Nienna 3
Lommy -> Lommy 5

NG:
Roa -> Kath (INVALID VOTE)
Fea -> Greenie
Nerwen -> Gwath
Kath -> Fea
Sally -> Nienna
Gwath -> Loslote
Greenie -> Nerwen
Lommy -> Nerwen 2
Loslote -> Gwath 2
Legate -> Nienna 2

Lynching:
Roa -> Legate
Fea -> Roa
Kath -> Greenie
Legate -> Roa
Greenie -> Roa
Loslote -> Roa 4
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #522
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I don't know if I like Lommy's self-vote.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #523
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++lynch Fea

to give an alternative.

I can't pretend I have concrete evidence against her, but that doesn't mean I don't suspect her.

edit: xed
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #524
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Fea starting a Roa-wagon might actually point to her guilt.
I have been thinking the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
(Can't pretend I'm not enjoying this on some level, though... )
Horrible
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #525
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Well, it makes me feel awfully unoriginal, but Roa is the best lynch candidate that I can find at the moment. Unless I have a flash of insight in the next few minutes, I voting for her.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #526
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nienna, that was the only reasonable option for me in order to prevent having a full-power Captain.

xed with Legate and Gwath
Old 09-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #527
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I don't know if I like Lommy's self-vote.
At least personally, I don't think it would be any eyebrow-rising by itself. I can see an innocent Lommy doing that, only a Wolf Lommy would do the same with one more reason.

EDIT: again x-ed since my post
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #528
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
At least personally, I don't think it would be any eyebrow-rising by itself. I can see an innocent Lommy doing that, only a Wolf Lommy would do the same with one more reason.
Yeah... its not that I think she is particularly guilty, I'm just not convinced of her innocence. I hope she is innocent.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #529
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
(continued from thought process of my last post) It's not that I disagree with the points Roa's made against Legate, it's that I disagree with the case she makes out of those points. Plus her attempts to have me made Night-Guard and Captain have made me uneasy with her.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #530
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm leaning toward thinking Lommy's innocent. Fea's actions do seem a bit suspicious, but I'm not sure about her yet.

Last edited by Loslote; 09-26-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: xed with Gwath
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #531
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Fine, whatever.

++ROa
Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #532
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well it looks like whatever you people do (unless someone retracts) Roa will be lynched and I will be the Captain.

edit: xed with Gwath
Old 09-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #533
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok Lommy, my dear, I hope you are innocent.

++Captain Lommy

++NG Nerwen

++Roa
Old 09-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #534
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Ok Lommy, my dear, I hope you are innocent.
I know you can't take my word for it, but I am.

edit: oops, sorry modgrod
Old 09-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #535
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Time's up!

Stop posting.

Lommy will be the Captain (and choose a BG for herself - PM me about it).

Nerwen will be the NG.

Roa will be lynched.

And Greenie will die too...

The narration with the action and the revelation of roles will be here shortly...
Old 09-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #536
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

DAy 3

The Rangers started up in low spirits after their aroused hope had been cut off from them so suddenly and in such an evil way. To freeze to death in this weather was just a bit too concrete for them as they made their way in the blizzard. They went on silently, pushing through the snow.

But for the first time in a few days the weather actually started settling down a bit come afternoon. The blizzard changed slowly into a snowfall and the wind eased it’s grip making the cold a bit more bearable. And with the change of weather the minds of the Rangers changed as well – and they started talking once again.

Roa and Legate were now more or less openly against each other while the others mainly listened to them from aside trying to figure out what it was all about.

Finally Roa seemed to have enough of it all and went to the fore. “I’m not a fool. And I’m not going to start any wars here so I’ll go and scout forwards. If the most influential person here has decided I’m suspicious then be it. Live with that. But I’ll vote for him to be lynched.”

With that he went and soon disappeared into the snowfall.

The others went forward with their normal speed and mainly discussed Roa’s behaviour. They all thought it rash and hasty. What had happened to that valiant and reasonable man? Maybe he was a werewolf after all? Maybe he went ahead to prepare a trap for them? They should lynch him was the general agreement even if a few disagreed.

When the night started to crawl on them they finally saw a fire in the distance. Roa had set up a fire at the Dead Man’s Hollow as they had presumed.

“So you have come to lynch me then?” Roa yelled to them from a distance. “Well I’ve picked a suitable place for it.”

The Rangers dropped their packings and draw their swords.

“C’mon Roa, give yourself up and we’ll kill you quick and painlessly!” Fea shouted.

“Don’t try anything stupid Roa! There is no way you can overpower us all!” Legate called to him.

“And if you’re an innocent you don’t want to make things worse now do you?” Greenie suggested.

“Now that’s just it! I hate conspiracies played out in front of me in bright daylight!” For a moment Roa went silent and it looked like he was grinning to the irony of the term he had used.

The others drew closer their blades ready.

“You left us, isn’t that enough? Now what’s the trap you have in mind?” Loslote yelled.

“There is no trap…” Roa said quietly “… only justice!”

With that Roa sprang towards the Rangers.

Gwath was the first to pass Roa’s path. Roa clearly tried to avoid him but Gwath gave him a blow to the side with his sword. Roa stumbled but managed to keep his balance and avoid the next swing of the sword by Fea. He was bleeding but none slower for agility. He was the old soldier here.

The others tried to encircle him but he kept evading the hits and being closed in. Legate managed a hit to his side but it didn’t seem to affect him too much.

“If you’re innocent, this is ridiculous Roa!” Greenie yelled on top of the hassle and confusion – only to realise Roa suddenly stood in front of him.

“Okay, I’m ready now you traitor!” With that Roa threw his blade into Greenie’s throat. Greenie yelled and then wheezed when the blood burst out from his throat. Loslote’s and Gwath’s swords cut Roa at the same moment.

Both Greenie and Roa fell to the snow and the blood stained the white surface beneath them. Neither changed into anything. They had both been innocents…

~*~

The Living:

Fea
Nienna
Sally
Kath
Loslote
Nerwen
Lommy
Legate
Gwath

The Dead:

Nogrod (mod) - turned into a werewolf and butchered on N1.
Hakon (The Master Hunter) - stuck dead on D1.
Rune (Werewolf) - killed from the sword of the Master Hunter at the end of D1.
Macalaure (The Berserk Hunter) - eaten alive by the werewolves on N2.
Inzil (Ordinary Innocent) - decapitated by the Berserk Hunter on N2.
Boro (Ordinary Innocent) - left to Bree to inform others about the Company's tough fate on D2. (killed by the wolves travelling alone in the blizzard)
Valier (The Night-Traitor aka. The Cobbler) - killed by the Rangers while trying to flee on D2.
Brinn (Ordinary Innocent) – stunned, dragged through a tunnel, stripped naked and left to froze to death on N3.
Greenie (Soulmate) - killed by the sword of the Hates Conspiracies Hunter on D3.
Roa (Hates Conspiracies Hunter) - overpowered by the Rangers on D3.

It's Night 4 now.

You know what to do... those who have to do something...

A few notifications to come to certain people.

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-26-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #537
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night 4

“Noo!“ Legate yelled from the bottom of his lungs rushing to Greenie’s body. “Wake up! Wake up mate!” he cried and tried frantically to shake the dead body into life. Finally he seemed to calm down enough to realise the futility of the effort and fell over Greenie’s body crying violently.

Lommy tried to console him patting him gently on the back. “Sorry friend… so sorry…we share your pain.”

The others were shocked as well as they realised that Greenie and Legate had been mates from longer time some of them had even lived.

Legate shivered with the touch but then calmed a little. His voice was still trembling as he spoke quietly: “I’m not sure I wish to live now that my soulmate is gone. But I will do my best…” He swallowed and concentrated. “I will try…”

“Stay as long as you wish Legate, but we’ll have to bury him early tomorrow morning and then we will move on… Be brave.” Lommy said and turned to others. “Okay, let’s put up a camp and try to get as much sleep we can. I will take guard with Gwath and Nerwen".

One by one the Rangers passed Legate and pat him in the back or stroked his hair giving their support for the veteran and his grief.

The Dead Man’s Hollow was actually a deep depression in the landscape covered from the sides by large mounds and from behind with a lonely great erratic boulder. It was about fifty meters long and some twenty meters wide. It was called the way it was because of the four long and deep cuts into the ground on it’s every corner so that looking at it from a distance it looked like a body with legs and arms lying in the ground.

It was a creepy place but if the weather would turn foul again it could cover them better than staying on the plains around them.

And it did turn for the worst as the Night wore on. First it started snowing again and the wind picked up speed slowly but steadily. The boulder protected them from the straight attack of the wind but even the wind coming round it and through the cuts in the ground was severe enough to make the three guards shiver from cold.

“Like a foul breath of Melkor…” Gwath disclaimed.

“Just think of the Brandywine Cabins… we should reach them tomorrow.” Nerwen said quietly. “It will be so different… Walls around you, a fireplace inside…”

“Let’s hope we do reach them… those of us who do.” Lommy said gravely.

Suddenly there was a long howl of a wolf carried by the wind to their ears. And then another one, and another one… It was quite for a second but then they started hearing the barks and the whines approaching with an astonishing speed.

There was no need to wake up anyone as the chilling howls had gotten everyone up and grasping for their weapons. “Back to back, quick!” Lommy called against the growing wind and the howls of the wolves. “More fire! Anyone?” The Rangers saw dark figures advancing towards them from all the four cuts around them.

The fight was on sooner than the Rangers had thought it would be. The wolves were fast indeed.
What was alarming though was that many of the Rangers felt that during the fight there were fewer of them fighting than were their actual numbers. Like a few had disappeared just like that – and there were more wolves they had anticipated with the first sighting… and a few of the wolves had felt a lot more powerful than most others.

But in the growing blizzard it was hard to recognize anyone. And as shapes went to and fro and one had to fight for his life all the time there was neither time to check who might be around or who might be missing.

Suddenly one of the stronger wolves managed to fell Fea from behind, and just as Legate was trying to help him another wolf bounced on him, forcing him away from the scene defending himself. The wolf stared staright into Fea’s eyes holding him down a moment, like it was trying to send him a last message. Then it forced it’s razorsharp teeth into Fea’s shoulder and jerked his body violently.

But Legate had gotten rid of the wolf giving it a major wound and went back to see how Fea was fearing. His heart almost stopped with the scene: Fea was under the attacker and it looked like it was trying to rip him into pieces. Legate charged towards them. The wolf had ripped considerable pieces from Fea’s body throwing them around in rage but faded into darkness when Legate reached the scene.

“You’re still alive Fea?” Legate panted, shaking the stunned man bleeding in the blizzard, or what was left of him.

Fea opened his eyes still clasping his sword half-consciously. “Legate? That’s you?” He managed to mutter with great difficulty.

“Yes I am… Fea, try to hold on! We’ll come up with something…” Legate lied seeing it was futile anyway.

“Legate, come closer… I need to tell you something” Fea managed to whisper loud enough for him to hear.

Just as he bent down to his mate he felt the cold blade penetrating his flesh.

“There you go you traitor!” Fea yelled with his last strength. ”I hate these dark deeds where you pretend being something and then you’re not! I know your kind!”

Legate tried to pull up but Fea had a knife in his other hand and stabbed him to the side with it just below the armpit.

The Wolves vanished as suddenly they had appeared and it was quiet again.

“Okay mates, any casualties?” Lommy yelled seeing the enemy gone and panting heavily from the fight.

“Nope! … Noo!” Loslote cried and went to the strange shape farther back. Others had noticed it too.

“Oh my good heavens!” Kath cried seeing Legate’s pierced body on top of Fea’s mauled one.

“Oh no! Not yet again!” Sally yelled.

“This near to Brandywine Cabins…” Nerwen lamented.

“Do we have to kill each others all the time! What is it with you guys!” Nienna protested loudly and fell to his knees.

“He’s right, we have enough enemies without killing each other…” Gwath confirmed laying his head down to honour the dead.

They all followed Gwath’s example and hung their heads in silence.

After a few minutes of silence Kath finally opened his mouth. “There are seven of us left… and three are werewolves. We need to get it right the next time…”

The silence continued for a while as the thought was hammered down into their minds. Everyone looked grim but three of them grinned maliciously wide inside. Just one more… they thought.

“Okay. Bury the dead, pick your packings. We’ll not stay a minute longer at this foul place.” Lommy shouted. “Next stop Brandywine Cabins. We’ll discuss this there beside a warm fire… Let’s go for it!”

~*~

The Living:

Nienna
Sally
Kath
Loslote
Nerwen
Lommy
Gwath

The Dead:

Nogrod (mod) - turned into a werewolf and butchered on N1.
Hakon (The Master Hunter) - stuck dead on D1.
Rune (Werewolf) - killed from the sword of the Master Hunter at the end of D1.
Macalaure (The Berserk Hunter) - eaten alive by the werewolves on N2.
Inzil (Ordinary Innocent) - decapitated by the Berserk Hunter on N2.
Boro (Ordinary Innocent) - left to Bree to inform others about the Company's tough fate on D2. (killed by the wolves travelling alone in the blizzard)
Valier (The Night-Traitor aka. The Cobbler) - killed by the Rangers while trying to flee on D2.
Brinn (Ordinary Innocent) – stunned, dragged through a tunnel, stripped naked and left to froze to death on N3.
Greenie (Soulmate) - killed by the sword of the Hates Conspiracies Hunter on D3.
Roa (Hates Conspiracies Hunter) - overpowered by the Rangers on D3.
Fea (Hates Dark Deeds Hunter) - died in the loss of blood after being torn by a werewolf during a wolf-attack on N4.
Legate (Soulmate) - stabbed by the Hates Dark Deeds Hunter on N4.

It's Day 4 now.

Speak like you were at the Brandywine Cabins already...

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-27-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #538
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok kids... we have to get a wolf today or we loose.

I trust Sally and Lottie. All the rest of you got some 'xplanin to do.

Kath
Nerwen
Lommy
Gwath

We also have to make sure we don't split the lynch vote or we can't win. This is what happened last game and it was tragic.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #539
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The person I think is most likely to be a wolf is Nerwen. Her actions were suspicious, and the fact that she doesn't seem as suspicious as she could be makes me suspect her even more.

I don't suspect Nienna or Sally. Kath I'm not sure. Lommy and Gwath could easily be wolves.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #540
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh. My. Goodness.

Such epic fail from everyone's part.

And if we fail the lynch toDay, we die. Three wolves against two ordos and two rangers.

I think the rangers should come forwards (of course not telling who's which), because that would narrow down our chance of hitting an innocent drastically (from 4/7 to 2/7, or something else even if there are false claims).

And this is so ironic, I stayed up until the DL just to be here to prove myself true to my words and call for a vote of no confidence in myself.

But I'm not doing that, whatever you say.

I'm an ordo, and that means I'm an ideal Captain. I won't be willing to surrender the post to anybody, because a Wolf as a Captain toDay would be a disaster. If a Ranger comes out and gives valid enough proof for their role, I can vote them for Captaincy (if - when? - it makes more sense to have them as Caps than as working agents during the Night).

I'm here now and will be until I get an RPG post finished, but then I'm going to sleep (and I'll be back).

PS. My current guess at the trio is Sally + Nienna + Kath, or possibly Loslote as one of them (Kath?).

edit: xed with Nienna and Loslote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #541
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

What is this Nienna + Sally + Loslote triangle of trust?

A triangle of wolfdom?
Old 09-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #542
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I think the rangers should come forwards (of course not telling who's which)
Well, a good idea but sadly against the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rules
- No one should reveal or falsely reveal the role one has during the Days (during the Nights you can claim whatever you want if able to PM others you don't know the role of).
Old 09-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #543
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I was the Night-Talker last Night, and I talked to Nienna. I think she's ordo.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #544
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I call for a Vote of No Confidence in Lommy. This is exactly when we do not want anyone to have control over the lynch. I don't care if Lommy is an innocent or not. She should not get control over the lynch.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #545
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
What is this Nienna + Sally + Loslote triangle of trust?

A triangle of wolfdom?
Nice try darling.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #546
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I don't think Lommy should be captain. I suspect her to be a wolf, and I don't like that she wants to keep the captain role now, of all times.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #547
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Another clarification of the rules...
Quote:
This is exactly when we do not want anyone to have control over the lynch.
Basically, as long as you have a Captain in the beginning of the Day, you're stuck with there being a Captain. And you can decide only on who it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rules
If people don’t want to have a Captain at some point of the game when the earlier one has died they can also vote “no Captain”. If the “no Captain” votes are a majority there will be no Captain unless someone calls for a new referendum the next Day (or the next, or…).
Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #548
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Right, but at least they would only control the vote in case of a tie. If Lommy stayed, she'd have much more power. So electing a new Captain would help limit the vote controlling aspect of the role.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #549
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Well, a good idea but sadly against the rules.
Ouch. I had forgotten that. My apologies.

I talked with Nerwen and Gwath - or well, Nerwen asked a bunch of questions to which I answered and Gwath didn't appear at all. So there's not much to say.

I still think Nerwen is innocent, and Gwath possibly too. That would leave me with only one more innocent, who could be anybody of the remaining four. However, I really feel Sally + Nienna + Loslote makes the most sense, because Sally and Nienna have been trusting each other all game long (quite cleverly because mutual Night talks) and Loslote has joined the alliance now on the Day when the wolves have to keep their lines even to win. Also, Loslote choosing Nienna to talk with (and calling her innocent based on that) fits quite nicely to the picture.

Of course, this is pure speculation. I have to do some research and consider options, but I'm leaving it all for tomorrow - it's 1.30 am and I'd better sleep.

PS. I think we should probably vote for no Captain today, actually.

edit: xed with Nog and Loch Ness
Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #550
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What I'm worried about is not a choice in a tie but the other more important choice of controlling if someone gets lynched:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Nog
Can override a lynch by cancelling it alltogether (no one dies), deciding a draw or changing the lynchée to someone who has not more than one vote less than the one about to die
So I'm thinking Sally for Captain.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #551
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
PS. I think we should probably vote for no Captain today, actually.
Check #547...
Old 09-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #552
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

That's exactly what Nog just said we couldn't do. We can only vote No Captain if there is no current captain, right, Nog?

EDIT: Xed with Nienna and Nog.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #553
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nogrod, your rules suck.

I understand if you don't want me to remain in office in a situation like this, but I would prefer to stay myself, of course, because then I will know there's an innocent Captain and I can even save it if the wolves are to win (assuming I can get it right, which I would not be sure of).

If there is to be someone else as a Captain, I really have to ponder who would I trust enough.

But now, good night.

edit: xed with people... and people, you know I xed with the mod, I'm not totally stupid...
Old 09-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #554
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I'd support Sally for Captain. I trust her, I don't think she's a wolf, and it won't matter anyway unless we lynch a wolf now. So I'd like to focus on the lynch and let the Captain take backseat.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #555
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes that makes sense.

Kath are you around? What thinks you?
Old 09-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #556
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
That's exactly what Nog just said we couldn't do. We can only vote No Captain if there is no current captain, right, Nog?
Exactly. "No Captain" is not an option toDay as you have one already.

And to make the rest perfectly clear as well...

If Lommy is the Captain in the end of the Day it's her second Day and she can override the lynching for good or bad; to lynch someone who has one vote less than the one going to be lynched (or deciding on a draw) or cancel the lynch altogether (no one dies).

If you choose someone else, that Captain only has power to decide in a case of a tie.

But you need to have one or another.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #557
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*salutes* Got it dear.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #558
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

So for the lynch, who do we suspect?

I'm leaning towards Nerwen, Lommy, and Gwath. Lommy wants to stay Captain at the worst possible time, plus she seems to suspect the four that I think are most likely to be ordos. Nerwen's being incredibly subtle, but her ideas keep repeating in everyone else's "original" thoughts. Gwath is the one I'm least sure about. He's given helpful remarks, but I'm more inclined to suspect him than Kath, who I'm pretty sure is ordo.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #559
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I talked with Nerwen and Gwath - or well, Nerwen asked a bunch of questions to which I answered and Gwath didn't appear at all. So there's not much to say.

I still think Nerwen is innocent, and Gwath possibly too.
Why? You just said he didn't show up. Why this sudden trust?
Old 09-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #560
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

YesterDay's vote: Interestingly all the lynchees were innocents (or gifteds if we want to get technical) and all the people who were voted as captain are still alive.

Captaincy:
Roa -> Gwath
Fea -> Lommy
Nerwen -> Nienna
Kath -> Lommy
Sally -> Kath
Gwath -> Lommy
Greenie -> Nienna
Loslote -> Lommy
Legate -> Nienna (3)
Lommy -> Lommy
Nienna-> Lommy (6)