The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #521
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Voting update...

lmp => Durelin (Durelin 1)
Celuien => Durelin (Durelin 2)
mormegil => lmp (Durelin 2, lmp 1)
Lhuna => tgwbs (Durelin 2, lmp 1, tgwbs 1)
tgwbs => Lhuna (Durelin 2, lmp 1, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
tgwbs ≠> Lhuna => Celuien (Durelin 2, lmp 1, tgwbs 1, Celuien 1)
Cailín => lmp (Durelin 2, lmp 2, tgwbs 1, Celuien 1)
tgwbs ≠> Celuien => Lhuna (Durelin 2, lmp 2, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
Tom => Durelin (Durelin 3, lmp 2, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
Caran => lmp (Durelin 3, lmp 3, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
tgwbs ≠> Lhuna => tom (Durelin 3, lmp 3, tgwbs 1, Tom 1)
lmp ≠> Durelin => lmp (Durelin 2, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 1)
Mith => Tom (Durelin 2, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 2)
Durelin => Tom (Durelin 2, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 3)

I really don't want lmp lynched today. So I'll change my vote to try and stop the madness.

-- Durelin
++ TOM

Which brings us to:

Celuien ≠> Durelin => Tom (Durelin 1, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 4)

Sigh. I hope those of you who think Cailin meant Durelin as well as TGWBS are right.

Last edited by Celuien; 06-05-2006 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Grammar. Added " as TGWBS"
Celuien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #522
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I really don't want lmp lynched today.
Me neither.

++tom bombarriffic

Besides he is suspicious. Or he has suspicious air. This is mostly a gut feeling, but I feel he might be a wolf. Let's hope so.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #523
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm not going to say who I think the seer is, but if I'm right, Saucy was dreamt on Night One. (darn it) On Night Two I was dreamt and found to be innocent. Guy was dreamt Night Three and found to be innocent. I'm really getting more certain of this the more I read, based on context. Mormegil was dreamt on Night Four, and found to be innocent.

I am not going to out who I believe to be the seer.

Add to the above Cailin's claims as the assumed Changeling, that Mormegil, Guy & Durelin are innocent, and that she doesn't know about, but suspects me.

Based on this theory:

known innocents
Caranlondien
Durelin
Guy
Mormegil
littlemanpoet
Cailín

unknown (so far)
Mithalwen
Celuien
Lhuna
Nogrod
Lommy
tom

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-05-2006 at 03:18 PM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #524
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Good moves, people.

-- littlemanpoet

++ tom bombariffic
Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #525
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Correction to my last post of who I think was dreamt:

Night One: Saucy
Night Two: littlemanpoet
Night Three: Mithalwen (I think)
Night Four: Mormegil
Night Five: Nogrod (I think)

Just the way it looks to me.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #526
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Well hello. Yes, since Cailin can't come right out and say it, she can do the next best thing and state what she is absolutely certain of, and hope we get it.

So what we can tell so far from that mysterious post is this:

Mormegil is innocent
Durelin is probably innocent, since she didn't name her.

Cailin suspects me but doesn't know for sure.
I tried to keep this a bit more subdued, but as you come forwards with it lmp, then let's see the possible implications once more.

She says we are looking at the wrong direction, especially Morm does. Many of us had suspected mainly tgwbs and Durelin - so had Morm, maybe most vocally. But Morm had also suspected lmp - along with one or two others. Then Cailín goes on to say that we should do what we wish with her info. Then she voted for lmp, clearly showing that she was not sure about her vote, but that it was an innocents / Changelings suspicion only. I can't see her freeing Morm as she points out that he especially is looking at the wrong direction, but on other bases I'm looking at Morm as innocent right now.

So what I gather from her post is:
- tgwbs is innocent
- Durelin (most probably, as most of us, and Morm too were suspecting her) is innocent
- She suspects lmp, but doesn't know it.
- She doesn't say anything about Morm, but that he especially is looking at the wrong direction (looking at the direction most of us seemed to be looking by the time).

EDIT: X-posted with lmp
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #527
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This is an interesting turn of events. At least lmp will not be lynched. I do hope we won't regret all this...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #528
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
I made it back! I do have to admit that lmp is looking less guilty, and I suppose Tom is worth going after, as we don't really know much about him. I'm slightly wary of lynching him, but I see where people are coming from.
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #529
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Voting Update

lmp => Durelin (Durelin 1)
Celuien => Durelin (Durelin 2)
mormegil => lmp (Durelin 2, lmp 1)
Lhuna => tgwbs (Durelin 2, lmp 1, tgwbs 1)
tgwbs => Lhuna (Durelin 2, lmp 1, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
tgwbs ≠> Lhuna => Celuien (Durelin 2, lmp 1, tgwbs 1, Celuien 1)
Cailín => lmp (Durelin 2, lmp 2, tgwbs 1, Celuien 1)
tgwbs ≠> Celuien => Lhuna (Durelin 2, lmp 2, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
Tom => Durelin (Durelin 3, lmp 2, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
Caran => lmp (Durelin 3, lmp 3, tgwbs 1, Lhuna 1)
tgwbs ≠> Lhuna => tom (Durelin 3, lmp 3, tgwbs 1, Tom 1)
lmp ≠> Durelin => lmp (Durelin 2, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 1)
Mith => Tom (Durelin 2, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 2)
Durelin => Tom (Durelin 2, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 3)
Celuien ≠> Durelin => Tom (Durelin 1, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 4)
Lommy => Tom (Durelin 1, lmp 4, tgwbs 1, Tom 5)
lmp ≠> lmp => Tom (Durelin 1, lmp 3, tgwbs 1, Tom 6)

Nogrod, have you voted? I suppose it hardly matters right now. Tom, I hope you're a wolf...
Old 06-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #530
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
As it seems that we're about to lynch tom, I guess my vote will have no effect (6-3 if I counted it right). I admit tom has been quite an enigma: posting very reasonable posts, but been notably uncommitting in them. That's as good as any suspicion at the moment. And surely after Cailín's post at least my scriptures went upside down anyhow. So I have no real clues now. Tom seems a good choice, but I'm not totally persuaded with the reasons, wich seem quite slight. Still the feel with him is not the comfortable one - though I didn't see tgwbs either as sitting right with me and still he seemes to be innocent...

So taking my part and parcel of the responsibility (and fearing the worst) of all this...

++ tom bombariffic
Old 06-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #531
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Day 4 has now ended. Please stop talking.

tom's death with be up shortly.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #532
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Standing in the middle of a crowd of almost united villagers, tom bombariffic knew fear. He had seen what a crowd mentality could do, and wasn’t looking forward to the fury and determination of that many people being directed solely at him. Backing away he found himself up against the wall of his house. The throng of people moved into a circle around him, cutting off any escape.

Pulling weapons from their pockets the villagers advanced on him, but the sound of hooves thudding in the distance made them stop in their tracks. Turning slightly they kept one eye on tom while trying to locate the source of the noise. It soon became apparent that a stag was headed toward the village, moving so fast its legs seemed just a blur.

“Looks like his favourite animal has come to help us kill him itself.” Commented one villager, and they opened up to let it through.

But the stag didn’t head for tom. As it neared the villagers it changed direction, and veered into the closest group of people. Screaming they scattered, unharmed as the stag had been moving too fast to control itself, but terrified and confused.

“What’s going on! Why is it attacking us?”

“I’ll tell you why.” Called someone, the voice muffled by the ground it had just fallen on. “tom’s a wolf!”

Those not being charged by the stag turned to tom, and saw the final stages of his transformation. His body lengthened, and hair began to sprout all over him. Snarling he shook his head as his teeth extended further from his mouth, and fixed his yellow eyes on the villagers before him. Shocked that they had finally found one of the beasts plaguing them, the villagers were unsure how to react. They were being attacked on two fronts, and didn’t know which to try and counter first.

Taking charge, lmp stormed forward.

“Hey tom! I’m the one who got you lynched, kill me!”

“Yeah, kill him!” Called TGWBS, for once glad of lmp’s suicidal tendencies.

tomwolf glared around him and headed for lmp, intent on ripping him to shreds. Behind them a mini-battle raged. The other villagers had wounded the stag and it was slowing down, but this had only made it angrier. Panting it wheeled around for another run at them. At the same moment tomwolf leapt at lmp, who threw himself aside.

Above him, the two beasts clashed. The stag’s antlers pierced tomwolf’s chest, going right through flesh and breaking bone, as his claws tore into the flanks of the stag. The creatures crashed to the ground, narrowly missing several villagers, and both struggled for a few moments to get free. Neither succeeded, they were too entangled with each other, and eventually, the two bodies fell still. The village had lynched their first werewolf.

Dead:
Night 1 ~ Kath, killed by a turtle in an aerial attack ~ Innocent.
Day 1 ~ Boromir, lynched by the villagers by means of lions ~ Innocent.
Night 2 ~ Formendacil, killed by a coyote and it's trickery ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Saucepan Man, lynched by the villagers by means of a platypus catapault ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Nilpaurion Felagund, killed by an emerging alter-ego ~ Innocent.
Night 3 ~ dancing spawn of ungoliant ~ Innocent.
Day 3 ~ Feanor of the Peredhil, killed by a chat skwerl ~ Innocent.
Night 4 ~ Findëasëa ~ Innocent
Day 4 ~ tom bombariffic ~ Werewolf

Living:
Lhuna - traveller with absolutely no sense of direction
Cailín - tragedienne
Celuien - ketchup grower
TGWBS - Pokémaster
Lommy - AA-adviser
Nogrod - owner of ME's first hamburger restaurant
lmp - gravedigger
Caran - town poet
Mith - aura consultant
morm - butcher
Durelin - ninja

Night 5 has now begun.
Wolves, Seer, Ranger, Hunter and Changeling please PM me your choices.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #533
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

The two remaining wolves left their houses in their nightly guise. Conferring together for a few moments they came to an agreement and made their way stealthily across the village toward their intended victim.

Reaching the house, however, they found their way barred by a figure dressed in black and wearing a hood to hide its features.

“You cannot take this villager tonight. They are protected.”

Snarling the wolves made to move past the figure, who was holding no weapons and seemed to have no way of stopping them. Yet as they pushed forward they found themselves unable to cross its path. Looking down they saw a line of what looked like dust before them that surrounded the entire house. Try as they might they could not get through it, or even smudge the line. This was old magic, older than that which had transformed humans into wolves, and no one now living in Middle Earth could break it.

Angry the wolves turned back to the figure.

“You have robbed us of our kill, Ranger.” They spat. “You will be next.”

They turned and slid away in the darkness, leaving the Ranger to stand guard for the rest of the Night. When dawn came the figure quietly returned home, and then joined the others for the morning villager-count, pretending to be as surprised as all the others when no one was found to be missing, or laid out in pieces before them.

Dead:
Night 1 ~ Kath, killed by a turtle in an aerial attack ~ Innocent.
Day 1 ~ Boromir, lynched by the villagers by means of lions ~ Innocent.
Night 2 ~ Formendacil, killed by a coyote and it's trickery ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Saucepan Man, lynched by the villagers by means of a platypus catapault ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Nilpaurion Felagund, killed by an emerging alter-ego ~ Innocent.
Night 3 ~ dancing spawn of ungoliant, killed by a head-crushing horse ~ Innocent.
Day 3 ~ Feanor of the Peredhil, killed by a chat skwerl ~ Innocent.
Night 4 ~ Findëasëa ~ Innocent
Day 4 ~ tom bombariffic, killed by a stag ~ Werewolf
Night 5 ~ No kill.

(Also, spawn's death is, finally, up.)

Living:
Lhuna - traveller with absolutely no sense of direction
Cailín - tragedienne
Celuien - ketchup grower
TGWBS - Pokémaster
Lommy - AA-adviser
Nogrod - owner of ME's first hamburger restaurant
lmp - gravedigger
Caran - town poet
Mith - aura consultant
morm - butcher
Durelin - ninja

Day 5 has now begun. Werewolves stop PMing, villagers start talking.

Last edited by Kath; 06-06-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #534
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Well done, Ranger! The tides seem to have turned for us villagers - between lynching a wolf yesterDay and preventing the kill last Night, we're doing, well, much better than we've been doing so far.

Really, I can't believe I'm still alive

Now, I must go back over some posts to form a suspect list...
Old 06-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #535
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I believe this is correct but I'm doing it from memory from last night. I think we can glean some information from this list. If I am wrong it may be LMP but I'm not certain.
Mentioned seldom if ever by Tom
  • Lhuna
  • Cailin
  • Celuien
  • Nogrod
  • LMP
  • Mith

Mentioned Frequently by Tom
  • TGWBS
  • Lommy
  • Caran
  • Morm
  • Durelin

Tom seems the type that would mention very little of his fellows. That raises my suspicion of everybody on the first list substantially as I remember very little of them in Tom's posts. Conversely my suspicion of the second list has lowered and the Durelin piece from yesterday, sorry but I wasn't around real time, seems to ring true and I find her innocent now. As much as I hate to admit it I believe TGWBS innocent as well. A side note I believe Cailin is the changling as well and thought so yesterday but didn't vocalize it.

Perhaps the time is not yet ripe but with our ranger protection last night we may know a number of innocents. I think our seer needs to contemplate revealing how much he/she knows. Then the ranger maybe able to step forward if the information he/she possess is likely to help. If it is done in this manner we don't expose the ranger if not necessary.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #536
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

I made the same lists, morm, but actually I thought it quite likely that Tom mentioned one if not both of his cohorts. Perhaps what would be more helpful (though more time consuming) would be to look at the context in which he mentioned or ignored people - for instance, were all his suspects already under suspicion when he mentioned them?

As for your suggestion about the Seer and the Ranger, we'll just have to leave that up to them, but it's a definitely a possible course of action.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #537
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
I made the same lists, morm, but actually I thought it quite likely that Tom mentioned one if not both of his cohorts. Perhaps what would be more helpful (though more time consuming) would be to look at the context in which he mentioned or ignored people - for instance, were all his suspects already under suspicion when he mentioned them?

As for your suggestion about the Seer and the Ranger, we'll just have to leave that up to them, but it's a definitely a possible course of action.
I came to my conclusion Caran because he mentioned me frequently and you. These are two known innocents in my mind and therefore the pattern ran true. His behavior was such that he would see something and go after it a bit gingerly so as to not stick out too much. There was something else too but I can't remember currently and don't have time to look. I think it's advisable for everybody to go back and read every post that Tom wrote, there are only 12.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #538
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Silmaril You're all safe now...

...except Lhuna and Noggie who are wolves and will be lynched.

Yes, I'm the seer, if you didn't get that yet.

For selfish reasons I suggest we lynch Noggie first - then he can concentrate better to co-modding the junior-game with me.

++Nogrod

For all who are interested:

My dreams
Night 1 - Celuien
I thought it'd be strange if she wasn't a wolf this time - as far as I know she has never been one.
Night 2 - SPM
His behaviour freaked me out on Day1.
Night 3 - LMP
His behaviour and insubstanciality (sp?) worried me too.
Night 4 - Nogrod
I was so worried with the possibility that he was a wolf 'cos all the village trusted him, so I decided to check it.
Night 5 - Lhuna
Well, reading through her, Nogrod's, tom's and morm's & Mith's (my remaining suspects alongside with Lhuna) posts it became quite evident she was the last wolf unknown to me.

Big thanks to Cailín for yesterday. You enabled me cathcing Lhuna.

An apology to morm from a rather fierce attack on him. I never even dreamed of you...
Old 06-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #539
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Hurray for Lommy and her brillant Seer's gift!

++ NOGROD

And you're right. I've never been a wolf. I'm destined to be innocent to the end.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #540
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Wow...

++Nogrod

Thank you, Lommy, for your excellent Seer-ing.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #541
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well, Celuien is not the seer after all. I was wrong about that.

I'm not a werewolf; Mormegil, you're clearly now wrong about that.

Well done, Lommy. Excellent job of hiding and seering!

++ NOGROD
Old 06-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #542
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Well, Celuien is not the seer after all. I was wrong about that.
I thought that's where you were going when I reviewed the thread. I was pretty in the open as a potential Seer after that list of yours. I wasn't sure I'd wake up alive.

But I'm always game to be innocent ordo wolf bait to keep gifteds safe.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #543
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

C'mon! The wolves are getting jumpy - and seemingly desperate. Who knows why? Being utmost scared - for no reason? Funny. The village is full of experienced and "cool" players and the wolves seem to be the jumpiest of us all. But as the things call it, I will have to come forwards with the little I know.

So I think the wolves messed up toNight and losing tom was just too much (not perhaps Lommy, but her evil friend who's dictating all this).

Sorry 'bout this, but Lommy is fooling you. I know it.

I knew from the first Day onwards that Spm was innocent. On Night2 I checked at Cailín who seemed to be too innocent - and she proved to be one. On Night3 I went after Morm and as you may see from my posts: over that idea I tried to ease up with my initial suspicions on him - not being too vocal about it as I had my role to cover up. I checked tgwbs on Night4 as I really suspected him along the other village. Well Cailín did her job for me that Night and that dream was somewhat wasted...

I called for possible co-operation between the Seer and the changeling from the beginning, and here we go, double-dreaming...

Last night I was worried about Celuien as she seemed so innocent to me. Well I found her innocent too. You see, I'm a bit romantic: beneath the rationalization I will like to see those who just "sit right" with me. She was a bit too quiet and non-participiant.

So the innocents on the game now (by myself and Cailín)
Cailín - the Changeling or an ordo playing a wicked game, Kath didn't reveal her status but said she was "innocent"
Morm - checked innocent.
tgwbs - innocent, that was a relief as I was ready to go after him...
Celuien - I was so worried about myself bing so trustful of her.

I seem to have been as baffled as you other villagers. Tom was taken with a wild guess and a case that could have been built up on anyone. We really have been and are quite at loss. I hope you will not kill me so that I can make another dream.

Remember: the wolves like to lead us astray. They already have done that...

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-06-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #544
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, Nogrod, too proud to give up?

But really. Let's lynch him so that you all can believe me if you already don't. Or if you don't want to lynch your "seer", let's lynch his wolvish companion, Lhuna. Then you'll see I'm the one who speaks the truth. Or if we have time, lynch me. Then you see I'm the seer.

See, I'm the one naming some lynchees, he just echoes known things.

And he's flip-floppy:
Quote:
Last night I was worried about Celuien as she seemed so innocent to me. Well I found her innocent too. You see, I'm a bit romantic: beneath the rationalization I will like to see those who just "sit right" with me. She was a bit too quiet and non-participiant.
Clearly you can't even decide the reason why you "dreamed" of Celuien...
Old 06-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #545
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quiet and non-participant. Haha, Wolfgrod.
Quote:
User Name....................Posts
Caranlondien.................64
Mithalwen......................57
Celuien..........................52
Nogrod..........................46
the guy who be short....46
The numbers speak for themselves.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #546
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Oh, Nogrod, too proud to give up?

But really. Let's lynch him so that you all can believe me if you already don't. Or if you don't want to lynch your "seer", let's lynch his wolvish companion, Lhuna. Then you'll see I'm the one who speaks the truth. Or if we have time, lynch me. Then you see I'm the seer.

See, I'm the one naming some lynchees, he just echoes known things.

And he's flip-floppy:
Clearly you can't even decide the reason why you "dreamed" of Celuien...
Well, Celuien looked so white that I just had to check her. She would have made a terribly efficient wolf as no one really suspected her. A wolf might come up with the all powerful knowledge of those who are innoncents or not - we villagers, even gifteds - can't do it. We have no idea about the whole of the village, just from the part we have dreamed. So we are on the mercy of a good luck or hunches, the wolves know their trade...

I guess Lhuna will be a wolf. Lommy seems to know it... Just to gain believability she's ready to sacrifice her mate - whom she knows will not be available until later on the Day. So not even needing to face her eye for an eye.

And on the same time I'm quite proud of my daughter. You are really wicked! It's not certain which one of us is hanging on the poles this evening, but I hope your wolvish scheaming gets the result it deservers..
Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #547
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow...I'm really quite surprised that I was not killed last night.

Foolish to go after Caran. Did they really think the Ranger would just skip a night before the Seer showed themselves?

And it seems they have...

Quote:
I seem to have been as baffled as you other villagers. Tom was taken with a wild guess and a case that could have been built up on anyone.
Pfft... Okay, that decides it.

++Nogrod

Though it might be safer to lynch Lhuna.

What can I say...I don't trust people normally, and especially not when werewolves are about...
Old 06-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #548
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I guess Lhuna will be a wolf. Lommy seems to know it... Just to gain believability she's ready to sacrifice her mate - whom she knows will not be available until later on the Day. So not even needing to face her eye for an eye.
Great that you see your own cowardice. Don't have to see her eye for an eye indeed...

Seriously, if there's even one villagers who belives Nogrod over me, let's lynch me. Then I will be proven the seer and Nogrod has no way of swaying anyone.

And ask if Nogrod's ready to do that for the village... (Speaking of proposing himself to be lynched, o'course...)

Now I'm leaving Wolfgrod to say the last word for the RL night and go to sleep. I doubt he will come up with anything convincing. If he does, keep in mind you can always lynch me and we innocents still win. It's 3:27 AM here. Fortunately it's the summer holiday...

edit: xed with Durelin
Old 06-06-2006, 06:37 PM   #549
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Well, glad to see my 'seer come forward' request wasn't viewed as suspicious .

Nogrod, sorry lad but the attempt while 'valiant' is laughable.

++Nogrod.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #550
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Perhaps we can make an exception to the double lynch rule?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #551
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Well, glad to see my 'seer come forward' request wasn't viewed as suspicious .

Nogrod, sorry lad but the attempt while 'valiant' is laughable.

++Nogrod.
Well you call for your own doom here. I see Lommy has made her way and made you believe her. Regrettably I'm your seer and you can then lynch Lommy tomorrow - and then Lhuna. We win in the end...
Old 06-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #552
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Happily I'm not a gifted
Then what was such a big deal?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #553
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Well you call for your own doom here. I see Lommy has made her way and made you believe her. Happily I'm not a gifted and you can lynch Lommy tomorrow - and then Lhuna. We win in the end...

Okay then I believe you...*sarcasm abounding*...will the 'REAL' seer please step forward and set the record straight so we don't kill this good innocent man who is so deserving of life. My you seem awfully hairy today, even for a scandinavian
Old 06-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #554
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Happily I'm not a gifted
Of course you're not a gifted.

Oh, and what happened to that Seer claim of yours?

EDIT: Crossed with Morm, Durelin and an apparent edit by Wolfgrod. It seems that the Seer claim is back...

Last edited by Celuien; 06-06-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: What the edit says...
Celuien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #555
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Lommy, it's nice to know that you are something. It's odd I often see giftedness as suspicious because you were acting a bit differently there for a while. Well done and I praise you on your efficiency at the end, though baffled that you didn't dream of me.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #556
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Only a wolf would edit a post like that. I saw it and call foul!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #557
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Go down with some dignity left, Noggy...
Old 06-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #558
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Only a wolf would edit a post like that. I saw it and call foul!
Naturally. What realy gifted forgets about being gifted and then remembers to do an edit to cover up the mistake? Wolf! Tricksy, false.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #559
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I was correct in my list and assessment of how Tom would handle his fellow wolves. That's reassuring.

Incidentally, we still have a butcher in town. Anybody up for a BBQ tonight? I think some Nogrod-Kabobs sound mighty tasty. I think I could get the carcass cut up fairly quickly.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #560
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

A barbeque would be delightful. I'll bring the official ketchup. But I don't know if Nogrod-meat would sit well in my stomach. I'll have to bring some specially prepared chicken-kebabs for myself.