Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2002, 08:50 PM   #521
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

OOC: Frodo, wait, I don't think the REG is with us--it's with the folks in the void. pio just asked if we could "get the party going again" as it were...
---------------------------------------------
*Ahem*
*Running back up the road with Primrose and Stacey behind him*
Sam: Mister Frodo! Mister Frodo! We're back!
Stacey: Running--in a dress--not a good idea. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Primrose: Mister Frodo! I'm glad you're all right!
OOC again: Hey, whatever happened to Mithadan?
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-26-2002, 09:05 PM   #522
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well it's nice to see you back, Sam. I have been working with this thing for three hours a least. Now you tell me I can't do it. I think I'm all right. When the sparks flew, I my throat felt dry and then the left side of my nose started running, strange considering it was mt right hand that was shocked. (Not part of story, I am writing the symptoms from experience)

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 05-26-2002, 09:12 PM   #523
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC:Sorry about that, sir. Just tryin' to keep the continuity goin' in the same direction.
Sam: *Looking around* Well, sir, Mister Mithadan seems to have ordered more food. Guess we can't let it go to waste, can we?

Stacey: Hobbits... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Primrose: No, Papa, we certainly can't! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-26-2002, 09:20 PM   #524
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

FOOOOOOOD!!!!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:35 PM   #525
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: Like I said, "Hobbits". Oh, well. All this running around has made me hungry.......
Sam: That's the spirit!
*Primrose is already heading for a table...*
Quote:
"Just hold on a moment and I'll get my stuff!" cried Sam eagerly. "It's all ready. I thought we should be off today. " ~Sam Gamgee
Old 05-27-2002, 12:55 AM   #526
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Their bellies being full and their thirst somewhat slaked, Frodo and Sam looked about at the wreckage of the party. It looked as if a giant wind had blown mightily across the fields and laid the party-goers flat. 'Like wheat', thought Sam, 'after the pass of a sharp scythe. But not so tidy as that.'

Rolling up his sleeves past the elbows, he stood for a moment surveying the scene. 'Well, Mr. Frodo, there's some bit of work ahead of us to get this party back in order. If you're feeling up to it, let's get started.'

'Right, Sam!' replied Frodo. 'Let's get the guests back on their feet and let them know what happened. If they were having dreams as strange as mine, they'll need some gentle bringing back to here and now.'

'And don't forget Mr. Mithadan, papa.' urged Primrose helping another hobbit up and turning him in the direction of the tables. 'We should find him and see if he needs any help getting to the bottom of this problem!'

'There is nothing like a few sturdy, practical hobbits to set things back in order,' thought the old man in grey as he smiled at the scene below him. Without a sound he turned, and disppeared under the canopy of the trees.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:07 AM   #527
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey went to work helping the hobbits.
"I wonder where Mithadan got to, anyway?" she wondered.
For a moment, she felt as if eyes were on them. Turning toward the woods, she thought she caught a movement, then nothing.
"Ah, maybe I need new glasses...."
She turned back to straightening up.

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 05-27-2002, 01:37 AM   #528
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The words: " Why do i have the strangest feeling of impending doom?" were no sooner out of her mouth when Celeaewen found herself flung down on the field, very near the river bank. Strange remembrances were jumbling about in her head,as she stood up and shook her head to clear it. She looked around; none of her companions were to be seen. 'Did I dream them, too?' she thought to herself.

She walked to the center of the field and looked around again, this time spying Sam and Frodo busily at work at a point not too far from her. She hailed them, and noted that they waved back. So they, at least, were not phantoms of her imagination. She started toward them considering her options, letting reality soak back into her bones.

'A plan,' she thought. 'I need a well thought out plan. And some friends to help.'

'Perhaps the hobbits . . .?!'

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-27-2002, 03:26 AM   #529
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

"Hullo, Calaewen." began Frodo. Calaewen asked what was going on.
"Well, it seem that this random events generator, or waht wvwe it is, is naking eveyone dream strange things, even me. I could have sword I saw Deagol, if you can believe that. Sam and I believe that if we can get everyone awakwnwd tne the REG turned off, We can get back to the party. As for turning off the REG, I think shorting out tha wire sis that well enough."
Old 05-27-2002, 07:09 AM   #530
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<<Sorry pio, I saw your message after I made this replay, so I'll change it again, we're in the great void, and not in the tempel, ai?>>

Meanwhile, in the Void everyone was confused. wehy would Morgoth want them, and, even more important, what would he do with them.

"Wruhahaha! Finally I got you all!" Morgoth rises and becomes so that he's more then three times bigger then they. The power of his evil was wide spread out through the void, and everybody was feeling misserable.

"What do you want to do with us, and why?" Veritas talks and tries to make time, so that Mithadan is able to fix a plan to get them out, or, better, a plan for the destruction of Morgoth.

It becomes quiet in the void, even more quiet the it was.

The silence, which first was so peaceful, becomes one of evil and decay. Morgoth seems to wait, to wait until they can not longer resist the treatening silence.

"Speek, what are you waiting for!" Child can't hold it anymore.

"Until you see, that there's no way out, you're stuck, and you know, you got a choise to make; Resist and Die, Give up and come to My Side. I'm waiting for that dissicion."
"Then wait for ever, we will never come to you!" Rose screams, and with her dagger rised she rans to Morgoth, but Veritas holds her.

"Give us one hour," Pio sais, "We want to discuss our destiny."
Morgoth looks is not satisfying, but Birdie walks toward Morgoth: "Yes, let us discuss what we want ot do."

The Fallen Valar takes his time to make his choise, but finally he sais: "One hour, not more." And builds a kind of piramid around them.

"Fine, now were totally cut off of the World." Child is getting impatience.

"I hope this is going to be oké." Veritas thinks sadly, she knows that pio don't want to walk over to the dark side, but one hour to make a plan, and even cut off from the outer world.

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Veritas ]
Old 05-27-2002, 09:56 AM   #531
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Meanwhile, Frodo has been trying for the last six hours to bring everyone out of the void. Nothing is working. He tries one more thing. "This will sent that Motgoth running." he thinks to himself.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menel algar enalath!
Na-chared palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si naf aearon!

"Oh please come back"

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 05-27-2002, 10:25 AM   #532
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel runs into the room:

VASAAAAAAAAAAAAA!(Translation: Foooooooooood!)

Sorry: hobbit imitation. And, as I have not been on here in a few days (Memorial Day parties/barbecues/etc.), I have not "eaten" in days!

Menelduliniel eats some food and drinks some miruvor, then, calming down after her hyperness, sits down...

So: what is happening, little hobbits?
Old 05-27-2002, 10:58 AM   #533
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen hears Frodo singing and joins him with her minstrel's voice. she grabbed her harp, given to her by Galadriel, and played along to the words

A Elbereth Gilthoneil
Silivren penna mireil
o menel aglar elenanth
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanulois, le linnathon
nef aer, si nef aeron!

Snow- white, Snow-White, o lady clear
o Queen beyon the Western seas!
o light to us that wander here
help us now! our need is near!

there was no more to do, other than sing, and hope that the Valar would have pity on them.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:03 AM   #534
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As Pio, Child, Birdie, and Veritas discussed a plan Rose sat apart from them in deep thought. She was too angry to debate and wasn't very good at it anyway. But she knew one thing: She would never join Morgoth.

There was one thing Rose was troubled about though.

'Why did Morgoth want them? Where they just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Was it because they were the ones with the REG.'

Then Child called over to Rose."Come on Rose. This is your destiny too."

"I'm not in the mood to decide my fate right now" Rose replyed."I trust in whatever you choose to do."

(Sam- the question I asked before was part of the story)
Old 05-27-2002, 11:04 AM   #535
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Where am I?"
Old 05-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #536
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel shivers at the mention of Morgoth and vows that, no matter what torture would ever be bestowed upon her, she would never turn to the side of dark...the side of Morgoth.

She takes out her mithril flute, given to her by Lord Elrond, and plays along with the others.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:33 AM   #537
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In the piramid, all the persons are quiet, waiting for what would come, they didn't had a plan yet, and they had just a half an hour left. Rose was sitting against the wall, but suddenly she rised her head, as if she heared something.

"Listen, I hear... music, and singing, they are thinking about us, they're helping us." Roses eyes are twinkling with tears of happiness.

The whole party was filled with happiness. They were standing and listening to the music:

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menel algar enalath!
Na-chared palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si naf earon!

And then Child began to sing, and Birdland, and then everybody was singing.

"Silence!" Morgoth's voice stopted the singing, or anyway, they couldn't hear it anymore. "You ruined your last change to think, your time is up."

"No!" screams pio, "Never!"
Then she begins to sing:

Never forget who you are, Little Star
Shinging brither then all the stars, in the sky,
Never forget where you come from, from love.

They all begin to sing, in the hope Morgoth would finally see that they wouldn't give up.

Then, in a second, the piramid vains and they see Morgoth, his eyes burning in his head.

Veritas thought she was in a dream, Morgoth was screaming, but it didn't touched one of them, they were streghted by the music, the music of Iluvatar...
Old 05-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #538
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Rosseiliantiel opened her eyes and shook the crazy images of her dream from her eyes. She looked about her and saw Celeaewen talking with Frodo and Sam. A little apart from them she saw Menelduliniel sitting under a tree playing her flute and looking off into space.

Rosseiliantiel recognized the signs of still being in a dream and went to gently shake the flutist's shoulder. 'Come back, Menelduliniel!', she said. 'Come back to Middle Earth and help us!'
Old 05-27-2002, 12:05 PM   #539
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen sang, a note of desperation creeping into her voice.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menel algar enalath!
Na-chared palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aeron!
then, another notee joined in, it was rosseil. they sang Desperatly, seeing no hope. then as they sang, another sound filled the air. it was fairer than anything they could sing. there was blinding white light, then when it cleared, before them stood eight figures, glittering in the light. The Valar
Old 05-27-2002, 01:00 PM   #540
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child was certainly glad that at least some of their friends had freed themselves from the clutches of Morgoth, and her heart was lifted that they had joined in song to try and lighten the Shadow.

Then suddenly Child remembered her strange scene with Elbereth when she had mistakenly fallen into the wrong story. The one thing she could still remember, although much had faded as if an ancient dream or vision, was the tinkling laughter of the golden Vala.

Thinking about this, Child decided the two things this dreadful, large creature could not stand were music and laughter. Child decided to sing the most positive song she knew, the one her cousin Sam had sung in the Orc tower:

Though here at journey's end I lie
in arkness buried deep,
beyon all towers strong and high,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I wil not say the day is done,
no bid the Stars farewell.

And then she burst into giggles, something which any good hobbit can do.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:22 PM   #541
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Soon the everyone was singing their own song of hope and happiness. And even though they sung different songs the melodies blended into a perfectly beautiful harmony.

The music rang out from the void and party grounds. It awaken all who lay asleep and those still awake listened to it and join in.

Until finally all of Middle Earth and all the lands beyond were joined in a chorus of joyfull music.

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-27-2002, 01:25 PM   #542
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Child that song makes me cry.

Taking Child's advice Frodo starts to tell jokes and sing the song about the inn, the moon, the fiddle playing cat, and the dog, and the cow, and.. Oh you know what I mean
Old 05-27-2002, 01:26 PM   #543
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Child that song makes me cry.

Taking Child's advice Frodo starts to tell jokes and sing the song about the inn, the moon, the fiddle playing cat, and the dog, and the cow, and.. Oh you know what I mean
Old 05-27-2002, 01:30 PM   #544
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Question

OOC: I'm sorry, but I'm confused. Can someone tell me exactly who's where so I can figure out what to do next?
Also, why is it that we can play one another's characters? (Sorry, only been on one RP board before, and there weren't many rules there...... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] ).
Quote:
Sam, who had been watching his master with great concern, shook his head and muttered: "Plain as pikestaff it is, but it's no good Sam Gamgee putting in his spoke just now. "
Old 05-27-2002, 01:31 PM   #545
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sam, by laughing and singing and being happy in general, I think we can drive away Morgoth.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:35 PM   #546
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC:Never mind, I think I have it.

Sam listened to all of the singing going on, and though he was not quite sure of the meaning, he started in as best he could:
Sam:Troll sat alone on his seat of stone
And munched and mumbled a bare old bone;
For many a year he had gnawed it near,
For meat was hard to come by.
Done by! Gum by!
In a cave in the hills he dwelt alone,
and meat was hard to come by.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:39 PM   #547
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I vow to thee my country all earthly things above
Entire and whole and perfect the service of my love.
The love that asks no question
The love that stands the test
That lays upon the altar the dearest and the best
the love that never falters the love that pays the price
The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice

And there's another country I've heard of long ago.
Most dear to them that love her
Most great to them that know
We may not count her armies
We maynot see her King
Her fortress is a faithful heart
Her pride is suffering
And soul by soul and silently her shining bounds increase
And her ways are ways of gentleness
And all her paths are peace
Old 05-27-2002, 01:40 PM   #548
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: Okay, gotcha, sir.
Stacey listened to all the songs being sung. She didn't know any of the Middle Earth lyrics, but being a song leader in church had given her some ammunition. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] She started in with a tune from children's church:

I've got the joy,joy,joy,joy, down in my heart
Where?
Down in my heart!
Where
Down in my heart!
I've got the joy,joy,joy,joy, down in my heart
Where?
Down in my heart, to stay!

I've got the peace that passeth understanding
Down in my heart!
Where?
Down in my heart!
Where?
Down in my heart!
I've got the peace that passeth understanding
Down in my heart!
Where?
Down in my heart to stay!
Old 05-27-2002, 01:41 PM   #549
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

YAY SAM!!! I was about to ask you to sing that!
Old 05-27-2002, 01:46 PM   #550
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose blinked, listening to the swelling voices around her. She thought and thought, and finally, something came to her...

Now let the song begin! Let us sing together
Of sun, stars, moon and mist, rain and cloudy weather!
Light on the budding leaf, dew on the feather,
Wind on the open hill, bells on the heather,
Reeds by the shady pool, lilies on the water,
Old Tom Bombadil, and the River-daughter!

OOC: 'Scuse me a sec, got to leave the computer!
Old 05-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #551
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose thought back on all the musicals she's ever seen.
"South Pacific?
When the sky is a bright canary yellow,
I forget every cloud I've ever seen.
So they call me a cockied optimist,
Imiture and..............

Annie?
The sun will come out,
Tomorrow.
Bet you bottom dollor that tommorow,
There'll be sun.

Oliver?
Who will buy this wonderfull morning,
I'm so high,
I swear I could fly.

The Music Man?
Seventy-six trombones led the big parade,
With one-hundred and ten cornets right behind.

Hm..got to think of more musicals."
Old 05-27-2002, 02:05 PM   #552
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Its working!!! Yay!!! Keep it up!!

Frodo begins singign the An-thennath of Luthien Tinuviel.
Old 05-27-2002, 02:16 PM   #553
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose starts a little dance and sings.
"The road goes ever on and on,
Down from the road where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow if I can.
Pursueing it with weary feet,
Until it meets some larger way.
And whither then I can not say."
Old 05-27-2002, 03:47 PM   #554
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdie gazed around in wonder as all the songs rose together, different, but blending together into one song sung through the ages. But what could she add to it.

"Well, I'm not up on my Tolkien lyrics, but by Elbereth, I know my Dylan!!" And Birdie chimed in:

Far between sundown's finish an' midnight's broken toll
We ducked inside the doorway, thunder crashing
As majestic bells of bolts struck shadows in the sounds
Seeming to be the chimes of freedom flashing
Flashing for the warriors whose strength is not to fight
Flashing for the refugees on the unarmed road of flight
An' for each an' ev'ry underdog soldier in the night
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.

Then suddenly like laser beams through cheese, bright beams of light pierced the walls of the pyramids, and grew wider and wider as until they converged into a great wave of light.

Morgoth threw his hands over his ears, then his eyes, screaming "No!!! Stop! The lights, the noise!!! Stop it!!!"

"It's the light of the Simarils!" cheered Child.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:02 PM   #555
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose's ears perked up at the mention of the Simerals. They were things that were only legend to her.

Thier name seemed to awaken a new song in her.

In the face of danger
I feel no fear.
As the road darkens
I laugh and cheer.
For I know that
Sunlight is near.

With my friends beside me
We feel no fear.
The good of our hearts
Make us laugh and cheer.
For we know that
Sunlight is here.

Listen to our songs
Oh, face of evil
They are full of the
love of our homes.
The love of our
familys and friends.
The love that will
Never die.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:09 PM   #556
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel stands up.

"Aiya! Lina! (Oh! A song!)...how about...

Crazy old days
Rolling away
Dreaming the day away
Don't want to go
Now that I'm in the flow
Crazy old lazy days

Da da-da-da-da
Da da-da-da-da

Da da-da-da-da
Da da-da

One red balloon
Floats to the moon
Just let it fly away
I only know
That I'm longing to go-o
Back to my lazy days.

Da da-da-da-da
Da da-da-da-da

Da da-da-da-da
Da da-da

And how is sings
And how it sighs
And how it never stays
And how it feels
And how it flies
And how it sails away

Away...away-ayayayay

Da da-da-da-da
Da da-da-da-da

Da da-da-da-da
Da da-da-da-da

Da da-da-da-da
Da da-da-da-da...
Old 05-27-2002, 04:46 PM   #557
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen was awed by the presence of these beings. they seemed to be made of light and air, as far as she could tell from the ground where she cowered. they did not speak with words, but all of them heard what they had to say. they knew of the people in the void, and they were going to storm Morogoth, and force him to give u his prisoners. but they would require assitance.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:59 PM   #558
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

assistance?!?!?!?!? Why are there little alarm bells going off in my head?
Old 05-27-2002, 05:00 PM   #559
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel bows:

"I will help anyone who needs it in any way possible!"
Old 05-27-2002, 05:02 PM   #560
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

The bells do not sound in my head, for I am overly-zealous and overly-adventurous! Haha!

Menelduliniel gets prepared to battle the evil Morgoth...