The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #561
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Um, huh? There will be a new ranger toNight. Why are you misleading people, Legate?
I don't know how it works, but I am not quite sure if the Ranger will be immediately up to the task? I mean, when Mac was killed, someone took his place immediately already the same night? Oh yes, probably yes. Anyway, I did not think about it, it's really late here, I will not post anymore and go to sleep. I can't think of much anyway.

Quote:
"Warm up my own soup" is an interesting turn of phrase in these circumstances, too. Legate, did you make "Mac & Pork" of my late husband?
Blah, blah, blah. I am getting sleepy, which is especially dangerous, as your chattiness irritates me to the point that you may as well drive me to go after you, which is not a thing I like to do, but whatever. For example:

Quote:
If I was a wolf, last night I would be thinking about not killing someone Mac was protecting, above anything else.

Poor Mac... I always hate to see him go. Why on earth does everyone find him suspicious lately when he's good, anyway?
I can imagine this whole quote being spoken by you wolf, how dare you, your poor Mac, and I even know it from personal experience when you were a wolf with me and you were happy to make a Mac&pork of him yourself and then laugh at him when he was dead (well, we all do that, but whatever). Anyway, it wasn't even - or not directly at least - the problem that he was suspected, but that he was killed. I know it was connected, but still.

Anyway, I see I may be as well starting to talk nonsense, so I better go to sleep now. Good night all.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #562
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey everyone. I'm going to try to be more involved toDay (as it's now the weekend and I'm not working as much). It's been difficult to form well-developed opinions of everyone because I haven't been around enough during the Day. I apologize.

I have to say, Rikae, you were awful quick there to jump on Legate and cast his remark regarding the Ranger in the most negative light possible. It seems highly unlikely that Legate could accomplish anything by intentionally trying to "mislead" people on such a basic point of DW rules. Anybody who is familiar with the rules would simply view the comment as a mistake and move on.

Crossed with all since Shastanis
Old 06-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #563
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
When my dear brother (may he rest in peace, he was a valiant man) did that revelation of his, my first reaction was that "he's bluffing! he's the EW! ...or is he the GW?" Okay, now I forgot why I'm writing this. Great. Erm... Could the evil guys have thought this way? Could it have affected their choices? I mean, yesterDay someone speculated (I think...?) that the evil team might not want to kill all the gifteds as they can kill the known gifteds after the wizard duel. But if the evil guys thought Mac might be ranger or GW, they might wanted to be more inclined to send the wolves to kill him/check his identity. Hmm... this might actually be rather irrelevant, but it just crossed my mind.
I think, with all the power which is left to my brain, that I can see what you are going to. But probably sometimes the simpest choice is the best, so they just, like I said, saw Mac yesterDay, thought "hey, he revealed" (and they thought so rightfully) and said "let's kill him". And that was it.

Quote:
Now I'm wondering if I had any more reason to do this post than express my amusement at Rikae's words...
I see there was more of us stemming from the same point.

Anyway. Task for those who are awake: try to find out what was up with Ka so that she was killed.

Otherwise, really good night (I hope).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #564
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I don't know how it works, but I am not quite sure if the Ranger will be immediately up to the task? I mean, when Mac was killed, someone took his place immediately already the same night? Oh yes, probably yes. Anyway, I did not think about it, it's really late here, I will not post anymore and go to sleep. I can't think of much anyway.
No. I think last Night the GW would've scried the new seer. ToNight they will be able to scry a new ranger...and that player will immediately be able to use that new ability. I think that's how it works.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #565
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
But why would they kill THE Ka for something she said? The seer, after all, was dead and the new seer not made yet until last night. Why would they waste their kill on somebody who might be the Hunter? It doesn't make any sense. Really, I think anybody looking for reasons behind THE Ka's death must be a wolf looking for an easy scapegoat... or at least, rather insulting to the wolves!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #566
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I have to say, Rikae, you were awful quick there to jump on Legate and cast his remark regarding the Ranger in the most negative light possible. It seems highly unlikely that Legate could accomplish anything by intentionally trying to "mislead" people on such a basic point of DW rules. Anybody who is familiar with the rules would simply view the comment as a mistake and move on.
I must agree with this; however, there's something wrong with Legate's last post as well. And now I'm really off to check Day1 voting... almost.

edit: xed with the flood after Gwath's post
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #567
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Speaking of that, I don't see what she could base on it. What I said could demoralize people at most, but otherwise, I think it will have no value for determining what I am. Provocation or what?

Anyway, for the third time, and third should be the last, good night.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #568
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
But why would they kill THE Ka for something she said? The seer, after all, was dead and the new seer not made yet until last night. Why would they waste their kill on somebody who might be the Hunter? It doesn't make any sense. Really, I think anybody looking for reasons behind THE Ka's death must be a wolf looking for an easy scapegoat... or at least, rather insulting to the wolves!
Whaat? That insult-part was utterly incomprehensible to me. Whether Rikae's logic (or sense of humour?) is weird or I'm too tired, I don't know...

Anyway, I think THE Ka was probably killed for either not being probably protected and/or for appearing ordo-like (ie not hunter-like).

edit: xed with Legate who seems as unable to go to sleep as I am to go to check Day1 votes...
Old 06-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #569
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree with Rikae. I highly doubt Ka was killed based on something she said. She was probably killed because she was overlooked by most other players.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #570
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I believe it goes like this - the GW gets to make a new gifted to replace a killed one on the next night (since the wolf kill comes last in the nightly events). Therefore, the new seer would have been made last night (or possibly a new ranger instead), and a new ranger toNight, unless more gifteds get killed, that is. The gifted actions come after the wizard scry, so the new gifteds get to do their stuff on the first night (just like the new wolf last night got to kill.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggy
Blah, blah, blah. I am getting sleepy, which is especially dangerous, as your chattiness irritates me to the point that you may as well drive me to go after you, which is not a thing I like to do, but whatever.
I'm not scared of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legomaniac
I can imagine this whole quote being spoken by you wolf, how dare you, your poor Mac, and I even know it from personal experience when you were a wolf with me and you were happy to make a Mac&pork of him yourself and then laugh at him when he was dead (well, we all do that, but whatever). Anyway, it wasn't even - or not directly at least - the problem that he was suspected, but that he was killed. I know it was connected, but still.
Now, I resent that. I didn't laugh at him. Still, WW is WW and I can't make compromises because of my personal feelings about somebody.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #571
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Also, I really would like to know why people are always so quick to lynch Macalaure early on lately. Is it because of his long streak of being a wolf? I don't understand it, because he really did not look the least bit evil to me yesterDay, or the previous time this happened, either (I can't remember which game). And yes, he wouldn't have been revealed as the Ranger and probably wouldn't have been killed if he hadn't almost been lynched first.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #572
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I agree with Rikae. I highly doubt Ka was killed based on something she said. She was probably killed because she was overlooked by most other players.
I have to agree too. Like I said earlier, I think Ka was a relatively safe kill for the wolves. However, there's nothing to be gained by not looking into her death, either, is there?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #573
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Also, I really would like to know why people are always so quick to lynch Macalaure early on lately. Is it because of his long streak of being a wolf? I don't understand it, because he really did not look the least bit evil to me yesterDay, or the previous time this happened, either (I can't remember which game). And yes, he wouldn't have been revealed as the Ranger and probably wouldn't have been killed if he hadn't almost been lynched first.
Dear sister-in-law, I can understand your annoyance at this. As for myself, I (usually ) like to keep him around for a bit longer (except last game I played with him, maybe I should shut up ) as well as I enjoy playing with him. I don't think he was particularily suspicious this time (although not particularily innocentish either) and I'm inclined to believe that some people partly voted him because they were afraid he would be the EW. To be honest, I would not have been surprised if he had truned out to be a wizard. Anyway, I'm not sure if this discussion is actually of much use - not at least right now, maybe in the post-game discussions - at least it's not very wise of me to participate in it as it's (surprise surprise) distracting me from doing what I have been about to do for almost for an hour now...

edit: xed with Shasta
Old 06-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #574
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Since Lommy can't keep on task... ()

Voting Record, Day 1

mormegil: ++Brinniel (Brinniel 1)
Sally: ++the phantom (Brinniel 1, tp 1)
Gwathagor: ++Sally (Brinniel 1, tp 1, Sally 1)
Kitanna: ++morm (Brinniel 1, tp 1, Sally 1, morm 1)
Nerwen: ++Cailin (Brinniel 1, tp 1, Sally 1, morm 1, Cailin 1)
Roa: ++the phantom (Brinniel 1, tp 2, Sally 1, morm 1, Cailin 1)
Celuien: ++Izzy (Brinniel 1, tp 2, Sally 1, morm 1, Cailin 1, Izzy 1)
Rikae: ++morm (Brinniel 1, tp 2, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1)
Izzy: ++Roa (Brinniel 1, tp 2, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1)
Shasta: ++the phantom (Brinniel 1, tp 3, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1)
Eonwe: ++the phantom (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1)
Cailin: ++Nerwen (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 1)
The Ka: ++Celuien (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 1, Celuien 1)
Greenie: ++Gwathagor (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 1, Celuien 1, Gwath 1)
McCaber: ++Nerwen (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 2, Celuien 1, Gwath 1)
Macalaure: ++Legate (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 2, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1)
Lalaith: ++Nerwen (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 3, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1)
Durelin: ++Nerwen (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 4, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1)
Lommy: ++Aganzir (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 4, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1, Aganzir 1)
Diamond: ++Nerwen (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 5, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1, Aganzir 1)
Volo: ++Aganzir (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 5, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1, Aganzir 2)
Brinniel: ++Aganzir (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 5, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1, Aganzir 3)
Legate: ++Aganzir (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 5, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1, Aganzir 4)
Aganzir: ++Nerwen (Brinniel 1, tp 4, Sally 1, morm 2, Cailin 1, Izzy 1, Roa 1, Nerwen 6, Celuien 1, Gwath 1, Legate 1, Aganzir 4)

Did not vote: Nilpaurion, Lhuna, Kath, the phantom
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #575
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I have to agree too. Like I said earlier, I think Ka was a relatively safe kill for the wolves. However, there's nothing to be gained by not looking into her death, either, is there?
Well, I wanted to point out that it looked like Sally was preparing to frame somebody on shaky grounds. It raised my eyebrow, anyway.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #576
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I don't know what this might mean, but looking at the Day 1 record, Aganzir didn't have to vote Nerwen to save herself; Nerwen already had 5 votes to Aganzir's 4 before Aganzir voted. Is there another reason, maybe, that she voted Nerwen?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #577
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm interested to see what happens in toDay's installment of the Roa/phantom feud. I haven't been able to get much out of their arguments, but I have noticed that while tp is easier to like because he's funny, he also seems to take the goodwill of the village for granted. I feel like his posts require us to take a lot of things on faith. No, I can't think of any examples, that's just the impression I get. I'll go read through yesterDay and see if I can find something a little more concrete than my feelings to back this up, though.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #578
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I suggest we DON'T focus on Roa or tp. No wizard in her right mind would scry either of them, anyway.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #579
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Yeah, well, I looked back through and I can't find whatever it was that gave me that impression, so...never mind. You're probably right about those two anyway.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #580
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
So if I understand correctly we have 4 wolves and 1 EW. How many good guys? A GW, seer? (I assume a new one was selected), no ranger and a hunter?

The problem with THE Ka and claiming her a safe kill is there are many safe kills...I would actually be one too based on my activity up to this point. Sorry about that.

I think it is important to pay attention to Rikae and Legate as they are both acting rather oddly. If any of them are acting 'normal' it would be Rikae as she is fairly rash and can be a bit abrasive at times...but Legate, that man must be very tired or something major is up with him.

Honestly, I've only skimmed most of the posts but amd caught up for this day's of posting. I am terribly sorry about this.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #581
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Actually, I'm curious now that I think about it: why don't you think we should consider Roa and tp today? Too much attention unhealthy for them? Or what?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #582
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

My sincerest apologies, but this is a... vote summary, of sorts.

So, Day1 voting in relation to the fact that Aganzir was a Nasty Werewolf:

1. morm -> Brinn
2. sally -> phantom
3. Gwath -> sally
4. Kitanna -> morm
5. Nerwen -> Cailín
6. Roa -> phantom 2
7. Celuien -> Isabell
8. Rikae -> morm 2
9. Isabell -> Roa
10. Shasta -> phantom 3
11. Eönwë -> phantom 4
12. Cailín -> Nerwen
13. Ka -> Celuien
14. Greenie -> Gwath
15. McCaber -> Nerwen 2
16. Mac -> Legate
17. Lalaith -> Nerwen 3
18. Durelin -> Nerwen 4

19. Lommy -> Agan
Here starts the Agan-wagon...

20. Di -> Nerwen 5
She's saving tp, yes, but she's also kind of saving Aganzir who a couple of people have considered voting... Although, the threat of Agan's lynch was quite small still at this phase and it's quite obvious she's saving tp, so I'm really stretching here. But maybe it's still worth pointing out.

21. Volo -> Agan 2
No need to analyse the seer's votes...

22. Brinn -> Aganzir 3
If the wolves wanted not to lynch one another and were aware of one another's identities, Brinn looks very innocent...

23. Legate -> Aganzir 4
...and so does Legate, even though he kept flip-flopping on the subject.

24. Agan -> Nerwen 6
Well...

Did not vote even though was verifiably around: phantom.

Okay, there's little to make out of this. If the wolves knew one another's identities, it's unlikely that Brinn or Legate are wolves. The problem is that that's wrongly phrased: it's unlikely that they were wolves on Day1. So nothing we can trust in here, although this makes me, nevertheless, feel a little better about them. Don't worry, fellow villagers, I'm still able to suspect them.

To my disappointment, no one was really saving Agan, except she herself. So nothing new here either.

The phantom's no vote still puzzles me. You ghostly person, care to explain why did you choose not to vote and who would you have voted, if you had?

All in all, that analysis was pretty worthless. But it made even more convinced there's something wrong with the Nerwen-wagon... mainly looking at Lalaith, McCaber and Durelin here.

edit: xed with everybody after my last post
Old 06-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #583
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I suggest we DON'T focus on Roa or tp. No wizard in her right mind would scry either of them, anyway.
Unless the wizard in question scried them on Night1... which is a plain obvious fact and makes me a little wary of you, Rikae. You accuse people of overlooking facts or miselading people yet what you do resembles the behaviour you criticise quite a lot...

Quote:
I don't know what this might mean, but looking at the Day 1 record, Aganzir didn't have to vote Nerwen to save herself; Nerwen already had 5 votes to Aganzir's 4 before Aganzir voted. Is there another reason, maybe, that she voted Nerwen?
She's a wolf and Nerwen was going to die anyway. She couldn't think of a better vote and decided to jump on the wagon. Besides, if everybody who did not vote had turned up and voted her, she would have been lynched. So she was also kind of making sure, I'd say.

Anyway, friends and relatives, I'm going to sleep now. It's almost 4am here and I'm gradually getting more and more slow-witted (or slower-and-slower-witted? bah, this English is really killing me tonight). Aieeeeeeeee, it looks like sun's rising. I'd really better go. Good night or whatever time of the day you guys are having.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #584
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
The phantom's no vote still puzzles me. You ghostly person, care to explain why did you choose not to vote and who would you have voted, if you had?
I don't have the exact post on hand, but I believe the Phantom said that he was going to vote for Nerwen, but was prepared to switch to Aganzir if necessary. If he explained, though, I don't recall.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-06-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: X'd with Lommy.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #585
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Voting Record, Day 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
So, Day1 voting in relation to the fact that Aganzir was a Nasty Werewolf
Good lord I thought we had done with that. *averts eyes, makes sign of evil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Dearest
Also, I really would like to know why people are always so quick to lynch Macalaure early on lately.
For my part I really wanted to know what he was. Mission accomplished.

Hmmmm I guess I'll post more later, I've come down with a headache and I just can't my usual entertaining effervescent self with one.

Oh, that's right, I had one thought lingering from yesterday. What the h is up with Aganzir's directions after she knew she was going to die? Like we're all going to rush to obey a Wolf? I'm beginning to think I'm not the only one on wax in this village.

And I don't see any evil in looking at Ka's posts, I mean, what, should we inspect our bums instead? No kill means entirely nothing... and it's not even proven yet that Volo and Kit were killed "for no reason," that's just an assumption, albeit a fairly logical one. Hey, I'm not up for the task of combing through Ka's posts, myself (ugh, I'm the resident lazy child and that's too much work) but if anyone else wants to, I don't see why they shouldn't.

I shall return.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #586
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
If any of them are acting 'normal' it would be Rikae as she is fairly rash and can be a bit abrasive at times...
No I'm not. I am "less threatening".

I forbid you, Di, to look at THE Ka's posts. She and her family are just... not our sort of people. Might be a bad influence on you.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #587
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Unless the wizard in question scried them on Night1... which is a plain obvious fact and makes me a little wary of you, Rikae. You accuse people of overlooking facts or miselading people yet what you do resembles the behaviour you criticise quite a lot...
(I accidentally typed "quoth" above in the second brackets. Quoth the Penguin "Nevermore"...)
Anyway, nope. I am not misleading. Roa and tp would be bad scry choices even then - too likely to be unscried, dreamed or lynched. Too risky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
The Lommy[/B]] more and more slow-witted (or slower-and-slower-witted? bah, this English is really killing me tonight).
Either.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #588
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Same great flavor, less threatening.

(And now with triple-posting action!)
Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #589
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Lommy, the biggest problem I have with you analysis is that you have an assumption that, in my mind, is invalid. I don't think the EW would reveal the identity of the other wolves. It seems easier to have the wolves remain undected if they don't know each other.

Rikae is off the wall completely and I don't know what to make of it.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #590
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe G'day.

Quote:
I don't know what this might mean, but looking at the Day 1 record, Aganzir didn't have to vote Nerwen to save herself; Nerwen already had 5 votes to Aganzir's 4 before Aganzir voted. Is there another reason, maybe, that she voted Nerwen? (Shasta)
As I said yesterDAY, it may be that Agan feared that some of those who didn't vote yet (me, Lhuna, Kath, tp) might show up and vote for her. We can safely rule out tp (since he has thought of voting for Nerwen himself) and myself (since I haven't showed up yet then.) So I believe Lhuna and Kath were innocent on DAY 1.

Le problem est a smart EW (or one who reads my posts) might use this information to this advantage . . . one of them, at least, could have been turned . . .
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #591
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Lommy, the biggest problem I have with you analysis is that you have an assumption that, in my mind, is invalid. I don't think the EW would reveal the identity of the other wolves.
I agree. It seems more likely, as some have pointed out before, that the wolves were issued a short list of non-wolves to vote for, rather than risk leaking the identities of all the wolves to the GW by revealing the wolves' identities to each other. The pay-off (inter-wolf coordination) doesn't make the immense risk worthwhile.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #592
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Silmaril An elaboration on the Nightly action

There is now a more specified ruling that makes the Nightly actions quite precise (it is written in the rules-section in the beginning of the thread).

If there are two kills during a Night the EW will need to state which is the order of those kills (kill#1 and kill#2) to ease any confusion or situations where the result could be argued to and fro based on different interpretations of the actions.

The wizards knew this during last Night (the new ruling was not needed last Night though ).

Also if / when the Wizards will duel and thence leave the game the same rule applies to the remaining wolf-pack if there are four or more of them eg. they have two kills.

Keep on having fun!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #593
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Rikae looks a bit jumpy toDAY. Grief? Or something sinister?

I mean, insisting that villagers not check Ka's posts? Insisting that we look away from the Roa-Fantine row? And insisting that they couldn't possibly be scryable?

Are you trying to hide something? A fang perhaps, or a wand of yew?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #594
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
I forbid you, Di, to look at THE Ka's posts. She and her family are just... not our sort of people. Might be a bad influence on you.
Ai, Mommy, don't hit me.

But yes, yes indeed... and the fact that Aunt Roa married in that family (holds nose) explains soooo much.

Speaking of which, where is Roa. And phantom (okay, I did read the discussion thread, but it's in GMT and I can't be bothered to convert). I so want to see them going at it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
If any of them are acting 'normal' it would be Rikae as she is fairly rash and can be a bit abrasive at times...

(later)

Rikae is off the wall completely and I don't know what to make of it.
Hah, about face much?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #595
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
Hah, about face much?
Ummm, did you happen to read the posts that this came after? Rikae was odd but a bit more normal than Legate up until she went off on that triple post monstrocity...grasp at straws much Di?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #596
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aunt Rikae! Oh, Aunt Rikae, watch me disobey you!!!

Because I can....Ka's posts. Basically just to see what she thought. That and I'd already summarized them, so may as well put my effort to good use. Mostly unimportant now, but still....there may be something....Analysis of other players (Di first, others probably in the morning/early afternoon my time) coming up as I get it done....

KA
#243 (6:53pm)
Random. Commenting on lack of posts. Mentions lists and how they help predict day outcomes and such. Talks about Phantom's no-vote, almost seems as if she's defending it. Asks GW to give us a replacement for Gaffer Volo, our beloved deceased Seer.

Okay, lesson to be learned, don't complain about how few posts there are. Next time you check in, you'll be swamped. Knowing who suspects whom (lists, for instance) is a good way to know how they may vote/act, but I also like to see how people just interact. Look at Roa's last vote, for instance. And yes, please, I hope we have a new Seer (don't know why we wouldn't, unless the GW is a sadist. If so, I nominate Di!)

#309 (12:33am)
Jokes about my mis-post (italicizing her name). Teases Di about her postal post about Agan, then says that Agan'll probably murder her in her sleep anyway. Compliments Phantom. Talks about Legate's vote, compares it to gifted Volo in a previous game. Says first day hesitation isn't a reason to lynch someone. Withholds judgement on Legate for now. Trusts Lommie. Says she would likely pick Agan as a wolf, but further on in the game when straits are more dire. Trusts Agan, wants Gwath to talk more. Says she doesn't trust Cellie due to contradictions. Questions why Volo was killed.

Love the Vista comment in this post by the way! True, indeed. *pummels Vista* Hmmmm. This is another “If I was ____, I'd ____”. I don't like these, even though I'm guilty of them occasionally myself. Doesn't matter now, but that's what caught my eye last night, so yeah. Cellie? Contradictions? Where? She's barely said anything. Bah. Ka, why did you have to DIE???????????????

#356 (9:07am)
Clarifies the game she mentioned to Legate (referring to the recent game with the she-wolf pack? I was in that game if so, and it was Volo's if I'm not mistaken. K. Done now.) Says Agan is varyingly evil depending on her role. Is glad Gwath spoke up about his....silence.... Thinks Volo kill was semi-random. Not enough experience with Roa or Phantom to comment.

Gwath has been really quiet. Then again, he's busy like a lot of the rest of us, so I've kind of overlooked it so far. I'm still not terribly worried.

#454 (5:06pm)
Agrees with Durie to ignore Phantom and Roa, likes bandwagons (to an extent) but not the ones available. Still finds Legate odd, but doesn't want to vote him yet. Tells Agan she likes being an ordo more than a gifted. Confused about her mum Lallie. “Think like a criminal” discussion with Mac. Says Lommie's hiding something, but she's not sure what it is.

Hmmmm. Again, if she wasn't dead, I'd wonder if that was wolf communication. Here's a crackpot theory for you. Could Ka have been unscried and then killed for knowing her fellows? Maybe the EW cut communication and Ka....well, why would she tell Agan she'd been unscried? Crap. My theory doesn't even make sense to me right now. Someone else can play with it.

#522 (5:55pm)
Says Legate's “strange behavior” is justified by his exams and such. Thinks the Day's votes will be to discover things, not based on suspicions. Didn't get much time to analyze, says she doesn't know why Cabbie is such a good lynch choice. Says Cailin is more reasonable today, doesn't know about Brinn. Says voting because someone is controversial is not good. Thinks Mac is hiding something. Votes Mac accordingly.

Well....Mac was hiding something alright....I've done the same thing *furtive glance at Morm and Agan, her dead ranger friends* so we understand. I think Cabbie's quite a good choice actually, and I'll show you why later. But he's quiet enough that....well, I don't want to procrastinate on him but at the same time I'd be amenable to leaving him alone for another day or two.

Overall, not a lot, but a few tidbits I found interesting. Okay, off to set up my analysis on Di. Back in a smidge!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #597
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Effervescent Self View Post
Oh, that's right, I had one thought lingering from yesterday. What the h is up with Aganzir's directions after she knew she was going to die? Like we're all going to rush to obey a Wolf? I'm beginning to think I'm not the only one on wax in this village.
Okay fine, if no one else is going to speculate on this, I will.

As I see it, Agan had one of three motivations:

Lead us to believe that she believes Lommy is the EW or a Wolf and was sacrificing her, much to her disgruntlement.

She wants to create the appearance thereof, and make us suspect an innocent Lommy, Legate, and Brinn.

She wants to create the appearance of the appearance thereof, thus protecting an evil Lommy, Legate, and Brinn from suspicion.

My conclusion: I am sad that I cannot think of a way to work "the appearance of the appearance of the appearance thereof" into a scenario.

Also, I am somewhat surprised that an innocent Lommy would be allowed to live today. Isn't she a clear choice for a wolf kill, considering Agan's death makes her seem so innocent? IF she is innocent. If she is not, it's all so convenient. It's also convenient if she was innocent but instead of being mauled, was scried and converted to evil, because she was going to look so innocent today, due to actual innocence that no longer applies! *jabs finger in the air triumphantly*

The words of the day, children, are "innocent" and "appearance." Thereof.

But then, I STILL suspect Lommy of Wizardry. She could have sacrificed Agan, and Agan could be none the wiser about her actual role, thus rendering Agan's comment moot. Despite what TP says about the folly of the EW sacrificing wolves, we've seen it done successfully in the past and I wouldn't put it past Lommy to be going by that model.

Oh the possibilities.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #598
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Ummm, did you happen to read the posts that this came after? Rikae was odd but a bit more normal than Legate up until she went off on that triple post monstrocity...grasp at straws much Di?
I didn't see anything weird about her triple post besides a joking tone. Oh, slay me now if having fun is a lynchable offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Analysis of other players (Di first, others probably in the morning/early afternoon my time) coming up as I get it done....
w00t. I love being analyzed.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #599
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Almost forgot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
And yes, please, I hope we have a new Seer (don't know why we wouldn't, unless the GW is a sadist. If so, I nominate Di!
Gaasp! You've found me out! *clutches robes* Wouldn't that make me the Sort of Good Wizard? Or the Not Altogether Evil But Rather Naughty Wizard?

Edit: Whoo yeah, triple posting action!

Last edited by Diamond18; 06-06-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: irreleveant smiley insertion
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #600
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*shakes head in mock exasperation* Yes, Di, my dear, yes it would. Now go play with a sharp object or something. Cousin Sally's trying to bold her post about you and your silliness, and your grabbing at the hem of my robes isn't helping concentrate. Run along now. *whispers* Bother my brother or sister. They've been pretty dern quiet themselves.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote