The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #561
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
McCabber seems more of a safe and untraceable kill, due to his level of appearance in the game. There are obviously a few others the wolves could have gone after if they just wanted to make our heads turn and go, “Whaa-?”, but using McCabber as a kill brings up a different position. As if they were out of ideas, but not yet ready to go after louder players, or any that were in a two-on-two argument yesterday. Thus preventing the survivor of the tizzy from going after them. That kill would be too close for comfort for our wolves, since I’m guessing they have at least one at the loudspeaker, one on the floor passing out comments, and the rest hiding out in different voting groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
sally - can't really say much about her, except that she doesn't strike me as particularily innocentish and I don't understand why so many people consider her innocent.
Definitely have to agree with that. I remember what a Sally wolf is. Though, if she was a wolf this time, she either is taking the role of a lurker, or is up to something else which I have no clue what and why. Or, she’s innocent, and just busy.

Quote:
Nerwen - has given me reason to suspect her. Also, her slip about the ranger looks innocent.
That too. If anything the wolves would have ingrained it into their skulls that there is only the seer as a gifted in their way, and probably are still doing a dance over it. Looks like a genuine innocentish move to m’self, or Nerwen is having fun with our expectations. Though, I’m far more inclined to think she’s innocent this time, given her posting style, that and she doesn’t give me any bad vibes.

Fea!!!!!
So I take it Phantom is ready for his own talkshow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
The Ka - Now if Nerwen is sneaky, then what is Ka? (answer: very sneaky.)
… Can I avoid libel and borrow Agan’s old title of: Scary?

So far I’m leaning towards a different pick in government this time, but I’d definitely like to see Boro88 again from the older batch of representatives. It’s hard for me to suspect him, and his vote from last time can mean a mistake or either a good bandwagon, but I think it will definitely be different this time.
As for a new rep, I’m looking at either Nerwen or Lommy. Slightly more the latter. Even with the argument between Aganzir, I’m not seeing a wolf or wolves trying to cast opinions around, but two innocents, with Lommy looking more so.
This second Day she’s shown a level of interest and ability in the game that I value in a representative, and hopefully with her reason can make sure we avoid another incident as yesterday, so…

++Lommy for Representative
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #562
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Okay, I've done some skimming and decided that

++ morm for representative

Because, like I said, I want new faces to the reps, and of the two people on my innocent list who haven't yet been reps morm was the one who already hasn't been voted as a rep as I believe Lommie just received her second vote. Besides, I'm slightly more comfortable with morm than with Lommy at the moment, though I believe both are innocents. Also, morm's suspicions are not too far from my own and I judge him capable of good decisions if he indeed is an innocent villager like I believe he is.

I might post yet something during this part of the Day, but more probably won't. Good night.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #563
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading. Will post momentarily. I'm really quite annoyed with some of you.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #564
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Success! I found it! I found what bothered me about Aganzir, even though I still have 200 more posts to review. When he voted for Brinn, he said a lot things about her being reason and trustworthly and then:
Quote:
...and because she probably won't be the center of attention.
That's what tipped off my weird-o-meter, although frankly it's not all that much and I suspect him much less now than I did when I wasn't sure why I was bothered. Back to note-taking I go.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #565
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Success! I found it! I found what bothered me about Aganzir, even though I still have 200 more posts to review. When he voted for Brinn, he said a lot things about her being reason and trustworthly and then:
That's what tipped off my weird-o-meter, although frankly it's not all that much and I suspect him much less now than I did when I wasn't sure why I was bothered. Back to note-taking I go.
Agan's actually a she, Ilya. I had a smiley here, but the smiley limit has been surpassed, so just pretend.

Okay, now I'm going to post my big long post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
I am inclined to think that Nogrod is innocent. It seems unlikely to me that a werewolf, having been voted into power, would proceed to risk alienating half of his constituency by trying to have them executed.
Really not that much of a stretch, considering "half his constituency" was one person. I agree with morm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Gil- Strolled in and voted after the deadline. Amused me. I say we all just consider him innocent and call it good.
Because we all know that snap judgements based on single actions work beautifully.

Quote:
Shasta- That many posts and I still have nothing. I don't like it. He seems to latch onto Lommy's triangle idea, and go for the easy Gil target when it appears, and fueled Legate suspicion. Let's see some meaty posts today, man. Make me think you're innocent.
This is where the annoyance starts. Firstly, all three reasons you have for being "uneasy" with me are extremely flimsy. "Seems to latch onto Lommy's triangle idea." A - because two innocents can't agree, that never happens! and B - that's already been discussed, why are you still bringing it up? "Go for the easy Gil target when it appears," again, A - why was Gil an easy target? B - was it not obvious that Gil and I were bantering? I was hardly serious. and C - I always act that way when Gil's in the game (though I don't expect you to actually know that, considering Gil hasn't played in a while .) "Fueled Legate suspicion." This one might be true, but for the sake of argument I'd like you to point out where I did that. And why it matters, considering that you yourself have "fueled suspicion" on later-proven innocents that you thought were suspicious at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
That is precisely why I'm quite comfortable with assuming your innocence. Don't you see? Not only are you doing your homework on a couple people within a certain classification, but you're doing your homework on everyone. No matter how daunting the task is, I just wish we could get someone on here who can do the work on you.
Quote:
Ah, well, glad to hear it!

I'm starting work on you now. If we're lucky I'll still see you as innocent and we can hunt the WWs together.
Are they the same person? It's like they're the same person.

Quote:
This is where I think tp and I virtually see eye-to-eye with when we were both wolves. I know, I've witnessed how paranoid about the seer he can be. We want the seer dead as soon as possible. End of discussion. There was no reason to believe McCaber was the seer from his posts, and I feel sure enough to say that the wolves didn't pick him because they thought he was the seer. They went with option 2, kill someone who wouldn't leave a trail.

But with myself, and definitely tp, there is no option 2. Our choice at night kills are simple, we get the seer, every choice is made with the intention of taking down the seer. Period.
Quote:
Well, I finished by Boro read. It's what I thought... no bad vibes from him. His choices, the ones I agree with and the ones I don't, seem to have been made genuinely. And he was as dedicated as anyone to actually playing yesterday, in the sense that he attempted to get reactions and attempted to read reactions despite how nearly impossible that is early in the village.

On the other hand I fully expect he'll be lynched before the end because he boldly questions people and he's a scary WW. I might help lynch him if he starts being mean to me. But for now, I'm considering him innocent.
Nothing wrong with considering each other innocent, but you guys are reaaalllly laying it on thick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
The phantom seems to be setting himself up, on account that many Boro included, think him innocent, to the leadership position. It bothers me and I think there is dnager there. He says he's read everything and then comes up with nothing more than a sentence or two on each person, even those who he suspects. That seems fairly weak. I also wonder why the fact that I brought up, on day one, if anybody wanted any sort of structure to use in rep voting bothers him so much. Yes, I saw his explination but it doesn't make sense to me. Today I stated that I like the odd number and gave my reasoning why. It seems logical to try and keep some order on how many reps we have. Often times we talk, in other games, about how many candidates we want in the pool to make our choice of whom to lynch. It seems fine.
I agree with morm again. But on this:

Quote:
What really bothers me though is how Nerwen seems to piggy-back off phantom's ideas. A good number of people assume phantom to be innocent, and honestly I'm okay with that, despite some of my criticisms of him overall I think him genuine but I am keeping a close eye on him because I know of his skill as a wolf and I'm watching for and pointing out any lupine signs I may see. Anyway Nerwen on Day 1 didn't make any sort of impression on me, was overly quiet and reserved. She didn't do or say anything controversial. And now that she feels that the phantom is a fairly well accepted innocent she seems to quickly parrot what the phantom is saying. Her stating that they might have gone after McCaber because they thought he was a ranger sounded awfully strange to me. Gil got a free pass for ignorance so why not give it a try, eh Nerwen? Nerwen just shot up from an unknown to my top suspect based upon what I am seeing and feeling from her.
I disagree. Nerwen seems fairly thoughtful and innocent to me.

Quote:
Shasta - good points have been made against him but my gut-feeling has nothing against him. So...
What good points, Lommy? Point them out for me, cause I don't see any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Shasta - Now he has been posting quite a lot, but still I have no idea about him.
Now you're about the third person to say that, and I'm starting to become frustrated with it. I am being as clear as I know how to be with my thoughts and opinions; I really don't know what you people want from me! *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
Another word is puppetmaster...you don't really see him but he is controlling the show. I think that what Lommy feels and I do too to a degree.
The above is re: Phantom. I agree. And I don't like puppetmasters. Cut my strings, please.

Quote:
When's the last time you couldn't say this about me? It rather seems like suspecting person X because they are, in fact, person X.

Perhaps I should suspect Nogrod for posting more than once yesterday. Or perhaps I'll suspect Brin for posting in English.
I understand the defensiveness, but the ridicule's a bit much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
Ok, now I really am going to go reread the thread, and not just post that I'm reading it and instead go to YouTube.
I've done that!

After reading again, I'm still getting a bad vibe from The Ka, and I don't know why. As for reps, I could vote Brinn, Agan, Greenie, Morm, or Nerwen today.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #566
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, four pages to read...
Old 11-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #567
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Gil- Strolled in and voted after the deadline. Amused me. I say we all just consider him innocent and call it good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Because we all know that snap judgements based on single actions work beautifully.
There's a reason I made that comment about Gil. If you're innocent, then you'd do well to just agree with it and move on.
Quote:
Firstly, all three reasons you have for being "uneasy" with me are extremely flimsy.
Everyone's reasoning is flimsy at this point. Even yours.
Quote:
Nothing wrong with considering each other innocent, but you guys are reaaalllly laying it on thick.
Sorry, but we've been WWs together, and we both recognize that the McCaber kill doesn't match up. Plus we both have about what- an 80% chance that we're right, don't we?
Quote:
Another word is puppetmaster...you don't really see him but he is controlling the show. I think that what Lommy feels and I do too to a degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
When's the last time you couldn't say this about me? It rather seems like suspecting person X because they are, in fact, person X.

Perhaps I should suspect Nogrod for posting more than once yesterday. Or perhaps I'll suspect Brin for posting in English.
Quote:
I understand the defensiveness, but the ridicule's a bit much.
What ridicule? It was, I thought, a logical statement using humor to drive the point home.

Why don't you spend less time getting "annoyed" with the way I logically answer questions and look for Wolves.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #568
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

The Rep votes thus far-

Lommy for Ner
Ner for Lommy
Agan for Boro
morm for Agan
KA for Lommy (2)
Green for morm
Old 11-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #569
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
No matter how daunting the task is, I just wish we could get someone on here who can do the work on you.
We'd need a crack-team of innocents for that sort of task, and since we don't know who is innocent, and I don't think anyone (including me) would be able to stomach that sort task alone.

Maybe we should give phantom a tread for himself. I'm sure this thread would only be half the length it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Nerwen - has given me reason to suspect her. Also, her slip about the ranger looks innocent.
She gives you a reason to uspect her yet she's innocent?

As for the second, in WW people usually use slip to mean a Freudian Slip, so that confused me a bit. Do you just mean her confusion?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #570
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I suprised my self and went home afte the cabaret to do some werewolfing before going out. . .

It took my a while, but I finaly read through the posts that have gotten in since I left and I don't have too much new to say. If you notise that I am repeating stuff already said it is because I write my respons as I read through the posts and therefor I do not take into account replies that might follow.

I only really have something to say about Aganzir and Nogrod.

Nogrod: “I don't know if you have come to a conclusion about McCaber being killed or not but to me it looks very puzzling indeed. And it makes me wonder. Why not tp? Why not Boro? Why not me? (add any player you think being a major threat to the wolves). There is no ranger so they roam free at Nights. So why not?

Will you get you pompous behind down from your high horse mister!
In which way do present a more real threat to the wolves than McCaber did? Where is it written that because you talk a lot on day one means that you will come up with a great theory later in the game, chances are that you will be wrong in all of your suspicions. . .that would not be a first. . .and that McCaber would pick out one of the wolves.
And the fact that you pretend not to see a reason to why McCaber was killed seems extremely suspicious, the only problem is that it seems too obvious.

Aganzir: Tells Little Green toElaborate on more tense and more stressed than usual.” I actually think this is an unfair question, LG was not making a massive case against Aganzir. . . She was giving an overview about how she felt about the different people and in such a case you judge also on the feel that you get from the post, something that is often in describable. Now if LG had attacked Aganzir and was confident that she was a wolf, then she would have to elaborate.
Anyways this seems to be Aganzir’s style and I must say it annoys me a great deal.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #571
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
with the way I logically answer questions
Quote:
There's a reason I made that comment about Gil. If you're innocent, then you'd do well to just agree with it and move on.
Before you ask, I get what you're driving at. (Don't believe it, but I get it.) Just pointing out that the above answer is hardly "logical".

Quote:
What ridicule? It was, I thought, a logical statement using humor to drive the point home.
It came across as mean. Sorry, that's just how I read it.

Quote:
Why don't you spend less time getting "annoyed" with the way I logically answer questions and look for Wolves.
Because I'm not already? Thanks, Phantom.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #572
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post

Nogrod: “I don't know if you have come to a conclusion about McCaber being killed or not but to me it looks very puzzling indeed. And it makes me wonder. Why not tp? Why not Boro? Why not me? (add any player you think being a major threat to the wolves). There is no ranger so they roam free at Nights. So why not?

Will you get you pompous behind down from your high horse mister!
In which way do present a more real threat to the wolves than McCaber did? Where is it written that because you talk a lot on day one means that you will come up with a great theory later in the game, chances are that you will be wrong in all of your suspicions. . .that would not be a first. . .and that McCaber would pick out one of the wolves.
And the fact that you pretend not to see a reason to why McCaber was killed seems extremely suspicious, the only problem is that it seems too obvious.
To be fair though Rune, there is a point. It doesn't mean that Noggie is better at WW than McCaber rather he is more well known and experienced. I used to be considered in that lot when I was at my peak of playing. I was well known and very experienced. People like Noggie, Boro, phantom, Lommy etc...are very well known players and have proven many times at how good they are. So his point is a valid one when considered that what he is saying is that those players mentioned are likely to be higher on the wolves radar than other players that are less well known.

It's obvious to me that the wolves thought one of two things, perhaps both, and that is that they thought McCaber was the seer or that they wanted to do a confusing kill. Honestly, it's worked fairly well as I see many of us talking about it over and over and not really getting anywhere with it. I'm not sure how they would have found him the seer other than the fact that he was fairly reseved in that he didn't speak much but he was visible in that he had 11 posts.

Quote:
There's a reason I made that comment about Gil. If you're innocent, then you'd do well to just agree with it and move on.--Tummy
This seems awfully threatening my friend...

Shasta don't worry about the 'ridicule' thing. I was not bothered by it at all.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #573
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Before you ask, I get what you're driving at.
Glad to hear it. Then we shall agree that Gil is innocent forever and ever.
Quote:
Just pointing out that the above answer is hardly "logical".
Perhaps not the answer, if you interpret it directly. But if you do indeed understand the reasoning behind why I gave that particular illogical answer, then I think you can agree that it is a logical move.
Quote:
Because I'm not already? Thanks, Phantom.
Heh. Are you? If so, then please continue and tell me what you have. My suggestion that you weren't looking for Wolves was based upon the fact that you were looking at me.

EDIT: x-post morm
Old 11-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #574
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
She gives you a reason to uspect her yet she's innocent?
Ah, I see Greenie already mentioned that that part sounded wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
What I found weird was the seeming lack of reasoning behind people's suspicion; "Hey let's suspect him because others do it too!" Greenie said it was weird how Legate was lynched without any proper case against him and I think she's quite right. And I can admit I didn't have a real case, either.
So why didn't you stand out from the crowd? Why didn't you try to lynch someone you really thought was a wolf? Here you are admitting to bandwaggoning without a good reason. At least you amit it. or maybe you are just putting it out in the open so that people say that and dpn't think that you're hiding something.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #575
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
This seems awfully threatening my friend...
What do you mean? Like I'm threatening Shasta? Not at all. I'm just letting him know that I have a good reason for saying it and that it is meant to benefit the innocent, therefore if he is innocent he should let it stand.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #576
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
To be fair though Rune, there is a point. It doesn't mean that Noggie is better at WW than McCaber rather he is more well known and experienced. I used to be considered in that lot when I was at my peak of playing. I was well known and very experienced. People like Noggie, Boro, phantom, Lommy etc...are very well known players and have proven many times at how good they are. So his point is a valid one when considered that what he is saying is that those players mentioned are likely to be higher on the wolves radar than other players that are less well known.
I truly do not see your point, I belive I know your reasoning and all I can say is that I find it wrong.

I have played many games and Nogrod has also played in many of these and I cannot remember a game where he stood out from the croud in terms of spotting wolves. In some games it was him who kept the wheels turning and that was good for the game, but I am not sure that it was bad for the wolves.

btw I still consider you well known and experienced.

We can all agree that Nogrod have more experience than McCabber, but that was not what he said. . . He said he was more of a threat to the wolves that McCabber, these things are not the same.

Could one not argue that because Nogrod is more well known it is easier for the wolves to protect them selves against him, where a more unknown player is a bigger threat. At least it is a threat from which they know no defence.

Anyways I am ready to hit the town now and that means I will be voting in 10 min. or so.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #577
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
If so, then please continue and tell me what you have.
I think I've told you... twice, now, Phantom.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #578
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I'm falling alseep, so I'll just go:

++Lommy for Representative

I willl explain this and my suspicions in the second half.

PS.Have only managed to read until end of first half of this page.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #579
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
To be fair though Rune, there is a point.~morm
And Rune's got a point, like I've said McCaber works well off other people's ideas. His style always gets him suspected, but when he's innocent he's dangerous to the wolves, in the way that he appears like he wouldn't be a big threat. He pops-in, says a few sentences, usually who he agrees with and a line about who he thinks is a wolf, votes and then leaves.

Unlike my blabbering which very well leaves me tied in circles and jibbering about all these possibilities. He reads everything and then decides, that's it. If the wolves kill me, there is a much greater possibility that they did it because they thought I was the seer. But with the great risk comes the possibility of a complete blow up in your face. When I'm absolutely wrong and the wolves have me manipulated, it serves their purpose to keep my blabber-mouth alive, because it makes their job of not getting lynched during the day a lot easier.

Edit: crossed with Rune, Shasta, and Eonwe
Old 11-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #580
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

++Mormegil for Representative

It stood between him and Boromir, both have made exelent cases for their view points through out the day. I am not saying that they are innocent, but I like their way of going about things and also some of the stuff they say. . . I want a my Representative to have style and not be afraid of saying things as they are.
Also I don't want a representative that flood posts.

I think it would be interesting if some Representative got a lot of power compared to the rest, it might give the voting a new dynamic. I don't know where it would take us, but I would sure like to find out.

Anyways why did I chose Morm over Boro, well to be honest there is just something sweet about voting an enemy of old into a possition of power.

EDIT: CROSS POSTED WITH BOROMIR

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 11-14-2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: cross posting
Old 11-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #581
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lommy for Ner
Ner for Lommy
Agan for Boro
morm for Agan
KA for Lommy (2)
Green for morm
Eonwe for Lommy (3)
Rune for morm (2)

So our Reps:
Lommy- 3 votes
morm- 2 votes

*sigh*

I would've liked to see Green, Kath, Agan, Rune, and Boro as Reps. At least I know I can get one of them in.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #582
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
To keep up-to-date on possible reps, I don't think anything's changed. I want to give some new faces who I think will be straight forward...Rune or Greenie (I've dropped morm, because he's in now, and I don't want to give him three votes - sorry morm I just don't trust you that much yet). Speaking of three votes, I see Lommy's accrued three of them...what's some thoughts on that?

Also, I'm toying with the idea of going with an incumbent - Agan. And knowing that tp will now truly be ok as an advisor, I feel fine leaving him out of a seat this time through.

Edit: crossed with tp
Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #583
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Also, I'm toying with the idea of going with an incumbent - Agan. And knowing that tp will now truly be ok as an advisor, I feel fine leaving him out of a seat this time through.
Yeah, I don't need to vote. I'll still be around and be as active as I'm able to be whether I'm going to vote or not.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #584
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Speaking of three votes, I see Lommy's accrued three of them...what's some thoughts on that?
My thought is that no matter how many reps come from here out if they all stay at the power of 2 each that:

1. Lommy is the most powerful for better or worse and holds the most sway
2. That there is likely not going to be a tie in the voting, which is overall a good thing.

Other than that I think it is inevitable that there will be reps with slightly more power than others. I'm not overly concerned about it, I would start to get concerned if one person has 50% or more of the total voting power.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #585
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'll help out with getting Boro in phantom, having done a (very quick!) read of the thread since I failed to do so before leaving earlier he is coming across as pretty innocent to me. Lommy I still feel is innocent and I would have voted for her but she already has enough votes to be a Rep and Boro is second on my list of those I think innocent and he doesn't.

++BORO for Rep

I'm sorry about not being around much. I will be tomorrow for at least the last 6/7 hours of the Day - it's just a busy weekend!

Oh, one other thing. Shasta is getting pretty defensive and cross. This makes me think he is innocent as he's quite like Mith in that respect, really doesn't like what to him (if he's an ordo who obviously knows he's an ordo) are baseless accusations. That's what I'm getting from his reaction to people questioning him.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #586
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

++Nerwen for Representative

Not sure if I'll be back later, so I thought I'd get this in now.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #587
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Greenie went to sleep and I'm back.

Just the first ones to caught my attention (I really need to look at the thread better!).

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not going to dive into this tit-for-tat, you're not reading what I'm saying stuff.
Sorry, Boro, I appreciate your gaming a lot. And I'm always delighted to see you in a game I'm going to attend myself. But plese Mr. Boro, when you say my thoughts were "balogna" - whatever it is that word means - you should consider your own ones likewise. Why are you trying to twist this as I quite clearly answered you question that was something you hadn't read about (or had decided to ignore because it did not fit your interests of getting me lynched?)

I was not voting for Gwath because of the "contradictory" nature of his post but because of the possible intention behind it.

And I thought it a better idea than lynching Legate. Unlike you did...

Quote:
Alright, you like to post your final thoughts before heading out, I know that, and concede it's normal for you. Normal doesn't mean you're not a wolf, and yes I guess that means it doesn't make you one either.
Absolutely. As you said yourself. So why all the hassle? Because you thought you could get me lynched with it but had to concede it was not a case after all, right? Mr. smooth wolf?

Quote:
It's still balogna, because you assumed Gwath was a wolf and then carved out a reasoning to fit your assumption.
You are doing the very same thing Boro! You are looking at me with eyes keen seeing wolfy-moves in my posts like I did with Gwath yesterDay. So you can't kind of claim you are on the high-ground you seem to be trying to reach here... Indeed this makes me look at you even more suspiciously as I know that my vote was for keeping the informative players around while you decided to let the village be without one of it's most sharp-eyed players who could turn the tables...

So whose case was a "balogna"? No one has yet called you for it, has anyone?

Well, I'm calling you now. Why did you vote Legate?
(you may have answered this already and then I apologise and will look at your answer from there... I will get reading all said toDay after I stop writing this)

Quote:
I'm also well aware that Lommy (and I believe Agan) originally threw out the idea that since McCaber died, they want to scream "Nogrod's a wolf." So, don't lecture me about not reading carefully. I just haven't said anything about it yet,
X and Y said A is a wolf because of B. So don't lecture about me saying A is a wolf! I have not said anything on the matter!"
(and add B being like "s/he has used yellow socks before or s/he used the word "blue" earlier as well...")

You cared to echo their points, right? That comes about even with saying it yourself, doesn't it?

That is sneaky! And bad. Sorry Boro, I thought you'd perform better... But hiding behind te back of the two ladies ius just... bad.

So if you're an innocent, just check back on yourself. You are basically just doing the things you're accusing me of doing Boro and that's bad playing indeed. If you're evil, well, then we have to get you lynched sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure what to think of you.

I might vote you as a representative just to check your cards.

PS. Talking about paranoid wolves, just read this...
Quote:
I'm getting about as me-focused as the phantom here, because I thought after McCaber's death, crap the wolves are going to be coming after me, as at the end I made a case for why they should kill an innocent McCaber. Virtually, I signed his death warrant there...but really the opposite has happened.
So you wrote McCaber to his death? Was that a confession indeed, muddied by the "opposite happened" -thing? I mean were you an innocent why should you say something like that no one had seen or mentioned (Well I have not seen all of toDay)?

Bad conscience knocking on the door that is not a Heaven? ?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #588
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Oh, one other thing. Shasta is getting pretty defensive and cross. This makes me think he is innocent as he's quite like Mith in that respect
Ah, is he? I was debating privately what his reactions meant, and that thought did occur to me.

All right then. I'm generally trusting you right now Kath, so I'm going to lean on your judgement here. The only game that I remember Shasta from clearly is the last one I played, and he was sort of unusual in that one (I think he might've been strapped for time). So if you say that this is typical Ordoness from him, I'll buy it for now.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #589
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye update...

Lommy for Ner
Ner for Lommy
Agan for Boro
morm for Agan
KA for Lommy (2)
Green for morm
Eonwe for Lommy (3)
Rune for morm (2)
Kath for Boro (2)
Shasta for Ner (2)

So our Reps:
Lommy- 3 votes
morm- 2 votes
Boro - 2 votes
Ner - 2 votes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #590
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Shasta: Thanks for that, and Aganzir: very sorry, m'dear.

The Villanous Voters
Shasta...voted for Nerwen
Kath...voted for Boro
Rune...voted for Morm
Lommy...voted for Nerwen
Nerwen...voted for Lommy
Eonwe...voted for Lommy
Aganzir...voted for Boro
Morm...voted for Aganzir
Greenie...voted for Morm
The Ka...voted for Lommy

The Unseemly Undecideds
Phantom
Ilya
Gil-Galad
Boromir88
Nogrod
Brinn
Gwath
Sally

The Reprehensible Representatives
Mormegil
Boromir88
Lommy - with three votes
Nerwen

The three votes thing worries me a little, but at the same time we need more reps...Herm. I was planning on voting Rune, but now I may give it to Boro, so that there's someone else with equal weight whose judgement I'm inclined to trust. I have notes now on most everybody, except tp. Post is forthcoming.

Edit: Phantom beat me to making a list, but I daresay my titles are snappier.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #591
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm....as of now I'm thinking of voting for Kath as my rep. I agree with a lot she has to say and I feel her posts seem more innocentish than not.

I might vote soonish, which I admit is unusual for me since I tend to procrastinate until last minute. But I've been extremely exhausted these past days and I don't know if I have the energy to stick around until deadline. Better to vote early than risk missing deadline.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #592
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I was not voting for Gwath because of the "contradictory" nature of his post but because of the possible intention behind it.~Nogrod
Yet in your post (370) laying out your reasoning against Gwath...
Quote:
I'm one of those who were a bit uneasy with Gwath's vote for me as a representative. The contraditory nature of that vote was clear indeed. And it could be looked from the devil's advocate viewpoint quite easily and deemed evil.
Do I have to do an underline job like Shasta? You're connecting his contradictory vote with the reason Gwath could be deemed evil (that is what the word "and" does).

Quote:
You are doing the very same thing Boro!
I already said I'm a hypocrite.

Quote:
Well, I'm calling you now. Why did you vote Legate?
Read my posts yesterday and you'll find out...or better yet read why Legate didn't want to make me a rep, he thought I would vote for him, he was right. Someone has to go, I made the wrong choice. I mean no offense to Legate, but it was day 1 and his death isn't a game-breaker. Are you confident a Gwath lynching would have turned up a different result?

Quote:
X and Y said A is a wolf because of B. So don't lecture about me saying A is a wolf! I have not said anything on the matter!"
(and add B being like "s/he has used yellow socks before or s/he used the word "blue" earlier as well...")

You cared to echo their points, right? That comes about even with saying it yourself, doesn't it?
I'm not sure why you're trying to alienate me on this one, when I brought it up as a possible reason that could point to your innocence. I said McCaber's death could have been an attempt at a set-up, with Lommy and Agan both saying it points to you. And as I said, I fully intend, and still do, plan to pursue that possibility, but I wanted to hear your response to my accusations first.

Edit: crossed with Brinn
Old 11-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #593
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
The three votes thing worries me a little, but at the same time we need more reps...Herm. I was planning on voting Rune, but now I may give it to Boro, so that there's someone else with equal weight whose judgement I'm inclined to trust. I have notes now on most everybody, except tp. Post is forthcoming.~Ilya
I don't want to pressure you into a vote, but I don't think we need to have someone with equal weight. As morm points out now we are assured that there will absolutely be no ties (that will change if someone else gets 3). Also, it's not like Lommy's getting half the power here, it is 1-up everyone else, that can be easily balanced without giving someone else 3.

Although I would thank you for the vote, I will say I think you can put it to better use, if you would like to see more reps in there. Anyway, do what you want with it.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #594
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Like I said, we would have changes in the representatives...

Now why don't you like tp any more?

Anyway, I'm giving Boro a third vote even if parts of toDay are just black areas to me as I had no time to read them all. I'll try to catch up tomorrow as it's now 3AM here... Happily we have these 48 hour-Days!

But I really want to see what Boro does with the power invested on him on that scale... even if it narrows down the number of the representatives.
(Think of the game balance indeed! Seven "two-voters" are the happiest place for the wolves qualified... after not being a representative in the first place, that is)

I don't trust him at all at this moment but I want to check his cards whatever it leads to.

++ Boro for representative

This Day has shown how this game works.

Lommy for Nerwen
Ner for Lommy
Agan for Boro
morm for Agan
KA for Lommy (2)
Green for morm
Eonwe for Lommy (3)
Rune for morm (2)
Kath for Boro (2)
Shasta for Nerwen (2)
Nogrod for Boro (3)

EDIt: X'd with Boro x2
Old 11-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #595
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
Phantom beat me to making a list, but I daresay my titles are snappier.
Rub it in, why don't you. *pouts*

Ah, and Brin is thinking of voting for Kath. In case she does, I ought to reread both Agan and Kath to see which way my Rep vote should go. Or do either of you not want to be a Rep?

Why am I asking? They're in bed, aren't they?

Bleh.

And KA- are we going to be seeing more of you?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #596
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Why am I asking? They're in bed, aren't they?
Well Ka shouldn't be...it's only 6:30pm in her time zone. But apparently she has a real life unlike some of us...
Old 11-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #597
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Interesting, Nogrod votes for somebody he doesn't trust. I was wondering who would be the first to use their vote as a test, so to speak.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #598
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I was going to sleep but caught this...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me

I'm not sure why you're trying to alienate me on this one, when I brought it up as a possible reason that could point to your innocence. I said McCaber's death could have been an attempt at a set-up, with Lommy and Agan both saying it points to you. And as I said, I fully intend, and still do, plan to pursue that possibility, but I wanted to hear your response to my accusations first.
Hah. Long live multicultural understanding and faring together with the global English...!

I saw it as you were making a point against me. No wonder what you said looked silly to me and raised my already risen eyebrows...

But that was my bad. I see it now. Sorry.

Even if that doesn't mean I'm anything like confident with you after that one - far from it! You have a thing or two to explain until I trust you - starting with why were you making some of those really shallow cases... like the one you stubbornly re-made even if I had answered it already?

I really need to have time to check the things that have been said earlier toDay as I think I'm missing something here... But it will be tomorrow.

And congrats to our representatives!

Make better judgements we did yesterDay...

EDit: X'd with a few...
Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #599
Ilya
Wight

Shield Baby's First Big Post

Shasta - Kinda defensive lately and agreeing a lot with morm. I can follow his logic, though, and my read-through didn't give me any definite thoughts one way or the other.

Kath - Strikes me as very agreeable, though that doesn't imply innocence. Would like to see her as a rep, and what would happen then.

Rune - I am unsettled by the son of Bjarne's idea that one rep with a lot of power would be a fun thing to try. But his other logic is good, and he isn't giving off any bad vibes.

Eonwe - His posts seem a little whacky, but that does seem to be his style, from what I've gathered. He stays noncommittal and posts nothing of substance tomorrow, though, and I'm going to start getting suspicious.

Aganzir - I still have this gut thing against Agan, although at the time I think her posts were running together with Legate in my head, and the thing with Lommy seems more harmless than not. However, I do not like the implication she made about a rep not voting and irresponsibility today (521). These aren't sacred offices or anything but reps do have an obligation. As to throwaway votes, it's not a bad way for a shy wolf to act - everything's all tied up, so I'm just gonna go Nader. Or, you know, the phantom and his brand of jokery. I guess, in short, voting is important, and anyone who says otherwise bothers me.

Greenie - At the risk of bandwagoning again, I haven't seen anything that strikes me as suspicious.

Phantom - Not finished with my read of all his posts yet, but it was him who either misunderstood or stirred up the "weak" rep argument with Legate that lead to the whole Legate 180 thing. I'm inclined right now to think it was the former.

Lommy - Again, what most concerned me was the thing with Agan, which I had mixed up with with some posts of Legate's and tp's. Never really suspected her, though, and all her stuff since also seems genuine.

Gil-Galad - Initially, I thought the thing with Shasta might've been staged, but on my read today I think Gil was genuinely confused. Not much else to go on with him, either, so he's innocent until I see something that says otherwise.

Boromir88 - I trust him so far.

Nogrod - I...I just don't follow Nog's arguments. At least he's being consistent in his perplexing nature, though, voting for Gwath because Gwath's confidence in him had sinister "possible intentions behind it" and now voting for Boro, despite Boro going after him, and despite not trusting Boro. I had trouble following Legate, though, and maybe it's just a style thing that's making Nog hard to read. I mean, I feel like a wolf wouldn't be this blithe. But all this contradictory stuff...consider my eyebrows raised.

Brinn - Brinn and Agan circle voted for each other, and and her reasons for voting for Legate were, well, no better than mine, although I'd like to know why she felt compelled to vote for one of the players who already had a vote when there were still many undecided reps. I'm not exactly suspicious, just watchful.

Sally - Very successful...I believe the term is submarine? Hasn't been much in the posts for me to look at.

Haven't done Morm, Nerwen, The Ka, or Gwath yet, but I've got other stuff to write tonight, so I'll have to hold off. The Ka, I think, is kosher. The other three smell slightly of pork.

++Rune for Representative
I'd like to see another new face and I feel like Rune has a reasonable, and reasonably funny, voice.

Oh, and what does the term x'ed mean? Just curious.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #600
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I will like to thank all the people that have voiced a desire to see me as a Representative and the one who have actually voted for me.

I know that I sometimes say things that does not goes too well with the general opinion, but I only try to do what is best for the village.

Anyways I just want to inform you that tomorrow morning (in 5 hours) I am going to a family birthday in Odense, but I will be back sometime in the afternoon and have plenty of time to hunt wolves.