The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #641
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Leaving, have to vote now.

++Nogrod
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #642
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well that was not just *somebody* clever, that was our very Moddess

But I'll tell you what, I have this irrational feeling to actually vote for Shasta and just be gone. However that said, I haven't been reading his posts at all with any deep insight and I honestly don't have a clue. And it would be so random. Okay! Let's do it, I am going to actually go very quickly through his posts just to have the peace of mind after reading them (or not). Urgh.

EDIT: okay, x-ed with more, actually Shasta himself.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #643
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, it brought some new questions and stuff, but I cannot really focus on that anymore. It brought at least sort-of peace of mind in the sense that I have sort of confirmed to myself that there is only one sensible way for me to vote now. And if nothing else, it is sort of giving Greenie's yesterDay's vote and suspicion of Nogrod a support post mortem. If she ever dreamt of a Wolf, it was most likely him.

++Nogrod

Good night, people.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #644
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
As I did with Glirdan, I have the feeling this is too easy.
However:

1. I didn't like Nog's nitpicking me on Day 1 about my comments on ww's vote.

2. Greenie voting him 'just because he's Nog' would seem more likely to me for a Day 1 vote from her, not a Day 3. It seems odd that she would have singled him out like that for no reason when there were seemingly better candidates, which was why I suspected she might be a wolf.

3. I don't have any better ideas at the moment.

4. I have to leave now, and I probably won't make it back before DL.

++Nog
Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #645
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Not sure about Mira, but the way he comments on winty makes it seem like he's preparing himself to join a winty bandwagon if that were to happen on a later Day. He voted Shasta on Day 1...since it was a throwaway, it could be wolf-on-wolf, but I don't know how likely that actually is
Darling, I'm a girl. You know this.
I was talking about Glirdan, as I had been for the entire paragraph. Rereading it, I realise it doesn't sound all that clear...sorry about that.

Some thoughts:

Innocentish:

winty- He still looks like a newbie innocent to me, plus Glirdan's growing suspicion of him doesn't look wolf-on-wolf and more likely preparing for an easy lynch.

Aganzir- On the lower end of this section, but some her actions in the game don't measure up to how I imagine she'd play as a wolf.

Legate- While his opinions on a Glirdan lynch are wishy-washy, the fact that Glirdan listed him and Sally as suspicious makes me think he's more likely innocent. I just can't see a wolf grouping two packmates as suspicious.

Morsul- Logic would tell us he's innocent based on the voting, but logic isn't always the best thing to follow. If he is a wolf, that'd be an interesting strategy to take and it's always possible. Yet I do find him more likely innocent because of his behaviour. While I don't care much for his overreacting and overconfidence (boasting how he's voted two wolves), I think that may be just part of his playing style and so it just doesn't seem that suspicious to me.

Nienna- Her posts have so far felt genuine and I can't imagine her suspicion of Glirdan being wolf-on-wolf.

No idea:

Mira- I might be slightly leaning innocent, but I'm still really not sure.

Inziladun- I really don't know and it's probably something I should look into.

Shasta- While it's possible Glirdan's vote for him could be wolf-on-wolf, I somehow think it less likely. But he doesn't mention Shasta again, and maybe that dropped suspicion could indicate wolf-on-wolf. I don't know.

Lommy- She was awfully eager to lynch Glirdan yesterDay, but is it possible this eagerness could be a cover up? Maybe. Though I'm leaning slightly towards innocent, I'm still not sure enough to place her in the innocentish category.

Possibly wolfish:

Nerwen- Glirdan showed a very slight suspicion of her and then backed away. She also seemed to me not very big on the lynch Glirdan idea, but then eventually gave in. Suspicious, but perhaps on the lower end.

Wolfish:

Nogrod- I have to say, Glirdan's comment on him looks very wolf-on-wolf. Let me post it again:

Quote:
For some reason I never suspect this guy....Maybe it's just because he always comes across as the level-headed one among us (which is saying something this time around ) or maybe it's just a charm he has....Although his vote for Fea has me a little worried. Voting for her simply for initiating the voting for Lottie? What reason is that? The bandwagon for Lottie (at least the voting anyway) did not start until well AFTER she had voted.....Hmmm....
Glirdan said that on Day 1 and then didn't mention Nogrod again. With lynching Glirdan, he didn't really seem to side with one way or the other. He did vote Glirdan, but by then the bandwagon looked comfortable enough to hide in. And then there's of course the fact that our seer voted him yesterDay, a throwaway rather than choosing the obvious lynch.

I would've posted Sally's comments on other people and then analysed it, but I ran out of time. I won't be able to do it tonight, but perhaps I can jump on that task toMorrow and get some better clues about other players, along with posts from toDay.

EDIT: X-ed with Inziladun
Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #646
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork now, so in order to prevent distracting myself, I'm voting now. There's really no need for me to hold off anyway since I've already made my decision:

++Nogrod

So far we're on a streak lynching a cobbler and two wolves in three Days. No innocent has yet to be lynched. I'm hoping to keep it that way. Honestly, it would really surprise me if Nogrod does turn out innocent...there's just so many reasons that point to his guilt.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #647
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin appearing*

Sorry. I have been writing the Arda Cup 10 game results and now need to pull off to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
And if nothing else, it is sort of giving Greenie's yesterDay's vote and suspicion of Nogrod a support post mortem. If she ever dreamt of a Wolf, it was most likely him.
If she had dreamt of a wolf wouldn't she have told us so? I still don't get this logic you all (well most of you talking the last few hours) seem to cherish.

Let me put this theory bluntly: If Greenie dreamt of a Wolfgrod, then she knew he would kill her. So why didn't she reveal openly, thus telling everyone who the innocents are (so who we should not vote in the future) and secure her one more dream?

A seer doesn't fool the innocents, she tries to fool the wolves. But if the theory you are bringing forwards is true it means Greenie revealed herself to the baddies but didn't give any hints to the goodies.

Just how probable you think that is?

Anyway. Bedtime for me.

Heh, I remember you Brinn making something like an argument on my placement of my vote earlier. You know what, I need to go to sleep and I can't control when the other people make their votes... I think Lommy made quite a reasonable rant on the issue already. Sadly we Europeans can't just choose to hang on or to tactically vote "early". 4.30AM is about the most devillish DL there is.

So I will vote for either Shasta or Aganzir (I could go with Lommy as well). The two look like possible pals. Agan just looking too happy to get an innocent lynched with a general support and not making an effort to consider. So a wolf who just loves what is going on and cares not? Shasta was making that totally weird point of Agan being dreamt of by Greenie. There is no way you can honestly make that interpretation from Greenie's posts (as you can check form the quotes). So there is another agenda there? Is it that you try to help Agan or you just try to butter up with her?

I'll go with

++ Shasta

If I'd to have one more Day to make my best (as I have time then) then Shasta is my best bet as he already has two votes. But also I could say that with the two of them, Agan and Shasta, it is easier to see him as trying to play it for the mate. With Agan it might be that she was just lazy. (Well, were she just lazy, she wouldn't have been that comfortable... you know, wolves can be comfortable with lynches as they know the role of the one who is lynched, we innocents can't be that comfortable).

But Shasta's defence of Agan-dream by Greenie is just plain false so he is either a fool or false. I don't think he's a fool so I must conclude he is false.

Blah.

Seeing the latest votes... thanks so much friends. I really appreciate your attentiviness. But as you said, we can afford the mislynch. So no major harm done, even if I don't exactly like it.

Sadly you're not going to be able to read anything from the votes from toDay if the voting continues like this.

Morsul -> Shasta
Agan -> Nogrod
Lommy -> Nogrod (2)
Skip -> Shasta (2)
Shasta -> Nogrod (3)
Legate -> Nogrod (4)
Inziladun -> Nogrod (5)
Brinn -> Nogrod (6)
Nogrod -> Shasta (3)

It's 6-3 between me and Shasta now and if I counted it right it's 5 votes to come.

Your choice.

(~~~) *grin vanishing*

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-14-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Corrected the number of votes Shasta has...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #648
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Massive Greenie post

*falls from horse*

Did the rules say we have to play mad instead of just having a WW game in a mad setting? Seriously, this is one of the oddest Day 1 beginnings I have ever seen. I dislike the votes so far, though that isn't to say anything on whether they are necessarily signs of wolvery or not.

My contribution toDay will be pretty much horrible - this is the worst possible day for me to be playing Werewolf - but I promise to be much more active in the Days to come! I've got to dash, but I'll return later. Try to be sensible, meanwhile. (It's easy for me to say, of course, given that I won't be around for most of toDay.. )

Greenie gives reasons for little activity.

*falls from horse*
Back again! I'm feeling slightly hyper right now, so don't be annoyed if I'm not making much sense.. But here come some impressions of toDay.

wintywinty's vote is more suspicious. I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake. People do tend to follow Fea for no reason.
I don't see Winty's vote as suspicious - nor innocent-looking, for that matter - it just is. Meaning that s/he (which is it, by the way?) could have done that just as well as a wolf as an innocent, and thus drawing conclusions on that seems weird to me. But then, everything here is weird.

Agan is lovely and provides a lot of substance (I'd raise my hat if I had one, unfortunately I only wear a helmet), I don't suspect her - but then, I always suspect her when she's innocent, so maybe she's a wolf now. Gah, I'm flip-flopping. Family vice. Sorry.

Lottie's analysis post was interesting, but I found the "gut feeling"-thing slightly eyebrow-raising. The so-called gut feelings were mostly reasoned points, so why call them gut feelings? It just struck me that calling a point a mere gut feeling kind of lessens the responsibility over it - one can, later, claim it was just a gut feeling, not my fault that we lynched an innocent, whoops.

Lommy is acting purposefully mysterious which strikes me as weird - she's having this manner of "I know something you others don't, let's see if I care to share it!" I don't quite know what to make of it, it's not usual her but then I'm not sure if it's necessarily suspicious either.

Okay, enough ranting, I don't remember if I had something to say about someone else still, so I'll let Lommy post and go to sleep and then do the same myself. Back soon babes!

Doesn’t see my earlier post as suspicious, sees Agan as innocent, thinks Lommy is suspicious.

Originally Posted by Lommy
Darling, I already explained it.
Eurgh. Sorry. My concentration is poor today.

I know this reasoning is outrageously bad, but I'll tell it anyway because it's what I'm thinking: I'm kind of afraid that Lottiewill become this typical Day 1 easy lynch (ordo), but then again, she's the only one I have any valid point at all, so

++ Lottie
Votes for Lottie, but hopes she won’t become an easy Day 1 lynch?

Phew. Here at last, been running all day and now it's getting late again. I so wish the Day and Night phases were the other way round... So if I seem to be over-reacting (I fear I am) it's because I'm tired. This will be a mostly self-defensive post. The next one will include something rather more relevant to the game, I hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
So then, Greenie. Her vote post was apologetic, she voted when I was starting to lead the votes (prime bandwaggon spot) and claimed not to have any real reason. If there is a wolf among these four, and I think there is, I'd bet it's Greenie.
Seriously, I know being annoyed won't exactly help a thing, but I can't but be a tad annoyed. What, exactly, are your reasons for suspecting me? I suspected you yesterDay and happened to get the internet after Lommy (we're using the same one) so I voted you only after some others had done that already. That, I suppose, made my vote bandwaggonish. I had a reason to suspect you, I didn't have reason to suspect anyone else, so I voted you. Simple as that. And I think I had voiced my suspicion of you before the bandwagon against you had even started, so you can't claim my vote was just jumping on the bandwagon. As for the apologetic tone of my vote post, I was being honest. It did pop into my mind that I might be pursuing what would turn out a typical Day 1 easy lynch. I made the mistake of saying it aloud – if I had just played more confident than I was no one would have made such a fuss about my vote. Give me better arguments, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
votes Lottie (3rd vote) with what she knows is outrageously bad reasoning
Not quite! Outrageously bad phrasing, more like. The outrageously bad had to do with that I was kind of worried about a typical easy Day 1 lynch, but still wanted to vote for Lottie who I suspected. My reasons for voting Lottie, while not all that great, were still substantial by Day 1 standards.
Greenie defends herself from Lottie attacks for voting Lottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Eurgh. Sorry. My concentration is poor today.

I know this reasoning is outrageously bad, but I'll tell it anyway because it's what I'm thinking: I'm kind of afraid that Lottie will become this typical Day 1 easy lynch (ordo), but then again, she's the only one I have any valid point at all, so

[*highlight]++ Lottie[/highlight*]
Oh, so not outrageously bad reasoning?
Yeah. I was referring to the reasoning that I'm afraid of a typical Day 1 easy lynch but still vote for you. My actual reasoning for suspecting you wasn't outrageously bad. If I still can't make this understood, I suppose I must blame being a non-native speaker for not being able to explain myself.
Quote:
Unless I missed something, I wouldn't call not liking gut feelings a valid point.
You did miss something. It was that she called every point she had a gut-feeling, also those that were actual reasoned points and not gut-feelings - which struck me as horribly fishy. But really, discussing this is not fruitful as far as I can see.

Now to write some actual substance. I'm sick of talking about myself.
Greenie once again defending herself for day 1 actions.
Originally Posted by Nienna
I was pretty confident at that point that Lottie was innocent and was willing to vote for mostly anyone to save her.
Okay, but why were you pretty confident about her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by winty
and if they do not say they are the next time they post, Lottie's statement must be true, and we can assume that everything she says in the best interest of the villagers.
Yes, I think we can rather safely assume that Lottie has the village's best interests at heart. But she is not the seer. She doesn't know anybody's role and can be as wrong as any of us.

Eurgh I had some other quotes I wanted to comment on but it seems I've lost them. Off to write a list and then vote. I'll probably be suspected for voting out of the blue this time ( ) because I don't have much of an idea until I've looked at the list of villagers and considered each one in turn.
Gives two clues for Greenie being the seer, saying Lottie is not the seer, and that she will probably be suspected for voting out of the blue, which indicates that perhaps the next vote is someone she dreamed about, but is not someone many expect… Just an idea.
No, I get what you mean now.
Ok, great. Really, I'm sorry if I've sounded cross, I'm just very very tired and it's very very late and I've been up since rather early morning.
Just responding to Lottie
Glirdan – Hmm. I have no read on him myself, others have brought up good points against him, though, but I'd have to investigate myself to form an opinion.

Nogrod – Usually, at this point of the game, I'm convinced he's a wolf. This far I guess he's never been one when we've played together. So now I'm wondering if I should get worried as I've found no reason to suspect him...

Wintywinty – Too little to go on with.

Isabellkya – From what I remember of her she's been making sense and passing unnoticed. I have no reason to suspect her, but she alarms me a little because of being so smooth and sensible.

Mira – Feels innocent though I disagree with her a lot.

Sally – Her behaviour yesterDay around the voting, concerning Lottie, was weird. Other than that, she's been the usual hard-to-read Sally.

Agan – Seems genuine and makes a lot of sense. I'm not saying she's innocent - I know how capable she is of fooling me - but I won't be voting her without a good reason.

Inzil – No effing idea.

Shasta – The reasoning for his vote was rather bad, could be even wolvish - I was a little (green) suspected at that point I think but not much, so voting for me would have been rather ideal: not rubbing people the wrong way, yet not bandwaggoning either. Otherwise he has flown under my radar.

Lottie – I believe her claim though I disagree with her about almost everything.

Nerwen – No idea.

Legate – Seems innocentish this far.

Morsul – No idea.

Nienna – Hmm. Not sure. At times she feels very genuine, at others she feels like a sneaky wolf. Can't say which she is.

Skip – Seems maybe the most innocentish at this point (discounting Lottie and myself, of course), makes sense and feels genuine.

Lommy – Has dropped the mysterious attitude and feels more or less like her innocent self.

Brinniel – I'm leaning towards thinking her innocent. Her reactions seem genuine to me.

Ok, Greenie did not dream of Glirdy, because she says “I’d have to investigate him myself, aka dream of him.” Doesn’t suspect Nogrod, and is worried about not suspecting him. She did not dream of me, because she had no opinion. Suspects Isabellka because she is so sensible, but other than that has no reason to suspect her. Thinks Mira is innocent, but Greenie disagrees with her. Perhaps she has dreamed about people Mira thinks are guilty, but they are actually innocent. Greenie says Sally is hard-to-read. Thinks Agan is innocent, but says she could be guilty, but won’t vote her without a good reason. Perhaps Greenie is trying to seem not-seerish, but still attempting to convince others of Agan’s innocence. No idea on Inzil. Suspects Shasta for wolfish reason of vote. Believes lottie, doesn’t know about Nerwen. Thinks Legate is innocent, no idea about Morsul. Doesn’t know about Nienna. Thinks Skip seems the most innocent of any non-confirmed innocents. (Dream possibly?) Lommy seems innocent. Thinks Brinniel is innocent.
Not at all. And I'm sorry I'm trying to get you lynched, I just happen to think you're evil.
I sincerely hope that you will not succeed in your attempt. Talking about getting people lynched, I'd be interested to know who people are going to vote. I want to go to bed as soon as possible, but I'd like to hear some more opinions before voting..
Wants to hear who people will vote for, perhaps to try to blend in or convince them of a candidate’s guiltiness or innocence.
Eurgh. I'm starting to see why Glirdy is suspected. I didn't like that long post of his at all. Or, it was long, but it included mainly suspicion on one of the village's top suspects and confirming innocent a person everyone's been considering innocent pretty much all Day. He could be an innocent who just suspects the same person as everyone else, but I didn't like the tone of that post.
Thinks Glirdy is guilty, but doesn’t seem like she dreamed of him.
Originally Posted by Shasta
This bugs me. You say my reasoning is bad, but don't explain why.
Right. I'm too tired to look up your vote post so correct me if I'm straying, but I believe you voted me because my vote seemed bandwaggonish. I think I've said enough about that vote already. What struck me as fishy about your vote was not only that it seemed ideally placed for a wolf, but also that voting someone for a bandwaggonish vote is about as easy a reason for a vote one can come up with, one that is seldom questioned though rather flimsy.

I was about to vote for you, but your latest post made me wonder if I should after all, it seemed somewhat genuine and sensible.

Defends herself, says Shasta seems wolfish, then retracts that. Perhaps the indecision leads to a dream?
My usual bed time was approximately four hours ago.

++ Shasta

I'll explain more fully toMorrow, if required. Good night.
Explain more? Perhaps dream about Shasta, and give result the next day?
...Why wouldn't it be required?
I thought I had already given one, and meant that if elaboration on it was required I would do that later. Basically, I voted for you because your vote from Day 1 looked strategically clean (voting for someone that has been somewhat suspected but hasn't gained any votes that far - not causing discord or attracting attention nor yet getting accused of bandwaggoning).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie, about Shasta
If he were a wolf, do you really think he'd try to get me to *stop* blindly ignoring suspicious behavior? No. He'd be happy with the known innocent expressing trust for him, and unless I did have the rest of his packmates pegged (which, if Shasta's a wolf, I'm way mixed up anyay ) and he'd be fine with me chasing down innocents.
I'm sorry, I think I missed something. Could you explain what you mean by this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
As has been noted, this might seem sinister in the way ww sticks with the two candidates that are (apparently) the lynch du jour. Perhaps though, he's now following Lottie's lead as the de facto innocent, at least someone who isn't going to intentionally try to lead us to an innocent lynch. That's why I've been mainly looking at her suspects.
That, I think, is a very dangerous path to take (wow, doesn't that sound epic!) because knowing that Lottie has our best interests at heart isn't saying anything about how accurate her suspicions are. Throughout WW history there have been innocents who bark at the wrong tree for an entire game though they have the village's best interests at heart.
Quote:
And if Nerwen has been making 'great contributions', what's the cause for worry about her?
I don't like this one, either. A wolf can very well make great contributions - a Nerwolf certainly can - and off-handedly dismissing the possibility makes it seem like you are grasping at straws to suspect whoever it was who talked about the great contributions. (I've lost the spot where I found this quote, should check that, probably...)

Now, off to write my Sally-post..
Suspects Shasta, and criticizes Zil for their reasoning.
Or, alternatively, Greenie, maybe you could explain yourself a different way? That'd be great if you weren't too busy.
Explain myself about what? I'm confused. The quotes from yesterDay I picked during the Night phase when I was reading what happened after I went to sleep, I saved them on a Word file and of course wasn't bright enough to note who Inzilresponded to.
Confusing post…
HUGE SALLY POST
-States all reasons for suspecting Sally
I'm back! First off, it seems I've made a mess again with the Inzil-quote-thing.
Quote:
When you say one makes 'great contributions', I take that to mean you approve of the things they've said. That's why I thought Glirdan was being contradictory there.
Ok, that's cleared - I understood great to mean considerable of size/quantity/importance.
Quote:
Okay, after reading through as my much-less-tired self, I still don't like the way Greenie quoted Inzil out-of-context. It seems to me fairly obvious that Inzil thought Glirdan was being contradictory in his post about Nerwen, which is a fair reason for suspicion, so I don't see where the "grasping at straws" fits in. Especially as Inzil looked to be under a bit of suspicion yesterday.
Yeah. It was partly that I misunderstood Inzil, partly that I didn't like the way he seemed to imply that making sense and being a wolf can't go together.
Quote:
TLDR; Nienna looks slightly worse to me for this comment and Greenie looks worse for saying it makes Nienna look better.
A probably irrelevant question: what does TLDR mean?
Quote:
Anyway, though, my point is that waking up the known innocent from blind suspicion is not a good move for a wolf to make, but it is a good move for an innocent.
Ok, thanks, that cleared - though I'm not sure if I buy your point.
Quote:
First off, this really does look bad, Morsul. Secondly, what, exactly, do you mean by "It"? Voting early? Bandwaggoning? Because that's what you're doing, and it's not a very good method of getting wolves.
A technical point: getting a wolf lynched usually requires a bandwagon. Just saying. Of course, that isn't to say that I approve of Morsul's early, bandwaggonish vote. I don't.
Clarifications.
I'd prefer voting Glirdan or Nogrod toDay. Glirdan's death, as has been mentioned, would shed light to many things, and his interactions with Sally were very fishy. Nogrod's interactions with Sally looked bad too, and I don't like how he's been slipping under pretty much everyone's radar, being nice and invisible yet contributing. I could also vote Shasta or Inzil, but would prefer one of the earlier two.
Introduces Nogrod, a suspect that not many had suspected at that point. Also, suspects Shasta or Inzil. I am pretty sure Greenie dreamed about Nogrod, Shasta, or both.
Bed-time! I've been flip-flopping on whether to vote Nog or Glirdy, and decided to go for

++ Nogrod

Now I'm not sure if this is a throwaway, I suppose one could see it as such, but I just feel I should stir the pot a bit. I findNogrod very suspicious, he's being too agreeable and nudging things from the background, and his interactions with Sallyseemed quite wolf-on-wolf to me.

I won't be disappointed if Glirdy gets lynched. Unless he's an innocent, of course. That said, good night babes!

Votes Nogrod, its looking more suspicious that Greenie dreamed for Nogrod, because almost no one else considered him before Greenie.
Conclusion: Suspicious1 = Nog, Shasta. Suspicious2 = Zil, Morsul

Last edited by wintywinty; 04-14-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Didnt copy full document from Word
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #649
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Oh sorry about the formatting, I'm not very good at that yet.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #650
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

++Nogrod
Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #651
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Heh, I remember you Brinn making something like an argument on my placement of my vote earlier. You know what, I need to go to sleep and I can't control when the other people make their votes... I think Lommy made quite a reasonable rant on the issue already. Sadly we Europeans can't just choose to hang on or to tactically vote "early". 4.30AM is about the most devillish DL there is.
I know that and I mentioned I would take it into account. But actually, it's not voting early I have a problem with, but the opposite. I'm criticizing you for holding off your vote until it looked like a surefire bandwagon against Glirdan. If you are a wolf, it'd be easy to hide in a large bandwagon...but you'd want to be sure that there was a bandwagon and a good chance that Glirdan would be lynched anyway before contributing to his fate.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #652
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
[Lottie, hold your horses! Now new crusades, darling, please. I'm not cliaming Morsul's innocent but I'm sensing another full frontal attack and not sure if that's good...
I'm not going to crusade yet. His illogic was simply annoying and I responded to it.

A crusade is not out of the question, though - he does look suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Lottie

Should have added a smilie I meant it jokingly I didn't call her lazy. However point taken I apologize.

Again I keep saying it because I'm excited I never list reasons why I voted the way I did? I did list them. I found Sally suspicious and after reading I believe your analysis it seemed confirmed. I voted Glirdan because of Sally's post it made NO sense any other way for me. and Winty voted because of a first post vote followed by "Day 1 who cares"
Winty is new. You've hosted your own game. You shouldn't be comparing yourself to newbies by this point. Just sayin'.

Quote:
It doesn't say sees "Innocent or Wolf" it says "Their ROLE" Why wouldn't we trust a seers dream Agan... Sorry I'm back on that because I just went through the rules it was bugging me.

and Lottie I feel a challenge there... a wolf saying "I'm beyond suspicion come get me. Of course with no counter reveal I suppose I'll have to trust you.

Lastly I voted first for both wolves... If I knew they would get the most votes for the day I'd be A) psychic and B) insane for offering them up for slaughter.

Still looking at Nerwen.
Okay, this really does look suspicious.

1. What good does it do to play with the idea of suspecting me? It's a waste of time and not at all helpful.

2. As others have commented, this looks awful wolfly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
I'm not so sure who's on top of Lottie's suspect list any longer though.
Neither am I, to be honest. We've already lynched the two that used to top the list.

Now, I noticed something funny about Nog's posts...I'll be back with that in a few minutes...

EDIT: xed with Brinn
Old 04-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #653
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod;627478I do think [B
Greenie[/B] is smart enough to have gathered that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And Greenie knows that.
He keeps restating this. We all know Greenie's smart. Why does he keep restating this?

Quote:
Greenie happening to be the seer was a bonus they couldn't have anticipated - but they would love to turn it into their advantage toDay with getting me lynched. *coughLommycough*
I don't like how he uses Lommy as a scapegoat for his lynching. Either they're both wolves and he's trying to clear her by making her seem like THE leading force behind his lynch, or she's innocent and he's furry and he's trying to somehow make her look worse, he's innocent and honestly saw her as the driving force behind the lynch, or I've missed a possibility. She isn't the only one. There have been a huge amount of analyseses toDay.

Quote:
Someone - Lommy at least (with reservations) and I feel there was someone else as well - came over with an idea that Greenie might have dreamt of Agan and found her innocent? Well let's look at her actual posting on Agan (thank's for the quotes Lottie). This was actually the thing that made me question the knowledge we could gain from such a cryptic seer as Greenie was in the first place (the thing Lommy thought incriminated me... well you can pass your verdict with these quotes).
Did you even read my post? You say you can't remember who else it was, then mentioned the post where I said that in the next breath! I think there's something funny going on between him and Lommy, but I'm not sure what yet.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #654
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Vote count and ranting

Morsul -> Shasta
Agan -> Nog
Lommy -> Nog (2)
Skip -> Shasta (2)
Shasta -> Nog (3)
Legate -> Nog (4)
Inziladun -> Nog (5)
Brinn -> Nog (6)
Nogrod -> Shasta (3)
WW -> Nog (7)

~~~

Whaaaat? No votes for anyone but Nog or Shasta so far? But...but...this doesn't make me happy! I don't at all suspect Shasta, and I'm not sure about Nog! I'll probably vote for Nog (he is, after all, quite suspicious) but really, this gives us almost nothing!

Now to talk about that "almost". If Nog ends up being wolfly, then the people who voted Shasta are going to look rather bad for possibly trying to save him (Nog).

EDIT: I did not cross with anyone. Where is everyone??
Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #655
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Well, as nothing is happening, I guess I might as well:

++Nog

Although I'm still not all that sure...
Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #656
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Whaaaat? No votes for anyone but Nog or Shasta so far? But...but...this doesn't make me happy! I don't at all suspect Shasta, and I'm not sure about Nog! I'll probably vote for Nog (he is, after all, quite suspicious) but really, this gives us almost nothing!

Now to talk about that "almost". If Nog ends up being wolfly, then the people who voted Shasta are going to look rather bad for possibly trying to save him (Nog).
I agree having only two candidates isn't a great set-up, however, I've only just been able to get back on the computer and time's a-wasting.

So–

++Nogrod

Because I think we have to know his role.

I'll skim the thread now, and if anyone else really jumps out I may switch.

EDIT:X'd with Lottie's vote-post.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #657
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quick comment–

Brinniel quotes one thing I said about Glirdan completely out of context, and then uses that to show I was against lynching him– ignoring everything else I said that Day.

I don't like that. I've been seeing her as a likely innocent, but I think she's going to need looking at at some point.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #658
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

DL.

Nog is dead. He was a Wolf.

Narration will be up tomorrow, after I sleep.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #659
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin continued to walk, trying to get as far away from the dead Knight as possible and hoping to be able to find the little blue door and go home. This is when she spotted a large off coloured striped cat sitting on a tree branch above her. The odd thing about this cat was that it was looking straight at her with an extremely large grin on her face.

“I didn’t know cat’s could smile,” Alirin said out loud to herself, “my cat Dineau* certainly does not!”

“It’s because I am a Cheshire cat.” the Cat explained, widening his grin. This surprised Alirin, she didn’t know cats could talk either. Alirin took a moment to think about her situation and finally decided that the Cat looked nice enough and so she would keep talking to him.

“Cheshire Puss,” she started, unsure if he would appreciate the nickname, but he grinned on and she decided it was going well. ”Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?”

“That greatly depends on where you want to go.” the Cat responded.

“I don’t much care where –“Alirin began.

“Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.” said the Cat.

“- as long as I end up somewhere.” she finished.

“Oh, well you are sure to do that,” the Cat responded with a grin, “as long as you walk long enough.”

Suddenly the cat disappeared, one piece at a time, the grin being the last to go. Alirin stood there for a moment with her mouth gaping open. Suddenly the grin was back, and after a time the rest of him was back as well. He continued to smile like nothing happened.

“If you go in that direction you’ll meet the Queen of Hearts” he pointed with his paw, then hung upside down and pointed a different way, “that direction is the Gryphon,” now he was pointing with his long tail, “and that way is the Duchess. Visit any you like, they’re all mad.”

“But, I don’t want to be among mad people. I’ve had quite enough of that today.” Alirin responded.

“You can’t help that,” the Cat said. “We’re all mad here: I’m mad, you’re mad.”

“How do you know I’m mad?” Alirin asked.

“You must be, or else you wouldn’t be here.” the Cat said, as his tail disappeared and reappeared.

“And how do you know you are mad?” she asked.

“A dog’s not mad, you grant that?”

“I suppose so.” Alirin decided, though she had seen quite a bit of odd dog-like behaviour today.

“Well, a dog growls when it is angry and wags its tail when it is pleased. I, on the other hand, growl when I’m angry and wag my tail when I’m pleased.” he explained with a grin.

Alirin took a moment to think about this and realised something, “wait, you just said the same thing twice. You said both you and a dog do the same thing!”

“Yes.” he said, like he knew his point had made no sense all along. “I’m a dog when I’m invisible.”

As if to prove his point he slowly went invisible. “See?”

“No, actually I can’t see.” Alirin answered, quite frustrated at all the madness she was witnessing today, and quite relieved that Dineau could not turn invisible or grin, for this was far too disconcerting.

“Oh, what a shame.” the Cheshire Cat responded, as he slowly became visible again. But something very odd was happening. As a piece of him would appear it would then fall to the grown. Eventually there was a pile of various cat parts at Alirin’s feet. All that was left was a floating grin.

“Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin, but a grin without a cat!” Alirin thought, “It’s the most curious thing I’ve ever seen in my life!”

For a time Alirin just stared up at the grin, trying not to look at the odd pile of cat pieces in front of her.

“Well,” said the Grin, widening to its widest yet, “that was dreadfully painful.”

The grin then fell to the ground and rested on top of the pile. Alirin again just stared in shock before hurrying down the path yet again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

* my RL cat's name is Beau, and Alice's cat's name is Dina

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2
Izzy - White Rabbit - Ordinary - killed Night 3
Glirdan - Mad Hatter - Wolf - lynched Day 3
Greenie - White Night - Seer - killed Night 4
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat – Wolf – lynched Day 4

Alive
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Mira – March Hare
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Inzil – King of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Morsul – the Mock Turtle
Nienna – White Queen
Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Lommy – the Gryphon
Brinniel – Tweedledee

It is still Night 5.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #660
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril Day 5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin continued to walk down the path until she could hear some talking up ahead. As she got closer she could see a man with red hearts all over him who looked like a king and a woman all in white who looked like a queen. Alirin listened closely.

“Do you have any idea who may have stolen my tarts?” the King of Hearts was asking.

“No, no, I haven’t the slightest idea.” the White Queen replied, looking rather nervous about something. “Have you asked your wife?”

“Yes, and now she is on a rampage, beheading anyone who even says the word ‘tarts’.” He said, rather mournfully. “I’m all for an execution, and especially for whoever stole them, but she is exaggerating just slightly.”

“Indeed. Indeed.” the White Queen said, fiddling with something behind her back.

“I heard the Red Queen died. Is that why you look upset?” the King of Hearts asked.

“Well, no, because I’m rather pleased she is dead. We were enemies after all.” the White Queen responded, adjusting her shawl that kept coming loose from the wind.

“If you’re nervous about my missing tarts I assure you it will be taken care of. I’m holding a trial later today to find the culprit, so you shouldn’t be upset by it.” the King of Hearts said, trying to console her.

“That isn’t it either.” the White Queen said as she pulled a sword out from behind her back. “I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do this, but now I must, because I think you might be evil.”

With that she whipped out a sword, and off was the King of Hearts’ head. Alirin gasped in horror and was about to leave when she could hear the White Queen crying. Feeling bad, and rather curious, she walked up to her slowly and helped her adjust her shawl.

“If you feel so bad about killing him, then why did you do it in the first place?” Alirin asked, looking quite fearfully at the sword the Queen had dropped on the ground.

“It’s my job, as a Hunter. I thought he was evil, but I was wrong.” she said, looking extremely sad, so Alirin didn’t bother to ask her what she meant by ‘hunter’.

“I wish I could manage to be glad.” the Queen said sadly, “Only I never remember the rule. You must be very happy, living in the wood and being very glad whenever you like.”

“Though it is very lonely here, and not a very nice place!” Alirin objected, as tears ran down her face.

“Oh, don’t go on like that!” the Queen consoled, “Consider what a great girl you are! Consider all you’ve gone through today! Consider what o’clock it is! Consider anything, just don’t cry!”

“Can you keep from crying by considering things?” Alirin asked, wiping away the two tears.

“That’s the way it’s done, no one can do two things at once.” she explained. “let’s start by considering your age, how old are you?”

“7 and a half.” Alirin answered.

“I am one hundred and one, 3 months and a day!” the White Queen said.

“I can’t believe that!”

“Why not?” the Queen asked.

“It is impossible!”

“Well, when I was your age I could believe six impossible things before bre-eakfast! Bre-e-eakfast, Bre-e-eh” the Queen answered. Alirin looked closely at her, trying to understand the odd noises, but the White Queen had suddenly turned into a little sheep!

Alirin decided to take the little sheep with her for company, but suddenly a large animal (that she would later learn is called a Bandersnatch) came running out of the wood and gobbled up the little queen sheep and ran away.

She was certainly well prepared to go home now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2
Izzy - White Rabbit - Ordinary - killed Night 3
Glirdan - Mad Hatter - Wolf - lynched Day 3
Greenie - White Night - Seer - killed Night 4
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat – Wolf – lynched Day 4
Nienna - White Queen - Hunter - killed Night 5
Inzil - King of Hearts - Ordinary - hunter killed Night 5

Alive
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Mira – March Hare
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Morsul – the Mock Turtle
Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Lommy – the Gryphon
Brinniel – Tweedledee

It is now Day 5.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-15-2010 at 08:02 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #661
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Bad - We lost Nienna, who most considered innocent.

Worse - We also lost our Hunter.

Worst - We also lost an innocent Inzil.

I didn't see any gifted vibes from Nienna, so I'm concluding that she was killed because so many thought her innocent (in fact, I can't remember anyone suspecting her for real).

It was pretty clear her prime suspect was Inzil, but I wonder if looking at who else she suspected will tell us anything.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #662
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna at a post number I didn't grab, but was Day 1
Which leaves:
Lommy - I suspect her because she suspects me... this seems like something that always happens when we play together
Glirdy - no read as of yet
Zil - no read
Shasta - no real read but no good feelings either
Legate - jumped on the Lottie bandwaggon
Brinn - hmmm she seems like she is forcing normalcy... but I can't really tell
Possible suspects: Lommy, me, Legate, Brinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna at 269
Morsul's vote for Sally already toDay looks very opportunistic. To me it feels like a wolf realizing that our known innocent is pretty much going to lead a crusade against a fellow wolf and wanting to seem more innocent by being the first to join.
Possible suspect: Morsul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna at 537
No Idea/ No Read
Nog - seems not like the Nog I've played with before... I don't yet know what this says
Zil - is getting a rather lot of suspicion lately but I'm not quite sure why... he just seems a bit defensive for my taste at the moment.
Shasta - something about him isn't sitting quite right with me
Morsul – I didn’t like his opportunistic vote for Sally yesterDay
Legate – what is a little concerning about Legate right now is that Sally voted for him Day One… this is nothing against Legate but it makes me question my general tendency to trust him
WinWin - need to hear more from him toDay
Possible suspects: me, Morsul, Legate, Winty

----------

Appear once: Lommy, Brinn, Winty

Appear twice: myself, Morsul, Legate

I'm not sure how much this tells us, since practically everyone considered Nienna innocent, but it might have worried the last wolf. I think I'm going to look at Morsul next (since I already suspect him), but it may take a bit.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #663
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm not sure how much this tells us, since practically everyone considered Nienna innocent, but it might have worried the last wolf. I think I'm going to look at Morsul next (since I already suspect him), but it may take a bit.
As Nienna didn't go strongly after any currently living player, I doubt she was killed just to eliminate a threat. But Morsul needs looking at anyway.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #664
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I might have a look at Brinniel. I can't say I seriously suspect her all– but there is that thing I mentioned yesterDay, about her quoting me out of context and apparently using that to misrepresent my actions on Day 3. Now people can do that in good faith if they're in a hurry– but, when you couple that with the fact that Brinn herself really was fairly reluctant to lynch Glirdy– at least that's the way I remember it– it does make me wonder.

Likely nothing will come of this, but I may as well get it out of the way.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #665
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

A List! Because I don't have time to do much else

Trust
Lottie

Trust mostly
Shasta
Nerwen
Skip
Legate
Agan

Trust more than not/Unsure
Skip
WW
Brinn
Mira
Lommy

Suspect
Morsul

I'll probably only vote someone from the last two categories, and probably Morsul.

I'll look more closely later at the Lommy/Nog thing I noticed yesterDay, but now that I think about it, I don't think it'll amount to much.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #666
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Brinn, Day One

Fea's vote "very Fea-ish", probably innocent but needs explanation.

Asks if wintywinty's vote is valid; if so, doesn't like "silly random throwaway votes".

Doesn't like Lottie-wagon, but cautions against creating a second bandwagon. Doesn't want to drop retractables.

#148.
Doesn't like suspicion of Legate. Votes Fea for her random vote.

Comments: So far Brinniel looks good. While her vote might seem like a contradiction of her earlier position on Fea, in the meantime Fea had had a chance to explain herself and had just posted silly banter.

EDIT:X'd with Lottie; fixed formatting.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #667
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
One wolf left AWESOME job guys!

here reading am "shocked" by the already present suspicion on me
Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #668
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Hey, Lottie, you've listed Skip in two different categories.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #669
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
she made sure he wasn't skipped... haha...wow.. that was terrible...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #670
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Doing through noticed this

Skip:
That doesn't seem like a thing that would prevent someone from checking up on the thread, him being in his own flat and all.

(Reffering to my kitchen painting)

Skip if you only knew how easily distracted I am that kitchen would never be finished if I checked up on the downs
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #671
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Either the voters are using their one time retractable votes in silly posts(therefore wasting them) or they'll later say when voting an innocent "I realized they were innocent After voting but could do nothing about it...sorry.

Either way I find the votes meaningless and suspect.

Other than that have 3 minutes till I leave for work won't get much done today I'll be on for an hour later at which point I'll have to vote.
Dislikes people using their retractables so early, finds the votes "meaningless". Huh?

Quote:
Legate I love you for actually getting my point even if you disagree

Have to read more in depth though have to vote shortly.

And why am I always classified with "Knee-Jerk" reactions? I see something I form a hypothesis everyone calls it "knee-jerk" I call it Scientific method

Taughtus Taught us that!

ok reading
One of many "why me" posts. No real content.

Quote:
Had this argument last time maybe I should do this "so and so "FEELS" off" somehow acceptable me seeing something I find odd and pointing it out that's weird?

Anywho... No one pops out want to vote agan... but won't because That Would be knee jerk... I do have to vote soon though

(Responding to post 80 forgot to quote it.)

Quote:
First post vote followed by "Day one who cares?" then a bit of the Tweedles poem.

++WintyWinty
Throws away his vote on Winty the newbie.

Quote:
Let's all use our retractable votes so if a wold happens to trick us we're done. With my track record I'm saving mine
Intends to keep his retraction.

Quote:
Plans? I have none last few times it came down to my vote I made the wolves win, I'm going to try Not to repeat that
No content. I will point out, Morsul, that your last vote did that because you voted not two hours after the day started. Just saying.

Quote:
Agan changed Avatars mid-game Obviously Evil!!!!(Joking)
Jokingly suspects Agan. Not-so-jokingly looked for support for her lynch earlier, though.

#223 - no content - not quoting.

Quote:
Boro voted Glirdan then changed to Fea.(An example of a well used retraction by the way)

Methinks either Glirdan is suspiciou or the wolves picked the person who pushed their cobbler friend over the edge.or they considered it the least traceable.
Suggests reasoning for Boro-kill.

Quote:
Maybe Lottie is the other Sherriff? Boro switched votes to save her?
Nothing suspicious here.

Quote:
I'm Fairly certain I won't be on before DL today so I always suspect Sally however Lotties Post was nicely confirming

++Sally

If I can I MAY have to use my retraction today if I'm back in time.

However Sally is quite smart whether or not I agree with her. I don't think she'd read my sarcasm as anything but, also she says she wanted to try and get me lynched but "no one would go for that" She admits trying to start a Bandwagon.

Have fun I'll Try to be on later.
Opportunistic vote with suspicious reasons. Don't like it.

Quote:
Popping in for one post while waiting for my fiance to return.

I voted because I thought it'd be the only time I could. Second... well there is no second.
No content.

#356 has no content either.

Quote:
you did insult me you called me a lemming sorry the tone in my post was off as well. I knoew what you meant I had nothing to add but that

And for the record every time I try to defend myself everyone says "WOAH Over the top response must be a Wolf"

Though I'm not changing my vote I like the tone of Sally's defenses(I just don't believe them)

Sally I got your back... sort of
Which in itself seems overdefensive. Also, very weak, but could that last bit be a wolf-Morsul apologizing for bussing a teammate?

#381 has no content.

Quote:
This Post has been buzzing through my head All Day...

If Glirdan's innocent and we lynched him we'd just lynch Sally today... So what pay off would there be to lie? To last One more day?

I think Glirdan's a wolf... Sally I think was planning a False Seer reveal, just look at this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Inzil: Not a wolf. Plain and simple. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.
The move only makes sense to gain our trust... Gaining one day isn't worth it. I mean 4 out of 16.... 3 out of 16 still gives us lots of time still I just don't see a one day gain worth it.
I sort of agree here, about Sally and the possible false-Seer-reveal, but he fails to mention it would also out the real Seer if it only gave one more day to a Sallywolf. Also, suspects Glirdan early on a bit here.

Quote:
Yeah but Inzil I think a false seer reveal would gain her more time than the one day gained from the lynch.

I don't understand the motivation otherwise.
This post makes me think I might have misinterpreted the previous post. Morsul, care to clarify?

[quote=I know this will be an unpopular move however I'm going with my gut on this one.

++Glirdan

It got me one wolf so maybe It'll get me another.[/quote]

This vote looks more opportunistic than the Sally-vote. Also it's another early vote.

Quote:
Only here for a minute I voted Early because I keep colliding badly with the times of the game I'm usually free all night phase and have maybe an hour or so during the day normally at the beginning.

"It" means going with my gut. Also like to point out I still have me retractable. If I didn't I might not have voted at all This way If I see something I can change... Hasn't happened yet. I'm 95% sure of this vote. I really Really Can figure out any other way Sally's vote and cry to Nienna makes sense.

Lastly I'm rushing this post... To the person who said they'd eat their hat if Nienna and I were Pack mates Don't worry your Hat shall remain in tact.

See you all tomorrow(Maybe)
RL reasons for voting early. Not much suspicious here, I think.

#559 is expressing sadness over Greenie's death.

Quote:
Moving away from Greenie for the moment...

I was shocked by the pick if I do say so myself not to toot my own horn I was sure I was going to be the victem to days in a row with the right vote... That NEVER happens for me(I'm excited) keep it alive folks!

I'm looking into Agan this is going to be a looong loong post coming up... sorry
Generally if you're starting a phrase with "not to toot my own horn, but..." it's probably a good idea not to use said phrase. Anyway. Starts "looking at" Agan again.

Quote:
I don't suspect her that's the point I was fully prepared to vote Greenie today.

I need to look at people I don't suspect. Agan sprang to mind.
"her" refers to Greenie. I'm confused - so you were fully prepared to vote Greenie even though you didn't suspect her? Also, what's this about not suspecting Agan? *looks up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #568
keep alive folks is "wolfy"? really three days cobbler wolf wolf youd Don't want to keep that trend alive?
Defends himself and his comment.

Quote:
Why'd I say it? because I'm psyched this is the furthest I've ever made it on the winning side in WW I said it more for myself...
Defends the same comment.

Quote:
Agan 37

Wow that's a long post.

Defends Winty from Nerwen... calls Nerwen suspicious for asking a reasonable question. Talks about wolf strategies.

Agan 55 Seriously... Take the keyboard away from Agan!

Another long post. boils down to a lot of not much. I still think he want's everyone to get rid of their votes... I t just seems bad what if we Need them later? no one has "Extra" votes this time retractables are an excellent tool, for us and yes sadly for the wolves but with only two wolves left it's even better for us to have them.

Agan 62

List. Most Likely to vote me.... These three show an odd trend however Each One mentions a slip-up maybe She keeps saying something like "Wow I'm glad no one thought I was a wolf for that." As if relieved no one picked up on her mess up.... but only three posts not enough to worry about yet.

By the way While I'm writing this I have another tab going checking on whats going on real time. Shasta thinks Agan was dreamed... Well She May have been but how would we Know that? I think someone's trying to get me to look somewhere else as is Lottie. Now all three can't be evil but One may be

Agan 80

Agan keeps talking about Cobbler appearing "innocent" to seers... I've never known this rule/idea. Seems to want us to not entirely trust our seer granted this point after Fea's lynching is moot it is still strange to advocate. Oh and real quick I'd like to point out 2 wolf votes maybe my logic Does work sometimes!

Agan 88

Mostly response to me. First off thanks for calling me Lazy, That was pretty cool of you. Second I take these games too seriously if I'm "Half Hearted it's because This time around I'm trying to have fun, which I am. Lastly uses retractable taking own advice good move.

Quote:
Imagine some innocents, a couple of wolves. The innocents have used (most of) their retractions, the wolves haven't. The wolves can vote for whomever is the most convenient for them and then, when most other votes have been given, unite and direct their votes towards an innocent who is lynched, and nobody else can do anything. Because I can see that scenario, I'd rather eliminate it before the wolves have even a chance to try it.
That's why you keep it and not use it. Though it seems Sally used hers as well maybe have their pack-mates keep theirs while trying to get the rest of us to use ours?

247 At this point she's using a lot of 'Yeah I'm a wolf ha ha' lines in some of her posts too many for my comfort as Sally said wolves can hide behind these jokes and she's bee using them a lot.

I'd like to point out Lottie has Agan Greeni Glirdan and Sally as the wolves Ok Greenie is wrong but the other two are right... So agan this is a very very Small point against you tiny (It won't be a vote maker don't worry.)

249 rebukes Lottie... good show...

At this point Agan is on the fence for me. I won't vote her unless I see something amazing in the rest of her posts.

Suspects Inzil for listening to him... Another Argument I've had. Why do we bother listing reasons unless we expect to persuade anyone? Why am I doing this post? Sure I could look through say "Hey agan's cleared/guilty(let you know when I'm done)" Then everyone would say "where's your reasoning?" I read other peoples' analyses and like their reasons so I I take that was a reason to vote. I'm sorry about the way I do things.

This isn't only Agan's view but I find it all too common.

I really don't like the way Agan's going after people who haven't used their retractions seems to be an easy way to pick off people and have her dream scenario of only wolves having theirs left.

Line she does something she condemns others for she take's nienna's word and changes suspicion. I'm Opportunistic Lazy a Horrible Person should be lynched right now and so what I voted for two wolves so what obviously I some horrible person.... (Sorry, Serenity NOW)

Last Paragraph agains says she put Sally as supicious based only on what others said isn't that terrible thing to do Agan... "Do as I say not as I do?"

1 Am I'm really sleepy... Look I Can't find anything outside of some name calling I feel unfairly towards me I can't find anything Agan is cleared in my mind....

Nerwen Tomorrow... or later today whatever time it is...She's always under my radar.
Agan is cleared in your eyes? Are you sure we're looking at the same post?

Quote:
Lottie
Quote:
1. And you said Agan was rude!
Should have added a smilie I meant it jokingly I didn't call her lazy. However point taken I apologize.

Again I keep saying it because I'm excited I never list reasons why I voted the way I did? I did list them. I found Sally suspicious and after reading I believe your analysis it seemed confirmed. I voted Glirdan because of Sally's post it made NO sense any other way for me. and Winty voted because of a first post vote followed by "Day 1 who cares"
Defends the same comment a third time. Also, I don't think you can classify yourself as a newbie anymore, Morsul.

#591 has no content.

#592 also has no content.

Quote:
It doesn't say sees "Innocent or Wolf" it says "Their ROLE" Why wouldn't we trust a seers dream Agan... Sorry I'm back on that because I just went through the rules it was bugging me.

and Lottie I feel a challenge there... a wolf saying "I'm beyond suspicion come get me. Of course with no counter reveal I suppose I'll have to trust you.

Lastly I voted first for both wolves... If I knew they would get the most votes for the day I'd be A) psychic and B) insane for offering them up for slaughter.

Still looking at Nerwen.
Tries throwing suspicion onto Lottie?! Also, the defense in this post makes entirely no sense.

#595 gets a big "huh"? from me.

Quote:
Painting my kitchen today so no time.

++Shasta

Quote:
Quote:
ME: So Feas was a cobbler yay us.
Shasta: Something that bothers me is that Lottie has been pouncing on her four suspects for "acting too innocent", but misses this completely. Lottie, I realize you're a known innocent, but really? Just because you think you've spotted all four wolves in the first day doesn't mean you stop looking at anyone else and focus solely on those four. For example, several of the points in your "Sal-alysis" are pretty clearly grasping at straws.
grasping at straws this isn't?

Quote:
Like I said... day 2 easy lynch. With Morsul being opportunistic and Winty being bandwaggonish (going to get reasons for your votes from your packmates tonight, winty?), it's kind of hard to choose, but...
++Morsul
Gave my reasons.

473 and 474 backpeddles pretty quick

534 votes greenie...

Have fun! I need a WW break so I probably won't be back before DL(Sometimes you have to put the computer down.)
No, it's not "grasping at straws". *irritated*

-------------

Conclusion - I think Morsul looks furry.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #672
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wintywinty – not guilty... voted day 1 but haven't seen anything beond that

Mira – Last of the Tea Party possibly guilty

Agan – Innocent

Shasta – Probably guilty

Lottie – innocent

Nerwen – The devil wears prada

Legate – no idea

Morsul – Innocent...Ordo... and backup lynch if need be

Skip – Innocent

Lommy – Hopefully innocent

Brinniel – no idea
Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #673
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok obviously my grammar needs a bit of work... I wasn't comparing myself to Winty I was stating my reason for voting him... Lottie said I gave no reasons so I threw out the reasons I voted my votes.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #674
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here's a move for you Shasta and Lottie... and Skip... and it'll prove Lommy right... and since Nienna suspected me I'll be under fire anyway. You guys need to look at other people for the wolves I'm distracting you I'm cluttering your heads.

I need to get out of the way for the good of the village

++Morsul

I'm serious vote for me so you can get to the real wolf.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #675
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Brinniel quotes one thing I said about Glirdan completely out of context, and then uses that to show I was against lynching him– ignoring everything else I said that Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I might have a look at Brinniel. I can't say I seriously suspect her all– but there is that thing I mentioned yesterDay, about her quoting me out of context and apparently using that to misrepresent my actions on Day 3. Now people can do that in good faith if they're in a hurry– but, when you couple that with the fact that Brinn herself really was fairly reluctant to lynch Glirdy– at least that's the way I remember it– it does make me wonder.
First off, no I never said you were against lynching him. I said you seemed hesitant about a Glirdan lynch...not the same as being totally against. If you were completely for lynching Glirdan all along, then I really didn't get that impression.

Secondly, any slight reluctance I showed in voting Glirdan wasn't so much of me questioning his role, but I was frustrated I had to vote early because I wanted to give him a chance to defend himself first. I've been lynched before without having the chance to defend myself and regardless of role, it really does suck to have that happen. Well, he never did show up to protest the cases against him, but I didn't know at the time he'd turn out to be a complete no-show. Also, I never got much of a chance to look at other players aside from Glirdan, which would've been nice. But honestly, I most likely would've voted him anyway.

Okay, it's late again, so I won't be looking into anything until tomorrow. If I'm correct, there is one wolf left among nine players with unknown roles. How awesome it would be for the village to lynch the final wolf toDay, though I don't think it'll be so easy. I don't envy the final wolf; I've been placed in such a position before and it really is horrible. But just because only one wolf is left by Day 5 doesn't mean we can't lose. Which is why even though the odds are in our favour, we still need to work to find the last wolf and not get lazy. In other words, keep up the good work.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #676
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Oh, don't be ridiculous, Morsul. Some people may suspect you, but no one has voted for you yet. For all you know, another player may pop up later in the Day as more suspicious. So let's not be hasty here.

A request: Don't just throwaway your votes, people. No innocents have been lynched yet, and I refuse to break that streak!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #677
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Here's a move for you Shasta and Lottie... and Skip... and it'll prove Lommy right... and since Nienna suspected me I'll be under fire anyway. You guys need to look at other people for the wolves I'm distracting you I'm cluttering your heads.

I need to get out of the way for the good of the village

++Morsul

I'm serious vote for me so you can get to the real wolf.
This is the stupidest move ever and does absolutely nothing to allay the suspicions I voiced the other day. However, Form is currently distracting me and I should have been in bed hours ago, so more about that later.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #678
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Brinniel, Day Two

Believes Loslote's claim. Result of lynch fairly good. Thinks it likely at least one wolf would have been trying to save Lottie (this was true).

winty's stated reason for voting her absurd, but probably just newbie-ish-ness. Agrees with me that we shouldn't ignore Lottie-voters either. Skip and Nog "seem reasonable so far". Ask Lommy to back up her claim that there were actually good reasons to vote Loslote.

Now understands what Lommy meant, but disagrees. Greenie's vote ill-reasoned, but not necessarily wolfish. Nienna and Shasta look somewhat bad for their Day One votes. Responds to Aganzir, who pointed out that there was no apparent way winty could have known Brinn's reputation: says winty has now admitted making it up, and still thinks him just a n00b. Doesn't like Mira's vote for winty. Agrees Sally is suspicious, and can understand why people are voting her (Sally had five votes at this point). Unlikely all Lottie's suspects are wolves. Izzy and I are under her radar.

Comments: Failure to take advantage of winty looks good, sudden late suspicion of Sally– whom she had never mentioned before– looks a bit dubious.

Votes Sally (6) "for reasons stated above".

Agrees with Glirwolf that wintywinty "really hasn't made much of an improvement from yesterDay" and might be a wolf, but doesn't really think so.

#418. Asks if deadline was extended.

#427. Had missed the post about extended deadline.

General comments: Nothing really suspicious here either. The only things that do worry me slightly are the overall careful and bland tone of Brinn's posting, and the fact that she showed no sign of suspecting Sally (unless I missed something) until the latter had five votes.

Sallywolf says here that she has "no worries" about Brinn and Nogwolf singles Sally's trust of Brinn and Zil (innocent) out to comment on. If Sally was indeed planning to play the Seer, this would tend to support Brinn's innocence.

EDIT:X'd since my last post
Old 04-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #679
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Hey, Lottie, you've listed Skip in two different categories.
Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Really he could go in either category for me, so I put him in both intending to put him in one or the other in the end, but forgot. Although to be honest, that really does best illistrate how I think of him, so meh.

Quote:
Wintywinty – not guilty... voted day 1 but haven't seen anything beond that

Mira – Last of the Tea Party possibly guilty

Agan – Innocent

Shasta – Probably guilty

Lottie – innocent

Nerwen – The devil wears prada

Legate – no idea

Morsul – Innocent...Ordo... and backup lynch if need be

Skip – Innocent

Lommy – Hopefully innocent

Brinniel – no idea
What the hey is this?? IC banter on Day 5? The devil wears prada? What does that even mean? How does this help anything? It doesn't even make sense!

However...let's throw a little wrench in the bandwaggon.

Morsul probably is not furry. If he was Sally's packmate, they'd seriously both vote Wilwa Day 1 for putting them through this. They do NOT work well together in the least. Morsul wouldn't even play in the same game as her last game.

I have no idea whatsoever what he was thinking when he voted for himself, but it could easily be innocent. *grumbles*

EDIT: xed since Morsul's vote.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #680
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
First off, no I never said you were against lynching him. I said you seemed hesitant about a Glirdan lynch...not the same as being totally against. If you were completely for lynching Glirdan all along, then I really didn't get that impression.
I wasn't "completely" for lynching Glirdan from the start of the Day, no. What did you expect? I'm not the Seer, I hadn't dreamed him and I was trying to look at both sides of the case. You quoted part of an early post of mine, ignoring everything I said before and after. Then you used that to claim I was overall "wishy-wishy" about suspecting him. As I said, I really do think that's quite a distortion.

That said, however, I haven't yet seen any other reason to suspect you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
However...let's throw a little wrench in the bandwaggon.

Morsul probably is not furry. If he was Sally's packmate, they'd seriously both vote Wilwa Day 1 for putting them through this. They do NOT work well together in the least. Morsul wouldn't even play in the same game as her last game.
You know, my gut feeling currently is that you're right– but he's certainly not doing himself any favours, the way he's acting.