The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2003, 02:14 PM   #41
Dimannûnien
Animated Skeleton

Dimannûnien has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I grew up watching Christopher Lee in various Hammer horror films....Dracula, the Mummy and so on. I'm sure he did play a goodie in one.....the Gorgon, and I remember thinking how odd it was.
Dimannûnien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 03:57 PM   #42
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is off-topic, but I was wondering if anyone else here is a fan of the Myst game series? All three games have great character and are very atmospheric and cool. Try out Myst! When I first tried out Riven I was blown away by how neat it was compared to Myst, and again with Exile.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Grimbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:38 PM   #43
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I grew up watching Christopher Lee in various Hammer horror films <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Weren't those films just great! <P>Sorry, off topic too.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:12 PM   #44
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Some of these films were not the actors first films, but they were memorable to me:<P>Elijah Wood: Loved North, that movie came out when I was like 10, and I always loved the idea of being able to choose your parents. The Amish scene was stupid but the best.<BR>Also recently they have been showing the film The Faculty on cable, that is a weird movie. It is a teen horror film about aliens taking over a high school, I did not think it was a good one, it is not scary at all, Elijah of course plays the smart naive freshman, and he gets the girl in the end.<P>Bernard Hill: Titanic, I remember him so well from that film, I loved that movie so much.<P>Viggo: He was in A Perfect Murder, as the hired murderer, won't tell you what happens to him, but it is not pretty.<P>that is about all I have now ...<BR>Oh and of course Hugo Weaving in the Matrix
Old 02-07-2003, 07:09 PM   #45
thalioniathiel
Animated Skeleton

thalioniathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

imagine my shock when I watched Harrison Ford's movie that takes place in Amish country, Witness, and saw a familiar face grinning out from under an Amish hat...Viggo Mortensen...<P>awhile back I sat through part of The Faculty just because Elijah Wood was in it. horrid movie.<P>Sean Astin is perfect in Rudy! <P>I came to like Viggo's character in G.I. Jane. did you know that the copy of D.H. Lawrence's poems used in the movie was his own dogeared copy? and some of the paintings in his A Perfect Murder character's studio were his paintings. cool, huh?
thalioniathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 05:43 AM   #46
Dimannûnien
Animated Skeleton

Dimannûnien has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hugo Weaving in Priscilla Queen of the Desert.....let's just say, if you thought Craig Parker was camp then you've seen nothing! Love the scene involving a performance of 'I will Survive'.<P>
Dimannûnien is offline   Reply With Quote