The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2003, 11:53 AM   #41
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Haunting Spirit

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Loverly poster! My mother is going to have a nice faint when she gets a look at it.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:21 PM   #42
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Tolkien

Somehow, I feel that Aragorn could be a little more...kingly. There is another teaser on lordoftherings.net of him with his hair brushed (a start). And if I can remember, I think it was pulled back.

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 01:20 AM   #43
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Somehow, I feel that Aragorn could be a little more...kingly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Actually, the look in his eyes says it all for me! It tells me the King has returned indeed, and Aragorn the Ranger metamorphoses into Elessar the King; that's a nice thought for me, at least! His expression is much more set and calm, even than previously. It speaks to his acceptance of destiny, or something like that! (Forgive me, I like to analyze pictures like this!). And for those of you who find his eyes scary, I always found Frodo's much more so. Elijah Wood should play a serial killer, truly!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I didn't know they altered eyes, but there is one pair I wished they did change: Frodo's. Hobbits are supposed to be earthy-looking, and I think he fails terribly. but he's still cute.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Speaking of Frodo eyes and Frodo's look, I think it is actually apt that they chose someone a bit ethereal, rather than earthy for this role. It underscores the "elvish" air that Faramir and others notice about Frodo in an external way, so we can all see it. Sure he doesn't look quite hobbitish; he looks like a little Elf! <P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #44
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>This poster is So. Stinkin. COOL! The best Aragorn poster I've seen yet. It says so much, I don't know if it's because I've read the books, or simply because it screams "King". *sigh* 'Tis very awesome!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*chuckles* As funny a way as that seems to put it, I agree.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Is it just me, or does he somehow not quite look like Aragorn? He looks different. In a good way, but odd<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Of course he doesn't look like Aragorn, he is slowly morphing into Elessar. He has a lot of names.. <BR>Has anyone else noticed that each one seems to reperesent a stage in his life? <BR>(i.e. Estel-the twenty year old child who fell in love with Arwen. Strider- The "grim to look upon" Ranger who saved the hobbits lives and, quite technically, the entire world. etc...)<p>[ July 18, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #45
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

*Resumes supressing rabid fangirl tendencies* <P>I love teasers...how much longer!!!<BR>I think this poster is great very mysterious, the image stays with you for a while doesn't it? If I were sauron I know this image would make me shake in my rather large spiky metal boots! <P>EDIT: Why can't I spell?!?!<p>[ July 17, 2003: Message edited by: Cinderella ]
Old 07-18-2003, 09:34 AM   #46
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ummmm okay... it's a good poster yeah but what's all the comotion about!! It's Aragorn fa cryin out loud. hmmm i wonder how many of the lotr fanboys found "hypnotizing", hmmmm the human race, i will never understand it .<p>[ July 18, 2003: Message edited by: Lady_Báin ]
Old 07-18-2003, 10:11 AM   #47
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

Don't trouble yourself about it, My Lady. It's only the antcipation of the movie that makes people this way. Not the poster itself. <P>Dispite my own (potentially contradicting) reply above, I get my kicks from the people who write things like that. It's kinda sad in some cases, like the whole <I>"Orli"</I> obsession thing. Sick. I don't get it either.<P>-Arwen

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 12:21 AM   #48
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

*drools* erm... I really don't have anything to add, other than some one had better send this to Lush soon.... (some one might get hurt if we don't lol) *is lost in Viggo's eyes* <I>mental note to self: buy RoTK teaser poster when home</I>
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote