The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #761
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question Sally.
If you were in contact with Kath like you say - then why did you follow her in lynching an innocent Hansy?

X'd since Mnemosyne's #753
Old 02-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #762
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Question Sally.
If you were in contact with Kath like you say - then why did you follow her in lynching an innocent Hansy?
At the time I hadn't been dreamed, or rather I'd been dreamed but I wasn't a gifted at the time so she couldn't PM me. And she hadn't dreamed Hansy yet, so even if I had been talking to her it would have only been our hunches, not actual information.

AND I thought he was guilty.

Why exactly is it bad to follow the seer again?

Wait. Why am I even responding to Izzy?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #763
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Rikae, your plan sounds good, but I still don't want to do anything even remotely trust-like until you give whatever explanation you have for the Day Two lynch. And it may be none. If I'm going along and believing sally here that means that I must fully expect our Noble Mod to mess with our heads. But. I'd still like your thoughts on the matter. If Izzy is as guilty as you say, why was she saved?

Might there be another gifted role?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #764
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
By the way, I know I didn't express this plainly, so I'll tell you now.

Kath's dreams
Night One: Phantom (white pawn)
Night Two: Noggie (white knight)
Night Three: Sally (white pawn)

Then I was switched at the end of Night Three so we weren't able to communicate until last Night. Hope that clears things up a bit.

ETA: Sorry for stealing your post-game thunder, Kath, dear. Now you have no yummy secrets for the village later.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #765
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Rikae, your plan sounds good, but I still don't want to do anything even remotely trust-like until you give whatever explanation you have for the Day Two lynch. And it may be none. If I'm going along and believing sally here that means that I must fully expect our Noble Mod to mess with our heads. But. I'd still like your thoughts on the matter. If Izzy is as guilty as you say, why was she saved?

The Black Queen may be involved somehow? Dunno.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #766
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
Although I'm glad to see you exercising your fundamental right as an American to be stupid.
Better be stupid and free than enslaved by a system run by people just as stupid as you are.

And wait- now you two are saying that we can look at other people? As in, Dury?

So I can possibly have my revenge on her after all! She played the "he's manipulating people" card on me yesterday just as an excuse to bump me off. I have so not been in control of things this game, and she knows it good and well! Grrr... I should go and prepare a biased case against her.

But it will have to wait. I have to go to a Pawns United charity dinner. They'll be discussing important issues such as discrimination against pieces of other colors, Pawn abuse, and non-violent methods of square acquisition.

(i.e. I have a RL obligation)

I shall be back for the last two hours for sure- possibly three.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #767
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne - I fail to believe that Shasta would add in another role on a whim; because the role in question died early. I also fail to believe that Sally was intended to become a Rook at some point. It makes things off balance.

X'd with everything since my last post.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #768
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sally, I didn't ask you. I asked Rikae.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #769
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Sally, I didn't ask you. I asked Rikae.
I know, but I'd been wondering and wanted to put in my two cents.

*raspberries*
Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #770
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Rikae
Quote:
, your plan sounds good, but I still don't want to do anything even remotely trust-like until you give whatever explanation you have for the Day Two lynch. And it may be none. If I'm going along and believing sally here that means that I must fully expect our Noble Mod to mess with our heads. But. I'd still like your thoughts on the matter. If Izzy is as guilty as you say, why was she saved?

I thought I was answering before - specifically, when I said "you actually have a good point". That's part of what made me rethink Sally - there is obviously something going on in this game I don't know about. I do know that Izzy's survival was the survival of a wolf, but that's it.

Something that did occur to me was that the black knight might have the ability to protect during a lynch under some circumstance... or, like Sally said, maybe the Black Queen had something to do with it. Izzy being evil, an evil explanation makes some sense.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #771
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, Rikae, thanks for clarifying.

I am inclined to trust you for the rest of toDay.

Though it'd be awful if wilwa (who said she may not be able to make it on for the rest of the Day) were the real WQ and thus can't reveal.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #772
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And the black knight lynch-protecting would make some sense as well.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #773
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't believe how you are laying these explanations out Sally You say one thing, then another, then a completely different other one.

Besides, you are overlooking all of the reasons in to which Rikae is lying.

X'd since my last post.. again.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #774
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I don't believe how you are laying these explanations out Sally You say one thing, then another, then a completely different other one.

Besides, you are overlooking all of the reasons in to which Rikae is lying.

X'd since my last post.. again.

I'm not contradicting, at least on my explanations. I did mess up the night on which I was 'turned' but corrected it immediately.

If Rikae's lying we'll know. She makes sense and I'm inclined to believe her based on something I saw in her posts earlier so I'll go along with it.

You're a sweet girl but I'm ignoring you now, kthnxbye. You nasty wolf you.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #775
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ooh, a false reveal. I was wondering when this was going to happen.

Now I think I know two Black pieces. And if we can eliminate them, then we'll be cutting our enemies in half. A very good outlook indeed so long as the rest of us won't let the baddies convince us otherwise.

Quote:
Though it'd be awful if wilwa (who said she may not be able to make it on for the rest of the Day) were the real WQ and thus can't reveal.
If wilwa were the WQ and around, should she reveal? It might be a good idea for the WQ to remain in the shadows unless her own life is being threatened.

(Okay I have this nasty headache and am feeling a bit dizzy right now, so bear with me. I'm trying to keep up despite the pain...but three pages in the few hours I was gone? Good grief. )
Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #776
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'd just like to point out that my new icon is fabulous.

And changed to it because Phantom was a loser and ditched us tonight.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #777
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crunch the numbers.. it doesn't add up.

*wanders off to make dinner*
Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #778
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Crunch the numbers.. it doesn't add up.
How do you mean?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #779
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Ooh, a false reveal. I was wondering when this was going to happen.

Now I think I know two Black pieces. And if we can eliminate them, then we'll be cutting our enemies in half. A very good outlook indeed so long as the rest of us won't let the baddies convince us otherwise.
So who are you then???

So I am inclined right now to believe Rikae. Her behavior goes along with her claimed role, I think, anyway, except for the rather hurried reveal. She does seem to be busy, though...

I have no idea about Sally. I've been wondering about her being the Black Queen.

phantom, I think you're a cobbler. You still have yet to say, I believe, what color pawn you are.

Also, just a note because of that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Kath's dreams
Night One: Phantom (white pawn)
Night Two: Noggie (white knight)
Night Three: Sally (white pawn)
You said earlier that phantom was dream of as a White Pawn, as well. Which shouldn't happen. It should just be "pawn"/"innocent". Yes, I am being picky.

Also, if you were just dreamt as a White Pawn.....?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #780
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
One reason I can say why Rikae is obviously lying is because if Kath didn't dream of Sally, who could she have possibly dreamt of? Kath wouldn't leave us clues for the first two Days, then none for Day 3; she's not that type of seer. Her sudden turnaround towards Sally's innocence clearly indicates that she dreamt of her. Kath never mentioned anyone else's innocence on Day 3 and if she dreamt of a baddie, she would've voted for them.

I'm trying to decide whether to lynch Rikae because she could possibly be the Black Pawn. Then again, she could be another Black piece impersonating the cobbler. I don't like how these reveals leave us distracted; we cannot only focus on them. When I'm feeling better, I will analyse Fea...I still prefer lynching her. And if not Fea, then Rikae.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #781
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Brinn, I'm up for Fea, too. I do not want to lynch Rikae; I want to see what (if anything) happens to her at Night.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #782
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
One reason I can say why Rikae is obviously lying is because if Kath didn't dream of Sally, who could she have possibly dreamt of? Kath wouldn't leave us clues for the first two Days, then none for Day 3; she's not that type of seer. Her sudden turnaround towards Sally's innocence clearly indicates that she dreamt of her. Kath never mentioned anyone else's innocence on Day 3 and if she dreamt of a baddie, she would've voted for them.
You're missing the point where Rikae's reveal doesn't actually have to conflict with Sally's innocence. She does not claim to have dreamt Sally. Sally claims she is a second hunter, and even seems to believe Rikae. The problem lies in there being a second hunter!

Last edited by Durelin; 02-27-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added the word 'innocence' to make more sense!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #783
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Yes, she didn't dream of Sally. So why vote her instead of Izzy when Kath's dreams point towards Sally's innocence?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #784
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Dury, you are being picky. Actually, my dreams of pawns came back "White Pawn", so that makes me trust Sally more.

I could vote for Fea, I suppose. She seems more cobblerish than anything worse, though.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #785
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Brinn and Fea have both been very hung up on the seer dreams as 'proof' against Rikae. If Rikae's telling the truth, I wonder about them a bit. I mean I'm a skeptic as well, we should be, but both Rikae and Sally's claims fit fine with the seer dreams.

Except that Sally claims to be a second hunter. Grahhhh??

Anyone else like to reveal?

I call Evil Wizard!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #786
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Dury, you are being picky. Actually, my dreams of pawns came back "White Pawn", so that makes me trust Sally more.
Well, sorry, how am I to know?

But that is interesting.

See? I did good.

Or just I'm the only one who thought Shasta would use a more neutral term. But then, that the cobbler just shows up as 'innocent' can mean they just show up as 'white pawn'...
Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #787
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What is wrong with following the seer?

Nothing if you are following a dream result. If you are following them purely based on them being the seer; then there is definitely something odd and off. Just because they are the seer does not in any way make them all-knowing and infallible. Furthermore, it shows that you are not actively searching for baddies; but sitting back and twiddling your thumbs.

If you were dreamed of by Kath as you claim Sally; and as a white pawn. Then, I think that would mean you would not be able to be in contact with her. As it states the Bishop may contact one whom she has dreamed of - if they are a Gifted. But since you claim the result was a White Pawn; how exactly is that a Gifted?

X'd with Durelin
Old 02-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #788
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

So. Why are we not voting for a known wolf?

What do ye mean here:

Quote:
Anyway, it may not be a bad idea to lynch one of those four after all. You know where I stand on Izzy, tp and Wilwa; we know what Sally claims to be. The night's events may shed some light on things, and give us a chance, if we have two gifteds, to keep both.
You mean, have both of you survive the night...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
If you were dreamed of by Kath as you claim Sally; and as a white pawn. Then, I think that would mean you would not be able to be in contact with her. As it states the Bishop may contact one whom she has dreamed of - if they are a Gifted. But since you claim the result was a White Pawn; how exactly is that a Gifted?
Regardless of Izzy's identity, I would like to hear about that, too!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #789
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
You mean, have both of you survive the night...?
I guess the only way that could happen is if Izzy was protected last Night, and so can't be toNight. Could be, though. I don't think they'd sacrifice Izzy and take a chance on us lynching the last wolf toMorrow if they don't have to.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #790
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I believe Sally already answered this:

Quote:
Then I was switched at the end of Night Three so we weren't able to communicate until last Night. Hope that clears things up a bit.
She's saying that she was turned after Kath dreamt of her, which is why she appeared as a white pawn and they couldn't communicate.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #791
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

To Brinn. Which it doesn't add up.
Kath wouldn't of known her to be a Gifted. So she wouldn't of been able to communicate with her. The only way that could've happened - is if Kath dreamed of her again.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #792
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
I guess the only way that could happen is if Izzy was protected last Night, and so can't be toNight. Could be, though. I don't think they'd sacrifice Izzy and take a chance on us lynching the last wolf toMorrow if they don't have to.
So why not lynch Izzy toDay? Unless she can be protected from lynch again...then how do we kill a darned wolf??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
She's saying that she was turned after Kath dreamt of her, which is why she appeared as a white pawn and they couldn't communicate.
It does seem weird that she would bother saying Kath dreamt her as a white pawn on night 3 and then was changed to a hunter at the end of it. But none of it makes any sense. Pieces only get upgraded in checkers, right?

Edit: Crossed. Izzy has a good point. And even if she is a wolf, she'd have no love for the BQ.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #793
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
What is wrong with following the seer?

Nothing if you are following a dream result. If you are following them purely based on them being the seer; then there is definitely something odd and off. Just because they are the seer does not in any way make them all-knowing and infallible. Furthermore, it shows that you are not actively searching for baddies; but sitting back and twiddling your thumbs.

X'd with Durelin

Ah. I thought I'd explained that well, but I guess not.

I was dreamt night three, when I was still an ordo. I was changed at the END of night three. Frankly, I don't know how it works.

Kath would have gotten the dream back as 'white pawn', but then when I was changed I suppose Shasta updated her dream. Or else he did something really cracky that I couldn't possibly guess.

Basically I don't know how it works. I got a PM at Day Four's dawn and was told I was the new white rook. I got a PM from Kath the next Night saying that she'd dreamt me the Night before and she was able to PM me now.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #794
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Tolkien Not an explanation, but THE explanation....

EDIT: Post currently under edit, as dictated by the mod. Thank you for your patience.

Straight from Shasta, via IM.

"Kath (and the Black Bishop) got/get their dreams at the very beginning of the Day, and since you can't PM during the Day...."

There's the explanation, children.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-27-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #795
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

That's really not fair, you know.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #796
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
That's really not fair, you know.

THAT was a mistake. But I agree; I didn't mean to copy the whole conversation. It's edited now, and hopefully no one else saw anything. Sorry about that.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-27-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #797
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
THAT was a mistake.
Why?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #798
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Why?
Shasta told me to feel free to post the explanation so the rules and such would be cleared up for everyone. I copied it and posted into the thread, but didn't edit out 'that bit'.

I think we should drop it, just because it's gone and I'm hoping that no one else saw it. I intended to edit it before anyone saw it but you're a quick one.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #799
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh, nvm, thought you meant something else.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #800
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Here's something I've been wondering about.

Mnemo's more than happy to point out my role to everyone (not that I'm complaining, as I was getting so darn frustrated) but other than that I can't see a whole lot that's helpful about her. She voted all three Days for the lynchee, all three of them innocent, but I don't think she's the kind to just follow a bad Izzy blindly. What do you all think about her being the Black Queen? I'm not sold on the idea, but it's worth considering, and I wanted input from the rest of you.