The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #8281
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
RAM

Quote:
_ r _ m / _ _ _ r _ _ _ _ ' _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ r _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ r / _ _ _ _ _ a _ _ _ / _ a _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ m / _ _ r _ , / a / _ a _ _ _ r _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ , / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ a _ _ / _ a _ _.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #8282
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ss pleassse
Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #8283
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
MARS
Quote:
_ r _ m / _ _ _ r _ _ _ _ ' s / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ r _ _ / s _ _ _ _ _ / s _ _ _ _ r / _ _ _ _ _ a _ _ s / _ a _ _ / _ _ s / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ m / _ _ r _ , / a / _ a _ _ _ r _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ , / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ a _ _ / _ a _ _.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #8284
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"f"s?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #8285
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

FRAMS
Quote:
F r _ m / _ _ _ r _ _ _ _ ' s / _ _ f _ _ / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ r _ _ / s _ f _ _ _ / s _ _ _ _ r / f _ _ _ _ a _ _ s / f a _ _ / _ _ s / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ m / _ _ r _ , / a / _ a _ _ _ r _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ , / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ a _ _ / _ a _ _.
That might help some.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #8286
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Any O's?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #8287
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

FORAMS
Quote:
F r o m / _ _ _ r _ _ _ _ ' s / _ o f _ _ / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ r _ _ / s o f _ _ _ / s _ _ _ _ r / f o _ _ _ a _ _ s / f a _ _ / _ _ s / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ m / _ o r _ , / a / _ a _ _ _ r _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ , / _ _ _ o _ _ / _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ _ / m o _ _ _ a _ _ / _ a _ _.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #8288
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hmmm. L perhaps?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #8289
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

FLORAMS
Quote:
F r o m / _ _ _ r _ _ _ _ ' s / l o f _ _ / _ _ l l s / _ _ r _ _ / s o f _ l _ / s _ l _ _ r / f o _ _ _ a _ _ s / f a l l / _ _ s / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ m / _ o r _ , / a / _ a _ _ _ r _ _ _ / l _ _ _ _ , / _ _ _ o _ _ / _ _ _ / m _ _ _ _ _ / m o _ _ _ a _ _ / _ a l l.
That should be a big hint.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #8290
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

This is driving me insane! It sounds so familiar, yet I can't place it! *Argh*

Perhaps some T will help?
Old 03-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #8291
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

FLORMATS
Quote:
F r o m / _ _ _ r _ _ _ _ ' s / l o f t _ / _ _ l l s / _ _ r _ _ / s o f t l _ / s _ l _ _ r / f o _ _ t a _ _ s / f a l l / _ _ s / _ _ _ _ s / _ _ m / _ o r _ , / a / _ a _ _ _ r _ _ _ / l _ _ _ t , / _ _ _ o _ _ / t _ _ / m _ _ _ t _ / m o _ _ t a _ _ / _ a l l.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
This is driving me insane!
That means I picked a good one!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #8292
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know! I know!

Quote:
From Evereven's lofty hills/ where slowly silver fountains fall/his wings him bore, a wandering light,/ beyond the mighty Mountain Wall
Bilbo's song about Earendil.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:06 AM   #8293
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Ah, of course! *slapping my forhead* Well done, Dimturiel!

(That I didn't remember it just shows that this is one of the few poems I am not so fond of and have consequently hardly ever reread.)
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #8294
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sorry for the delay, Dimturiel, that was spot on. The floor is yours!

EDIT: Going back, I noticed that you had the word "slowly" which actually should be "softly". For shame!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #8295
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thank you!
Quote:
_ _ _ _ _/ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _/ _ _ _ _!/ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _/ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _./
Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #8296
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
E's please.
Finduilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #8297
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T please
Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #8298
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
any U's ?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #8299
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
I's, por favor.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #8300
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

E,T,U andI
Quote:
_ _e_ _/ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _/ _ _e_!/ _ _ _/t_e_e/ _ _ _/ _e/_ _ _e/ _ _ _ _ _/t_ _ _/ _ _e/t_ _t/ _ _u_ _/ _e_ _/t_ _t/ _ _ _e.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #8301
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
R's would be pleasant.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:54 AM   #8302
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

and add the S's please, while you're at it.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #8303
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Any "n's?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #8304
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

E,T,U,I,R,S and N
Quote:
S_e_ _/n_/ _ _r_s/ _ _/ _ _en!/ _ _r/t_ ere/ _ _ _/ _e/ _ _re/r_ _ _s/t_ _n/ _ne/t_ _t/ _ _u_ _/ _e_r/t_ _t/n_ _e.
No I's, sorry.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #8305
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hm, I can already guess quite a lot.

O's please
Old 04-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #8306
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A's also.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #8307
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

E,T,U,I,R,S,N,O, andA
Quote:
S_ea_/no/ _or_s/o_/o_en!/ _or/t_ere/ _a_/ _e/ _ore/roa_s/t_an//one/t_at/ _ou_ _/ _ear/t_at/na_e.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #8308
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

the quote is just as I guessed already yesterday:

"Speak no words of omen. For there may be more roads than one that could bear that name."

It seems familiar, but I can't find it where I suspected it.
Is it said by Gandalf?

Perhaps someone else will recognize it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #8309
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You've got the quote, but not the character. HINT: It's in ROTK
Old 04-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #8310
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Is it either Aragorn, or someone talking to Aragorn, about the Paths of the Dead? I'm not sure who it is.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #8311
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Someone talking about the Paths of the Dead, yes, but not Aragorn, and not to him, either . Anyway, I'll be gone for a week, so I guess Guinevere can have it since she's got the quote right.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:14 AM   #8312
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

At last I found the exact place!

It's Théoden answering Merry, (in "The Muster of Rohan"), who had said: "I will be ready, even if you bid me ride with you on the Paths of the Dead."

*goes away to find a new quote*

Last edited by Guinevere; 04-11-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #8313
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

OK, since I am authorised by Dimturiel , here is a new quote (if anybody is still willing to guess, that is... )

Quote:
"-----/ --/ ------/ --/ ----/ -----/. ---/ ----/ -----/ --/ ---/ -----/ -----/ ------/ --/ --/. --/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ---/ ----/ --/ ------; -------/ ----/ --/ -----/ ----/ ---/ ----/."
Old 04-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #8314
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am allways willing. . .

Of late I have just had a tendency to dritf away from the downs.

any E's?

Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #8315
Estanesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Estanesse has just left Hobbiton.
Are there any T's
Old 04-14-2007, 03:17 AM   #8316
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TE

"T-e-e/ --/ -----e/ --/ t---/ -----/. T-e/ ----/ ----t/ --/ t-e/ ---t-/ -t---/ ------/ --/ -t/. -t/ ----/ --t/ ---e/ t-e/ ----/ -t/ -e--e-; -e-t-e-/ ----/ -t/ ----e/ --t-/ ---/ ----/."
Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #8317
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

and any I's?

Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #8318
Estanesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Estanesse has just left Hobbiton.
Think an R would help
Old 04-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #8319
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

RITE (good choices!)

"T-ere/ i-/ ---i-e/ i-/ t-i-/ ---r-/. T-e/ --r-/ ---rt/ --/ t-e/ --it-/ -ti--/ ------/ i-/ it/. It/ -i--/ --t/ ---e/ t-e/ ----/ it/ -er-e-; -eit-er/ -i--/ it/ --i-e/ -it-/ ---/ ----/."
Old 04-15-2007, 01:12 AM   #8320
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

S, please.