The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #801
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Oh just my luck, I hope the wolves really don't think the intelligent villagers will fall for such an obvious trick?

Well, after virtually 4 days of analyzing the only thing that I find suspicious is our monopoly of radiant moderators. So, that means I'm scrapping everything and starting anew.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #802
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ah, so it turned out Eonwe did have a special role! He was the village Steve. But then he was dropping Steve hints all over the place, so we should've guessed.

So, Agan died. I'm sad, because I trusted her. Plus she's all smart and pretty and stuff.

But on the bright side I wasn't killed. So guess what? You all get one more day of Phantom!

And I do mean one more day. I don't see any way I survive another Night phase. For surely the WWs have realized by now that I am, indeed, the Dread Pirate Roberts.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #803
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
And I do mean one more day. I don't see any way I survive another Night phase. For surely the WWs have realized by now that I am, indeed, the Dread Pirate Roberts.~the phantom
Nice Princess Bride reference...apparently all I have to do is brag about how deadly you are to wolves and they'll kill you.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #804
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Oh just my luck, I hope the wolves really don't think the intelligent villagers will fall for such an obvious trick?
Was there a trick involved?

Do explain. I love tricks.

Well, no... I love Trix. But I do at least like tricks.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #805
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Was there a trick involved?~the phantom
Their trick to get me lynched, I want to see how they plan to work this one out.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #806
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
all I have to do is brag about how deadly you are to wolves and they'll kill you.
Question- what if you were to brag how dangerous their fellow Wolves were to their own survival? Would they turn on each other.

And by "turn on" each other, I mean "betray". I don't mean.... never mind.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #807
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, that was predictable.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #808
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Question- what if you were to brag how dangerous their fellow Wolves were to their own survival? Would they turn on each other.~tp
Well if you're a wolf and would like to betray some of you buddies my ears are listening...or well my eyes are - never mind.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #809
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
I love Trix
As long as you're not a rabbit, Phantom. Then you'd just be silly.

Man, my apologies to Agan. Totally thought she was of the lupine persuasion. All those nerve endings in my gut (did you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than you have in your head?) must be having indigestion. This blows everything I had out of the water. Not that I had much, but, you know, stupid wolves not being who I think they are. Why was it predictable, Nerwen?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #810
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Their trick to get me lynched, I want to see how they plan to work this one out.
How selfish of you. Assuming that the entire kill was based on lynching you! How arrogant. How self centered!

The plan was obviously to set up me to be lynched.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #811
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Feeling good about that one are you Nerwen? Why didn't you go for morm, he's been coming after you.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #812
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Hey, now, some of us are just now finding out the kill, and are still in shock. Not all of us knew several hours ago like you did, so just keep your snide comments to yourself.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:48 PM   #813
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Well if you're a wolf and would like to betray some of you buddies...
Okay, okay- I'll come clean.

Shasta's the mastermind. He made us do it! We didn't want to hurt anyone, but he called us "Terrible excuses for Were-creatures" and told us he'd "eat our faces off" if we didn't kill someone.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #814
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Shasta's the mastermind. He made us do it! We didn't want to hurt anyone, but he called us "Terrible excuses for Were-creatures" and told us he'd "eat our faces off" if we didn't kill someone.~tp
If I vote for you as a rep, does that mean I have your sworn word that you will lynch Shasta?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #815
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
Man, my apologies to Agan. Totally thought she was of the lupine persuasion....This blows everything I had out of the water. Not that I had much, but, you know, stupid wolves not being who I think they are.
Translation: I was so wrong there's no way I could possibly be a Wolf.

Ha ha, Ilya, I know better. You're a Wolf aren't you?!

Okay, good to know, because we're looking for Werewolves, not Wolves. Wolves are fine with us.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #816
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Quote:
Hey, now, some of us are just now finding out the kill, and are still in shock. Not all of us knew several hours ago like you did, so just keep your snide comments to yourself.
No need to take that tone, tp. I could say it's arrogant of you and Boro to assume the kill was about getting one of you lynched. I don't get how that would work. Both of y'all trusted Agan. I don't know what case a wolf could reasonably stir up. It'd be much easier to drive me to the gallows, since I've continually said I suspected Agan. That said, Nerwen, you're being odd and it's weirding me out.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #817
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
If I vote for you as a rep, does that mean I have your sworn word that you will lynch Shasta?
I thought that was a given. I did call him the Werewolf mastermind, didn't I?

Ilya: I was just messing around.

PS Will probably continue to do so.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #818
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Quote:
Wolves are fine with us.
Even T-Wolves? Because if there are any Nuggets around here, I...I dunno what I'll do, actually, I'm a Hornets fan.

Edit: Man, nobody around here likes admissions, do they? TP, keep letting me know, because until you do I will totally believe you are serious.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #819
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I don't know what case a wolf could reasonably stir up.~Ilya
After defending her I said I probably just signed her death warrant...definitely makes it look like I knew too much.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #820
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
After defending her I said I probably just signed her death warrant...definitely makes it look like I knew too much.
Now, am I correct in assuming you said all of that about Agan because you were in fact setting her up to be killed during the Night?

Because that's sort of why I declared her innocent and said what I did about her. I thought for sure she was not a WW, and not the Seer, but an Ordo that was likely to be a lynching distraction to other Ordos, and therefore thought it best that she die during the Night. So I did what I could to make her look like an attractive target.

Not that she needs help looking attractive.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:07 PM   #821
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nice job, tp, I should have known you would have caught on. I thought you were going to start a Nog/Boro war and get me lynched. Well, maybe I'm speaking too soon.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #822
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Okay, everyone, back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
No need to take that tone, tp. I could say it's arrogant of you and Boro to assume the kill was about getting one of you lynched. I don't get how that would work. Both of y'all trusted Agan. I don't know what case a wolf could reasonably stir up.
The case that Boro regarded Aganzir as a formidable opponent of the wolves. (Or, alternatively, that all this talk of framing is a complicated double-bluff on a Borowolf's part.)

Quote:
It'd be much easier to drive me to the gallows, since I've continually said I suspected Agan.
Why would that "drive you to the gallows"? It's not as if you actively tried to get her lynched and failed. More to the point is the fact that she did make a case against you, though she found it inconclusive.

Quote:
That said, Nerwen, you're being odd and it's weirding me out.
Why? Don't get it.

EDIT: x'd since Ilya at #816.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #823
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Quote:
Because that's sort of why I declared her innocent and said what I did about her. I thought for sure she was not a WW, and not the Seer, but an Ordo that was likely to be a lynching distraction to other Ordos, and therefore thought it best that she die during the Night. So I did what I could to make her look like an attractive target.
Woah. You guys are good.

Edit: Nerwen, just coming in here and saying "That was predictable" and then leaving without saying why. I couldn't guess why it had been Agan, so it just seemed weird, like when Di came in, said one thing, and then left.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #824
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Even T-Wolves?
What, there's still a team there? I thought they disbanded when KG left.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #825
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
The case that Boro regarded Aganzir as a formidable opponent of the wolves. (Or, alternatively, that all this talk of framing is a complicated double-bluff on a Borowolf's part.)~Nerwen
I do have various clauses in my contract, I was not allowed to enter this village unless I do out of the part insane, never before seen, tactics to please the modgoddesses...hence why I said they are the only entities I find to be suspicious.

But, yes I'll get back to work...
Old 11-16-2008, 11:20 PM   #826
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Quote:
I thought they disbanded when KG left.
If only, if only.

Quote:
I was not allowed to enter this village unless I do out of the part insane, never before seen, tactics to please the modgoddesses
Wherein you do a triplebluff where we all expect that you know that we know that you knew Agan was a formidible anti-wolf force, so you know you that someone would call you on it so you know to say that that's obviously what the wolves know, even though you know that's what we know.

Honestly, this is what y'all sound like sometimes.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #827
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Woah. You guys are good.

Edit: Nerwen, just coming in here and saying "That was predictable" and then leaving without saying why. I couldn't guess why it had been Agan, so it just seemed weird, like when Di came in, said one thing, and then left.
Simple. Agan's death both eliminates a strong player and potentially frames multiple people.

Boro and phantom... yes, I guessed what you were up to, though I was a bit slow on the uptake.

Now I have to decide whether you two are on the level, or whether it's all an elaborate plot. *gives them long, hard stare*

EDIT: x'd since phantom.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #828
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Nice job, tp, I should have known you would have caught on.
Indeed. That's why I said this yesterday-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
If you did, then I'm going to be ticked. Seriously- if Agan's dead tomorrow I will attack you without mercy!
I wanted to set up the idea that I'd come after you if she died, in hopes that it would make the WWs even more likely to kill her.

And then you said this-
Quote:
tp...what is it that you said about questioning your means but never your motives? You should really read your own book.
To which I replied-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Whatever. I know every book relating to WW backward and forward. If you think I'm missing something, I just want you to think I'm missing something.
Which I was hoping would let you know that I knew exactly what you were up to and that I was playing along in my own way.

So yeah... I pretty much trust you at this point.

1) The McCaber kill doesn't match you.

2) You tried to do the I'm-the-Seer ploy, just like me.

3) You did the set-up-kill ploy, just like me.

4) The Seer has almost certainly checked us by now.

Well, that's where I stand currently. And if we can manage to not lynch the Seer, and force the WWs to use their kills on the two of us the next two nights, then the village will be in a beautiful position when we leave it.

Just like old times, laddie. Cheers.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #829
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Wherein you do a triplebluff where we all expect that you know that we know that you knew Agan was a formidible anti-wolf force, so you know you that someone would call you on it so you know to say that that's obviously what the wolves know, even though you know that's what we know.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Werewolf, m'dear.

EDIT: x'd with phantom; capitalisation.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #830
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, and fyi, I met Sally in person a few hours ago.

She ordered her hamburger cooked extremely rare, and when I told a joke she howled with laughter.

Beware!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #831
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Sounds like she put you in a bit of a furry situation, phantom.

Why yes, I have a paper to write. Why do you ask?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #832
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'd love to read through Ganzy's posts and such, but it will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. Now I must sleep.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #833
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay, I'm not quite caught up, I just got home not too long ago. I'll tell you though this chattiness between Boro/phantom and others is bothering me a bit. It makes me wonder what they are up too. It just seems odd and it's annoying because it really clutters up the thread and the more important issues. I am going to bed and hopefully will have some time tomorrow to catch up...it depends on how busy work is.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #834
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My first attempt at a proper multi-quote, so if I don't reply to all the bits my apologies. I'll put them in another post as I notice my oversight. heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Ah, so it turned out Eonwe did have a special role! He was the village Steve. But then he was dropping Steve hints all over the place, so we should've guessed.
Hee hee! Village Steve, poor guy. You sons of a mothers killed the poor kid before I could make the obligatory Blue's Clues jokes. How dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
But on the bright side I wasn't killed. So guess what? You all get one more day of Phantom!
Could I request modfire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I don't see any way I survive another Night phase. For surely the WWs have realized by now that I am, indeed, the Dread Pirate Roberts.
You are not the real Dread Pirate Roberts. The real Roberts has been retired for fifteen years, and living like a king in Patagonia.

This is enough proof for me. Phantom is TOTALLY a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Really? Well, if it was predictable, I say you didn't predict it at all! This was all a setup! Conspiracy! Conspiracy! [/crazy flailing]

Anyway, yes Agan's death wasn't that much of a surprise, but I didn't particularly think she was seer so I almost expected the wolves to gamble after that quarry rather than our little finished -erm, Finnish- friend.

Quote:
As long as you're not a rabbit, Phantom. Then you'd just be silly.

Man, my apologies to Agan. Totally thought she was of the lupine persuasion. All those nerve endings in my gut (did you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than you have in your head?) must be having indigestion. This blows everything I had out of the water. Not that I had much, but, you know, stupid wolves not being who I think they are. Why was it predictable, Nerwen?
It's okay, love. You're new (at least to playing with this fine group) so don't feel bad about being off about things. And just because you were wrong about Agan doesn't mean you weren't right in other areas. You're doing great, Ilya. No worries.

Quote:
How selfish of you. Assuming that the entire kill was based on lynching you! How arrogant. How self centered!

The plan was obviously to set up me to be lynched.
Obviously....*more eyerolling*

Quote:
Heh. Actually that's along the lines of what I was thinking. Minus the "snide comments" line, but hey. Not all of us can be that rude....erm, special.

Quote:
No need to take that tone, tp. I could say it's arrogant of you and Boro to assume the kill was about getting one of you lynched. I don't get how that would work. Both of y'all trusted Agan. I don't know what case a wolf could reasonably stir up. It'd be much easier to drive me to the gallows, since I've continually said I suspected Agan. That said, Nerwen, you're being odd and it's weirding me out.
Chillax, Ilya. Like the rest of the players, you just have to get used to our ever-irritating Phantom over here. He's kidding a good 3/4 of the time, and even when he's not he's completely clueless anyway.

Quote:
If only, if only.

Heh. Yeah, I have the same feeling occasionally. By the way, that 'theory' of yours was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Simple. Agan's death both eliminates a strong player and potentially frames multiple people.
Thanks for explaining your kill to us, Nerwen. I figured it was just because so many people (okay, me and the Hardy Boys over there *points to Boro and Phantom, who are lining up little toy soldiers around a Barbie Dream House*) thought she was innocent.

Quote:
Oh, and fyi, I met Sally in person a few hours ago.

She ordered her hamburger cooked extremely rare, and when I told a joke she howled with laughter.

Beware!
Oi! You best beware, 'little boy', or that post will come back to bite you!

Quote:
Sounds like she put you in a bit of a furry situation, phantom.

Why yes, I have a paper to write. Why do you ask?
Tehe. I love humor. *giggles, then posts this and goes to catch up again*

EDIT: x'd since the Ilya post I quoted at the end of mine.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 AM   #835
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And of course now the banter slows down. Blast.

Quick list, perhaps? (Not going to include everyone, just the people I have specific feelings on. Aka whoever pops into my head)

Innocent, maybe a rep vote toDay:
Boro
Shasta

Innocent, but (at least at the moment) not going to get my rep vote toDay:
Phantom (just to spite. heh.)
Lommie

Leaning guilty, would vote for them if I was a rep toDay:
Ilya
Nerwen
(shaky on this one)

And you called me a submarine? (Aka I'm surprised they're still alive/playing)
Gwath
Rune
Ka
Kath
Gil

Yes, I know, I left some people out. But again, I just wrote down who came to my head and stuck them in the appropriate category. Don't worry, I didn't forget about the rest of you. (And in regards to my last category, is Gil even playing anymore?)

Off to bed. Good night, dearies!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 AM   #836
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
So now I am a submarine!? In that case. . .can I be yellow?

Anyways I don't really have time for this, classes start in 20 min. and I am not even proper dressed yet. I don't know why, but apparently I am incabable of picking up on seer hints and such, so Aganzir's death came as suprise to me. A welcomed suprise that is, with her gone I have more time for analyzing. . . .really, she took up alot of my time. Either I was annoyed with her style or I just sat around trying to figure out if I really suspected her or it was just because I found her annoying.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #837
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Thanks for explaining your kill to us, Nerwen. I figured it was just because so many people (okay, me and the Hardy Boys over there *points to Boro and Phantom, who are lining up little toy soldiers around a Barbie Dream House*) thought she was innocent.
So that's why you did it, wolfisaloser2005? *slaps forehead* Trust me to get over-complicated.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 AM   #838
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
So now I am a submarine!? In that case. . .can I be yellow?

Anyways I don't really have time for this, classes start in 20 min. and I am not even proper dressed yet. I don't know why, but apparently I am incabable of picking up on seer hints and such, so Aganzir's death came as suprise to me. A welcomed suprise that is, with her gone I have more time for analyzing. . . .really, she took up alot of my time. Either I was annoyed with her style or I just sat around trying to figure out if I really suspected her or it was just because I found her annoying.

Not necessarily, sweetie. I'm just (quite frankly) surprised you're still alive. Gwath too. The others are the real submarines, I just grouped you all together. Sorry; should have explained that.

And yes, you can be yellow.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #839
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
That does it. Since, as far as I know, this game isn't innocent vs. innocent, there's no way you can be innocent. I don't believe this.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #840
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Warning: Long Post Ahead

I've decided to attempt a monstrous task and analyse Aganzir's death:

Day 1

Aganzir's comments on players:

Quote:
++Brinniel for rep

Because I agree with her that the less reps there are, the more room for errors, and because she's a player who is generally trustworthy although I always find her so suspicious, and because she probably won't be the centre of attention.
Quote:
I don't like it how Lommy seems to exaggerate things that seem rather small to me.
Quote:
Lommy. I know I tend to suspect her, especially on the first days. And to me she almost always seems overreactive and suspicious. But it happening always is not an excuse for me to put her in the Neither cathegory so she's happily here again.
Quote:
Shasta. Don't really understand where that phantom-Boro-Legate triangle came from. It reminds me a bit of Nerwolf's "their interaction makes me think there might be a wolf involved" in some game ages ago.
Quote:
phantom. He doesn't give any bad vibes although I am perfectly aware that he could appear innocent even if a wolf. For the sake of my sanity I'm not going to concentrate on him for now, I am sure others will do it more than enough anyway.
Quote:
Brinn. I agree with her that there shouldn't be very few reps. I'm feeling pretty good about her now that I saw her response to my question why she voted me.
Quote:
Boro amuses me a lot. He looks innocent and I find myself agreeing with him on several things, but it was the same last time I played with him, and he was a wolf. I'm wary of him based on those past experiences, but I find him more innocent than not for the time being.
Quote:
Nog. I won't concentrate on him now, either. Although he has posted a lot, I have hard time trying to get a read on him.
Quote:
Greenie. It's always difficult for me to form an opinion on her. Somehow I'm a bit uneasy as to why she followed me so quickly on voting Brinn for a rep. Not that it was necessarily suspicious, it just seemed too easy.
Quote:
Nerwen. If it was anyone but Nerwen, I could say I was a bit more inclined to consider her innocent.
Quote:
The result is that I suspect Lommy and it annoys me because I feel I suspect her just because of the way she is. I also find myself unable to compare this Lommy to any Lommy I know from the previous games. However I wouldn't probably suspect her half as much if not for those carefully self-consciously careless trying-to-say-nothing-or-at-least-sound-normal answers. They vaguely remind me of the pathetic Dueling Wizards wolf me who was trying to avoid suspicion and accusations when they kept piling on me.

I don't know what to do with Lommy.
Quote:
I didn't find the Gil-Shasta quarrel suspicious. I think that's the way Shasta usually is, which doesn't indicate anything, while Gil looked pretty innocentish.
Quote:
++Lynch Legate

Because I couldn't decide between him and Eönwë and his way of posting annoys me more. This means that Eönwë has just been saved from receiving two votes and he could thank me by posting a detailed list of his suspicions tomorrow.
What players commented about Aganzir:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Agan - Looks more innocent than not, even if there was not much in her two posts. She's one I wouldn't like to see go this early anyway as I know she can be an asset to the village when having more time and losing one of those on Day1 is always sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Though I could also consider Aganzir who also makes wise choices, at least when she's innocent. I usually can get a good read off of her though this time not so much since she's only posted twice (what's up with that?). But voting her as rep would be one way to get a better read of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I should probably vote now, just on the off chance that rehearsal runs long. So without further ado...

++ Aganzir for Representative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Agan: always a wolf. Always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
My original rep choice was going to be Noggie, followed by Phantom, Agan, and Legate in no particular order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
Agan seems pretty genuine in her first post. I would like to go with her as my rep, but have some questions as far as her involvement in the next 24-hour period. Hmm...doubt she'll be back before this 1st period ends.
Quote:
++Aganzir for rep

Because unlike Shasta, she has one vote and I continue to think we'd be better off with more reps than less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Then, another thoght... voting someone as a rep is surely a great way of buddying up fellow villagers. That's why the Agan-Brinn and Legate-phantom "alliances" make me wonder... I mean, of course it's just natural too to reward trust with trust and one is subconsciously inclined to trust someone that trusts them and blah blah blah, but such vote exchanges are curious. I'm not sure what to think about them.
Quote:
Aganzir - pretty silent, but RL hurries are RL hurries. She seemed to be rather tense, but she herself said she was not having a good day... so I won't judge anything either way yet. I'm looking forward to see what she's going to do as a rep...
Quote:
Aganzir for Brinniel. I'd agree with her that Brinn seems sensible, but what does she mean by saying she's "usually trustworthy"?
Quote:
Agan is calling on her true form, that's good to see, but I will go back and look at this Lommy-Agan back-and-forth, or whatever you want to call it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Agan - Her case on Lommy seems somewhat fabricatied. Though I agree with her that Lommy was exaggerating when talking about our trust in Brinn, I'm not convinced that it's a good reason for suspicion. Neither do I see anything suspicious in Lommy's filibuster post. Her first post toDay looked innocentish, but the whole Lommy-thing makes me wonder.
Quote:
Honestly, Aganzir's suspicions strike me as rather forced. I think she's merely trying to grasp any kind of behaviour she can call suspicious and make a horrible mess out of it. And she claims I'm exaggerating. How rude. Simply put, I don't think her behaviour looks like hunting wolves, it looks like hunting supicious behaviour. I cannot phrase it so that it makes any more sense, but I hope at least someone can understand that.
Quote:
Aganzir - No alarms, I'm glad to see she's here today.
Quote:
The row between Aganzir and Lommy. Argumentwise I'd say Agan looks the more innocent one, feelingwise I think Lommy looks the more innocent (she felt genuinely frustrated - although a wolf might feel the frustration as well to be sure). So I just can't avoid the idea that it's two innocents tearing each other apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Aganzir... she's either playing well as a WW or she's innocent. So I'd like to give her a pass for today.
Quote:
Aganzir - argues innocentishly
Quote:
Agan, you made a case against Lommy. Have the spine to admit it. You listed Lommy as guilty and have gone after her, that's a case. Don't try to play it off like you really didn't mean anything by quoting Lommy repeatedly, post after post, and play it off like Lommy is being over-defensive.

And now you're backing off, after a couple people say Lommy is looking genuinely frustrated (i.e. makes her look innocent)? Trying to seperate yourself from someone you wanted to get lynched?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
You are right that Aganzir posted plenty, infact she posted so much that it could seem like unauthorized filibustering.
Quote:
Aganzir: Nothing about her rings any alarms. Is it just me or does seem she and Lommy always fight in WW games together? Anyway, whatever's between them, I think it's ordo-on-ordo.
Day 2

Aganzir's comments about players:

Quote:
In my opinion Lommy's frustration looked more innocent than wolfish. Maybe I underestimate her but I believe she would have got rather jumpier if she's a wolf.
Quote:
Of these Ilya's reaction seems the most suspicious to me.
Quote:
If Lommy's a wolf, I could see Boro's reaction as wolfish as well since he attacked me for attacking Lommy. On the other hand it's also possible that he just wanted to try me so as to see if I broke under the pressure. But I have a bit hard time trying to see his reaction as honest - it looked like he was up to something.
Quote:
My suspicion list is now as follows (in no particular order):
Ilya
Eönwë
Greenie
Lommy (not that I'm actively suspecting her, I just want to keep an eye on her)
Nog (keeping an eye on him until I have time to go through his posts)
Nerwen (I agree with morm's latest about her - planning to go through her posts when I have time anyway)

++Boro for rep

I really have no time to think about it more now and I trust him.
Quote:
I can agree with Lommy that Ilya has looked much more innocent today. However I have no idea if that is because her fellows have had a chance to give her advice in the night or if she's just got more used to the game. Her defense and the reasons she gave for the things she did look pretty genuine though, and she kept her cool pretty well even when accused.
Quote:
I think Nerwen doesn't look very suspicious apart from her reaction to morm, which could be that of an innocent as well. So I'm pretty much at a loss now, because at the same time I know she's capable of all sorts of nasty things and I just wouldn't want to stop suspecting her like this, just to be on the safe side.
Quote:
I didn't really care if Brinn is innocent or not, although I do feel quite good about her right now. And if she's a wolf, her behaviour and interaction with others will hopefully reveal something after her death, so it doesn't even matter that much if a wolf got to be a rep on day 1.
Quote:
I am feeling better also about Eönwë now, and there's yet another person I'm unlikely to vote today. He's a bit weird at times, but mostly he comes across as pretty genuine.
Quote:
Guilty
Nerwen. Okay, her speculation about Cab's death and reaction to Ilya & Brinn's reactions is suspicious, plus her fierce defense of herself.
Nog. Still want to read his posts at some point.

Innocent
Boro. I am worried about my trust in him because he has completely fooled me before but I agree with him quite a lot, so he's here for now.
Brinn
Gil
Lommy
Kath
Rune
Shasta
phantom

Neither
Eönwë. Could go either way. Now it's rather indecisiveness on my part than lack of information.
Greenie. I'm planning to review her posts as well at some point.
Gwath
Ilya. I'm really undecided about her right now.
morm. He looks quite innocent. When I was reading through day 1 during the night after it, an inexplicable thought "morm's a wolf" just suddenly occurred to me. I agree with him on a lot things he says. I'm worried I seem to trust him so much. So frankly, I have no idea.
sally
Ka, another one I should review.
Quote:
++ lynch Nerwen
Players' comments on Aganzir:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
As for my possible reps today those who I trust and have shown enough dedication are:
Agan
Boro
Brinn
Nog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Aganzir- I thought her Rep vote was straightforward. Her accusations have good reasoning, and her attack on Lommy was understandable (in my reread, early Lommy looked guilty to me too). And then Agan backed off her (exactly the way I found Lommy less guilty later).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
And good to see Agan. Speak your mind, dearie, for today I trust you.
Quote:
Aganzir - her case against me was weak and I dislike her flip-flopping on Legate. However, now that I'm not annoyed anymore, my gut-feeling of her would be rather innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Aganzir - She no longer gives me innocent vibes so she belongs in this category. I don't know why, maybe it's because she seems more tense and more stressed than usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
I will continue to be around on and off for the rest of the day (RL), I should be around most of tomorrow (RL) but perhaps a bit more intermitent. Anyway I am going to vote for Aganzir as my Rep because a lot of her suspects are those who I suspect, namely Nerwen being the top. I would like my rep to vote the way I feel and since I have a greater degree of trust in Agan than many others it's a satisfactory match for my vote.

++Aganzir for Rep
Quote:
Aganzir: Tells Little Green to“Elaborate on more tense and more stressed than usual.” I actually think this is an unfair question, LG was not making a massive case against Aganzir. . . She was giving an overview about how she felt about the different people and in such a case you judge also on the feel that you get from the post, something that is often in describable. Now if LG had attacked Aganzir and was confident that she was a wolf, then she would have to elaborate.
Anyways this seems to be Aganzir’s style and I must say it annoys me a great deal.
Quote:
Aganzir - I still have this gut thing against Agan, although at the time I think her posts were running together with Legate in my head, and the thing with Lommy seems more harmless than not. However, I do not like the implication she made about a rep not voting and irresponsibility today (521). These aren't sacred offices or anything but reps do have an obligation. As to throwaway votes, it's not a bad way for a shy wolf to act - everything's all tied up, so I'm just gonna go Nader. Or, you know, the phantom and his brand of jokery. I guess, in short, voting is important, and anyone who says otherwise bothers me.
Quote:
++Aganzir for rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
I have less of an idea about where she stands, so I'd feel safer going with Agan (as far as her lynching someone I'd like lynched), but if you're leaning towards making Agan a Rep already yourself then I'd like to give Kath a shot and see what she does. At the least I do feel that she is innocent.
Quote:
Aganzir: Her way of tracking wolves and posting annoys me. Also I have trouble telling apart what is just “normal” Aganzir and what is suspicious, so I would also like her to go simply to make my life easier. Also I don’t get why it is much more suspicious to say you’re a newbie in subtle way, than doing it straight forward. (ok Boromir just explained it, I don’t know what to make of it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Agan - she is very, very determined this game. Thing is I do play with Agan a fair amount and yet she always seems slightly separate somehow. I don't have any understanding of her usual style of play. Is this ... well, almost persecution of a person like with Lommy normal with her?
Quote:
Lommy and Aganzir also feel good.
Quote:
Aganzir is as vibrant as ever.
Quote:
Now, I don't think I'm being biased... Aganzir is being very erratic, and doesn't seem to feel the need to explain. I don't know what it means, since it seems too clumsy for an Aganwolf... but it's not something I can ignore either.
Quote:
Anyway, my thoughts, are Agan's harmless. Unless you're a wolf, because she's a pretty intense investigator and interrogator.

Edit: P.S. Oh great, I probably just signed Agan's death warrant now. Sorry my lady.
---------------------------

Ouch. All those quotes can hurt your head after awhile.

Thoughts:

It seems yesterDay Aganzir was suspected by half and considered innocent by another half, and several others placed her somewhere in between. She's obviously not a no-trace kill since she left plenty of posts with substance.

I think suspected seerism is likely. Perhaps the wolves thought she was a seer who dreamt of Lommy on Night 2. After all, on Day 1 she at first suspects Lommy then says she'd like to keep an eye on her. And the next Day she suddenly finds her innocent. Or it's possible she was killed to set someone up. Though I think the former is more likely. Which means I think Lommy's probably innocent.