The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #961
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Has anyone posted a complete voting break-down (every single day in one post)? That would be super.
Here you are, the dead included.

Day 1:

Folwren--> Steve
Greenie--> Mac
Kath--> BG
Lalaith--> Boro
Inzil--> BG
Nienna--> Steve
Sally--> BG
Nog--> Nerwen
Wilwa--> BG
Mira--> BG
Rikae--> tp
Mac--> Nerwen
BG--> Inzil
Shasta--> Steve
Lottie--> Steve
Tum--> BG
tp--> Steve
Boro--> Steve
Steve--> BG
Nerwen--> Nog

Result: BG (Aphrodite) lynched.

Day 2:

Greenie--> Mac
Shasta--> Nog
Kath--> Nog
Lalaith--> Steve
Nog--> Steve
Lottie--> Steve
Nienna--> Steve
Inzil--> Steve
Rikae--> Rikae
Lottie--> Nog
Tum--> Nog
tp--> Steve
Mac--> Steve
Steve--> Nog
Nerwen--> Steve

Result: Steve (ordo) lynched.

Day 3:

Nog--> Lottie
Greenie--> Nog
Lalaith--> Lottie
Inzil--> Tum
Wilwa--> Tum
Mira--> tp
Mac--> Lottie
Rikae--> Tum
Nienna--> Tum
Tum--> Rikae (at this point, Tum revealed as a Seer who dreamed Rikae.
Sally--> Nog
Lottie--> Nog
tp--> Nog
Folwren--> Lottie
Nerwen--> Nog

Result: Nog (Unicorn) lynched.

What I don't get about Day 3 is this: Couldn't Tum's legitimacy have easily been checked by voting for Rikae then? I don't understand why you all went for Nog anyway. No time for further. Off to bed for me.

x/d with Nerwen, but I went to all that trouble and I'm posting it anyway!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #962
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
What I don't get about Day 3 is this: Couldn't Tum's legitimacy have easily been checked by voting for Rikae then? I don't understand why you all went for Nog anyway.
Because tum might have been a bluffing wolf, or the False Seer, and because Nog looked a lot like a wolf at that point. At least that's the "official' reason– of course one or more baddies might have been involved in pushing the lynch that way.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #963
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And they say that a hero can save us. I'm not gonna stand here and wait.

We're down a wolf toDay. Let's get an early start on toMorrow, shall we?

And now....

++Fowlren

I've stated basic reasons throughout the thread, but alas my analysis post (which wasn't submitted yesterDay due to the chaos that ensued close to DL) was eaten last night when Abigail rebooted herself to install some updates. I'll try to do it over (and it shouldn't take long, fortunately) but basically I don't see much good in Foley, and I see a lot of potential for evil. ToDay's vote is a throwaway; hopefully it won't be when I likely repeat it toMorrow.

There are eleven of us left. Three of us are evil; eight of us (myself included) are goodies. By toMorrow that number will likely be three to seven. We can totally do this.

I'm really hoping I'm not among the dead come morning, because I have the feeling I can help save the village if we get in a tight spot later on. So....yeah. Being alive is good stuff.

Maybe my vote toMorrow will gain us another wolf, maybe not, but it definitely won't cost us a gifted; I'm hoping we're over that phase. I'm definitely for changing my ideas if someone can give me a good reason not to suspect Foley, but for now she's looking mighty fuzzy. Is it just me? Am I just not used to her playing style?

However, I've got to admit that my opinion of Nienna is dwindling. The way she reacted to my "oh, do you want to know who I am?" toDay wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, but I also might expect the same reaction from an innocent Nienna who honestly began to doubt me. I wish I knew more about her.

Either way you look at it Phantom's insane. Seriously insane. We love him anyway? (I'm rather convinced he's Zeus, to be honest. It'd crack me up I must admit.)

Really, I still can't get a lock on Kath, Shasta, Mira, and Greenie. Or Lal, for that matter. That's a lot of unknowns, my friends. The odds of one of them being Hestia are quite good in my opinion, and I say this because I want them to be gifted (especially since I think Hestia's an extra false seer) rather than under the radar wolves. That many people getting by unscathed rather frightens me.

Erm....Nerwen then. I can't get anything from her, but I'm now not inclined to trust her. She's being very strange, and I could see her being the lover of a wolf very easily. She could also be Demeter, though I rather doubt it.

Dun. He looks good enough to me, but one can never be sure if the people they trust can be counted on or not. I'll have to look in on him more and see what he's up to before I pass judgement one way or the other. Also, there's a severe lack of bickering between us. You promised!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #964
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
MOD GOD INTERFERES Pt.4

So, would anybody object to me starting the Night now and whatever time is left I will add on to the next Day? All that means is that I would start the Day this time tomorrow an end it at the regular time.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #965
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, that's it for me for tonight. Hope to see you all come toMorrow.

ETA: x'd with the mod, and that's fine with me
Old 08-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #966
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Just before Apollo went with Hercules to attempt to stop their father from loosing total control, he left a note in his private chamber, revealing that he had had a vision of Ares aiding Hera in the murder of some of their fellow Gods.

So the Gods trussed up Ares in the strongest metals that Hephaestus had with him, and tossed him in the middle of the now completely ruined Grand Chamber, with the four bodies of still lying about on the floor. The fountain that was there was now a pile of rubble and water was starting to flow everywhere. The archway had completely fallen away and the columns that were about the room, holding up the ceiling, were visibly cracked. The strain on them was also quite visible as every once in awhile, the crack would extend up the column towards the roof, threatening to crush them all at any given moment. The only thing that remained completely unharmed was Zeus's throne, where he was sitting, staring at the floor where the bodies of his children and wife still lay.

The Gods pushed Ares in front of Zeus who took one look at him before nodding to the Gods: permission to do whatever it was they pleased.

They dragged Ares out of the Chamber, and out up to the peak of Mount Olympus. They tied him up out there, intending on letting the mountain have his way., but he did nothing. He just looked at them all and started laughing. The Gods proceeded back down into their home, Ares's laughter still ringing in their ears as they all settled in for the Night.

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods
Night 4 - Lottie aka. Artemis (Hunter) - Face full of energy blast from Hera
Night 4 - Wilwa aka. Hera (Wolf Lover) - Pierced by Artemis's last shot
Day 4 - Tum aka. Apollo (Seer) - Killed by a bolt of lightning from Zeus
Day 4 - Mac aka. Hercules (Shirrif) - Pancaked by a piece of ceiling
Day 4 - Rikae aka. Ares (Wolf) - Left to freeze on the peak of Mount Olympus.

Alive
Kath
Mira
Zil
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Greenie
Shasta
Phantom
Sally

Night 5 HAS BEGUN
Everyone do what you gotta do.

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-02-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #967
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Hunt Gone Awry

Eros was out on the hunt, even after the affairs of the previous Day AND Night. He was not going to let the other two upstarts bring the rest of the Olympian Gods down, not while he was on watch.

He was just walking by the room that happened to be where Persephone was resting when he noticed a shadow approaching from the other end of the Hallway. He quickly pressed himself against the wall so as to hide from the mysterious figure and quietly drew his sword. But it was too late, the figure had seen him and quickly turned around, running from him. He swore under his breath and started giving chase.

Just as he was starting to close the gap between the two, he collided with someone else. Thinking it was the second of the two, he swung his sword for where he estimated was the neck. There was a dull thunk as the figure's head hit the floor. Just then, a sliver of moonlight peaked in through the window across the hall and illuminated the face...It was Demeter.

Eros collapsed to the floor. There was no way that Demeter could have been one of the scoundrels that was bringing the Twilight upon them. She was just there, on her way to keep an eye on Persephone.

And then he heard it, directly behind him, something was slinking thier way toward him.

------------------------------------------------
START OF THE DAY

The rest of the Gods gathered again in the ruins of the Great Chamber. Zeus had gotten rid of the bodies of his children and wife before closing himself off in his quarters, but the place was still an utter mess.

And there, on top of the slab that had crushed Hercules, lay Eros. As the Gods approached, they noticed that a cross had been carved into his chest, and his sword was stuck right in the middle of the cross, with Demeter's head jammed onto the hilt of the sword.

The Gods all dispersed, completely disgusted by the sight of their fellow Gods. It was Day 5 of the ending of their lives.

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death
Day 3 - Nog aka. Poseidon (Unicorn) - Fish-fried by the other Gods
Night 4 - Lottie aka. Artemis (Hunter) - Face full of energy blast from Hera
Night 4 - Wilwa aka. Hera (Wolf Lover) - Pierced by Artemis's last shot
Day 4 - Tum aka. Apollo (Seer) - Killed by a bolt of lightning from Zeus
Day 4 - Mac aka. Hercules (Shirrif) - Pancaked by a piece of ceiling
Day 4 - Rikae aka. Ares (Wolf) - Left to freeze on the peak of Mount Olympus.
Night 5 - Greenie aka. Demeter (Protector of Youth) - Accidental beheading by Eros
Night 5 - Zil aka. Eros (Hunting Guardian) - Cross-carved stabbing

Alive
Kath
Mira
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Lalaith
Shasta
Phantom
Sally

THE DAY HAS BEGUN
Wolves stop PMing.

Everyone start posting.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #968
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, so, 9 of us left. We still have, what, a Ranger with us? And a Shirrif, but he doesn't have powers. And Athena, who possibly knows the Ranger. And a Seer, but he is possibly false. And Zeus, but who knows what he's up to. And Persephone, who I assume is helping the Wolves. And then there's the two Wolves. And the Cursed, who can be turned (or perhaps he is just an Ordo and the deceased Eonwe was Dionysus, as the rules clearly say Dionysus won't be correctly identified upon death).

Here's what we know-

POSSIBLY GUILTY

Kath- Hasn't been around much. Sneaky girl. Drinks too much.
Mira- Has failed hardcore at voting, especially on Day 3.
Nienna- After a couple days of being quiet, she's picked up her game. Pressure?
Nerwen- Named after Galadriel. Very lame.
Folwren- Looked a bit Seerish the first two days. Ploy?
Lalaith- Scary smooth wolf.
Shasta- Unusually quiet this game.
Sally- Proposes evil plans!

DEFINITELY GUILTY

Phantom- Has been found in possession of large quantities of win, has been convicted on numerous occasions for deeds that exceeded the acceptable level of epic and awesome, and stands accused of stealing all the world's sexy.

And now... sleep time.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #969
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm about to head off for work. Sometime today I'll catch up on yesterDay's activities and see what's up. I briefly glanced through what had occurred last night when I returned home. Things don't look exactly good.

-- Foley
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #970
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I'm about to head off for work. Sometime today I'll catch up on yesterDay's activities and see what's up. I briefly glanced through what had occurred last night when I returned home. Things don't look exactly good.
Could be worse. We still have one Ranger, and maybe a Seer, and Dionysus wasn't turned. We do need to get another wolf toDay, though.

So, a couple of things: I was thinking about who Zeus might be– that is, which player might have acted like that as Zeus. Now, I agree with Sally that it's the sort of thing the phantom might do... but I could actually see Sally herself doing it, just because no-one was expecting it. On the other hand, it could be someone who hasn't been around much and just didn't realise Zeus could still win without Hera. (Kath? Mira? Shasta?)

Also, wouldn't it be worth reading through Greenie's posts for a hint of who Persephone might be? I don't feel up to it right this minute, though.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #971
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Greenie was convinced early on that Mac was Hades, and so we merely need to look through his Day 1 posts and see who he might've looked he was hinting at to figure out who Persephone is.

From Greenie on Day 2-
Quote:
Hmm. I was pretty sure yesterDay that Mac was Hades (a big part of why I voted for him in the first place), but didn't want to say it because I kind of hoped against all hope that Persephone had failed to notice what I did (a big part of why I voted for him with such flimsy reasons instead of my real ones). That obviously doesn't matter anymore now that all his possible Hades hints are out in the open anyway.

I have some doubts yet (among them the classic "Can it be this easy?"), but unless something drastic happens I'd be willing to vote for Mac toDay
Got it? Good.

And if you reread Greenie, you'll see that only one living player consistently remains on all of her innocent lists. So, if that player is also the player that Mac appears to hint at, that player is without any doubt Persephone. Case solved.

And no- I'm not going to do all of your work for you.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #972
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Could be worse. We still have one Ranger, and maybe a Seer, and Dionysus wasn't turned. We do need to get another wolf toDay, though.

So, a couple of things: I was thinking about who Zeus might be– that is, which player might have acted like that as Zeus. Now, I agree with Sally that it's the sort of thing the phantom might do... but I could actually see Sally herself doing it, just because no-one was expecting it. On the other hand, it could be someone who hasn't been around much and just didn't realise Zeus could still win without Hera. (Kath? Mira? Shasta?)

Also, wouldn't it be worth reading through Greenie's posts for a hint of who Persephone might be? I don't feel up to it right this minute, though.
Well it certainly ain't me. Did you miss the part where I was trying to protect her and her dreams? (In a non-rangery fashion, that is.)

Speaking of rangery fashion, rubbish. That didn't work out at all like I wanted.

*cryptic!Sally continues to be cryptic*

Good thoughts on someone who wasn't paying attention to the rules, etc. I think in that case Shasta would be a good candidate. Either way, though, we don't want to kill Zeus, so for the moment at least I don't really care who he/she is.

Kath, however, said something interesting the other Day. I need to find out who she said it to. *goes hunting*
Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #973
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Are you kidding Inzil? I missed yesterDay due to busyness and ... ahem ... drunkenness. But I caught up on yesterDay and I know the rules - I'm not about to cause the player list to drop any further after toDay's happenings with a Shirriff AND our true Seer gone. The latter of which by the way ... what?! What was that about? We clearly have a maniacal Zeus or one who has decided they're not on the side of the village.

Plus my vote is obvious in light of Tum being proven right about Nog.

++RIKAE

I do need to read over things in more depth, but I'm around for the next three hours to do that - I just wanted to vote now so as to avoid any possible modfiring!

Ping! Is this too obvious to be a Dionysus hint? (Like I should talk about lack of subtlety. )
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #974
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Ping! Is this too obvious to be a Dionysus hint? (Like I should talk about lack of subtlety. )
Why, yes, I should say so.

Kath's fairly experienced, isn't she? Any one who's experienced and who has the Dionysus role would keep quiet, lest the villagers suspect them and kill them beforet he wolves get to them. I mean, honestly. Who would throw it blatantly out there? "Kill me! Kill me!" No one is quite that sacrificial, even if they do want the villagers to win.

-- Foley
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #975
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Back to work.

I'll be back in....six hours or so, and will hopefully have a guess at everyone's role, blah blah blah. Oh, and Phantom?

You just lost the game. Jerk.

*hums Rick Astley, toddles off for now*
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #976
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Why, yes, I should say so.

Kath's fairly experienced, isn't she? Any one who's experienced and who has the Dionysus role would keep quiet, lest the villagers suspect them and kill them beforet he wolves get to them. I mean, honestly. Who would throw it blatantly out there? "Kill me! Kill me!" No one is quite that sacrificial, even if they do want the villagers to win.

-- Foley
The cursed isn't evil until they're turned. We've not been informed that they're turned, so they're in effect still an ordo. Thus, it's not really "kill me, kill me".

Thus, if Kath is Dionysus, we shouldn't lynch her....yet. We need to keep an eye out for them, though, because if the wolves turn them we'll be in a bit of a pickle.

However, Kath's other posts have been appearing wolfish to me the more I look at them. She could be dropping fake Dionysus hints (or she could have thought Dun was Dionysus and was trying to hint to him....

POST INTERRUPTED. PARENTHESES BE....BE DEADED.

Kath's totally a wolf. No joke, she has to be. She hinted at Dun with the drunkenness so he'd know she was a wolf when he got turned last Night. Except he wasn't turned, he was killed.

PLEASE tell me this makes sense outside of my head?!?!

Crap. I have to go or I'll be late back to work. But I'm totally exploring this later.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #977
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Kath's totally a wolf. No joke, she has to be. She hinted at Dun with the drunkenness so he'd know she was a wolf when he got turned last Night. Except he wasn't turned, he was killed.

Sally, why would she need to let him know she's a wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Dionysus – God of Wine – Dionysus is the Cursed. If the Wolves choose to Night kill him, he will join their ranks. Only the player and I will know that they are Dionysus. I will not reveal the Cursed until the end of the game.
Are you taking this to mean that Dionysus wouldn't be made known to the other wolves even after being turned? I'm not getting that from it.

That said, it does look like a hint. I'd say too obvious to be real, except for the liberal use of the subtlety mace we've already seen throughout this game.

–While we're on the subject, what's your story, Sally? With all the not-exactly-subliminal hinting, I mean?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #978
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
The cursed isn't evil until they're turned. We've not been informed that they're turned, so they're in effect still an ordo. Thus, it's not really "kill me, kill me".

Thus, if Kath is Dionysus, we shouldn't lynch her....yet. We need to keep an eye out for them, though, because if the wolves turn them we'll be in a bit of a pickle.
Wait, what? It seems to me that if the villagers know who Dionysus is, the wolves also know who he is, and therefore the wolves would know their next night's kill. In order to save the village from being plagued by another wolf, the villagers may as well kill thek nown Dionysus as wait until he's turned into a wolf - if, that is, they don't know of any real wolves to kill.

But I kind of see your point...provided we can find a real wolf, killing Dionysus would be pointless and would be killing an ordo.

However, I stll don't think Kath is Dionysus. A wolf? Maybe. I'll go read her posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally

No, it doesn't. Not really. I'll look into it.

-- Foley
Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #979
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
False. It is in fact probable that Dionsysus wishes to be turned, and thus he would have no qualms about shouting it out. And if we lynch him, so what? It's not as if that hurts the Werewolves. Dionysus is a bit of a Cobbler I'd say. And again, Dionsysus may already be dead, so it doesn't do us much good to worry about him.

And just a reminder- the last post I made *points up 7 posts* is by far the most useful thing that has been said today. You'd better not ignore it for too long or it will be obvious that you're not particularly interested in figuring out who people are.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #980
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
And just a reminder- the last post I made *points up 7 posts* is by far the most useful thing that has been said today. You'd better not ignore it for too long or it will be obvious that you're not particularly interested in figuring out who people are.
Well, I've found who Mac referred to. I'll look now to see who Greenie thought it was....

Ah. I see your point. I think I kind of understand. Persephone had to find out who Hades was, but Hades already knew who Persephone was. Therefore, no matter how early in the game Persephone was killed, Hades could still take a revenge kill - he didn't have to wait until he found her, I mean.

If Nerwen is indeed Persephone...killing Nerwen would be a very bad thing. But how are we certain that Greenie knew who she was talking about?

-- Foley
Old 08-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #981
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have a question that I've had for a few days now - how do we know Hestia chose one of the seers?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #982
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
But how are we certain that Greenie knew who she was talking about?
The primary point of Greenie's role was that she was told by the Mod from the beginning who Persephone was (Greenie was Demeter).
Old 08-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #983
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, I see. I had misread her character description. That is, I mistook her for another characer.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #984
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, now that we've got that settled, I believe I'll disappear for a while. I've already given you folks more than enough help for today.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #985
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks a lot, Phantom. I just love it when people give grudgingly and then sneer at people they help. One feels so...appreciated.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #986
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Heh heh heh... Sorry, but I simply must stay in character.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #987
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am so tempted to just say, "Jerk", like I would to any old friend of mine, but I don't know you well enough to feel that free. I'll just say "Meanie" instead.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #988
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, it's fine, you can call me a jerk. I'm totally being one.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #989
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nah. I told you I didn't feel comfortable enough calling you that. In my mind, I only call friends who are being mildly mean jerks, and to call someone I didn't know well that name would indicate that they were being really, really, really nasty, and I don't think you have been. So it'd be rude for me to say so.

Okay...If Nerwen is Persephone, then she's an innocent. I believe Phantom is innocent - I haven't gotten any gut feelings or indications that he is not.

I have few thoughts concerning Kath. Looking over her posts, she seems to think that Nerwen and I were somehow connected...look here in post 928:

Quote:
Folwren - Day 1 felt bad about Lottie, thinks Nerwen sensible and wilwa seems alright. Defends phantom and suspects Rikae. Not sure Foley would mention packmates at all ... which makes me think fairly well of Nerwen. Voted Eonwe as he seemed to be trying to hard to be innocent.
And then in post 931:

Quote:
Folwren - feels innocent. Could be tricksy and false. If a wolf then I think Nerwen innocent. Not sure.
Why does she attach me to Nerwen? Because I am suspicious of Nerwen?

As for Kath dropping hints for Inzil - Sally's theory on that sounds bogus to me. The cursed doesn't need hints. I think the post she is basing her thoughts off of is post #923, where she said,

Quote:
Are you kidding Inzil? I missed yesterDay due to busyness and ... ahem ... drunkenness.
But this is her response and her excuse when Inzil threw harsh accusation into her face:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Was Kath's effort worthy of her going into Wilwa's most trusted ranks? It does seem to stick out, in that Wilwa looks to have been waiting for a reason to praise Kath, who had been about as submarine-like as one could be.
This is at the end of a very long, very noteworthy post numbered 922. You may want to look into it.

Question: Why would the wolves kill Inzil? Was he close to one of their pack member's scent and they didn't want him to find out? Or, are they trying to frame Kath?

I don't know what to think of Kath.

What do you supposed this means? Post 924:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
As my last sentence indicated, I didn't conclude that you must be a wolf. As a matter of fact, looking over things myself the last half hour or so has given me another possibility about you.
As for Sally...well, my opinion is that if Kath is innocent, Sally's a wolf, but if Kath is guilty, Sally is probably innocent. I'm more inclined to doubt Sally than Kath. Why? Gosh...... She just seems flippant and careless, accusing people right and left with little basis. I don't like it.

I don't know what to think of Mira, Nienna, Lalaith, and Shasta just now. I'll have to do more reading.

-- Foley
Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #990
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Oh, it's fine, you can call me a jerk. I'm totally being one.
He is, and he's good at it.

Meanwhile, I'm back and currently reading. I'm still in shock that Zeus chose to take out Apollo yesterDay - how is that aiding his side, again? Seems very unsporting and unfair, but there's no use crying over spilled milk, I suppose. Sally is being overly cryptic until my head is spinning, and I don't know why Fowlren would just blurt out what he just blurted out (even though phantom did basically the same thing). In any case, I'm going to go back and look at Lalaith, who is the only person that I've consistently forgotten was playing.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 08-03-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Xed with Fowlren.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #991
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Um ... wasn't hinting guys. You can ask Glirdy. I apologised to him for missing the Day because I went out and got plastered Friday evening, came home and passed out.

Folwren, we're assuming Hestia chose a Seer because in the narration it states that 'her eyes are opened and she saw things she'd never seen before' or something along those lines. Eyes and see/saw pretty much = Seer.

Nerwen makes an interesting point about sally. She has been being teasing enough to potentially be our errant Zeus.

If phantom is going to sulk instead of helping then let's just lynch him anyway.

If Foley's a wolf she's played a blinder and probably deserves the win! If Mira is she does not.

To answer Folwren's last post:
I don't think you and Nerwen are connected. That's actually what I was trying to say. I was saying that you had mentioned Lottie (turned out to be innocent), wilwa (turned out to be evil) and Nerwen - who we don't yet know about. I was saying that if you were a wolf I would doubt you'd mention a packmate, ergo Nerwen is probably not wolvish if you are. Sorry, bit convoluted, and completely meaningless if you're not a wolf anyway.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #992
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I´ve been trying to do an analysis of stuff that happened since I was gone, but keep getting RL interruptions. I won´t be able to get back on for a couple of hours so I´ll post what I´ve got so far. Apologies again for being bitty – this is what I´ve got as far as middle of page 24.

Inzil´s point about Rikae´s defence of Nienna was interesting, coupled with Nienna´s own analysis of Rikae, where she found Rikae consistent and logical (something I found odd at the time) But would one wolf focus on another for analysis? A very bold approach – I´ve never played with Nienna before I don´t think...is that her style? Also, her hassling of Sally yesterday – what was all that about? Boredom? Distraction? Diversion?
Also – Inzil pointed to wilwa´s approval of a rather woolly post of Kath´s.
Quote:
Wilwa looks to have been waiting for a reason to praise Kath, who had been about as submarine-like as one could be.
Sally – her list of guilty/innocents is very similar to mine, and her schemes and plans feel like those of an enthusiastic innocent. But I don´t think I ever have played with a Sally-wolf so I don´t know what to expect from one.
Nerwen´s analysis of wilwa was helpful and incisive enough for me to feel inclined to trust her. Also her annoyance with surfacing submarines feels like that of an innocent.
More later tonight....
Old 08-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #993
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Um ... wasn't hinting guys. You can ask Glirdy. I apologised to him for missing the Day because I went out and got plastered Friday evening, came home and passed out.
Ha, see! I told 'e so!

Quote:
Folwren, we're assuming Hestia chose a Seer because in the narration it states that 'her eyes are opened and she saw things she'd never seen before' or something along those lines. Eyes and see/saw pretty much = Seer.
Gotcha! I totally missed that.

Quote:
Nerwen makes an interesting point about sally. She has been being teasing enough to potentially be our errant Zeus.
Or an errant wolf.

Quote:
If phantom is going to sulk instead of helping then let's just lynch him anyway.
No, because sulky or not, so long as he's not a wolf, he's still valuable.

Quote:
If Foley's a wolf she's played a blinder and probably deserves the win! If Mira is she does not.
Ah, thank you, that's sweet. But I'm not a wolf, so don't worry about it.

Quote:
I don't think you and Nerwen are connected. That's actually what I was trying to say. I was saying that you had mentioned Lottie (turned out to be innocent), wilwa (turned out to be evil) and Nerwen - who we don't yet know about. I was saying that if you were a wolf I would doubt you'd mention a packmate, ergo Nerwen is probably not wolvish if you are. Sorry, bit convoluted, and completely meaningless if you're not a wolf anyway.
Oh, I think I see. Well, alright.

Edit: x-posted with Lalaith
Old 08-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #994
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I went out and got plastered Friday evening, came home and passed out.
Before you passed out you, erm, sent me some rather interesting photos. May want to check your sent messages. But don't worry, I won't forward them to anyone else. Unless of course they're willing to hand me a bit of cash.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #995
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Before you passed out you, erm, sent me some rather interesting photos. May want to check your sent messages. But don't worry, I won't forward them to anyone else. Unless of course they're willing to hand me a bit of cash.
....if that is true, Phantom, this is the wrong place to say it.

If it is false, that was completely unappropriate and I disapprove.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #996
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Foley! Of course it's not true. What do you think of me woman? And he's just being mean 'cause I said he was sulking.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #997
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #998
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Foley! Of course it's not true. What do you think of me woman?
She thinks either that you drink too much or that you can't hold your beer very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
unappropriate and I disapprove
But why? I never said what the photos were of. Since I guess I need to clarify, they were nearly all of the lense cap. You can understand then why Kath would be so embarrassed, as these pictures would provide further proof of her utter lack of common sense. And the pics that weren't of the cap, well- they were of various city scenes, but her choices in perspective and lighting and her post-pic adjustments to the exposure and the like showed no eye for artistry whatsoever. So, perhaps now you can better understand why she doesn't wish for these photos to be released?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #999
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Good grief.

Who do YOU suspect is a wolf, Phantom? What do you think, Kath?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #1000
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Haha ignoring is a good plan, Foley!

Who do I think is a wolf? Maybe Lalaith. The wolves who have been found out (by lynch or clever Gifteds) have been fairly loudmouthed. I think it's possible we have a quiet wolf in the pack too.

I'm thinking not Mira. She's just TOO uninvolved. As a wolf I feel she'd make some effort.

Shasta is a possibility. He's been quiet but is reasserting himself now. Could be a wolf getting more involved as his packmates go down. Could be an innocent with more time on his hands now.

Nienna I'm not sure about. She hasn't really ... made an impression.

sally could be a wolf. I'm more tempted to think of her as a Cursed who wants to be turned or our errant Zeus though.

Foley could be a newbie wolf. Easy to play the confused innocent card if a lot actually is new to you. That said, I didn't think she'd mention packmates in a post, and she did mention wilwa.

Might have a look at some voting records.