The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #1001
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Cool down Shasta... I hope it's not semantics again... I don't think Boro said it was "concrete information". To me at least it is a perfectly believable hypothesis that should be checked. If we had three wolves we really should get rid of one toDay - and we're wrong, as Boro said, we can afford to lose an inncent just to be sure. And what would be the gains if we got it right?
Yes, but what if she was lying about getting only one dream? I don't think it's the case, but I'm just sayin'.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #1002
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sally and Shasta if you lynch me and Lottie wolf and her pack kill you I will say you deserved it...

I don't claim I can read the mod's mind. I'm just thinking of stuff that would make sense (which is not making a totally new random role we can't get any information on from anywhere).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1003
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Cool down Shasta... I hope it's not semantics again... I don't think Boro said it was "concrete information". To me at least it is a perfectly believable hypothesis that should be checked. If we had three wolves we really should get rid of one toDay - and we're wrong, as Boro said, we can afford to lose an inncent just to be sure. And what would be the gains if we got it right?
Noted, but has Lottie even been around to defend herself? This feels like a Lottie lynch is being rushed through for that reason.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1004
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh drat idiot Shasta... Sally please. Use your brain.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1005
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Shasta why switch on someone (talking about Lottie with regards to me) who's defended me as innocent since her reveal or I could just kill her, when I could have just joined in on Lommy and Nog fight today or gone for someone like sally or an easier target?

Consider that before your decision about me. You say this Lottie-thing stinks of wolvery, because I've switched and Nog's assuming she's guilty. But you're assuming she's innocent.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1006
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Sally and Shasta if you lynch me and Lottie wolf and her pack kill you I will say you deserved it...

I don't claim I can read the mod's mind. I'm just thinking of stuff that would make sense (which is not making a totally new random role we can't get any information on from anywhere).
Not just you, dear, those two troublemakers Boro and Nog as well.

Gah. Lottie or Lommie, Lottie or Lommie? Vote count anyone?
Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1007
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

I've done it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1008
Bes
Animated Skeleton

Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
Good lord, so many words and meanings put into my mouth for me toDay. Anyway, not much time before the DL. Either Nog or Lottie is trouble, in my oppinion. Lottie is the one of the two that has evidence against her worth talking about from my point of view, since I've never had much more on Nog than a feeling of wrongness. So Lottie it is.

++Lottie.

Edit: Probably crossed with a few.
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1009
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It's even, Sally.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #1010
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Lynch Shasta and Sally toMorrow people - anyone alive toMorrow... if Lommy is innocent and they just derailed the whole thing...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #1011
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Shasta why switch on someone (talking about Lottie with regards to me) who's defended me as innocent since her reveal or I could just kill her, when I could have just joined in on Lommy and Nog fight today or gone for someone like sally or an easier target?

Consider that before your decision about me. You say this Lottie-thing stinks of wolvery, because I've switched and Nog's assuming she's guilty. But you're assuming she's innocent.
No one else seems to be!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #1012
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

I, on the other hand, am assuming nothing. And thus....

++Abstain (official or not)

I hate myself. *waits*
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #1013
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes View Post
Good lord, so many words and meanings put into my mouth for me toDay. Anyway, not much time before the DL. Either Nog or Lottie is trouble, in my oppinion. Lottie is the one of the two that has evidence against her worth talking about from my point of view, since I've never had much more on Nog than a feeling of wrongness. So Lottie it is.

++Lottie.

Edit: Probably crossed with a few.
Aaaaand Bes with yet another out-of-the-blue vote...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #1014
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Lommie

Fish fish fish fishy!!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #1015
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Bes!!! What's this???
Old 12-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #1016
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I, on the other hand, am assuming nothing. And thus....

++Abstain (official or not)

I hate myself. *waits*

...Lynch Sally tomorrow. What the crap.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #1017
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
++Lommie

Fish fish fish fishy!!!!!
OH MY LORD WHAT.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #1018
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And of course it doesn't matter. Rubbish. I really really don't like this Lottie wagon, because somewhere there's so much evil in it.

Shasta, why couldn't we have tried Bes? Why?!

EDIT: x'd since my last
Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #1019
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Deadline
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #1020
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What???
Old 12-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #1021
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
OH MY LORD WHAT.
I was referring to Bes' vote. Blah.

EDIT: x'd with Nogmod....erm, Nog and Mod. I'm going to slap someone.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #1022
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Lottie -> Lommy
Brinn -> Lommy (2)
Morsul -> Sally
Nogrod -> Lottie
Boro -> Lottie (2)
Lommy -> Lottie (3)
Shasta -> Lommy (3)
Bes -> Lottie (4)
Sally -> Lommy (4)

Final votes, Legate.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #1023
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay... dum dum... moment of anticipation...

Loslote is lynched, and she was indeed a Birthday Dreamer, which is true... So she was a Gifted... And she was an innocent Gifted (so she was exactly what she said she is - having one dream on Night 4).

I will post the narration during the Night, meanwhile, Night folk can do their stuff.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-11-2009, 05:34 AM   #1024
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Expedition Journal - Night 7 Entry

We have spent a long time in a debate where everybody wanted to express his opinion about the place we found ourselves in. What was it, and how old could this dwelling, hideout, complex be? Carved in the volcanic rock – possibly by adjusting the already existing passages and gaps in the mass – using equipment no doubt advanced, but certainly older than the European civilisation. Who could have lived here, and when? Worsley and Herman placed the forming of ice cover over Arctic some 700,000 years ago, the time when, according to the palaeologists and anthropologists, the modern human beings were unheard of. The ancestors of Neanderthals lived in Europe at that time, sure, but as far as modern science knows, they were hardly advanced enough to create something like this. But was it possible that we have found an evidence of something our science had not discovered yet? Were the Neanderthals responsible? Were we to open a completely new chapter of the Earth's unknown history?

What was this Pleistocenian wonder of the world? Whose hands have carved these mysterious glyphs into its titanic walls? And why did they pick this remote island in the middle of nowhere – with no link to the mainland? And how was this whole matter related to the monstrous abominations in our midst - and the imprisonment at this prison of ice - and the claimed visions or dreams of sir Michael's daughter?

We have been questioning her about that, as now, grasping again our scientific thinking, we started to feel it most peculiar to follow such an irrational claim as that of a dream, even though it proved true. But as all of us men and women of science knew, one practical result is not the definite proof of a theoretical claim, other explanations are always possible. Exhausted by the endless dispute, in the end, we have decided the young lady's fate. I need not describe what happened next. I need not describe even our frustration when, once again, we were proven completely wrong.

The girl's body did not start to change. But it was once again one of these moments when our strictly rational thinking has been challenged. Needless to say, most of us would ascribe the girl's dying words to premortal fabrications of her fading mind, no doubt influenced by the experience of the previous days and also by thoughts and images stemming from her subconscious, likely fueled and further distorted by various fantastic literature and pictures popular among today's youth. Even the allusions to certain obscure mythologies, which even some of our group seemed to be familiar with, did not let us make much account of her feverish babbling. Nevertheless, these have been her last words:

"I can see things you people would not believe... Silver ship alight by flames of the black dragon... I see the rivers of spears glittering in darkness beyond the gates of iron... and the monsters of horn and ivory that hid in the bowels of nether earth... all these things have been forgotten... upon the coming of the roaring sea..."

LIVING MEMBERS OF THE EXPEDITION:

Boromir88 - senior assistant to a professor of glaciology
Morsul - federal grants lawyer
Brinn - polar bear biologist
Nogrod - old palaeoecologist with is own theory of climate change
sally - the original initiator of the expedition
Thinlómien - whale expert
Nerwen - mechanic
Bes - room/store manager
Shasta - sled-dog handler

GONE:
Roa - survival guide - died on blood loss from Werewolf attack on Day 2 (left game, innocent)
Mnemosyne - field medic - shot by the survival guide on Day 2 (Werewolf)
Inziladun - meteorologist - killed by Werewolves on Night 3 (innocent)
tromkehra - cook/bartender - left aboard the ship on Day 3 (left game, innocent)
Nienna - navigator - shot on her way back to the ship on Day 3 (innocent)
Greenie - senior assitant to important scientists in the company, killed by Werewolf on Night 4 (innocent)
Pitchwife - marine biologist - unambiguously executed by the expedition on Day 4 (Werewolf)
Eomer of the Rohirrim - sea pilot - murdered in the icy darkness on Night 5 (innocent)
wilwa - crewmember - executed in the underground cavern on Day 5 (innocent)
Macalaure - palaeomathematician - killed while performing his palaeomathematic operations on Night 6 (innocent)
Loslote - rich funder's spoiled daughter - died with visionary words on her lips on Day 6 (Birthday Dreamer - innocent)
Old 12-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #1025
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Expedition Journal - Day 7 Entry

It would be exhausting to give a detailed report of our wanderings in that ancient cavernous maze - it seemed like days as we explored that forbidding place. There have been many corridors, some certainly not created by purely natural processes, and on many of the walls there were ancient figures and paintings of obscure origin, faded with aeons of time, yet preserved in the prison of ice, untouched by human hands for ages. They were hard to decipher, but repeatedly we have been encountering what seemed like a collection of fifteen dots forming the shape of a triangle with one of its vertices aiming upwards. Sometimes instead of the topmost dot an intricate figure resembling a cogged ring or a deformed crown could be found. This particular symbol seemed important as it reappeared also separately on many of the portals and archways in this strange labyrinth.

But there have not been just geometrical symbols and glyphs - how we pitied the loss of our mathematician! - but also depictions of various animals and creatures unknown to us, as much as we could decipher from the graffiti. That intrigued particularly our biologists, as some of the lifeforms seemed completely alien to us, yet their depictions, despite the test of time, were remarkably life-like. Some resembled certain mythological creatures, the appearance of others was beyond our wildest imaginations. Despite our protests, our biologists have convinced us to stop to examine some of them more closely. In the end we had to move on, but it was our polar bear expert who remained behind - and when we found out that she was missing, it was already too late.

There was no way to tell which one - or more - of us had slipped away to take her life. We have found her body leaning against the wall, her blood glistening inside the notches of the ancient carvings in the light of our electric torches. Her death was our collective fault - despite the overwhelming danger, we have let ourselves become distracted by the curious carvings in the next room, hexagonal in shape again, but with its walls covered in cryptical diagrams and writings and with something that seemed like a stone altar in its midst. After lying our polar bear expert's body in the corridor and covering it with one of our blankets - we could not offer a more proper funeral - we have returned to the room with the altar. It was a curious stonework, yet not made of one piece and there were very strange holes in it, sinking somewhere deep under the altar itself. I think it was our mechanic who first came with the idea that they might have been used for pouring in liquid, and it was our buttoned-up lawyer who jested that this room might have been used as a sacrificial chamber. However, the jest turned out to be the horrible truth.

Even our mechanic could not explain what caused the large stone blocks to suddenly slide from the ceiling and bar all the exits from the room. We have repeatedly tried to move them, yet it has proved impossible. Somebody has brought up the idea that maybe if we pour something into the holes in the altar, the door might open. We have tried the water from one of our flasks, and indeed - some curious sounds came from below, but the doors remained shut. It was just after that when we discovered one of the carvings above the altar portrayed what was unmistakeably a scene of human sacrifice - and then what obviously must have been depiction of blood trailing into a machinery below.

LIVING MEMBERS OF THE EXPEDITION:

Boromir88 - senior assistant to a professor of glaciology
Morsul - federal grants lawyer
Nogrod - old palaeoecologist with is own theory of climate change
sally - the original initiator of the expedition
Thinlómien - whale expert
Nerwen - mechanic
Bes - room/store manager
Shasta - sled-dog handler

GONE:
Roa - survival guide - died on blood loss from Werewolf attack on Day 2 (left game, innocent)
Mnemosyne - field medic - shot by the survival guide on Day 2 (Werewolf)
Inziladun - meteorologist - killed by Werewolves on Night 3 (innocent)
tromkehra - cook/bartender - left aboard the ship on Day 3 (left game, innocent)
Nienna - navigator - shot on her way back to the ship on Day 3 (innocent)
Greenie - senior assitant to important scientists in the company, killed by Werewolf on Night 4 (innocent)
Pitchwife - marine biologist - unambiguously executed by the expedition on Day 4 (Werewolf)
Eomer of the Rohirrim - sea pilot - murdered in the icy darkness on Night 5 (innocent)
wilwa - crewmember - executed in the underground cavern on Day 5 (innocent)
Macalaure - palaeomathematician - killed while performing his palaeomathematic operations on Night 6 (innocent)
Loslote - rich funder's spoiled daughter - died with visionary words on her lips on Day 6 (Birthday Dreamer - innocent)
Brinn - polar bear biologist - stained the walls with her blood on Night 7 (innocent)

Day 7 has started. You have been locked in the sacrificial chamber and need to sacrifice one person to get out. (IMPORTANT!!!) See the admin thread here for more detailed rules for toDay.

Stop PMing. You may start posting now.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #1026
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Firstly: Well, there's the second of Legate's two mysterious events.

Secondly: Boro. Nog. Lommy. Bes. Two are wolves and two are seriously screwed up in the head because WHAT WERE YOU FOUR THINKING?!

[/rant]
Old 12-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #1027
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Alright, having read the sacrifice rules, it's basically two lynches today, with the sacrifice happening before the lynch. Goody. That means we can get rid of two of the four people who killed Lottie yesterday, instead of just one.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #1028
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oh, and for reference, my personal picks are Boro and Bes. I'll be back later to explain.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #1029
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oops...

(That goes both to the result of yesterDay and the events leading up to it + the sacrifice rule)

Shasta: even if I tend to agree with you that there is most likely at least one wolf in the three other Lottie-voters, I must say you are not making that case easier with that security of yours.

And even if I do apologise for leading you astray yesterDay, even if unknowingly, - and I do think at least one wolf picking that lead to hide behind it - I still think it was both a reasonable suspicion (the Birthday dreamer role was like I said earlier) and it cleared the last Days from the enigma whether to believe in Lottie's description of her role or not. We afforded even that wrong decision yesterDay... we probably wouldn't have afforded it toDay as well.

And btw. if you insist in your righteousness on Lottie, then how did you know it? For all I know only wolves knew she was an innocent yesterDay.

EDIT: X'd with the last Shasta
Old 12-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #1030
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Secondly: Boro. Nog. Lommy. Bes. Two are wolves and two are seriously screwed up in the head because WHAT WERE YOU FOUR THINKING?!

[/rant]
Voting for someone who I thought was more likely a wolf than Lommy? If you're going to take that rude/offensive tone (fortunately family-friendly prevents me from using words I wish to use) and refuse to see that it was a necessary risk we had to find out than I will shove you through the key hole, or however it is someone is supposed to be sacrificed.

Even though you are probably innocent, get off your moral high horse.

Quote:
Alright, having read the sacrifice rules, it's basically two lynches today, with the sacrifice happening before the lynch. Goody. That means we can get rid of two of the four people who killed Lottie yesterday, instead of just one.
That would be the most foolish thing we could possibly do at this time. I may not have lynched a wolf yet (how many for you Shasta? ) but at least I can say we haven't made ridiculous lynches based off emotion and flimsy vague feelings. If you want to blow our chance because you're po'ed, for some ungodly and unknown reason be my guest.

As for me, I say we sacrifice one and don't lynch. Preference right now is sally who can not possibly have had any good intentions from her posts yesterday at the end of the day.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #1031
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Voting for someone who I thought was more likely a wolf than Lommy? If you're going to take that rude/offensive tone (fortunately family-friendly prevents me from using words I wish to use) and refuse to see that it was a necessary risk we had to find out than I will shove you through the key hole, or however it is someone is supposed to be sacrificed.

Even though you are probably innocent, get off your moral high horse.
"Glass houses," Boro. Ever hear of them? I absolutely defy you to try and dismiss what I'm saying as being "rude and offensive" when you're one of the ones who pushed through Lottie's lynch yesterday when you knew she wouldn't be around to defend herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
That would be the most foolish thing we could possibly do at this time. I may not have lynched a wolf yet (how many for you Shasta? ) but at least I can say we haven't made ridiculous lynches based off emotion and flimsy vague feelings. If you want to blow our chance because you're po'ed, for some ungodly and unknown reason be my guest.

As for me, I say we sacrifice one and don't lynch. Preference right now is sally who can not possibly have had any good intentions from her posts yesterday at the end of the day.
Stop putting words in my mouth. The most foolish thing we could do at this point is to not use our double lynch today, considering that both Gifted are still around. You can try and dismiss what I say as "Oh Shasta's just mad" all you like - it won't work.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #1032
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Shasta: even if I tend to agree with you that there is most likely at least one wolf in the three other Lottie-voters, I must say you are not making that case easier with that security of yours.
I disagree, based on how it was thoroughly discussed yesterday there is more reason to think the wolves would want to keep Lottie around, because she was going to be a question mark for the rest of the game, or they could have just ignored it.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #1033
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
(the Birthday dreamer role was like I said earlier)
Clearly not, as Lottie dreamt of Pitchwolf and died innocent.

Edit: X'ed with Boro.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #1034
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The problem I have now is the Night-kills... the last one especially makes me uneasy with just concentrating solely on Lottie-voters.

Does someone recall Nerwen being suspected in any serious fashion? Yet she's still alive instead of Brinn who was actually suspected.

Or is this just the thing the wolves wish someone of us to voice out without dirtying their claws with the issue?

Anyway, it would be hard for anyone to lynch Nerwen so why keep her around when Brinn would have been a lot more lyncheble? The numbers are quickly coming down and the probability of even a blind vote catching a wolf grows with every lynch so why leave "clean-looking" people around instead of lynchables?

And here I need to disagree with you Boro - at least for the time being (=have to think it over once again, but my guts say otherwise than you say). It might be a good idea to both sacrifice and lynch.

The old story: killing by voting together is the only weapon we have (now wolves have only 2 from 8 influence on that); letting the kill-decisions for Nights instead of Days we let the wolves to choose freely (unless the ranger saves it = 1/7 chance).

EDIT: X'd with a few Shastas and Boro
Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #1035
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Let me explain my picks of Boro and Bes in more detail (I'm not gone when I thought I would be).

Firstly, of the four, Lommy had to save her own skin. I don't fault her for voting Lottie to save herself - in normal circumstances I'd probably have done the same thing.

Secondly, Nog was the originator of the theory that Lottie was evil. And while erroneous, I can maybe see an innocent Nog believing it. I find all three of Boro, Nog, and Bes suspicious, but the bottom line is that I find Boro's 180-jump on Nog's case more suspicious that Nog bringing it up in the first place.

As for Bes, that's the second time he's dived in out of nowhere and voted. A newbie wolf trying not to get caught? I'd like to get rid of Boro and Nog today, but that's probably not going to happen. Boro and Bes is more likely.

Edit: X'ed with Nog.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #1036
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Clearly not, as Lottie dreamt of Pitchwolf and died innocent.
But an innocent knew that only atfter the DL yesterDay...
Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #1037
Bes
Animated Skeleton

Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
Without quoting, lots of people were apparently surprised by my vote yesterday. I really don't see why: Yes, I originally thought the Birthday Dreamer role turning Lottie into a wolf seemed awkward and out of place with Lottie's behavior. I also then found and posted evidence to the contrary, and read other people's takes on the situation before coming to a decision.

Sure, we were wrong and Lottie wasn't a wolf. We know this now, whee and such. That doesn't change that I had every reason at the start to think that Lottie wasn't a wolf, and after I had pretty good reasons to change my mind, with citation to boot. That citation was even backed up, using references to the role in yet another game. After that, whether or not the game started on Legate's birthday came into debate, some people saying yes and others no. Lottie was accused of being a wolf, looked like she was going down, and suddenly I was all suspicious for 'defending' her (selective reading? I guess so.) What choice was there but to vote for her? I mean, barring a throw away vote that had nothing to do with what had happened that day, or voting for Nog who at the time seemed to be making sense and had no other votes.

Anyway, why ARE you so emotional about the vote, Shasta? Is it just because you wanted Lommie to get lynched, or is there something else going on here?

All of that said, Nog looks odd to me now. It was a long while back, but I've shown that he knew exactly what the Birthday Dreamer role usually is before this game, but he acted like it was some sudden revelation yesterDay. It could be nothing, but it looks at least slightly suspicious now that we know Lottie didn't become a wolf I think.

Also, I bet I'll cross with a few, as usual.

Edit: Crossed with Shasta, Boro, Shasta, Nog, Shasta and Nog. I feel like I type slow now.
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #1038
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
But an innocent knew that only atfter the DL yesterDay...
Not the point. You said that the role was like you said it was (the birthday dreamer taking the role of the person he/she dreamt) and it wasn't.

Edit: X'ed with Bes. The main thing is that her lynch was pushed through after she'd said she'd be gone for the day. Also, I considered her to be the closest thing we had to a cleared innocent, so yes, I'm a little irked that she was lynched.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #1039
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
"Glass houses," Boro. Ever hear of them? I absolutely defy you to try and dismiss what I'm saying as being "rude and offensive" when you're one of the ones who pushed through Lottie's lynch yesterday when you knew she wouldn't be around to defend herself.
Seriously messed up in the head? And then the CAPS lock? You don't consider that a rude tone? Sorry, but I do.

Shasta, someone's gotta go every day. I'm sure Lottie might think it sucks, I don't know, but she should understand this is how it works. Is that cold? A little...I'll send Lottie a message or something to make-up for it. Offensive? No, it's a game we have to decide who leaves it. When we're wrong we wipe our hands and move on. It does no good to berate people for being wrong. So, like I said get off your high horse like you're some righteous innocent protector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Stop putting words in my mouth. The most foolish thing we could do at this point is to [i
not[/i] use our double lynch today, considering that both Gifted are still around. You can try and dismiss what I say as "Oh Shasta's just mad" all you like - it won't work.
What words are you talking about? I said yesterday if people thought I was too big of a question mark, I would have been perfectly fine with being lynched. If it comforts you, you can sacrifice me today, if this is the way you're going to be I don't care at this point. But there is no way in hell we are killing 2 people today because you're emotions are high.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #1040
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oi! Boro, Shasta, chill. Arguing will get us nowhere.

So Brinn's dead, and toDay we must lynch two (more or less). I have an idea, and it may not be popular but I think it'll work.

I think the hunter should come out toDay.

There. I'll just let that sink in a bit, then I'll explain.