The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #1001
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
To be honest I must say that I do think I had a case against you... You looked really suspicious to me. I've changed my mind since, but there were points against you.
Okay... but what I mean is that once I answered them, Brinniel basically said, "yeah, well, I don't care, I still want to lynch you just in case," and yet now her defence of her highly suspicious voting apparently rests on her being so convinced I was a wolf that nothing else mattered except to get me.

The other thing I am still quite bitter about is this: Brinn's main case against me is that I was "wishy-washy" on Glirdan– because I didn't go all out against him from the word go– when in fact I think I played in notable part in getting him lynched. (And Nog also, not to mention having some credit for Sally.) Meanwhile, I documented how she was not only "wishy-washy", but actually tried to discourage us from lynching him. And everyone ignored this, nodded their heads and said, "Oh, yes, Nerwen is wishy-washy, and Brinn is oh so helpful and wise. And Nerwen's wolf-voting-record is just too good to be true, while Brinn's just goes to prove how helpful and wise she is."

EDIT:X'd with 2 Lommys.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-22-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #1002
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
What I thought when reading those posts was that Lottie had a reason to believe Brinn was the unicorn... Or wanted to make somebody else believe so.
I just realized, she probably picked Brinn as the Unicorn by elimination. Think about it– it couldn't be Shasta because he thought it was Morsul, it couldn't be you because you were urging the unicorn to reveal, it couldn't be me because I'm too reluctant to die, and clearly it couldn't possibly be Lommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
- Brinn says: "Legate is someone I'm growing increasingly worried about, but I need to look at him better before throwing any real suspicion at him." That's quite a fishy statement in the situation where suspicion against Legate is growing. However, if Brinn is the final wolf, why did she be so nice to Legate after throwing all her three other fellows under the bus one by one, especially as she had pretty good odds to survive given the small amount of suspicion against her thus far?
It's just numbers, Lommy. If both wolves had survived yesterDay, it would now be 2 wolves to 4 innocents. That's worth taking a bit of risk for.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #1003
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So... seems I'm talking to myself here...

If it isn't Brinn, who can it be? There's only Shasta and Agan left.

If it's Shasta, we must suppose that Wolftanis Althreduin carefully faked a wllingness to vote Legate while "reluctantly" settling for Agan, then left with a vague promise of maybe switching later. A perfect way for a wolf to avoid possible responsibility for the lynch of an innocent, while making himself look good if his comrade got lynched, and all this without endangering said comrade. Brilliant!

...And then he returned, flipped out and stabbed Legwolf in the back for no particular reason. Um... yeah... whatever... Now if it it had been Boro or the phantom in Legate's place, I could just see that happening.

If it's Agan, then Legwolf decided it was so likely one of them was going to be lynched, or alternatively so unlikely that Agan would that he thought he might as well go wolf-on-wolf, even though at that point it looked like I was going to get plenty of votes. This is just possible, but it requires very poor judgement from Legate. However, if by any chance the wolf isn't Brinn, then Agan's the only one left (yes, from my point of view).
Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #1004
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Still no-one here.

Well, I just want to say then– I really can't see any reason not to vote Brinniel. It would put my mind at rest.

The only thing I'm waiting for is to see what Lottie has to say in Brinn's defence, and why she's being so mysterious about it. My guess, though, is that the Unicorn Theory will turn out to be right.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #1005
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Two hours later...

Here, have skimmed, will post momentarily. I will say I'm willing to believe Lommy - everyone has posted and no one's countered her claim of being the Unicorn (even though she forgot her role ), which narrows the wolf down to one of three (from my point of view, obviously) - Agan, Nerwen, and Brinniel.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #1006
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Now if it it had been Boro or the phantom in Legate's place, I could just see that happening.
Hahahaha!

Quote:
Okay... but what I mean is that once I answered them, Brinniel basically said, "yeah, well, I don't care, I still want to lynch you just in case,"
Just noting that I did it too. It were only the recent turns of events and the fact that I started to suspect Brinn that made me consider you more innocent, and even now you're my second candidate.

I have a feeling I should do something useful but I'm lazy, so first I'm going to prime a canvas.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #1007
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
...What? Did you not observe Brinniel's attempt to save Legate yesterDay?
I went back and looked at the last-minute voting yesterday, and Brinn didn't say she X'ed with anyone (so I'm assuming she didn't), so the issue I'm having is why wouldn't a Brinnwolf jump on the Legate-wagon after his fate had already been sealed? I'm assuming that she saw Nerwen's vote, winty's vote, and my vote, which put Legate at four votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel[/quote
Anyway, I'm relieved Legate was cursed because he did look awfully innocent in the first half of the game (which means I wasn't completely fooled) . YesterDay I could see some valid points against him, but even if he was climbing up my radar, there's no way I'm going to jump on a bandwagon to lynch a player I haven't gotten the chance to look at for myself. And especially not when there's a potential candidate I suspect more.
Could this be why? Brinn defends her vote here before anyone (besides Nerwen even mentions it in a negative context, and immediately tries to set up today's lynch ("a potential candidate I suspect more"). And here -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
This case she's attempting to set up against me which seems to have a lot to do with the idea that I "saved" Legate by voting her only puts her in a worse light.
I think it's possible Brinn wouldn't have voted Legate because she expected precisely what Nerwen would say... but I'm not sure how likely it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Legate's guilt makes Nerwen look much more innocent. I don't think even she would've pushed a fellow's lynching like she did, at least this late in the game...
Nerwen, you, and Legate were on the chopping block yesterday, so Nerwen didn't have a lot of choices if she wanted to save herself, but on the whole I tend to agree with this comment (also based on what I've read today so far).

Quote:
As for why winty was killed rather than Lottie: well, I don't know, but I suspect it's because he'd both made himself look very innocent
My personal take on the winty-kill was that no one (but me ) suspected him.

Quote:
Under the circumstances, it would have been idiotic for a Nerwolf to have risked killing Legate– and like I said, helping to lynch wolves has been attracting suspicion this game!
Bah... I can't tell if this post is frustrated innocent Nerwen or "that move was so stupid I'd never have done it as a wolf please believe me" Nerwolf.

Quote:
Yeah, and probably the best way to brush off that suspicion is to go wolf-on-wolf since that's probably less expected at this late stage of the game. By voting Legate at a critical point, you can make yourself look good then pin the suspicion on someone who didn't vote him, which is exactly what you're doing.
Alright, this post bothers me. It looks like Brinn has decided that Nerwen is 100% a wolf... and it's nigh-impossible to be 100% in this game. Plus it looks "grasping at straws"-ish... I'm not sure what the actual term is, but it's like "twisting the facts to fit the theory" kind of thing.

#988 sounds like frustrated innocent Nerwen again... but Sally already swayed me once this game with the same attitude.

Quote:
Comments: Her answer to Skip is no answer at all, really. The fact remains that there was at least a chance to lynch me (the "clearly suspicious") and save Morsul, of whose innocence she was "pretty certain". She chose to hold her vote (she was there, all right, and commenting).
This is actually a pretty good point.

Quote:
Comments: A bit twisty, I think– implies that my intention there is to say that my frustration proves my innocence, rather than just defend my reaction.
I actually tend to agree with this as well - I remember thinking "I don't really like the tone of this post" the first time I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I agree with whoever said that toDay the unicorn should come out - so, here I am, I give up.
Hi! Can I touch your horn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Yup I agree. And of course his vote for Legate made him look quite innocent.
Hah, Agan thinks what I do.

Quote:
- Legate's post, opinions and speculation about everybody but Brinn - why not her? If she was his fellow, wouldn't he have felt he has to include her or otherwise it's suspicious? Although, later he says Brinn seems the most innocent of all - where did that then come from? But again we have to still ask: wouldn't a wolf be more careful about what he says about a fellow?
- Legate was reluctant to consider Agan a possible suspect because then he'd get paranoid and wouldn't get rid of it before she dies - echoes from innocent-Legate's thoughts or a crafty way of not suspecting a fellow?
I think the thing about Brinn is more likely at this point, but that's an interesting take on Agan, too.

Alright, a list from most to least suspicious (discounting myself, Lottie, and Lommy)

Brinniel
Nerwen
Aganzir - Shockingly enough, she's a little bit under my radar ("Impossible!") I need to change that.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #1008
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Now if it it had been Boro or the phantom in Legate's place, I could just see that happening.
Jeez, haven't I left that behind me yet?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #1009
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, I have reread, and I have to say I'm still confused grr... Basically, it could be any of Brinn, Nerwen or Agan, but I think I'm letting Agan be, for toDay at least. If she was a wolf, I don't think she'd have killed Winty, or more like, she wouldn't have needed to. What I mean by that is that for Nerwen Winty would've been a safe choice who would lead no suspicion tracks to her, and for Brinn, it wouldn't be a loss of a supporter or anyone who can go after Nerwen recklessly.

Gggg. I think the recent evidence points a bit more to Brinn's direction, but then again, somehow it's easier to imagine a wolf-Nerwen getting four fellows lynched than a Brinn-wolf getting three fellows lynched and trying to save the last one.

But two questions: 1. Would Brinn look any better if her last-minute vote had been for Legate? No, and that's why I think we shouldn't use her vote as an argument against her, or at least do that with caution. 2. Would a Nerwolf have thrown fellow Legate under the bus instead of getting herself lynched and him as someone less suspected continue the game for the evil team? Yes, if that was what she needed to do to keep consistent (if Nerwolf had self-sacrificed for Legate and thus looked inconsistent, it would've been pretty condemning against him and the end for the evil team). But would a Nerwolf have expressed suspicion of fellow Legate so early on during the Day? Not sure...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #1010
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
You are not Sally. Or Izzy. Or any of the players who tend to go by gut-feeling and are sometimes led astray by it. I've had those two– ordos both– pursue innocent-me for Days because they "just knew" I was a wolf.
Stop right there. You cannot know what kind of player I am, only I can know that. And yes, I have in fact pursued someone strongly before due to gut-feeling. Sometimes I am spot on and other times I'm very much mislead.

Quote:
Explains again how she "knew" Morsul's innocence– says she merely deduced it.
I didn't "know" anyone's innocence (Morsul or Mira) as you keep repeating. Did you ever go back and think that I was perhaps the only one being logical at the time? C'mon, I know an easy lynch when I see it.

One thing: You believe that me going so forcefully after you and the idea that I seem so sure of your guilt makes me look wolfish. Yet, whenever I admit I could be wrong, that's also suspicious. So what am I supposed to say that isn't wolfish to you, huh?

Btw, it's rather hypocritical for you to accuse me of being wolfish for going after you so strongly and seeming convinced of your guilt considering you're doing the exact same thing to me.

Look, I am not sure of your guilt, and there's no way I could be sure except in the event of your death. And I'm sorry if you are actually innocent, because that means this is just an innocent-on-innocent thing happening between us and we're basically letting the wolf sit back and win without even having to do much work.

Quote:
I agree with whoever said that toDay the unicorn should come out - so, here I am, I give up. I would have wanted to die in the Night, but the wolf seemingly had no interest in killing me even when everybody thought me innocent. *sigh* And anyway, whoever it was who brought up the possibility of a false unicorn claim toMorrow had a point.
Glad to have you as our unicorn, though I must admit I was hoping it would be one of the other three unknowns since you were already pretty much innocent in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Could this be why? Brinn defends her vote here before anyone (besides Nerwen even mentions it in a negative context, and immediately tries to set up today's lynch ("a potential candidate I suspect more"). And here -
I did defend my vote because Nerwen tried to spin it as though I was "saving" Legate, which she knows is a lie. And of course I would set her up for toDay's lynch...she's only been my top suspect for half the game...

Okay people, I can understand why you could be suspicious of me, but if you choose to lynch me over Nerwen who I've been trying to lynch for four Days and she turns out to be the wolf, I will be so disgusted and you will NEVER hear the end of it. For the sake of my sanity, please can we just lynch her toDay and if I'm wrong about her then feel free to lynch me all you want toMorrow...even though it would result in a village loss, I'd probably deserve it for being so stuck on Nerwen this long. I think I'd actually rather be blamed for a village loss than get off-ed thanks to a wolf who though I insisted all along was evil, manages to convince the entire village that I'm the wolf.

Gah, I so do not have the time to deal with this. There's so much schoolwork I must get done, yet I just know I'm just going to spent the rest of the evening on WW. If I were wise, I would've never joined this game, but I so wanted to play...and honestly I didn't think I was going to last this long. If I were assigned a wolf role, I'm quite certain I would've dropped out before the game even began. I have to run to class now and then a meeting, but I'll be back in around 3 1/2 hours.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #1011
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Okay, I've been through Agan's posts since Legate was turned, and... eh. Her posts look like typical Agan, and... while there's more evidence against both Nerwen and Brinn, I can't help thinking there's something weird about the sheer lack of anything against Agan. My opinion of her pretty much stands at this point.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #1012
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Would Brinn look any better if her last-minute vote had been for Legate? No
It's not really her vote that made me suspicious of her but the fact that everybody else whose role I don't know suspected Legate. I mean, it made more sense for the wolf pack to try to stay alive yesterday, the both of them, and Brinn and Legate treated each other in a way convenient for two wolves.

Quote:
But would a Nerwolf have expressed suspicion of fellow Legate so early on during the Day? Not sure...
I doubt it, but my argument lies entirely on the fact that I think neither of the wolves wanted to get lynched yesterday, even to make the other look better. Of course I might be wrong and they might have had a different approach, but my logic tells me Brinn looks worse than Nerwen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I think I'd actually rather be blamed for a village loss than get off-ed thanks to a wolf who though I insisted all along was evil, manages to convince the entire village that I'm the wolf.
If it's of any comfort to you, Nerwen hasn't convinced me. I reached the conclusion on my own, based on your actions. And if we lynch you today and you are innocent, you can take my word that I'll try to lynch Nerwen tomorrow (unless Shasta suddenly jumps up and cries "I'm a wolf!").

Haha poor Shasta!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #1013
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I read through Legate's posts from both the day before he was turned and the days after that but they didn't really help me... Ie they didn't scream "Lookie lookie she's my fellow!!!!"

++Brinniel

It's either she or Nerwen (or Shasta but in that case I'll be angry with him) and I think we have better chances with Brinn.

Leaving soonish. Night bunnies (hopefully just in RL ).
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #1014
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You know what's frustrating is this reminds me perfectly of Nogrod's game from late 2007 where Agan set up this huge case against me, which resulted in the entire village blindly following. At the time, I was in fact screaming to the village, "You are falling into a trap. This is what the wolves want." But no one listened, and we lost.

With Nerwen driving this late bandwagon, that's what concerns me most about her. Though since it isn't actually the last Day like it was in the other game (when a double lynch occurred), it could be quite easy for a wolf to tag along in a bandwagon, and be able to survive due to there being more "obvious" suspects around. Which is why I'm also worried about Aganzir. Lynch me now, and I could see Nerwen very well getting lynched toMorrow, but if I'm wrong about her, then we've lost the game. I'm feeling quite certain it has to be one of these two. And if it's you, Shasta, then well, you probably deserve that win.

I guess what personally makes it so devastating about me getting lynched is that I know from previous games the village has lost every time they've decided to lynch me as an innocent. So right now, I'm not very optimistic about winning. Which is a shame, since we were so close.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #1015
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Btw, I will be around for another half hour because my teacher basically excused us from class (again). Once again, I find myself wasting time here rather than doing more important schoolwork. All the things I have done for this village...and look how you repay me. Right now I really hope I'm right about Nerwen mainly because when this game is over I want you all to be able to hang your heads in shame and apologise to me profusely. I also realise if I'm wrong about her, I'll probably be eating my own words.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #1016
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ugh. I'd really have preferred to die earlier - I had wonderful track record, I could honestly say I suspected all the wolves but now I'm totally lost. I so wish we could have three lynches... Brinn's latest posts look rather innocent, but I know she'd be able to write all that as a wolf. I'm increasingly worried about Agan, she seems so easy and confident. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she actually was our last wolf... And it's getting late here and I should vote... grh. Given that Legate is in the same apartment, I could ask him to give the name of his fellow for having spent most of his game as an innocent he would probably mentally be on our side after his death. Seriously though, I guess I just have to vote. For the first time in this game, I'm happy I won't be around when the actual decision about the lynch (ie majority of the votes) is being made...
Old 04-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #1017
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It makes sense Brinn is the last wolf because she wasn't at Legate's throat and for her it would've been beneficial to keep Lottie alive.

It makes sense Nerwen is the last wolf because she really seriously has been thinking too much from the wolf pow - all the explanations of Night kills and now this who could be the Unicorn stuff.

It makes sense Agan is the last wolf because then there hasn't been a huge scale wolf-on-wolf massacre and because she seems so carefree now.

AARGH.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 04-22-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: fixed phrasing and bolding
Old 04-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #1018
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Lottie, you seem to be hinting here that you know something the rest of us don't about Brinniel, and that it proves, or at least suggests, her innocence.
This:

Quote:
I agree with whoever said that toDay the unicorn should come out - so, here I am, I give up.
Proves me wrong.

Quote:
What I thought when reading those posts was that Lottie had a reason to believe Brinn was the unicorn... Or wanted to make somebody else believe so.
I did indeed.

Quote:
I just realized, she probably picked Brinn as the Unicorn by elimination. Think about it– it couldn't be Shasta because he thought it was Morsul, it couldn't be you because you were urging the unicorn to reveal, it couldn't be me because I'm too reluctant to die, and clearly it couldn't possibly be Lommy.
Actually, I thought she was the Uni ever since Morsul's death. She was very much against killing the Uni just 'cause, and seemed sure that he was no wolf/Uni. I thought that indicated that she was the Uni herself. Also, toDay she had thought a lot about the Uni and looked at both sides...anyway. I was wrong.

And now that I'm not waiting for the reveal, she does looks suspicious.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #1019
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lottie and Shasta, are you around? Who do you suspect?

I also realised Agan could be simply carefree because Lottie and I are known innocents, it's pretty obvious Shasta is innocent and there are two Days, just enough to lynch the unknowns from her pow...

I'm trying to comfort myself by maths: there is a 66,66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66...% chance we win this game...

edit: xed with Lottie
Old 04-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #1020
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Lottie and Shasta, are you around? Who do you suspect?

I also realised Agan could be simply carefree because Lottie and I are known innocents, it's pretty obvious Shasta is innocent and there are two Days, just enough to lynch the unknowns from her pow...

I'm trying to comfort myself by maths: there is a 66,66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66...% chance we win this game...

edit: xed with Lottie
I'm here, but to be honest, my suspicions haven't changed since I posted last.

Also, Lommy, if that's really supposed to be a comma then you're awfully confident.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #1021
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
I'm increasingly worried about Agan, she seems so easy and confident. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she actually was our last wolf... And it's getting late here and I should vote... grh.
I've become increasingly worried about her too and while Nerwen remains my top suspect, it's been itching at me that I could very well be wrong. I hate being wrong, which is why I want Nerwen to be the wolf, but if we end up losing because Nerwen and I are stuck on some innocent-on-innocent bickering and allow the real wolf to slide easily to victory, then that's really going to burn come end-game. While I'd say Nerwen remains my first choice, I'd be satisfied with lynching Aganzir too...and I'd definitely rather see her lynched over myself.

I have to run to a meeting now, but I should be back in a little over an hour.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #1022
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Also, Lommy, if that's really supposed to be a comma then you're awfully confident.
Commas are decimals in Europe.

And those odds will be much smaller if you lynch me.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #1023
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Commas are decimals in Europe.
I didn't know that!

I do like the idea of a sixty-six thousand-percent chance of winning, though.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #1024
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lynch who you will, I don't really have a preference, but my vote goes to

++Nerwen

I'm not convinced she's our last wolf, not at all, but if she turns out to be it, I feel better if I haven't given up my suspicion of her at the last minute.

Also, she and Agan have to ready answers for everything. But Brinniel is too unsure, on the other hand... garrrr. Why have Agan and Nerwen dropped all mutual suspicion and allied against Brinn? Is that innocent or is one of them desperate to seek allies?

Bah, I'm going to leave this to your hands for now. If there is a toMorrow, I will think (even) harder then.

PS. You should have let us lynch Nerwen instead of Morsul (or Mira) and this would be a thousand times easier now!
PPS. Sorry Shasta, I forgot that in English you use a full stop instead of a comma there... I wish I was so certain, though!

edit: xed with Brinn & Shasta = cute dialogue!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #1025
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
PS. You should have let us lynch Nerwen instead of Morsul (or Mira) and this would be a thousand times easier now!
I know, right?

You have no idea how badly I want Nerwen to be evil; I don't like it when I'm wrong and if I am, I'll probably end up brain damaged from so much headdesking. On the bright side, at least I'll know that Aganzir is our culprit come toMorrow.

It'd be rather funny if Shasta actually ends up being the wolf...because I don't think any of us girls would expect that.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #1026
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Alright, I'm going to a friend's concert and I'm not sure if I'll be back before DL, so...

++Brinniel
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #1027
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Aganzir -> Brinniel
Lommy -> Nerwen
Shasta -> Brinniel (2)
Old 04-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #1028
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I've become increasingly worried about her too and while Nerwen remains my top suspect, it's been itching at me that I could very well be wrong. I hate being wrong, which is why I want Nerwen to be the wolf, but if we end up losing because Nerwen and I are stuck on some innocent-on-innocent bickering and allow the real wolf to slide easily to victory, then that's really going to burn come end-game. While I'd say Nerwen remains my first choice, I'd be satisfied with lynching Aganzir too...and I'd definitely rather see her lynched over myself.
Ah, looking for an alternative candidate, are we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Actually, I thought she was the Uni ever since Morsul's death. She was very much against killing the Uni just 'cause, and seemed sure that he was no wolf/Uni. I thought that indicated that she was the Uni herself. Also, toDay she had thought a lot about the Uni and looked at both sides...anyway. I was wrong.
Well, I juust wanted to make absolutely sure before voting–

++Brinniel

EDIT:X'd since Lommy.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #1029
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Ah, looking for an alternative candidate, are we?
Of course, because any other candidate is better than myself because I know I'm innocent. For me, it's 50/50 between you and Agan as a wolf. What, would expect me to vote myself?

Maybe I will, because I don't want to be a part of this anymore. This is getting to be really stupid.

And it's funny you seem 100% certain I'm the wolf (and you suspect me for being 100% sure you're a wolf...even though that's not true)...so either you are a wolf happily on a lynchfest, or you're going to be very sorry come deadline.

Btw, do you not even think it's the slightest bit possible this may be innocent-on-innocent suspicion? Because you see, that's what I'm worried about...and if you aren't a wolf, we'll probably lose toMorrow.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #1030
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Lynch who you will, I don't really have a preference, but my vote goes to

++Nerwen

I'm not convinced she's our last wolf, not at all, but if she turns out to be it, I feel better if I haven't given up my suspicion of her at the last minute.
That is a terrible reason to vote someone at this point, Lommy.

Quote:
Also, she and Agan have to ready answers for everything. But Brinniel is too unsure, on the other hand... garrrr. Why have Agan and Nerwen dropped all mutual suspicion and allied against Brinn? Is that innocent or is one of them desperate to seek allies?
Because the recent voting makes Agan look much less suspicious than Brinn. You choose to dismiss that as evidence, so what can I say?

Now, if Brinn were to turn out innocent, I'd have to conclude either Agan or Shasta was a wolf despite appearances, and in that case, as I said, I think it would be Agan. But let's cross that bridge when and if we come to it.

Quote:
No, you'd now be finding one or both of them "terribly suspicious", and mourning the fact that you went and killed me.

EDIT:X'd with Brinniel.
EDIT2:typo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-22-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #1031
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Of course, because any other candidate is better than myself because I know I'm innocent. For me, it's 50/50 between you and Agan as a wolf. What, would expect me to vote myself?
Of course, but I can't recall you suspecting her before, that's all.

Quote:
And it's funny you seem 100% certain I'm the wolf (and you suspect me for being 100% sure you're a wolf...even though that's not true)...so either you are a wolf happily on a lynchfest, or you're going to be very sorry come deadline.
No, I've explained this already. The point is that your "certainty" about me is what you're using to explain your suspect voting. I've already said what's wrong with the logic there. And no, I'm not 100% sure you're a wolf, but it does seem very likely.

Quote:
Btw, do you not even think it's the slightest bit possible this may be innocent-on-innocent suspicion? Because you see, that's what I'm worried about...and if you aren't a wolf, we'll probably lose toMorrow.
And if you're innocent, it will, quite frankly, be your fault.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #1032
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
No, you'd now be finding one or both of them "terribly suspicious", and mourning the fact that you wernt and killed me.
Neither of them were ever suspicious, and I feel like you guys have to be blind to think that because I don't understand how they ever were. If you were lynched Days ago and turned out innocent, then I would be most certainly looking for an Agan lynch toDay.

Quote:
And if you're innocent, it will, quite frankly, be your fault.
Okay, now this just really irks me. How the hell would you guys lynching me and the village losing because of it be MY fault?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #1033
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

You know what? Fine. You want the village loss to be MY fault? Then there you go:

++Brinn

Sorry, but saying that just puts me over the edge. I'm fed up enough that I'm not sure I want to be a part of this village anyway. I'm sure our wolf is gloating now. It's going to be awfully lame when we lynched so many wolves so early and still lose the game.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #1034
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Okay, now this just really irks me. How the hell would you guys lynching me and the village losing because of it be MY fault?
For voting suspiciously, and for literally driving an innocent– me– to lynch you. I was perfectly fair in my analyses of you, whereas you targeted me for Days on feeble grounds. (Technically, it would be Agan's fault too, but in this scenario I guess she'd be the wolf.)

You do realise that with the suspicion against me that you and Agan have cultivated, I'd probably be forced to lynch you now in self-defence even if I didn't particularly suspect you? (I do, but I'm just saying.)

So, if you're innocent, Brinn, then you've been the dupe of a wolf and you've probably– after a brilliant start– lost us the game through sheer stubbornness.

It doesn't seem like you, though.

EDIT:X'd with Brinn.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #1035
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

In fact you've already made the same point about yourself:

Quote:
For the sake of my sanity, please can we just lynch her toDay and if I'm wrong about her then feel free to lynch me all you want toMorrow...even though it would result in a village loss, I'd probably deserve it for being so stuck on Nerwen this long.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #1036
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
For voting suspiciously, and for literally driving an innocent– me– to lynch you. I was perfectly fair in my analyses of you, whereas you targeted me for Days on feeble grounds. (Technically, it would be Agan's fault too, but in this scenario I guess she'd be the wolf.)
Voting suspiciously? All my voting has been spot on up until you, and there still is no proof that I am wrong in voting you. Don't forget I refused to take part in two stupid lynches. And even if you were lynched then instead and innocent, those were two different lynches, thus in my opinion, two Days lost for finding a more reasonable candidate. I still believe that if Morsul and Mira hadn't been lynched, then we would've won by now. Again you think my reasons for suspecting you are poor, but I believe them perfectly valid. Unless you are a wolf, you were never driven to vote me. You seemed pretty ready to lynch me within the first minutes of toDay before there was any sign you would be a serious lynch candidate for the Day. So if you are innocent, don't you dare put the blame on me.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #1037
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
It'd be rather funny if Shasta actually ends up being the wolf...because I don't think any of us girls would expect that.
Okay, this made me laugh.

Basically this is to say I'm here and haven't much to say.

EDIT: xed with Brinn
Old 04-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #1038
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Okay, call it my fault then, but once you find out that I am innocent, it will be equally you're fault too.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #1039
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

*raises hand* May I make a suggestion? Let's blame the wolves if we lose...just sayin'.

Also maybe Morsul, but that one doesn't really have a reason.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #1040
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
In fact you've already made the same point about yourself:
Btw, I never said I deserved the blame, just that I deserved to be lynched. But the village loss would still be at the fault of those who would choose to lynch me.

If I vote myself again, can you just kill me off now and put me out of my misery?