The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 AM   #81
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
And let me start another accusation on flimsy grounds that will cost my neck for sure. Yes, I know he has expressed doubts about me, but does anyone else find morm being alive slightly curious? Unless we are dealing with a group of werecreatures that have never played with him before, out of FOUR kills, no-one thought of getting rid of that mormegil? he's a danger to them if he is an ordo, and he's even more perilious as a lover or a werething.
That is a bad argument. If morm would be suspicious automatically if he survives only one night he would never see the end of a game, which is just unfair. I could see your point if the werethings could work together, but they can't. Four (or three if he's guilty) pairs indepentantly made the decision not to go for morm. Why should opposing couples spare him, even if he is a lover?

Holby, I'm quite male actually.
(Macalaure is Quenya for Maglor)
It's four males and eight females. I doubt there's a male-male-pair given these numbers. But if there's one female-female-pair, then two of four males are guilty and four of eight females are guilty. This makes lynching the males first not a real advantage.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 AM   #82
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Macalaure...

Mac was certainly not the first person to post, nor the last. Nothing seems odd to me about his post placement.

This post seems mostly noncommital. He discusses possibilities for the behavior of the were-creatures and their lovers, but concludes with two widely disparate theories, and doesn't put more weight on either. He says not to look for pairs on the early days, but brings up the possibility that it will be more useful later. He bemoans Lhuna's random vote, but says he'll let it pass.

I think it is safe to say that we are looking at the post of a careful player, but it doesn't really point to what role he might have.

Reactions to this post:
Naria (WERECAT)- doesn't like an "if" post to be a day one/first post. Thinks it looks shady. The beauty of hindsight...now this response looks shady itself. A careful poster, a cautious poster, these things Mac certainly was, but an "if" poster? I don't see it.
Lommy - agrees with Naria, votes Mac. Says she dislikes the fact that his post is from the were-creature's POV.
Nogrod (WATCHER)- mentions it raises questions, doesn't really add anything.

Asks, rhetorically, what is so suspicious about trying to see the werecreatures' point of view. Mentions suspicion of Farael, for questioning things Mac finds trivial, and suspicion of Rune for being overly aggressive in attacking Farael.

Again, seems to be a careful post...short and to the point, unlike Mac's usual eloquence. But again, nothing seems really suspicious, except that I would have protested more to three people thinking I was suspicious. That might just be me, I tend to be really defensive, but it's a thought.

Reactions:
Nogrod (WATCHER) - backs off his suspicion of Mac a little...well, he says he's uncomfortable with his reasons for that suspicion.

Votes for Rune, to widen the field. Still doesn't say much.

Reactions:
arcticstorm (WERECAT LOVER)- asks Mac to elaborate on why he finds Rune suspicious, says he does not.

Mac does not show up again for the remainder of the day, which doesn't really worry me, as he's already voted.

I'll come back later, and may or may not continue with Mac's posts. Depends. I will say that I feel better about how vocal he is today compared to yesterday.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #83
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
An analysis of me!

Quote:
Again, seems to be a careful post...short and to the point, unlike Mac's usual eloquence. But again, nothing seems really suspicious, except that I would have protested more to three people thinking I was suspicious. That might just be me, I tend to be really defensive, but it's a thought.
Jenny calls me careful, Lommy calls me soft. You're either lovers - or right. I like to play aggressive and edgy, but only if I have something to play this way with. I only had weak suspicions yet and I don't like to accuse somebody loudly if I'm not sure about it.
I used to defend myself quite vehemently in my past games, that's true. However, I grew familiar with the feeling of being suspected. I don't know what it is, but I always attract the suspicion of two or three people on the first day. It doesn't bother me that much any more.
Thanks for calling me eloquent.

I forgot to answer arctic's question. I found Rune a little suspicious because of his aggressive yet unfounded and regretting vote for Farael. I didn't like the Farael-waggon and so I went with the only other person I felt bad about.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 AM   #84
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
That is a bad argument. If morm would be suspicious automatically if he survives only one night he would never see the end of a game, which is just unfair. I could see your point if the werethings could work together, but they can't. Four (or three if he's guilty) pairs indepentantly made the decision not to go for morm. Why should opposing couples spare him, even if he is a lover?
See, the thing is, my argument is based on the fact that the werethings are NOT working together. If he was indeed on one of the three evil teams remaning, the odds of him getting eaten at night decrease. You say, why should opposing couples spare him? I ask, howcome they DID spare him?

And I'm not saying condemn him yet, I'm saying keep an eye on him, because as much as he is a powerfull ally, he is much more of a dangerous enemy.

As for Holby... c'mon, kill all the males? with this ratios Diamond would be rather unwise not to have a few same-sex couples... while I'm not privy to her thoughts, by systematically killing all males we guarantee that a few werethings will survive FOUR days. If they don't kill each other by night, we'll give them a HUGE advantage. Also, systematically doing ANYTHING helps the baddies, as they KNOW what we will do not only on a specific day but also on days to come and they can plan accordingly.

Having said so, I do not hold this alone against Holby, it may look like a good idea and it has been proposed before.

But it does add up to my existing doubts about her... after all, she IS a her.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #85
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
See, the thing is, my argument is based on the fact that the werethings are NOT working together. If he was indeed on one of the three evil teams remaning, the odds of him getting eaten at night decrease. You say, why should opposing couples spare him? I ask, howcome they DID spare him?
Three or four doesn't alter the chances dramatically. Maybe they were afraid the ranger would protect him. Look at the kills: arctic, Kitanna, Rune and Nogrod. Except Nogrod, those weren't especially daring picks.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:23 AM   #86
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Three or four doesn't alter the chances dramatically. Maybe they were afraid the ranger would protect him. Look at the kills: arctic, Kitanna, Rune and Nogrod. Except Nogrod, those weren't especially daring picks.
I concede there, you have a point that the other picks weren't too daring, but I still think that otherwise it may have made enough of a difference.

I admit, it's an unfair statement to say "he's alive, he's too smart to be alive, so kill him" but at times it MAY just be true.

This place is dead and I may have to vote soon...
Old 10-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #87
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Lhuna for Farael (Farael 1)
Thinlo for Mac (Farael 3, Macalaure 1)
Macalaure for Rune (Farael 4, Macalaure 1, Rune 1)
JennyHallu for Valier (Farael 4, Macalaure 1, Rune 1, Valier 1)
Valier for JennyHallu (Farael 4, Macalaure 1, Rune 1, Valier 1, Menel 1, Jenny 1)
Durelin for Kitanna (Farael 4, Macalaure 1, Rune 1, Valier 1, Menel 1, Jenny 1, Kitanna 1)

While werecreatures are known to bandwagon, it is also a safe position to vote for someone first.

Lhuna (the very first) vote for Fareal. A random vote for someone who hadn't even posted yet let alone rubbed some people the wrong way. In and of itself not suspicious, especially with hertimezone issues.

Lommy for Mac. Had suspicions about him and kept with the vote.

Mac for Rune. had suspicions kept with the vote, sus of Fareal but wanted competition for lynching

Jenny for Valier. came on late (RL issue) saw that Valier was as speechless as her and voted Valier.

Valier for Jenny. in seemingly retaliation

Durelin for Kittana. finds Kitt "under the radar" and votes for her.

Other than as I stated voting for someone first is a safe position (can't be accused of bandwaggoning) the only ones that stand out is the Jenny/Valier voting as Morm had pointed out.

Neither were high on anyone's suspicion list and both voted for each other for not posting much. Could be the female/female team. So these two are now high on my suspect list.

P.S. sorry Mac for the gender mix-up.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #88
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
This has always been an unfortunate stigma that some have such as SpM and I. I've never enjoyed it but I will play through it.

Farael, I still hold you guilty but think you may be onto something with Holby. I know her well and sense and perceive some cracks in her behavior that indicate that she is guilty. If I have time I will look back over her posts myself.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:38 AM   #89
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'm sorry, Holby, but you misunderstood the reason for my vote. I did not vote for Valier for any reason other than random vote. The 'speechless' thing comes from her phrasing at the beginning of her first post. It was a joke.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #90
Fintaeph
Pile O'Bones

Fintaeph has just left Hobbiton.
I'm at RL work, so I only have a quick moment to post. Something I'm wondering about is that we seem to be focussing on only a few people: Farael and Holby and morm (did I miss anyone?). Nothing here today has really changed my suspicion of Farael (he's still as hard to pin down as ever), and while I'm starting to be infected by the general distrust around Holby, I think I'm mostly taking other people's opinions for it, nothing of my own. I still get nothing from morm. I guess what I'm saying is that the discussion seems to be going in circles, and it's the same circles as Day 1. Is this normal for Day 2? What about the other 9 people (myself included, of course)?

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I'm getting this feeling like I have blinders on, and am being led around. I don't much like it. I am alone here?
Fintaeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #91
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I can't postpone it much longer and still know that I'll get a vote in. I may be able to come back online before the deadline, but then I may not, so I'm going to cast my vote now. It's not likely to change anyway.

++Holbytlass

Her last post was a bit more involved, but still too innocuous (hope I'm using the right word.... lots of words but very little meaning). She mildly suggests that Valier and Jenny may be a female/female team, which may have some truth to it, but it's still not what I'd like to see from her to change my mind.

I think that Morm is sincere, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. If he has such a reputation, it's exactly because he's able to seem sincere while being guilty. NOT condemning evidence, just a word of caution.

Fintaeph also looks sincere to me, if he's a baddie he's doing an awfully good* job at it.

And something I just noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Lhuna's Lover Jenny not mine, he was just trying to get me killed.
Well, you WERE a werewolf after all... I DID have inside information, but that does not make you less guilty

Anyway, there's not a lot to add since my last post... I hope I'll manage to get another post in before the end of the Day, but at least I can have my conscience calm that I voted.

Edit: *Wrote "awful" rather than "awfully good" which is what I meant to write.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:43 PM   #92
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Holby and other possible mistakers: please don't call Kitanna Kittana, because "kittana" means too small or to short (of a cloth) in Finnish (or actually in a certain Finnish dialect) and it keeps bugging me...

Okay. Half of us are evil. Which half? I made this to make myself believe that there are really six baddies amongst us. I thought I could post it as well.

If I had to say which six are evil
Holby
Mac
morm
Farael
Durelin
Valier

If I had to say which six are innocent
Lommy
Kath
Lhuna
Fintaeph
Rikae
Jenny

Now this does not mean I suspect the first six and trust the last six. I wish it was so, but it's not that easy. That was only if I had to make the categories.

Now, I'll elaborate a little:
Holby - As I (and many others) have said before her vote was odd. To me it looked like joining a bandwagon for the sake of joining a bandwagon. Her proposal of the male-lynch tactics (which I'd consider a good one in a way, since generally speaking the males are quite suspicious) had a point per se, but she presented it in a manner and in such a situation that I couldn't help thinking she was a baddie being too sure of her doom too early wishing to hinder the village. It was somehow thrown out of nowhere to nowhere, if you get my point. It just felt wrong.

Mac - I stick to my earlier concerns. (Post #67) His explanations don't convince me.

morm - I honestly can't understand from where has all this trust towards him emerged from. I can't see anything especially trust-inspiring him, rather the opposite. He keeps throwing in overtly-complicated theories and is a bit paranoid (no offense meant). And I know this is not a good argument, but I feel he's evil.

Farael - Again, what I said earlier in #67. But I'm actaully growing less suspicious of him. Today he's made much more sense than yesterday.

Durelin - Again, check #67.

Valier and Jenny fall both to "hard to grasp" category. Of these ladies, it is very difficult to say which one is more suspicious. Neither strikes me as very suspicious and neither strikes me as innocentish either.

Kath - Though I disagree with her on some points, she seems overall quite innocentish and doesn't ring my alarms.

Lhuna - It's mostly a feeling that she's innocent, but her reasonableness speaks strongly for it too.

Fin - Gives me an innocent feel, not very sure about him though. Makes some good and innocentish points.

Rikae - Can't say anything really, so doesn't ring my alarms and thus belongs to this category.

EDIT: xed with Farael
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #93
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Lommy, if you don't think you can put people into two groups... then... don't!

Most of your reasons are only based on feelings. A little too much for my taste, especially if you divide the village like that.

About your reasons for Holby: Her suggestion of lynching males only made sense if she is either an innocent or a lover of another female. I don't get your point.

How can you put Rikae in any group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Hahaha, if I were you I wouldn't trust your hunches about me, remembering the last game...
I no longer need to.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #94
Fintaeph
Pile O'Bones

Well, I started the day with suspicion of Farael and Valier. Holby is also presently on my radar, and I'm willing to be convinced about her. However, I'll look at her later today.

I've just read over the logs, and I don't think I can post anything coherent about Farael that hasn't already been said. He's all over the place. That said, I too, find myself suspecting him less and less. Not sure why. Perhaps he is hypnotizing me. Farael, if you eat me tonight, I hope you get indigestion. :-P

Valier is bugging me, though. She's been saying just enough to appear present, and not really enough to endanger herself (#27, #42, #59). (Okay, you could accuse me of that, too, I guess.) But I can't shake this distrust of her. And as much as it feels totally stupid to put any stock in this, she did post first after last Night, and, I don't know, something felt *off* about the way she said it. I think it's the first line that's bugging me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Are you freakin' kidding me? Five dead people.
We all knew there would probably be four dead by morning, as there were four pairs on the loose. Five isn't that much of a stretch. And two of them *were* evil. "Methinks she doth protest too much." Maybe it felt like that was her way of trying to cover her impatience to post after the carnage she had caused. Gloating, that's it, it kind of felt like she was gloating.

Or I could just be being paranoid.

But then there's that vote yesterday: tit for tat. Seems a strange way to play, especially when a bandwagon was already rolling. It would have been easy to dilute the vote for her by voting for Farael. As it was, her vote for Jenny seemed useless, and her reasons did not seem intended to convince anyone to join her. If Jenny and Valier were a pair, it might make some sense to start a public argument. And yet I don't really find myself distrusting Jenny. So what does it mean?

Anyway, it's not enough on it's own, but it did make a lot of people suspicious of her (Nogrod, mormegil, Macaluare, others?).

Is this enough to get me to vote for her today? I don't know. Maybe. All my suspicions are still pretty nebulous. Other than the one last night, I don't think she's posted toDay. If she does, maybe I'll have more to work from.

I'll try to go over Holby's posts later, and see what I can get from them. For now, it's back to the grind. :-(
Old 10-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #95
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
All quotes by Mac:

Quote:
Lommy, if you don't think you can put people into two groups... then... don't!
The main point was trying to help myself hammer into my consciousness that there really are that many evil people here. I don't know about others, but for me it's difficult to grasp; you can always suspect half of the village, but to really know half are evil is a whole different matter.

Quote:
Most of your reasons are only based on feelings. A little too much for my taste. . .
I'm all too conscious of that. But at this point and with this many baddies around I just lack the evidence and the ability to focus.

Quote:
About your reasons for Holby: Her suggestion of lynching males only made sense if she is either an innocent or a lover of another female. I don't get your point.
Most probably (and I was thinking mainly about that female-lover thing), but she could always be a cunning lover of a male and propose that anticipating her suggestion would not be agreed with. Or then she's a lover of a male and wanted to play time. The problem with this (and werewolf in general) is that you can never discount any possibility.

Quote:
How can you put Rikae in any group?
By being suspicious than trusting about most of people. I did not divide the people to ones I turst and ones I distrust and they just didn't happen to both neatly include six persons: my starting point was that there will be six in each category, and the suspicios category just got filled up more quickly, if you understand what I'm trying to say.

I have to vote soon (it's nearing midnight here and I need to go to school early in the morning tomorrow) and I'm now off to reread the thread and think more about all this.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:58 PM   #96
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Lommy[/B]]Holby and other possible mistakers: please don't call Kitanna Kittana, because "kittana" means too small or to short (of a cloth) in Finnish (or actually in a certain Finnish dialect) and it keeps bugging me...
Sorry, must remember to put in one "t".Hhm, maybe you are the werebear/lover that killed Kitanna because she was too small and it bugged you?

i shall not be here for the rest of the evening, come see pink oliphaunts on parade (RL Halloween festivities).

i'm torn between voting for Fareal and Valier. Valier because she already has a vote and i would like to see if ther is anything to the Valier/Jenny squabble.
Fareal, well because it's never fun to be suspected so vehemently by someone with a "first day" hunch. I'm afraid that the only thing that will come of either of our deaths is that we are proven not to be lovers.

On one hand, if Fareal was wicked he could've killed me last night, but on the other it's sometimes easier for a wicked person to hide in the open by going after one person with bulldog tenacity.

++Valier
Old 10-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #97
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I think I'm going to have to vote now. It's quite likely that I'll be around later but it's also quite likely that I won't be.

So:

++FARAEL

Why? A number of reasons. One is that having read his posts from yesterDay and toDay I can understand now why others found him so suspicious. He posts as though he had inside knowledge, which since we know that he cannot be the Seer suggests he's not on our side. He attacks, forcing others to take on a defensive posture, and then uses that automatic reaction to push the case further, meaning that's it's not based on the merits of evidence. And, we've spent two Days debating him already. Enough.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #98
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

While rereading I found nothing special, but grew less suspicious of Durelin and more suspicious of Lhuna.

Of Lhuna I can't provide an exact quote, but she kind of fell from the almost trustworthy-category to the not-maybe-evil -category while I reread her triple-post.

Durelin said:
Quote:
And ooh, there are more votes left than I thought. Things might get more interesting yet...
The fact itself that she says this plus the way she says it somehow make me think that she's probably innocent after all.

A vote to come very soon, not yet sure for who, though...

EDIT: xed with Kath
Old 10-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #99
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I keep having my eye on a suspicious gentleman called

++Macalaure

though I feel my case will seem too feeble to others to get him lynched. So, this is more kind of a principle-vote. *sigh*

Of others I considered voting morm too, but he seems a bit less suspicious to me than Mac.

I might have voted Jenny or Valier too if I had heard more of them. Speak up, you two please. This applies Rikae too, of whom I must say is really unfair if she's a baddie.

And I wouldn't be so sad to see Farael or Holby dead either.

Now, it's anyway out of my hands for toDay. Let's hope it's a baddie who dies toDay, otherwise we'll be in a big bad trouble.

Good N/night!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #100
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I need to vote...a friend's coming over and I don't know how long she'll be here.

++Holbytlass

She just seems the least like her usual self.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:50 PM   #101
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Of Lhuna I can't provide an exact quote, but she kind of fell from the almost trustworthy-category to the not-maybe-evil -category while I reread her triple-post.
There it is! That's what was missing, the famous Lommy flip-flopping. Are we getting a reason for this one?

I'm hopping off for good now. Let's hope we have a better Night of it and wake up to more innocents than evils.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #102
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Farael -> Holbytlass
Holbytlass -> Valier
Kath -> Farael
Thinlómien -> Macalaure
JennyHallu -> Holbytlass(2)

Five votes for four people already. Keep in mind we have six baddies! The more we spread the votes, the more power we give to them.

It's getting late and I need to vote now. Though I would prefer voting Lommy, I don't want to add another name. I'm less suspicious about Farael and Holby at the moment.

++Valier

Her vote yesterday was strange and she did nothing to make me less suspicious today.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:43 PM   #103
Fintaeph
Pile O'Bones

Well, I've gone over Holby's posts, and there is certainly more to talk about than with Valier.

The day one posts seem pretty pointless, to be honest, so I'll just gloss over them. In #13, Holby posted her list of who to suspect, based on their stated occupation. Farael jumps on it and decides he wants her lynched. By the end of the day, several people have voted for Farael for his crusade (Lhuna, Rune, Morm, and Menel), and others have put him on their watch list. Holby gets no votes at all.

Today, things have heated up a bit.

In #72, Holby expresses what could be jury remorse over the lynching of Menel. Before she posts again, Farael posts that he suspects her because she defended herself. I'm happy to report he doesn't seem to have applied the same standard to me. :-)

In #79, Holby suggests the village lynch the males, as there aren't many of us left, and so a disproportionate number of us are likely evil. Feedback on the idea is generally negative. Farael particularly dislikes the idea, and Holby for suggesting it. To be honest, I wasn't particularly happy with the idea myself. :-) General feeling on the idea was that it would be unfair, and not necessarily productive (as it would take too long, seemed to be the gist).

In #87, Holby provides a brief analysis of the previous Day's voting, and the stated reasons for each vote, looking for possible conspiracies between pairs. She suggests Jenny & Valier might be working together.

Finally, a few minutes ago, Holby acts on her suspicion of Valier and votes for her, then signs off for the evening.

Over the course of today, a number of people have expressed doubts about Holby's behaviour. morm, Jenny, and Lhuna, in particular, think she may be acting a bit out of character. As I write this, Holby has two votes, one from Farael, the other from Jenny.

So, what does it all mean? Well, personally, I'm feeling a little wary of her. People who know her think she is acting strangely, and that could be significant. OTOH, I followed that reasoning yesterday, and ended up killing a friend.

Farael's vote does nothing to convince me. If he hadn't voted for her, I'd have lynched him for wasting my time two days in a row. :-)

Jenny's vote was about a gut feeling, but I can't help wonder about Jenny's potential connection to Valier, who I am really beginning to believe is a were creature of some sort.

At present, for me, Holby's behaviour doesn't rise above Farael's for suspiciousness, and I'm seriously considering voting for Valier as a result. As much as the two of them seem destined to be lynched, I can't help but feel it would be at the cost of ignoring a real and present threat.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #104
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Lommy

She just seems to spread random accusations based on feelings and flips too often for my tastes...granted this is a sudden flip for me but I'm torn about Farael as I remember him a couple times as innocent and rash and well, he's being rash this game too. Holby has thrown some red flags up but if I can normally detect if she's guilty and while there are some signs I just don't get the overwhelming feeling at this point.

Sorry I haven't been able to read as much or do as much research as is normal but RL work and trick or treating with my daughter has made it difficult.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #105
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well I get home from work and already I have votes against me.... Shame, because I am innocent, but hey I know my word won't count for anything.
My vote for Jenny yesterday was just as random as everyone elses and I think it is funny that people have thought what I posted was weird. I always post on the first day with silly posts, I hate trying to be all serious. I am still reading through everything and I will be back to share my thoughts on everyone....I better hurry the day is almost done.....(darn busy day!!)
Old 10-31-2006, 08:16 PM   #106
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well since I'm home now I have time to post so I don't care if I double post. I find it strange that people are condeming me for my vote for Jenny yesterday. I will not defend myself against this. As I said it was a random Day 1 vote, I was just thinking of Jenny and went to post and she posted at that time, I thought it weird so I just voted. I was the first to post on this day meerly because I was in bed early and at work all day until just awhile ago, so it's not strange that I posted first, I just had no other time to do it.

I would like to say that Farael and Holby seem to me to be a Lover couple. Holby's votes for me today because I already have a vote....that's odd since she was the first one to vote for me. Farael votes for her, which would work good for him to make him look good and risk being killed with her, a bold move, but I can see it from Farael.

Macalaure seems a little ....aggressive. I am not sure about him yet, but I am almost certain he is bad.

Lhuna I am adding with this group as well as Jenny and Durelin. I have some suspisions of these three, but am not sure why yet. I will keep an eye on them for now.

Fin.....I must say I think you are just a confused Ordo. You have never played with me and don't know my style, as I do not know yours. But all the points you brought up about me are pretty...well lame. I put Lommy, Kath, Morm and Rikae here as well because I believe them to be Ordo's...well for now anyways, things may change. I will not vote just yet as I would like to hear some more from people before I vote, but I am going to vote for either Farael or Holby, unless something big sways me, which I highly doubt.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #107
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry, I had some ghouls and ghosts to deal with.

So, I will take but one sentence to explain my vote: I thought Farael was/is innocent, so didn't want to vote for him, and I thought Menel was innocent, too, and he was the other person garnering suspicions.

Well, things are quite messy.

Personally, I kinda like Holby's plan. Except that Holby might have a female lover.

I can't believe it, but I'm actually thinking of going with Farael and voting Holby.

I wish I had more time to go over things, but I don't, and I know inaction not only gathers suspicion but doesn't accomplish anything (though it also means you aren't participating in lynching a possible innocent). So I feel I must vote anyway.

++Holby
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:09 PM   #108
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Have we still not heard from Rikae? That means he/she didn't speak yesterday at all and nothing today either. What does everybody think about it or believe we should do? I'm a bit annoyed because it gives us no solid evidence of guilt of innocence. I dislike lynching somebody who doesn't speak but on the other hand it's obnoxious and could be a nasty strategy...likely obnoxious.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:15 PM   #109
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I think Mormegil that Rikae may have mixed up the day and night. But in her first game she was very talkative so it is weird and unnerving that she has not posted...and there is still Lhuna, Fin, and Rikae, plus me left to vote.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #110
Fintaeph
Pile O'Bones

After last night's allnighter, I'm pretty much toast. Which means I could be thinking very poorly today. Still, I can't shake the Valier thing. So:

++Valier
Old 10-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #111
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

without further ado.....

++Holby

I do believe she is a lover if not a werecreature. If I be wrong, I will move everyones furniture two feet to the left tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:29 PM   #112
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
deadline time

The narration won't be up for another couple hours.

However, Lovers may start PMing and whatnot.

Last edited by Diamond18; 10-31-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:43 PM   #113
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I was preparing a long post and missed the deadline yet again.
See assigned to Mordor for some explanation.
If I can still vote:
++Morm
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #114
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Moderator note: Only posts and votes before the deadline count. Posting after the deadline potentially skews the game and is unfair to the other players so please do not do it. If you've missed it, you've missed it.

--

The villagers turned on Holbytlass, determining to kill her. Farael wisely leapt to fasten a gag over her mouth so that she could not whisper for the Oliphaunts to come to her rescue. Just before she was silenced Holby protested that Valier should be the one to die instead. Mac and Fintaeph agreed, but it was not enough. Jenny, Durelin, and Valier ignored the suggestion and joined Farael's cause.

"One, two, three, four votes for Holby," counted Jenny. "Eh eh eh eh."

Durelin struck a tragic pose, then struck Holby across the cheek with a pair of leather gauntlets. "I say we burn, burn, burn! the evildoer at the stake!" she cried, shaking one fist dramatically.

Valier agreed and proceeded to arrange the logs for the fire as the others lashed Holby to a pole.

Fintaeph, meanwhile, began to pace nervously and gnaw on his fingernails. From time to time he ventured, "Wouldn't you rather kill Valier instead?" But the others ignored him and went about their work, till finally the bonfire was ready.

"Fare thee well," said Durelin, lighting a match with thespian flare. She dropped it on the tinder and stepped back as the pile of wood burst into flame.

Holby made stressful noises from behind her gag, flailing as the fire snaked its way towards her. Just as it caught the hem of her dress and began to singe her flesh, Fintaeph gave a sudden cry of anguish that turned midway into a rageful screech. He leapt forward and took flight, rushing to snatch Holby up in his talons.

She was well-tied to the poll, however, and he was delayed for a few crucial moments as he sought to gnaw her bonds free with his beak. He got her free, but not before the hungry flames had raced up her body to catch hold of the Werebird's feathers.

The Elves watched in mingled horror and fascination as the Werebird rose from the flames, phoenix-like, and flew off into the desert with the still burning Holby in tow. Alas for the lovers, neither of them were the actual phoenix and instead of rising to new lives, they crashed and burned into a sand dune on the outskirts of the oasis.

~*~*~*~

The Living Elves:

Lommy - Ostrich Chaser
Mac - Builder of Gibbets, unemployed for millennia
Kath - Flower Girl
JennyHallu - Countess
Valier - Arranger
Durelin - Lead Tragic Actor
morm - City Street Cleaner
Lhuna - Beautiful Girl with Sleeping Sickness
Farael - Patient suffering from Mad Elf Disease
Rikae - Contortionist

The Dead 'Uns

tgwbs - Tragic Elven Hero and Lover of Diamond - (co-mod) - Stabbed himself eight times and subsequently eaten by the Werebird

Diamond - Elven Maid - (mod) - Crushed in the embrace of the Werebear

Menel - Mad Scientist - (ordo) - Beaten with an undead leg and a chamber pot and stabbed with red hot tongs (Day 1)

Nogrod - a Smith of the Billmarins - (watcher) - Savagely murdered by the Werecat and devoured in the long grass (Night 2)

Arctic Storm - Raving Alcoholic, Resident Moocher, and Lover of Naria - (lover) - Devoured head first by the Werebird (Night 2)

Naria - Lemba Baker - (werecat) - Dashed out her brains on the Ringbearer's Rock (Night 2)

Kitanna - One Legged Chambermaid - (ordo) - Ripped in two by the Werebear (Night 2)

Rune - Humungous Fungus Grower - (ordo) - Minced up into fertilizer by the Werewolf (Night 2)

Holbytlass - Oliphaunt Whisperer and Lover of Fintaeph - (lover) - Burned at the stake (Day 2)

Fintaeph - Mutton Herder and Purveyor of Fine-Quality Undead Prosthetic Limbs - (werebird) - Died a fiery death trying to save his lover from the flames

Last edited by Diamond18; 10-31-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #115
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

White Tree

After the light show the Elves retreated to their homes, oohing and aahing as they reflected upon the evening's entertainment. But they knew that evil still lurked in the shadows, so they bolted their doors soundly.

If only they all had the good sense to stay indoors.

Lommy awoke in the middle of the night and sensed something was amiss. She peered out her window and saw that her ostrich pen was empty, and gasped. For a moment she wondered if she should go out, but decided to throw caution to the wind. She donned a red hood and ran outside to see a stray ostrich frolicking in the moonlight. Lommy chased after it, but when she caught up with it, she noticed something strange.

"My, Ostrich, what big hairy feet you have," she observed.

"All the better to run away with," the Ostrich replied, coyly shuffling to the side.

Lommy was unable to resist a good chase. "My, Ostrich," she said as she followed it, "what big hairy ears you have!"

"Uh huh," said the Ostrich, luring Lommy into a dark alley. "Whatever."

"And my! Ostrich, what big teeth you have!" Lommy gasped.

"Bwah ha ha ha ha!" said the pseudo-Ostrich, and threw off its costume to reveal the menacing visage of the Werewolf. "All the better to eat you with!"

"Eeeeee!" cried Lommy, turning to run. But it was too late. The Werewolf chased her down and leapt upon her, growling triumphantly as it engulfed her in its massive jaws. There was a sickening crunching noise as the wolf softened her skeletal frame up, then came a noisy slurping as the flesh and blood went down. Finally, a burp.

An Elf came up and offered the wolf a napkin, running Elven hands threw wolfish fur and cooing, "Was she a tasty morsel? Is my love all full?"

JennyHallu sat back and sighed, "Ah, my MormyWolf, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...."

Suddenly, this tender moment of sated hunger and mathematical affection was interrupted by a rumbling growl from afar. MormWolf snapped to attention. He crept to the end of the alley and looked both ways. Suddenly, he noticed a piece of trash lying on the street, and his wolfish ears perked up in indignation. He went to pick it up and put it in the trash, where such things belong, not cluttering up the street thank you very much!

As soon as that was cleaned up, he noticed another piece, and went to clean that up too. And then there was another, and another, and another! Morm ran from pile of rubbish to trash to pile of rubbish to trash, growling to himself about how he was going to eat each and every one of those filthy Elves.

As he was doing this, he heard a blood-curdling scream from back in the alley. He turned and ran back as fast as he could, but he was too late! When he reached the alley he found Jenny scattered about in little pieces, more pieces than even she could have counted.

He rocked back on his haunches and let loose a howl of agony. The Werebear had been and gone! Too late he realized that the trash was put there by the Werebear's lover to lure him away! Horror! Shock! Let this be a lesson to all neat freaks!

Anyway, Morm was devastated and lost all hope for life. The usual. He lay down amongst the pieces of Jenny and sighed his last. Not even the Ranger could save him from his own despair.

In the morning the Elves found him dead, and no one was quite sure if he had died of a broken heart or Lommy induced indigestion.

~*~*~*~

The Living Elves:

Mac - Builder of Gibbets, unemployed for millennia
Kath - Flower Girl
Valier - Arranger
Durelin - Lead Tragic Actor
Lhuna - Beautiful Girl with Sleeping Sickness
Farael - Patient suffering from Mad Elf Disease
Rikae - Contortionist

The Dead 'Uns

tgwbs - Tragic Elven Hero and Lover of Diamond - (co-mod) - Stabbed himself eight times and subsequently eaten by the Werebird

Diamond - Elven Maid - (mod) - Crushed in the embrace of the Werebear

Menel - Mad Scientist - (ordo) - Beaten with an undead leg and a chamber pot and stabbed with red hot tongs (Day 1)

Nogrod - a Smith of the Billmarins - (watcher) - Savagely murdered by the Werecat and devoured in the long grass (Night 2)

Arctic Storm - Raving Alcoholic, Resident Moocher, and Lover of Naria - (lover) - Devoured head first by the Werebird (Night 2)

Naria - Lemba Baker - (werecat) - Dashed out her brains on the Ringbearer's Rock (Night 2)

Kitanna - One Legged Chambermaid - (ordo) - Ripped in two by the Werebear (Night 2)

Rune - Humungous Fungus Grower - (ordo) - Minced up into fertilizer by the Werewolf (Night 2)

Holbytlass - Oliphaunt Whisperer and Lover of Fintaeph - (lover) - Burned at the stake (Day 2)

Fintaeph - Mutton Herder and Purveyor of Fine-Quality Undead Prosthetic Limbs - (werebird) - Died a fiery death trying to save his lover from the flames

Lommy - Ostrich Chaser - (ordo) - Lured into a dark alley and devoured by the Werewolf

JennyHallu - Countess and Lover of mormegil - (lover) - Ripped apart and scattered in countless pieces by the Werebear

Mormegil - City Street Cleaner - (werewolf) - Despaired and died amongst the shreds of his lover
Old 11-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #116
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ahhh I've been waiting all night to do this.... and now that even Morm has been proven to be a baddie, I feel even more compelled to say....

I told you so, I told you so, I told you so...

*ahem*

At least there are some good news now... our multiple-lovers game has just turned into a reduced werewolf game. There are TWO baddies working as a team and the rest of us are ordos. Is there a ranger around too? doesn't matter anyway, since we have no way of KNOWING who's an ordo other than ourselves (if we are ordos indeed).

Honestly, my next traget was going to be the Valier/Jenny combo, yet it is (obviously) not a good idea anymore

Now, here's an interesting idea... Diamond explicitly said that she would not go after the silent ones.... if we don't hear from Rikae today, what about we lynch her? I know she seems to be having RL issues, but unless someone else seems to be more lynch-worthy (me perhaps? c'mon, let's face it, you know that EVEN THOUGH I WAS DEAD RIGHT you still want to) we might as well get rid of that doubt.

Just my two cents.... a perhaps stupid comment early on the (Game)Day
Old 11-02-2006, 03:55 AM   #117
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Funny to see that every time a were-creature dies, it does so by the loss of his/her lover.

So now it's 2 guys and 5 girls. I will take a very close look at Farael for this reason, but the probability that the last couple is female only is quite high. I would advise everybody to look close at Farael and me, but don't limit yourselves. Unless the ranger is successful, we have two more days to get the last lover pair. If you use these two days to kill me and Farael, the village loses.

Having said that, I hope Valier will elaborate on the why of her suspicions of yesterday. Valier's hunches are valuable if she's innocent, but we cannot verify that unless we lynch her. We could go by her hunch today and lynch her tomorrow if she was wrong, but I do not think this is a good strategy. I'd like to hear a little reason from Valier, and then we'll see.

Looking at Farael, why do you suggest to go for Rikae so early? The only other person to be so rash with this before was MormWolf. She seems to want to participate, but is hindered. If she doesn't show up today, then maybe we could try it this way and lynch her, but I think we should wait. As Valier said, Rikae is very valuable when actually around.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #118
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

You know I can see the logic in lynching Rikae. We have had 2 Days now and she has only shown up just after the deadline each time I think. If this were any other game she would have been killed by modfire already. If she doesn't show up by around halfway through toDay with this long post she was promising then a lynch might be a good idea. However, this is only if we don't find a more suitable candidate.

Also, I'm not sure that we should focus on the males. It is quite likely that the last pair is female only although there is nothing to say that it isn't male/female or male/male for that matter. Whatever the case, we need to focus on the individuals.

That said, I think Mac is guilty. I don't know why though, it's just a feeling I got this morning. I'm going to go back through his posts later, see if I can work it out. I won't have that up for a while though.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:28 AM   #119
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
,I've finally untwisted myself and am able to participate - apparently just in time!

Farael looks very suspicious & has since day one, it appears. He does seem eager to shift the blame.
I don't think Mac is guilty, merely because he seems much the same as in the last game - logical, reasonable and full of flattery. Of course, Werebears are known for their honied tongues, so I wouldn't rule him out.
Kath, your post seems to cover all bases - very safe.

The long post I was composing yesterday mainly explained my suspicions of Morm, and is therefore, obviously, out of date. I'll be back after school (before 3 EST). That's a promise. (And what's that worth, the promise of a woman? You're very funny, Highness!)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #120
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Farael:

On the first day he goes straight after Holbytlass. I found it strange and weak-reasoned, but he turned out right. He repeats his suspicion several times and it attracts not few suspicion from others. What I'm asking myself is: is that how a lover would act? To be so outspoken with a point which is likely to not attract a huge followership? Hard to believe, but who knows. Maybe he thought he would look even more suspicious if he didn't act like that, because many here know how he usually plays.
Other than that he refuses to go for Lhuna, which would have been very transparent indeed. His vote for Menel is only logical.

Next day he keeps at Holby's neck, now with some better reasoning. Good. He becomes suspicious of mormegil because morm was still alive. Now we know morm really was evil, but I insist that his reasoning was bad. It seems like his intuition is sharp.
He defends himself and his arguments much more than the day before. I guess he realised just how close it was for him on day 1, or maybe his lover did.
He votes for Holbytlass, early, as he said before.

Today he's very proud he was right about mormegil. I'm not sure what to think of this. Telling everybody "Look! I was right about a wolf! I'm innocent!"? What would wonder me more is why it was Jenny that he and his lover killed and not morm himself, though it would explain his happiness today.
He's quick to suggest lynching Rikae.

I'm picking at bones.
Yes, Farael does behave a little weird, but that is said to be his style. I can find nothing which looks doubtlessly evil to me, just some things that are questionable, but not overly.
I'm afraid I think him innocent. I'll be interested if somebody else finds something I overlooked.

Quote:
logical, reasonable and full of flattery