The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #81
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*sigh sigh sigh*

Sign me up. Though I can't promise I won't lynch you AND Kuru, Fea

My hours will be strange, I'll have from 6-8 am EST and perhaps a few minutes here and there.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #82
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Yay! Welcome Lady Oddwen!

I promise not to lynch you.

By myself.

Unless I think you're a clever wolf who'll kill us all.

Or maybe if I'm a wolf and I think you're dangerously clever.

But either of those could be interpreted as compliments, so...just take it as a compliment if I lynch you (or participate in the lynching thereof), ok?
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #83
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
This is now more or less my dream team...... Oddwen .... pretty please ...everyone but Nogrod will be voting hours early so you won't be the oddwen out.. (sorry) .... thirteen players would be perfect...
I'm just seeing some nightmares already - kind of like my first game, with Mith, us two only awake, not yet voted, and two villagers having an even match of votes...

And you others. As an European, I will be online mostly at the start of the day, and at the end of it. I'ts sad, if we are not online simultaneously...

But this surely looks like an interesting game!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #84
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Caving into the peer pressure?

Seriously though, glad you are in..plus I enjoyed the amount of pleading that has gone on.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #85
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hurrah - oh frabjous day calloo callay she chortled in her joy!!!!

Before I get down to the thing you all want me to do (issue roles) , I just want to say thank you. I am really touched by the enthusiasm shown for this game and I think that we have a great mix of old lags ..I mean hands, returners and new blood.....

I just hope that I can write intros and deaths worthy of such talents.

I know I will go in to Moddess mode soon...but before the power goes to my head, I, in all sincerity, want to say that this will be an honour.

Mith.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #86
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
Boromir - since you didn't play MM1 - may I introduce you to the concept of the divine right of moderators....
Allright allright, I'll lynch Diamond and Oddwen in a nice way.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Before I get down to the thing you all want me to do (issue roles) , I just want to say thank you. I am really touched by the enthusiasm shown for this game and I think that we have a great mix of old lags ..I mean hands, returners and new blood.....
You seem to be somewhat in the Mod-mode already? This allusion to the new "blood" was kind of chilling one to begin a game with, as a third time gamer, in this company...
Old 03-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #88
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Roles! Roles!

So excited...I love werewolf.

And it is an honor for you to Moderate our game, Mithalwen...Don't you forget it!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #89
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boromir88
Jenny Hallu
Feanor of the Peredhil
Kitanna
Diamond18
Mormegil
Nogrod
Sleepy Ranger
Gil-galad
Firefoot
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Kuruharan
Oddwen

Excellent

Oh Nogrod - Sleepy at least is further East than you so you may have some company!

Oh btw Currrent thinking on double lynching - yes, no or at mod's discretion?

Old 03-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #90
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b88
plus I enjoyed the amount of pleading that has gone on.
Meeee toooo. ;P

*gasp*, my latest dream is coming true!

So, what day does this start?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #91
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Oh btw Currrent thinking on double lynching - yes, no or at mod's discretion?
I thought, we kind of agreed on the Mod's decision?

Quote:
Oh Nogrod - Sleepy at least is further East than you so you may have some company!
I don't know, which alternative is the creepier: to negotiate with a possible wolf or to think of it alone (expecting the consequences...)!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #92
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ah well one tokem gesture at democracy

Old 03-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #93
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Meeee toooo. ;P

*gasp*, my latest dream is coming true!

So, what day does this start?

Well I am picking roles now .... as soon as they know Wolves can start to PM, Seer can send their pick and the game will start about this time tomorrow!!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #94
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Ah well one tokem gesture at democracy
Too much bother. I don't recommend it myself...

For some reason I thought Sleepy was on Pacific Time. (which is GMT -8, US West Coast)
Old 03-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #95
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Roles have now been allocated

If you haven't received a PM - PM me and yell!!!!!

Game will start 6.30-7 tomorrow. If you want to be a particular investigator/ detective and haven't already informed me of your choice, please do so. Other wise you will have to take your chances!!!

Old 03-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #96
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Game will start 6.30-7 tomorrow. If you want to be a particular investigator/ detective and haven't already informed me of your choice, please do so. Other wise you will have to take your chances!!!

Just two questions.

1) Will we have those roles (meaning these "detectives" etc.) "really soon" or just tomorrow before the morning comes around, and the game starts? (these surely would be nice to know beforehand!)

2) Will the game be played on this thread, or in a new one?

Well, kind of a beginners questions, but as a kind of a one, just wanted to make sure, what's coming up next and with which schedules...
Old 03-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #97
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Allright allright, I'll lynch Diamond and Oddwen in a nice way.
Not if I lynch you first....

Oh, and Kuru, I am very glad to see you, therefore you should be very afraid.

I look forward to kil-- I mean, playing with you all.

Last edited by Diamond18; 03-14-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #98
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
1) Will we have those roles (meaning these "detectives" etc.) "really soon" or just tomorrow before the morning comes around, and the game starts? (these surely would be nice to know beforehand!)
Nogrod you tell her your detective role. It's more of a characterisation. For example, you could tell her you want the characterisation of Sherlock Holmes and it would give her some ideas of writing it up early posts using that characterisation for you. It's only meant to add to the fun of gameplay and to help Mith in fun ideas. So essentially pick out some detective from literature and PM Mith with your pick. It has to be a mystery solver not an official 'detective' per se.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #99
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I sent in to be Elliot Ness the great G-man of the 1920's, but I don't think she's familiar with him. I wait to see how this detectiveness is tied into the game.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #100
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Nogrod you tell her your detective role. It's more of a characterisation. For example, you could tell her you want the characterisation of Sherlock Holmes and it would give her some ideas of writing it up early posts using that characterisation for you. It's only meant to add to the fun of gameplay and to help Mith in fun ideas. So essentially pick out some detective from literature and PM Mith with your pick. It has to be a mystery solver not an official 'detective' per se.
I kind of got that already, and have PM'd her to be the inspector Clouseau-thing eg. the pink panther, as you know. I was just asking, whether these would be revealed in time before the game, or should they just be given out at the beginning of the game?

Kind of thought, it would be fun to know it a bit beforehand, with "whom" you are playing...

But thanks about trying to help. I always appreciate that kind of people. (And this said now without any sarcasm - I might be tended to use that in the game...)
Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #101
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm not sure but I don't believe that she wants us revealing who our characterisation is. She likes to write it in so we can all guess...though sadly I'm rather pathetic at that game.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I'm not sure but I don't believe that she wants us revealing who our characterisation is. She likes to write it in so we can all guess...though sadly I'm rather pathetic at that game.
This seems both bad news and good news...

Bad if I have revealed myself to be what I am (not the only one, though), but good, as there is something to be waiting for - and a pathetic player alongside me! I have always thought, I was the only one...
Old 03-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #103
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Oh shh. It's okay if you're pathetic. We love you all anyways. *hugs*
Old 03-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #104
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Oh shh. It's okay if you're pathetic. We love you all anyways. *hugs*
At this stage of the game it is always so nice to say that, I / We love you!

I too! (although I don't seem to have any "we" behind me... )

But you're right, maybe we just shh. ourselves from now on.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #105
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
El Moddo Magnifico: And Garin.... please stop squabbling ......
This is truly my last post on this thread. I thought I was reaching out to Gil with fatherly advice yet in retrospect I but always come across as abrasive.

Well, abrasive name, abrasive avatar, and I am a smarty-pants.

Really, good luck everyone I'll be following the best I can, WW Sr. is a couple hours shy of DAY One. This is the first time that I recollect that both games are starting nearly simultaneous.

Of Course we have more players but are starting a day or two earlier.

Hope some of us play together soon ..... and keep an eye on Mormegil.

Kidding.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #106
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Against my better judgement, I've decided to join the game, if it's not too late. I got a PM from Fea entreating me to join the game and I had already been thinking about it, so I figured I'd sign up...
Old 03-15-2006, 02:30 AM   #107
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Just dropping in...

What a wonderful list of players! Now be nice, all.

I'm sorry I couldn't join your game (again), Mith. It would have been fun. But there's no way I'm missing the game over there.

This must be one of the most interesting couple of games played in succession!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #108
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Quite .... so certain people may get a surprise grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 03-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #109
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Re Oromin

Regretfully, I don't think it would be fair to delay and recast at this late stage when I am abour to open the game proper,

However, my last game was plagued by drop outs so I hope Oromin will agree to follow the game and take the place of any no show

Old 03-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #110
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Game thread is now open for business. Sorry to be a bit delayed... had a lot of PMs and had to decide about Oromin

Old 03-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #111
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Greetings.

While, on the whole, I am greatly enjoying the game so far I would make 2 comments:

1, Has anyone actually read the first post on this thread or are you deliberately trying to wind me up with the various references to anagrams?

2, Some players who did not notify me of a preference may not know who they are. Some players who broadcast their choice are not who they think they are.
Anyone who doesn't know their character may want to PM me. The rest of you can wait til the end - no blabbing!!!

Oh and can someone tell me waht a "heads-up" is......

Old 03-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #112
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
A heads-up is a warning or just-to-let-you-know comment.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:35 AM   #113
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Like with rabbits or meercats?

Old 03-17-2006, 07:32 AM   #114
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I'll rarely, if ever, be active at the start of the day due to it being late night here when that happens and then when I wake up I have school so I'll only be active around 8 hours before the end of the day.

Just so you know.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #115
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i shall be gone till sunday evening MST it is a training weekend and i have to be staff for it so i must go, sorry for any inconvience
Old 03-18-2006, 12:11 AM   #116
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I thought I ought to let everyone know that tomorrow I will most definitely not be around before the deadline, as I'm working all day starting in the morning. (I'm CST, therefore the deadline happens at 1:30 PM my time.) But this isn't going to matter as much as I thought it would at the beginning of today, because I hadn't expected to be so sure of who to vote for before going to bed tonight. I may still check up on things before leaving for work tomorrow morning, but am highly doubtful I'll find reason to change my vote, so maybe I'll nab a few extra winks instead. At any rate, don't expect to see me till the start of the next Day, as when I get home from work it will be in the middle of the "Night".

Of course, I'll be thinking of nothing else the whole time I'm at work, so it's going to be an excruciating day. And I already so despise working on Saturdays... oh well!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:58 AM   #117
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I was killed? I hate you wolves, I hate you with a passion.
Why could you not let me live so that the villagers could make random theories about me being a wolf and voting for Fea because I'd figure it would keep one of us safe? But no, you just had to go ahead and execute me. >_>

Don't mind me, I just really wanted to play and now I'm dead but oh well, I killed a wolf and said some really awesome stuff... so... YAY! ^_^
Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #118
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Listen!!!

I want to make it clear - though I am frankly insulted that this question has been raised - that neither the content or timing of my posts should be taken as significant.

The reason my post yesterday was that time was because AS I POSTED it was the only time I could post. I have car problems and that means that moderating this thread is giving me problems since I do not have internet access at home. At the moment I should be buying a new battery for the "good" car rather than hoping my old banger will get me home.

I states in my firswt post on this thread how I felt about private communication.

The anagrams were a reference to Kuruharan's alter ego's crossword addiction. The clumsy anagram of second wolf was my own. THe other two were from saturday's telegraph.

Any more of this nonsense and I will halt the game.

Do I make myself clear?

Old 03-20-2006, 12:07 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
The anagrams were a reference to Kuruharan's alter ego's crossword addiction. The clumsy anagram of second wolf was my own. THe other two were from saturday's telegraph.

Any more of this nonsense and I will halt the game.

Do I make myself clear?
You most assuredly do.

And sorry I asked about the possible meaning about your crosswords etc. at the thread. I just thought to ask the others, whether there could be something in them or not (which latter I was inclined to believe by the anagram), as I didn't have a clue about those kinds of things being meaningful or -less in an average WWJ-game, not to talk of this one specifically...
Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #120
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

If you had any idea how hard it is not to give stuff out unwittingly..... I would never do so deliberately because it wouldn't be fair.