The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #1161
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Speaking of which, I'm going to see who have suspected me toDay (and possibly yesterDay) and then I'll draw a conclusion or two... Beware.
Wait...are you saying that anyone who finds you suspicious is suddenly suspicious themselves?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #1162
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Huh, I just realised, didn't vote!

++NILP
Old 06-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #1163
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Wait...are you saying that anyone who finds you suspicious is suddenly suspicious themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by me, smileys removed, underlining added
I really don't understand what you all have against me... Seriously, it's baffling. I'm innocent and I don't think I have acted any differently from how I normally act. Usually people suspect me to some degree, yes, but not this much. (It has been a while since I was last lynched when I was innocent.) So, I'm quite confident that not everybody who suspects me really suspects me, but there are some wolves hiding in the crowd, as I seem to have become the "official suspicious person" everybody has to be suspicious of. Which ones are the pretenders or the go-alongs then? No idea. I'm tempted to look at everybody who has expressed suspicion of me because I'm quite sure there'll be a wolf or two among the sheep. (See? Not a that good idea to flow along the current. You get what you deserve: a proper inspection. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by me, underlining added
Anyway, what I wanted to interefere with in this statement is that suspecting me is not suspicious per se, but when half of the village is doing it - with very weak grounds as far as I can see - it is suspicious.
It's quite clearly out there, Brinn - so why are you making such a show it/ deliberately ignore it? I don't like it... maybe you have got some extra hair to hide?

edit: xed with Kath
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #1164
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
If you had scried him instead, you would have won.
It would be kind of boring to win this early. These villagers want to have some WW fun before the end!
Quote:
And what if I kill your seer for a third time, eh?
Then it would be the third time you had unintentionally killed my Seer.

Volo- you knew nothing.

Di- if you had thought she was the Seer you would've scried her rather than killed her.

And I chose not to protect either one, cause I knew I'd get to make another one the next night.

And they both got their dreams in before they died. Haven't missed a nightly dream yet. And the dreams have been rather useful, don't you think?

So really, it wasn't a big deal Mommy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Then there's the Rikae problem. Is she really the EW?
Yes.

I've known it for quite a while.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #1165
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yes Lommy, but just because a lot of people suspect you, it doesn't mean there isn't a good reason behind it. You may see it as "weak grounds," but others don't. And anyways, I have a good reason to comment because the last time someone questioned me for suspecting them, they turned out to be a wolf...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #1166
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Then it would be the third time you had unintentionally killed my Seer.
Hardly, I knew Di was the seer, I scried for a new wolf. ToNight I would love to kill your new seer and force you to leave the village seerless or give me another night!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #1167
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
It would be kind of boring to win this early. These villagers want to have some WW fun before the end!
You edited this - tsk tsk!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #1168
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Yes Lommy, but just because a lot of people suspect you, it doesn't mean there isn't a good reason behind it. You may see it as "weak grounds," but others don't. And anyways, I have a good reason to comment because the last time someone questioned me for suspecting them, they turned out to be a wolf...
If there's a good reason, please point it out to me. I can't see such.

Besides, many of you aren't giving almost any grounds at all. (I give you the credit that you have at least raised a few actual points against me.) How on earth am I supposed to prove my innocence if no one gives a reason why they suspect me, or if their reasons are silly or irrational?

I just can't see why you all suspect me. Some of you say that there's a different feel to me and that's all you say - but what can I reply to that? It is the thing that makes me most baffled, because there should be no different feel to me as I have not changed my playing style and I'm not a wolf. So, do some of you have an over-active imagination, do you misjudge me or are you wolves (or innocents ) surfing on the current tide of suspicion in order to look better? That's what I'm trying to find out...

And as for questioning someone's suspicion for oneself should be a basic human right, not a mark of wolvish behaviour....
Old 06-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #1169
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Actually, I agree with you wholeheartedly on being tired of this game. It's ceased to be fun for me (actually, it ceased to be fun as soon as it started, since I knew perfectly well I would be among the first dreamt/scried no matter what I did). I would concede, or drop out, if I could. I believe you've pretty much seen to it that it hasn't been fun for anyone else toDay, either.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #1170
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

Besides, many of you aren't giving almost any grounds at all. (I give you the credit that you have at least raised a few actual points against me.) How on earth am I supposed to prove my innocence if no one gives a reason why they suspect me, or if their reasons are silly or irrational?

I just can't see why you all suspect me. Some of you say that there's a different feel to me and that's all you say - but what can I reply to that? It is the thing that makes me most baffled, because there should be no different feel to me as I have not changed my playing style and I'm not a wolf. So, do some of you have an over-active imagination, do you misjudge me or are you wolves (or innocents ) surfing on the current tide of suspicion in order to look better? That's what I'm trying to find out...

And as for questioning someone's suspicion for oneself should be a basic human right, not a mark of wolvish behaviour....
Lommy my concern is your use of punctuation...definately wolfish, not to mention you smiley or not so smiley faces.

Seriously though, part of the reason I suspect you is your insatiable desire to continually 'prove' your innocence. I've played many games with you and often times find you suspicious but this time I find you suspicious for different reasons. You do have a different vibe to you almost as if you changed roles...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #1171
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Actually, I agree with you wholeheartedly on being tired of this game. It's ceased to be fun for me (actually, it ceased to be fun as soon as it started, since I knew perfectly well I would be among the first dreamt/scried no matter what I did). I would concede, or drop out, if I could. I believe you've pretty much seen to it that it hasn't been fun for anyone else toDay, either.
I'm rather enjoying it so I feel sorry you aren't.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #1172
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I knew perfectly well I would be among the first dreamt/scried no matter what I did
Are you saying you're not the EW now?

edit: x-ed with 2x morm
Old 06-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #1173
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok, here's why I think Lommy is a wolf.

There are players I have difficulty getting a 'feel' for. Kath, for example, and Durelin (although having said that I did spot wolf-Durelin last time I played).
But I do think I have a handle on Lommy, as it were, and every time I've played with Lommy before I've trusted her, and every time she's been innocent. (I think!)

But this time she feels all wrong. Her participation in the debate yesterday for example: the confusion seemed fabricated, as did the refusing to acknowledge that Rikae might be the EW.
Her last post "don't scry me please" yesterday sounded like a bid to make the GW think she (Lommy) was the EW rather than Rikae.
And the whole Aganzir/Lommy routine reminded me of Roa/Valier in the last DW.

There's some hard evidence there but it's mostly instinct and thus not as convincing to the rest of you as it could be. And of course I could be quite wrong. But there you have it.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #1174
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oi! You wizards! Play nice!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #1175
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Oi! You wizards! Play nice!

Yeah! You tell them!

Owww! That hurt!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #1176
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Alright.

Lalaith - flies straight to the over-active imagination or (either deliberately or accidentally) misjudging me category.

morm - First off, thanks for explaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Seriously though, part of the reason I suspect you is your insatiable desire to continually 'prove' your innocence. I've played many games with you and often times find you suspicious but this time I find you suspicious for different reasons. You do have a different vibe to you almost as if you changed roles...
Care to elaborate/ give example? I don't get what you mean by this.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #1177
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:

Besides, many of you aren't giving almost any grounds at all.
I thought I already pointed out my reasons earlier toDay. Though I should also mention, your very defensive nature and that you keep saying "I don't understand why everyone finds me suspicious!" is odd in itself. If those aren't good enough reasons for you, I'm sorry.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #1178
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Yeah! You tell them!

Owww! That hurt!
I second (or is it third? Heh I don't know. anyway....) Play nice children.

And by the way, I think you (Rikae) and Mac have been having a streak of bad luck. I remember another game where you were a wolf and....well, the poor fellow. But all's fair in love and Werewolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Perhaps Nog might clarify but I don't really see that we should be talking to dead people about the game it really does affect the integrity of the whole thing.
Clarification: Di was going to text me with the lynch since I won't be around at Day's end, nothing more. But since it's pretty obvious who's dying, she pretty much won't need to. I'd tell her via IM, but she wasn't on at the time.

I've still had fun, although since so much is out in the open now, it kind of kills it. No offense, but I'll be kind of happy when the wizards are dead and we get to do things ourselves. *violent Sally is not at all violent, oh no, not me*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #1179
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Suspected me toDay

Legate

Quote:
I can't say that Lommy's posts early toDay carry on with the generally rather unpleasant view on her, but whatever.
Quote:
RED ZONE:
Thinlómien - I said that all before many times. My view of the story: From the beginning an ordo, later scried for a wolf, now still seeming to be undecisive about things, TOO skeptical (again, cf. above) for her skepticism to be actually honest! She may be skeptic, but heck, there is a limit!!!
Did suspect me yesterDay.

conclusion: Obviously hopelessly misjudging my actions, but I don't think he does it in a particularly wolvish way.

morm

Quote:
Thinlómien --Like always I think she's evil but I don't have any real good reason to think this.
Quote:
Anyway, overall Lal, Lommy and Shasta are my top suspects (excluding Rikae, but I think I know where tp may be going with this.)
Quote:
I hope phantom gives us some more direction but I'm glad we have Nilp and thinned the numbers a bit. I still think Lommy, Lal, and now Greenie are worthy of looking at more closely.
Quote:
Lommy my concern is your use of punctuation...definately wolfish, not to mention you smiley or not so smiley faces.

Did suspect me yesterDay.

conclusion: I will withhold judgement until I see his explanation to that proving innocence thing.

sally

Quote:
Lommy Mommy: I can't shake the feeling that she's a wolf. Other than her behavior with the whole Phantom/Rikae/Di/Legate thing yesterday, she seems innocent, so I'm hoping it was just a flurry of confusion. Surprisingly, I would vote her, but only if she was against someone I thought extremely innocent. (64)
Did suspect me yesterDay, but only very late when quite many people had first suspected me.

conclusion: kind of flip-flopping and going with the flow, not good. On the other hand, I don't think she was a wolf yesterDay, so I don't know why did she kind of lighten her suspicion of me toDay if she was cursed last Night. Maybe to try to gain an ally/ not get me against her? A rather odd choice, given the current situation. Something I need to think about...

Gwathagor

Quote:
Thinlómien - 6[1 innocent, 10 guilty]
Questioned me yesterDay.

conclusion: little to go on, but definitely fishy. Flowing like a fish (or a wolf?) along the stream.

Lalaith

Quote:
I will say this though, I still feel really uncomfortable about Lommy from yesterday.
Quote:
Worried, worried, whoo!:
Lommy
Quote:
Ok, here's why I think Lommy is a wolf.

There are players I have difficulty getting a 'feel' for. Kath, for example, and Durelin (although having said that I did spot wolf-Durelin last time I played).
But I do think I have a handle on Lommy, as it were, and every time I've played with Lommy before I've trusted her, and every time she's been innocent. (I think!)

But this time she feels all wrong. Her participation in the debate yesterday for example: the confusion seemed fabricated, as did the refusing to acknowledge that Rikae might be the EW.
Her last post "don't scry me please" yesterday sounded like a bid to make the GW think she (Lommy) was the EW rather than Rikae.
And the whole Aganzir/Lommy routine reminded me of Roa/Valier in the last DW.

There's some hard evidence there but it's mostly instinct and thus not as convincing to the rest of you as it could be. And of course I could be quite wrong. But there you have it.
Suspected me yesterDay.

conclusion: I'm grudging to admit this, but she looks quite innocent. Or then she's a wolf who has chosen a target early on.

Brinn

Quote:
Lommy: Umm...I don't want to flood this post with tons of quotes, but there are tons of her's that stick out to be. I want to make a more detailed analysis of her later. Let's just say for now it's not looking good...

Quote:
Suspicious: Lommy
Quote:
Suspected me yesterDay.

conclusion: I think she's too enthusiastic to lynch me. Looks quite wolfy solely based on this.

Durelin

Quote:
Thinlómien – I really have no idea. I rather thought she was a wolf before everyone (well, a number of people) started to suspect her. I think Greenie makes a good point about her. She’s lost the smoothness I saw in the first couple Days, which was what really freaked me out (anytime the majority of the village seems to want to go along with her, it alarms me). Her confusion may have been played up, but you can make arguments against people who go along with things too easily, too. And I believe some already have.
Questioned me yesterDay.

conclusion: sounds sincere enough, but there's a chance she's a wolf.

Eönwë

Quote:
Slightly less innocent (maybe becoming a bit furry):
Thinlómien
Quote:
But Lommy keeps on trying to get people not to look at her as suspicious, or otherwise that makes them look suspicious. She's just masking her scent... (or is she the one who can tell people by their scent?)
Did not suspect me yesterDay.

conclusion: definitely eyebrow-raising worthy behaviour, but could be newbieishness as well as wolfyness.

Celuien

Quote:
Slightly less suspicious:
Lommy - something felt funny about her reactions to the events yesterday, as pointed out by others. I have nothing to add to those comments.
Did not suspect me yesterDay.

conclusion: suspicious. Riding on the wave.

Summa summarum:

probably just misjudging innocents:
Legate
Durelin
Lalaith

could be either:
Eönwë
morm
sally

could very well be wolves:
Celuien
Brinn
Gwath

edit: xed with Brinn and sally
Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #1180
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Ok, my vote is obvious

++Nilpaurion Felagund

edit: Go Da Bandwaggon! *looks at tp sideways*

x-ed with Sally onwards
Old 06-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #1181
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:

morm - First off, thanks for explaining. Care to elaborate/ give example? I don't get what you mean by this.
I've decided to switch off my targetting computer, as it were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
Use the Force, Morm. Let go, Morm. Morm, trust me.
No other explination than the general feel and that, at least from me, is something you will have to live with and honestly you are not gaining points in my mind. If I were the seer I would dream of you or Lal.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #1182
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Ok, my vote is obvious

++Nilpaurion Felagund

edit: Go Da Bandwaggon! *looks at tp sideways*

x-ed with Sally onwards
Sad part is, we know that the wolves are just going to pop right on in along with us.

Best we can do though. Need to catch the wolves one way or another.

EDIT: x'd with master morm, who is happily more talkative today (or I'm just paying him more attention than usual)
Old 06-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #1183
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Eon:
Not that it matters, but did you add the little "looking at phantom" thing? Or did I just not see it? Because I swear, when I quoted your post I didn't see it on there.

Maybe I'm just going crazy....

EDIT: To avoid triple post. Battery dying, so I'm out. Sleep tight everyone!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1184
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Though I should also mention, your very defensive nature and that you keep saying "I don't understand why everyone finds me suspicious!" is odd in itself. If those aren't good enough reasons for you, I'm sorry.
You ought to be sorry. I'm defensive because I see there's a lot of suspicion against me and I do not plan to spend whole toMorrow debating about my innocence or the lack of it, so I'm hoping to get some of that done toDay. It seems it's not helping. And I would not repeat my statement of not understanding/ being baffled if you guys weren't bringing it up. And besides, the thing I'm mostly thinking about right now is why on earth you all suspect me and does that makes you wolves and if yes, who. May very well be a waste of time but as it's so silent otherwise and people keep bringing odd/silly/feeling-based (ie odd since they should not be having those feelings) points against me.

I'm willing to move to any other topic but a lot of discussion just seems to be revolving around me (partly my fault, I know), so I prefer to take part in it, not just stand by.

edit: xed with everybody since my last post
Old 06-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #1185
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
I'm willing to move to any other topic but a lot of discussion just seems to be revolving around me (partly my fault, I know), so I prefer to take part in it, not just stand by.

Partly your fault? I dare say almost wholly your fault. By no means are you a serious lynch candidate today and yet you insist on proclaiming your innocence. You act as though tomorrow you will be the center of discussion which lends itself well to my thought that you are feeling a bit edgy right now. You wolves got a bit overly confident and now you are seeing the village make a good run. You are losing another of your mates tonight and your precious EW will be dead soon enough and we will have a seer to boot! I would say you are not in a pretty spot and you are feeling the heat.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #1186
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

[QUOTE=satansaloser2005;558907]Sad part is, we know that the wolves are just going to pop right on in along with us./QUOTE]
Are you calling me a wolf? Quoting me like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Eon:
Not that it matters, but did you add the little "looking at phantom" thing? Or did I just not see it? Because I swear, when I quoted your post I didn't see it on there.
no is the simple answer

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-09-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #1187
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Sad part is, we know that the wolves are just going to pop right on in along with us.

Best we can do though. Need to catch the wolves one way or another.
I'm pretty sure that's why phantom wanted us to post summaries before revealing Nilp (as well as to see what we thought of him before we knew he was a wolf). Once revealed, people can just pop in and vote Nilp, then leave without sharing anymore thoughts...as some have already done.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #1188
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Are you calling me a wolf? Quoting me like that!

no is the simple answer

K good. I AM going crazy. Thanks for the confirmation.

Maybe....*shifty eyes* Not really. Notice how I said "us," brother dear.

EDIT: X'd with Brinn. And a practically dead battery.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #1189
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
could be newbieishness
Well, I just hope I get better.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #1190
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok, morm remains in the could be either category. But that lack of explanation was slightly suspicious, it looked like you had no reason to say it in the first place.

edit: xed once again, with everybody
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #1191
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Ok, morm remains in the could be either category. But that lack of explanation was slightly suspicious, it looked like you had no reason to say it in the first place.
Truth is Lommy, you will never agree that any reason given would be sufficient, but I find my reasons sufficient and that is what matters to me, now if I could just find that bagel.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #1192
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa, I don't see how that is considered correcting yourself. When it seems to be, it is being corrected with most likely incorrect information. I still say there are only three wolves right now - not four.
In response to why I voted you - the first day, as I said it was part random/suspicion. Out of the people whom stuck out most in my head, I felt comfortable in voting for you. I do believe I answered this question pages and pages ago, when Brin had wondered about it.
The second day - it was either between you or phantom, you'd both been arguing against each other for two Days in a row. I didn't think it wise to let it alone and see if you'd work it out between yourselves. It was too much distraction for the villag

Ohkay.. this is mostly based upon yesterDay.

Greenie: I think she innocentish, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was a wolf.

Shasta: I would like to think him innocent, as he sometimes makes good points; though he does seem to have quite a number of joking/banter posts. Though again, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a furry creature whispering in his ear at night.

Lommy: Furry. She makes good points, however she did quite the waffling act yesterDay. It seemed she went from Rikae's side to the phantom/Diamond side.. slowly and reluctantly throughout the course of the Day. It gave me the feel of someone abandoning a fool-sinking ship, but trying to keep their dignity along with it.

Nilp: He has said some odd things, and until he pretty much revealed himself as having fur; I wouldn't know what to say.

Eonwe: In the I don't know realm.

Kath: Again, in the I don't know realm.

Sally: She seems innocent enough to me, though there is quite a lot of silliness. I think there is more of that, than there are of actual suspicions and directly related ww discussion.

Rikae: She is up to causing as much trouble as she can, which is fun to watch.

phantom: I find his actions suspicious. How he decides to pull his strings is annoying.

Lhuna: Realm of I am not sure.

Durelin: I would like to think innocent.

Roa: Furry. She makes good points, but she tends to contradict herself a bit, or atleast hold double standards. In the span of six posts yesterDay, she went from 'not convinced' to 'convinced'. She seemed to expect others to consider all of the possiblities, yet did not seem to do the same herself.

Brin: I think she innocent with maybe a wolf gene lying dormant.

Legate: I think he is a mutated wolf-innocent. Half his body is wolf, the other is villager. He has some good points, though him trying to "save" Ag in the beginning still bothers me. Though he did have some good comments yesterDay.

Lalaith: Up until the later end of yesterDay, it seemed she was asking Roa a whole lot of questions concerning what the EW would do. The EW seemed to be more of the focus, rather than anything else. Though I do feel a bit better about her toDay.

Morm: He does some odd things. I think innocent, but if turned out furry - I wouldn't be surprised.

Celuien: No idea.

Gwath: His actions can be questionable at times, but I think his intentions are there. Whether good or not, I'm leaning towards innocent.

McCaber: His voting pattern is highly questionable. Other than that, meh.

Granted, that my initial read-through of pages 20-24, I'd been clouded with the knowledge of knowing about the reveals and Cailin's wolfness.

X'd since Lalaith's #1174.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #1193
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
By no means are you a serious lynch candidate today and yet you insist on proclaiming your innocence.
I already explained that I intend to dedicate time to wolf-hunting toMorrow, not just to defending myself so I'm doing some of that now so that I wouldn't have to do it toMorrow...

Quote:
You act as though tomorrow you will be the center of discussion
Unless tp and his seer find out any wolves, I do guess I will be, since so many are suspecting me now. (That is of course unless tp has found out my role and decides to share it with you before he duels.)

Quote:
which lends itself well to my thought that you are feeling a bit edgy right now.
Edgy? Not actually. I'm not worried about dying. Of course I'd prefer to live, but it's not horrible if I die. We can afford lynching an ordo toMorrow or they Day after it. I'm just (here we go again Brinn ) mystified by the incomprehensible amount of suspicion against me and somewhat annoyed by the level of argumentation against me (wolves best hide when lousy argumentation is around and we can't win this game if everybody's brain is asleep) and by the fact that those who suspect me don't take my arguments seriously.

I must admit my annoyance and retaliatory suspicion might be a little stupid and partly ill-based, since it's perfectly okay, acceptable and normal to suspect people based on minor reasons and gut-feelings. However, if the gut-feelings of guilt are of an innocent me, the initial reaction to me is that there's something wrong with it. (As there might very well be.)
Quote:
You wolves got a bit overly confident and now you are seeing the village make a good run. You are losing another of your mates tonight and your precious EW will be dead soon enough and we will have a seer to boot! I would say you are not in a pretty spot and you are feeling the heat.
My feelings have absolutely nothing to do with those of the wolves. I'm not really worried, like I said, we can afford losing an ordinary villager, even if it's someone as smart as I am. And as for the wolves - I pity them, I truly do. If this game continues this way, it's hardly nice for them... (or for us, for that matter. I mean, it's nice that GW and seer find wolves but it makes the ordos feel a little useless. Well, we'll - sadly - eventually get rid of our GW and probably the seer to, so I guess there will be time when wits are sorely needed again...)

edit: xed with morm & Izzie
Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #1194
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Anyway people, bear in mind that we are now (discounting the 2 known evils Rikae and Nilp, and 1 known goodie Phantom) 17 villagers, of which only two are wolves.
In other words, 15 against two, pretty good odds.
If Rikae manages to create another wolf tonight, that's stil 14 against three.

I think Nilp was an original wolf (trusted lieutenant, eh?) and Cailin a newer wolf. So I think our remaining wolves are one original and one new.

If Rikae does manage to get another wolf tonight, then there will be a wolf posting tomorrow who has been innocent up until now. It's worth bearing in mind when wolf-hunting.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #1195
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

All I can say is- at least we're not gulping down pages as fast as before (25 in 3 days)

I can't wait to see the nitpickers and werewolves misquote me on this.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #1196
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, Izzie joined the club, quite sneakily. Straight to the "suspicious" actegory. I'm beginning to enjoy this. I just hope you can value it when you've lynched me and found out I'm innocent.

morm - thanks for saying that, there's more than a little reason in that. I know I'm innocent and therefore I can't consider any argument that contradicts it as truthful or good. Okay, I'll stop complaining about the level of your arguments (unless there's something totally outrageous). But don't expect me to stop complaining about the amount of suspicion against me, I still think it's alarming.

edit: xed with Lalaith and Eönwë - and I'm now handing this keyboard to Greenie. I will probably be back sometime late, but I'm not sure.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #1197
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yes well, enjoying this type of Waffle is o.O.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #1198
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Roa: Furry. She makes good points, but she tends to contradict herself a bit, or atleast hold double standards. In the span of six posts yesterDay, she went from 'not convinced' to 'convinced'. She seemed to expect others to consider all of the possiblities, yet did not seem to do the same herself.
Oh, yeah. I've always had an odd feeling about her (since the beginning of this game).

edit: when you post here, you alwayd x. So why bother write who with? You'll only miss the next 10 posts.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #1199
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
phantom: I find his actions suspicious
Izzy: Rikae says phantom is the GW. Phantom says he is the GW. Are you saying you think he might not be?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #1200
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Last minute check in. I'll have to be leaving shortly.

Durelin, I share the sentiments about lists and phantom.

Quote:
We can't all be Roas when it comes to analysing...
That gave me warm fuzzies.

Quote:
As for Rikae, I think she's saying she's the EW to make us think that she's actually a wolf and lynch her. I bow low before her if she's really a wolf (who is trple or four-fold bluffing?), because that would be quite genious.
I've been thinking she was pressing that rather hard as well.

Quote:
Surely that's not that bad? It simply means it's easier for us to guess whom she has picked.
Depends on how long that list is- she can only turn so many.

Morm is bugging me, alot. (Not in an annoying manner, but more in a "something's up" manner.) He keeps saying that certain people are suspicious, and yet never says why (not only Lommy). It makes me wonder if he's avoiding giving his reasons so that he can avoid committing to an opinion. Or perhaps he's not very good at manufacturing suspicion, and so is avoiding trying. Stop acting so sneaky and give a reason, morm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
Here's why Roa worries me:

I know her to be an extremely strong and loyal team player. When I was the Seer and was in trouble, in the Werepenguins game, she stood over me like an anxious Valkyrie. Her performance yesterday, after Rikae ran off, reminded a bit of that. She stayed around, she seemed to be joining the debate, but basically I got the feeling she was trying to prove that Rikae was telling the truth. Like a loyal press secretary, left in the lurch by her CEO at an Enron press conference.

I don't know, maybe I was imagining it, but that's what it felt like.
Firstly, thank you for the wonderful comparison to a Valkyrie. It really made my day. Secondly, as I responded to Izzie, I was one of the first people to doubt Rikae. I never suggested we should believe her. It was more that I was going against phantom than for Rikae. Because I didn't trust him. Even now, I'm really dragging my feet about him. Nilp is obviously evil. Phantom seems quite confidant in his position. Just something about his behavior irks me. I didn't trust Rikae, but I didn't trust phantom more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
And also suspicious for initially trusting evil-Rikae's GW impersonation yesterday.
Is anyone even really reading my posts from yesterDay? I NEVER put my trust in Rikae. I was one of the first to question her. Yes, I voted Legate, and I clearly explained why, which had nothing to do with trusting Rikae, but everything to do with testing her. Who started this idea?

Brin, I was trying to come up with all of the possibilities, because too many people were just making assumptions. I was also expressing doubt in a way that might coax her into an answer. Since no onne had yet contradicted her, I had very little reason to doubt, but a lot of reason to wonder and be confused. Questions that appear open garner more with more info than direct "I don't trust you" statements. And I was also driven by the fact that phantom, whom I had been suspicious of since Day 1, was dead set against her, with what looked to me to be the flimsy reasoning of a supposed connection that we couldn't be sure existed.

Eonwe, just ignore Rikae. She's trying to confuse/bait us.

Isabelkya: Yet you only discussed phantom on both Day 1 and 2. And yes, I can start out unconvinced of something before I am convinced. I certainly can't be convinced right away, that would be silly. But what exactly was I convinced about, and can you show me where? Or are you just going along with general and flawed consensus that I trusted Rikae... well, ever?

Lal: Someone we clearly know is evil is saying something about someone else, and you believe her?

Okay back to the classroom!

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote