The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #1281
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I communicated with Celuien and Nilp on Night 4. And we were such a good team...
Well, that clinches it. Just when I thought I could pull off some bluffing.

Yes. Yes, we were a good team.

function.chaos()

<!-- channeling Nilp --//

I'm a wolf! Lynch me! Wheeee!

Shut up, you'll get us killed...

Already going to happen!

//close channeling -->

See you later, darlings, with some revelations! I know who the last wolf is! And I'm not telling... or am I? Bwahahahaha.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #1282
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wow, there really isn't that much to say. Remember the "good old days" of this thread, when there were so many posts you couldn't read them at one time?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #1283
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Celuien

These confessing wolves start to be pretty boring, eh?

A thought. Tp probably knows a bunch of ordos. Would it make sense that he'd reveal them to us before he goes? We could remove those couple of people from our suspicion lists but on the other hand, the remaining wolf would have a handy short-list for killing. There are both sides in this issue, but I'm inclined to prefer tp giving us the names, because as long as we have ranger, she has a bigger cahnce to make a save is she can guess who the wolf is going to kill and if we have more than just one known innocent, the kill does reveal something (unlike normal known innocent kills): we can always speculate why the very person in question was killed, why not some/the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Anyway, on a more serious note, I think Lommy has changed her tone. I always find it interesting how some will change style based upon what others have stated. I feel that her behavior is trying to counter what I said about her yesterday.
Unlike Greenie, I probably know what you mean. Less defensive then late yesterDay, am I? Well, there is quite a simple reason: no one has been accusing me this far toDay. But I don't understand what that has to do with your words about me yesterDay, all you really said was that "proving innocence" thing I did not understand and you refused to explain...

I think morm's arguments are a bit hastily-constructed and thus suspicious, but I wouldn't go as far as to suggest that he's the last wolf. (He could be, though.)

Now... let's hunt some wolf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Hm, and apologies to Lommy. If you were innocent all the time
Haha, apology accepted. But I wouldn't mix apologies with ww...not really needed and can get you lynched, you know...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #1284
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Blimey....I was expecting a great flood when I got home and I find a trickle.

Quote:
These confessing wolves start to be pretty boring
I know what you mean, it's starting to feel like an AA meeting.
"My name is Celuien/Nilp/Rikae and I am a very evil person"

Right-ho.
++Celeuien

So it looks like I was wrong about Lommy being wolfy before, in that we've now got rid of everything but the new wolf. Sorry Lommy. I expect you're so cross you expect me to call you you Thinlomien now.
And I don't think you're the new wolf either. You were under too much suspicion yesterday. Not only have I lost my superpowers, I've been totally off on two counts this game, thinking Cel was innocent and Lommy so very furry. Gah. Oh well, at least Durelin was on my list of suspects. (I can't claim Rikae and Cailin as we knew about them already when I made my list)
Old 06-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #1285
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

+ + Celuien

How interesting. Cel was also on my scry list of four along with Durelin. So was Izzy, the kill choice of the WWs. Rikae and I have had eerily similar thinking throughout this game.

All right then. If Cel proves to be a WW then we'll be down to one.

Yes, yes... I should definitely challenge.

Lommy- I only know two innocents. One is Durelin, and the other is the Ranger. And I'm not telling that.

There are two people that I know used to be innocent, but there is no guarantee that they are now. One is Lal, obviously- the former Hunter.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #1286
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Lommy- I only know two innocents. One is Durelin, and the other is the Ranger. And I'm not telling that.

There are two people that I know used to be innocent, but there is no guarantee that they are now. One is Lal, obviously- the former Hunter.
Oh, I had forgotten that the those who have been dreamt of can be turned evil later. Silly me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Sorry Lommy. I expect you're so cross you expect me to call you you Thinlomien now.
*whispers* I actually enjoy being suspected and accused (not getting lynched, though). Anyway, I wouldn't be too sure if I were you: I could have been cursed last Night, if Rikae wanted to be extra cunning and take a big risk.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 AM   #1287
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I just wanted to apologize to Noggie and all the players fro not providing a good game. I really shouldn't have applied to be a wizard - I overestimated my abilities.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #1288
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I think the only problem you had, Rikae, was the thing that caused me problems. We both were making very similar choices.

We both thought of Cai, Nilp, Lal, Cel, and Dur for WWs. That's downright scary to be that similar.

And then between you and your WW's daytime behavior you managed to out three members of the good team, killed three and changed one.

I had plans to leave the village with three gifteds. You had plans to leave the village with lots of WWs. Neither of us could pull it off.

And your final WW still could go the distance. One has done it alone before I know.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #1289
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
++ Celuien

(Did I promise to come back with ideas? If so, I'll have to disappoint you, for I have none. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I just wanted to apologize to Noggie and all the players fro not providing a good game. I really shouldn't have applied to be a wizard - I overestimated my abilities.
Nonsense, dear daughter-in-law, absolute nonsense.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #1290
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
These confessing wolves start to be pretty boring, eh?
Boring? Hmmph. I'm offended. Wasn't that Nilp channel entertaining, at least?

If I give everyone a lifetime supply of candles and cheese (mmm... cheese), can I stay? Please? I won't snack on any villagers tonight... unless I'm really hungry.

By the way, Shasta is the last wolf. Seriously. I'm only telling you because I know you won't believe me... and then victory will be ours because you'll never lynch someone I tell you is a wolf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I'm determined to be the first unanimous lynchee in Werewolf history
Sorry, but I'm equally determined to beat you to being the first unanimous lynchee. Besides, you have to win the game for us, so you can't be lynched at all. So there.

++ Celuien

Hey, Nilp imitation is fun.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #1291
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
not providing a good game
Hey. Saturday was an absolute hoot. Honestly.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #1292
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
On the contrary, you were excellent. At the very least, you were amusing to read once you'd been outted. Nicely done, sweetie. If you weren't bad, I'd be sad to see you go.

Oh, you want me to vote? Why ever for?

++Cel

I'll most likely be gone for the rest of the Day, so Wizards, make the challenge fun! Nice playing with both of you. And for the rest of you, I'll (hopefully) see you toMorrow.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #1293
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh yes, my vote (in case you hadn't guessed):

++Celuien
Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #1294
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well, alright.

++CELUIEN

Yeah, if there's a Seer as of toNight I think the Wizards disappearing might be good. Rikae doesn't appear to be having a good time and it is getting a little dull having nothing to do other than turn up and all vote for one person.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #1295
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Rikae

Celuien's going to be lynched anyway, and I don't want it to be unanimous. THAT'S for revealing me! How could you!

(incaseyoucouldn'ttellthisissarcasm)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #1296
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This has been an awesome game! (Really awesome until I received that accursed PM telling me I'd been 'de-wolfed'!) You're genius, Rikae. You've taken out two seers, a ranger, and de-gifted a hunter. Without being scried and revealing yourself, you would have skated by unnoticed for however long you wished. You had a plan to reveal the GW without wasting a scry, and it worked, even though the goodies tried to keep things under wraps.

Thinking the same way, picking the same people was a problem. And of course it has come out on the GW's side because the GW basically has two ways to find out people's roles - scrying and their Seer. The EW has to be vastly different or much luckier than the GW to completely devestate the village.

If I hadn't gotten scryed, even with a Seer, I was confident we would do well. We had this. But I was worried about getting scried. I rather wished not everyone seemed to like me so much, but I wasn't really trying to make sure people liked me. I was mostly playing how I felt.

I was very very very tempted to just be a cobbler, because I think the baddies deserve to win more. They've been the ones competing, the goodies have just been lucky and had things handed to them. I considered telling you that yeah, you're right, Lommy is a wolf, but I didn't know if Lommy would ever forgive me for that, and...you're right, I'm just an ordinary villager now.

But anyway, it's not over yet! So shush!

Oh Cel, you're amazing.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #1297
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Goodbye everyone. I'm preparing to challenge.

Good luck!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #1298
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
They've been the ones competing, the goodies have just been lucky and had things handed to them.
I think not. My scries and dreams were just as intentional as your scries and kills.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #1299
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++the phantom

for being too chicken to give us both one more night and make the game more interesting.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #1300
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Anyways now that I've doubted Durelin, I'm sure Celuien's gonna come out of nowhere and say, "Mwhaha, I'm a wolf. Lynch me!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I'm a wolf! Lynch me! Wheeee!
See? Seee?

++Celuien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I was very very very tempted to just be a cobbler, because I think the baddies deserve to win more.
Well at least now I know my thought that you could be playing cobbler isn't totally out there...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #1301
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Seriously, I can't imagine it'll be that much fun for the remaining people with one wolf and a ranger running around directionless... it would be more fun to watch with more roles (on both sides).
Old 06-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #1302
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Let's just each choose an additional minion and duel at dawn.

*slaps tp with a glove*
Old 06-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #1303
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I think not, mother. This ends today.

You might create another WW during the Night and kill my Seer or Ranger.

Or perhaps I will create a Seer, you will ungift my Ranger, and I will dream of the last WW.

Things could go very well or very poorly. There's no way to know. But what I do know is that the village will probably be crazier and more talkative tomorrow if we were to exit it today.

And I also know that I'd be able to catch up on work and sleep. Being a Wizard is tiring. Here comes the challenge...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #1304
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The EW and her WWs killed two villagers to begin, and lynched an innocent. And then they killed the Seer.

The GW countered by dreaming of a WW and lynching her.

The EW responded by killing the new Seer.

The GW lynched another WW.

The EW ungifted the Hunter.

The GW uncursed a WW.

Back and forth went the battle, and each wizard grew frustrated. And when the identities were revealed, it all became clear.

"I should have known it was mother!" said the phantom. "I knew I had to have this magical gift from somewhere. What a pity that she is evil."

"Tis my own son foiling me!" said Rikae. "What a waste of talent! Were he willing to be evil I could help train him to his full potential."

But there would be no compromise between the two. The mother wanted destruction, the son wanted life. And so with a heavy heart, the son stood forth to challenge his mother- to end the madness once and for all, though it would likely mean the death of them both.

Rikae! Let us duel!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #1305
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Don't be silly, Rikae. You've done the legacy justice. I was never able to spot gifted the way you did this game. Seers are the evil team's worst nightmare, because you can't really talk your way out of a dream.

Quote:
++Rikae

Celuien's going to be lynched anyway, and I don't want it to be unanimous.
Ha! Take that Celuien! The title will be mine!!!!!

So the past few days have been a tad silly, with there being so little to debate. I'd like to remind the village (especially Morm, who keeps bringing up previous behavior before toDay) that the last werewolf was just scried last Night. Besides Rikae, Celuien, and Durelin, everyone was innocent before toDay. Please keep that in mind toMorrow when we start wolf-hunting for ourselves again.

And oh look, the duel has started.... *grabs popcorn and plops down to watch*

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #1306
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Silmaril The duel of the Wizards

After the more or less private discussion with his mom the phantom stood out from the crowd and called for everyone’s attention. “Ah, what fun I've been having, bossing everyone around. But perhaps it is time to step aside?”

He made a rhetorical pause not thinking anyone would indeed answer him.

“I think things would be much more entertaining for most of you with mom and I out of the way.”

Rikae came forwards meeting her son at the well surrounded by all the villagers.

“So let’s do it, shall we? This has gone on for too long…” She replied and stared at the tp.

”Okay. You have two possibilities. Surrender, give up your minion for me to scry back to normal and leave for good… or die.”

“Even if I’ve not lived up to my expectations… or yours… do you really think I will give you that choice now that you have disgraced my name and the name of our family as one that doesn’t hold together?”

“No I don’t. But I thought of offering it to you to look like I was ready to be fair with you. We have been thinking eerily similar throughout this ordeal and I sense you’re ready to go as well.”

“That’s convenient for you to say so...being so gracious now. And yes, I’ve remarked the same thing. We in the family seem to be alike. But remember that even if you feel you’re on top of things now doesn’t mean all those “yes-men” of yours will be up to the task with my last pet with only a ranger helping them.”

“That’s a risk I’m quite willing to take…”

“You’re a chicken phantom, my son! You were never a decent man! Take it then!”

A deep darkness gathered around Rikae and she was no more. A ray of blackness, or should it be described a lack of light deeper than the night’s darkest hour, burst towards the phantom.

But where tp had been just a moment ago there now was a dazzling sphere of light deflecting the bolt of unlight charging towards him.

The light and the darkness swirled to and fro. The villagers ducked to safety not so sure whether to run or to watch. the But this fight of powers much greater they had ever seen was much too interesting even if they knew they were risking their lives. So they all just held their breath and hoped for the best.

It went on a minute or two. At times it felt like the unlight got the upper hand and everything went darker around the village. At times it felt like the light called the shots and everything was getting brighter.

Then it started raining… raining heavily. In no time there was a storm. The thunder and lightning accompanied the duel of the wizards trying to steal the leading role to itself.

But finally there was a blast which deafened the ears of everyone present and even faded the thunder of the skies. All the colours and shades they knew – and also those they didn’t – blasted on them. It was light and dark at the same time. All the shades of grey twinkled on and off and it all felt like a fairytale or a dream.

Then the villagers were again able to look more closely. There were just two tornadoes in the receding rain. Or some things which looked like tornadoes. It seemed like all the surroundings had lost their colour and… being. Even the heavy rain and thunder seemed to have faded somehow even if they were there. The one was composed of the absence of light as it seemed to absorb all the light into it to turn them into their non-existant mirror-image. The other one was of pure light, colourless and shadeless just undescribably bright trying to suck all the light from everything around it into a great dazzling burst of light no one had seen before.

The two tornadoes swirled a moment gathering strength and then clashed for the final time.

Dark and light, black and white, flashed one after another with a bang.

Then it was silent and grey.

There was no sun and light but no darkness or night either. There were no colours. All was grey.

Then the rain had started falling again pounding the ground and all those on it heavily.

The tornadoes had disappeared and the villagers stood up one by one braving to have a closer look.

The colours were slowly coming back to the world around them and they looked around as the rain slowly faded away after that last show-off.

The phantom and Rikae had disappeared.

There were no wizards any more.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #1307
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The Day continues for 1˝ hours still.

Do not abstain from posting because of that little incident.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #1308
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

What a sad silent bunch we are... (Including me and Greenie, we just spent two hours watching a movie instead of chattering here.) Well, there's still some time left; I'm off to do something semi-useful.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #1309
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well if no one else it going to talk, then I will!

If I've calculated correctly, we should be 12-1 toMorrow (unless the ranger successfully protects, in which case we'll be 13-1). We're getting rid of Celuien the Wolf toDay, but McCaber has sadly also chosen to commit suicide. But still, 12-1 are very good odds.

We all know we can't look at previous Days for wolfishness since our wolf is a new. Though I'm not sure how helpful toDay will be either. There hasn't been much posting and a lot of people just popped in to vote (one person hasn't even shown up at all). And obviously once again the voting is not going to have any use. So, I hope to see a lot more activity come toMorrow. The more everyone posts, the easier it'll be for us to find our final wolf.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #1310
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, if I was the EW, who would I have picked last Night?

I wouldn't have picked Eönwë. It would be a bold move but I would not pick a newcomer if I knew it might very well be my last scry.

McCaber would be a risky pick too since he has been bordering getting modfired. (Besides, he's dying toDay, so a bit useless to speculate about him. I doubt he's a wolf.)

Brinniel has been under pressure quite a lot, I wouldn't have possibly picked her either.

Morm has the tendency to get lynched for his uncompromising and even aggressive attitude. I would not have picked him.

Sally and Legate are both quite widely trusted. I would have considered picking them a little too obvious.

A Little Green has not been suspected much and is more cunning than first seems. On the other hand, she's got lynched pretty often for in the past, so I'm not sure if Rikae would have picked her. (I could have. I just think Rikae doesn't necessarily agree with me here.)

Now, picking Roa, what an opportunity that would be. A double-edged sword, I'd say. If there's someone who could mislead all the others, it would be her. But will the mob execute her just because she scares them? Risky, risky. I don't think I would have picked her, but Rikae is probably a little bolder than I am.

Gwath could be the surprise pick. Suspected a little, but not too much. Could easily slide through, but on the other hand, he has a tendency to get lynched. So...

Kath has been suspected to some extent, but she's cleared it all quite fine this way. No one has really demanded her lynch. She, if someone, is sneaky. A good pick for the EW, surely, but could it be too obvious?

Lhuna too has been suspected somewhat but not been a lynch candidate ever. People have a tendency to ignore her or at least let her slip under their radar. She'd definitely make a good last pick choice - but again, is it too good?

Then of course, Lalaith is the ultimate big question. As unfair as it sounds, I think we should lynch her just to make sure at some phase of the game. We can afford that if she's innocent.

There is no conclusion. The only people I would feel free to be less wary of now are Eönwë and morm. Others I consider more or less possible picks.

Anyway, time's up. Good night!

edit: xed with Brinn
Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #1311
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yes, I second Brinn. Everybody should talk toMorrow a lot more than they did toDay.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #1312
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Surprise, surprise!

Celuien is lynched.

Narration coming pretty soon...
Old 06-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #1313
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

Sally and Legate are both quite widely trusted. I would have considered picking them a little too obvious.
Teehee. I like how even in a suspicion(ish) list, we're coupled.

I actually agree about lynching Lal. I don't think Rikae would have scried her, and at the same time I could see her doing it just because it was TOO obvious (as someone else stated before). I don't know if we should lynch her toMorrow though.

EDIT: Blast! I didn't even realize what time it was. I'll just post this (since I went to the non-trouble of doing it) and shut up. Night dearies!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #1314
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Day5

Herbert awoke suddenly to the chirping of the swallow. It was already bright outside and the morning light crept into the pillbox.

He had had a dream. In it the powers of good and evil clashed resulting in the annihilation of both. It was like Mr. Hearst had said. They had gone, vanished, disappeared… fallen into nothingness. There was no good or evil anymore. He knew now Mr. Hearst had talked the truth.

He looked at the figurines that were scattered around the table as he had slept his head on it. Slowly he started gathering them back to their positions and built confidence. He was confirmed. Now he knew what it would take.

He would try to find the final answer now.

He took a figurine into his hand and shook as he did it.

It was her grannie, old-aunt Cellie she was called.

His mind wandered back to his early childhood. They were indeed his first memories. Feeling good in the arms of the old auntie, safe from anything evil in the world. And he remembered from later times a host of occasions when his mother had cried and yelled to him but the serene auntie had just silenced her defending him from whatever mischief it had been he had been guilty of. She had called the shots in regards to his mother and he had been thankful of that. She loved him and he loved her. Now he realised the latter part of the equitation as well.

And she had always baked the bunnies he could smell even now. And he had always gotten the first one “to taste” while the bun had been so hot it burnt his fingers.

He remembered her old and wise smile, the light of her eyes that loved him through and through.

She had been left behind when the great evacuation had been staged. She had refused to run from her home where she belonged and even if the soldiers had been quite rough on her she had kept her mind and they had left her there to her birth-place, her home.

He remembered her waving her hand from the small window of her modest cabin when they left while artillery-shells hammered the fields on the lower fields.

She was alive. He knew it.

But now there was no good or evil… And she would be the next one to go… he would pass this test…

Be calm… impassionate… It’s a question of power now. Calm down,… calm down… Do it! Do it!

Herbert threw the figurine to the floor and jumped on it.

The figurine broke into pieces. But it hurt.

He saw his left foot was bleeding. It was bleeding quite heavily.

He was about to scream for help when he realised there was no one to hear his call.

He sat back on the chair and opened a drawer where he knew there were bandaging materials left from the army.

It hurt.

*~*

“Ready for news, everyone? Dur was a WW, but was converted back. Spill your guts please, Dur”. It was the phantom who first opened his mouth after the wailing for Izzy had gone on for quite a while.

Roa poked Dury with a pitchfork: “Start talking now!”

Finally Durelin emerged from the crowd. “Celuien is the only wolf I know, because the second wolf was picked up just this last Night.”

That information was then followed by everyone – well not exactly everyone – casting their votes for Celuien.

Then there was the duel.

After that people seemed to go numb.

In the end Lommy opened her mouth reminding then they should lynch Celuien.

Brinn agreed they had to do what had to be done.

“I'm just a poor innocent candle maker – cookies anyone?”.

“Into the candle-wax as yesterday?” McCaber asked only realising he was too late. Nobody seemed to listen to him. The men were hacking Celuien to pieces.

Meanwhile the women gathered together.

“These confessing wolves start to be pretty boring, eh?” Lommy exclaimed.

“I know what you mean, it's starting to feel like an AA meeting: my name is Celuien/Nilp/Rikae and I am a very evil person" Lalaith added.

“I have nothing more to say at the moment” Greenie grumbled.

“It is getting a little dull having nothing to do other than turn up and all vote for one person.” Kath groaned.

Roa filled in: “The past few days have been a tad silly, with there being so little to debate. ToMorrow we start wolf-hunting for ourselves again.”

No one could count into how many pieces Celuien the wolf had been hacked into.

*~*

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin)
+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)
+ McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.
Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith); The seer mutilated and eyes pulled off on Night2.
Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister); An innocent ripped into pieces and thrown into the well on Night2.
Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber); A werewolf burnt alive on Day2.
Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother); The ranger overpowered by four werewolves in a fight and torn to pieces on Night3.
The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith); An innocent impaled to a spear her doll in her hand on Night3.
Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister); A werewolf melted into a candle-wax and burnt on Day3.
Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister); The seer eyes picked out (once again, what a bore...), throat slit and thrown into the well on Night4.
Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy); A werewolf committed a suicide when the whole village turned against him on Day4.
Isabellkya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister); An innocent cut down in a way too horrible to describe on Night5.
Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister); The EW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother); The GW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber); A werewolf sliced in pieces by the men of the village on Day5.

Night6 is on.

Whatever you wish to do… do it... those able to do it...

Others just hush!

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-11-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #1315
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night6

Edelfried woke up in the middle of the night screaming.

In her dream there had been a battle between good and evil and both had lost. They had just vanished. The passing of good and evil produces in emptiness, she remembered her aunt’s words. Then the villagers had hacked a werewolf to pieces and after that a lonely werewolf had butchered an innocent villager in a most appalling manner. The violence and brutality continued and her heart was about to break in pieces.

She had not been able to do anything. She had just followed the events as a bystander behind a glass-wall she was not able to get through or around.

Edelfried was sweating and shaking all over when the old nanny rushed in and came to her, looking troubled and anguished.

“Now what is it my dear child?” She laid her hand on her forehead. “You’re having a fever… I better get the healer here immediately. It’s the second night in a row now…”

She had already risen from the bedside when Edelfried finally managed to response.

“No dear Hilde… It’s not something the healer can do something about… It’s something… I mean…” Her voice broke.

“Now what are you talking about my child?” The nanny turned around and looked back at the little girl who was still visibly shaking. “You’ve been visiting that aunt Clennan of yours, now haven’t you? I told the king, your father, you should be kept apart from that witch. Maybe he will listen to me this time…” With that she took towards the heavy door to call for the healer.

“No! You don’t understand! The healer is not able to cure this. It’s the world that needs healing!” Edelfried cried in pain.

The Nanny shook her head at the door and mumbled to herself. “I must hurry… she’s finally going round the bend…”

“We’ll be back soon. Just breathe and try to cool down my little. All is fine… al is safe.” She said aloud glancing at the little girl with a worried look and then slammed the door behind her.

Edelfried burst into tears and buried her face in her palms crying uncontrollably.

*~*

The woman was unable to sleep. After twisting and turning in her bed for an hour she finally arose and went downstairs. She lit a few candles at one of the tavern-tables closest to the fireplace and picked up a book from the shelf.

Just as she had been absorbed into the story she suddenly heard a clatter of dishes from the kitchen. She listened closely but everything was silent. Rats… we should do something about them…

She fell back into her book but was soon aware of a smell of veggies being sautéed in the kitchen. She let the book down on the table and rose up.

“Kath, is it you my dear?”

She crept silently to the kitchen door through the dark tavern hall.

“Kath? Is it you?” She heard a wine bottle being opened and laid on the table. “Why didn’t you tell me you were hungry? I could have helped.”

The fang came out from nowhere and she felt a blow in her cheek. Everything went dizzy but at first she felt no pain. It only followed.

“Ahh, my main course arrives… just in time I’d say.” The werewolf grinned and sliced poor Brinn into pieces… “Let’s see then… sirloin? No… it takes time to stew it… Neck? No, the same problem... T-bone steak? Well no… I’m not in a mood for it… Fillet? Hmm… maybe I’ll have a fillet. Medium rare I‘d say… and some asparagus… Not bad… not bad… and a quickly fried liver… I should not forget it. That’s the teaser to begin with… with some scallions and apples…”

In the morning the villagers woke up to Kath howling in agony.

“My life’s companion! This is… this is just plain wrong! It’s brutal beyond description!”

Some of the villagers braved to go inside the tavern. There they were, the remains of a feast: liver with apples and scallions sautéed in cider, fillet with sauce Diane and seasons’ veggies including fresh asparagus and a bottle of rare and fine red wine. From the kitchen they found her entrails and the parts the werewolf hadn’t used for this macabre dinner at Night.

A short epilogue for two persons...

Lhuna closed the door and walked past the buzzing crowd in front of the tavern. She had had enough.

First her father had been killed and then her mother turned out a cursed werewolf killing other people, people she knew and loved. Then her sister revealed herself to be an ex-werewolf now repenting… and finally her betrothed turned out to be a Wizard – and died. She would have it no more…

No one noticed as she passed silently from the gates and left the village.

Less than a mile into the forest she suddenly met a guy sitting on a stump crying bitterly.

“What is it McCaber? What are you doing here?” She asked pretty much confused.

“What am I doing? … I don’t really know…”, he answered quietly not daring to meet her eyes.

But in the end he decided to talk his heart out. “My date was a werewolf and my mom was one as well… I just couldn’t bear it… I don’t know what to do…What kind of life it is when you can’t trust your loved one or your immediate family anymore? … or anyone in this cursed village!” He lifted his face and finally looked at Lhuna. “My date was a werewolf! You know how it feels? And we used to fight over her with my bro…”

“Mine was a wizard and he’s dead as well… no to talk of my relatives and what they turned out…” Lhuna answered quietly letting her face down.

McCaber rose and took her by the hand biting his lip. “Don’t weep Lhuna… There will be a place for us in this world eventually. But now we must flee. We both made the same decision and here we are.”

Lhuna tried to swallow her tears and nodded pressing McCaber’s hand. “You’re right, let’s go.” Her voice broke down.

And so they went hand in hand away from the village leaving the nightmare behind them.

*~*

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.
Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith); The seer mutilated and eyes pulled off on Night2.
Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister); An innocent ripped into pieces and thrown into the well on Night2.
Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber); A werewolf burnt alive on Day2.
Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother); The ranger overpowered by four werewolves in a fight and torn to pieces on Night3.
The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith); An innocent impaled to a spear her doll in her hand on Night3.
Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister); A werewolf melted into a candle-wax and burnt on Day3.
Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister); The seer eyes picked out (once again, what a bore...), throat slit and thrown into the well on Night4.
Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy); A werewolf committed a suicide when the whole village turned against him on Day4.
Isabellkya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister); An innocent cut down in a way too horrible to describe on Night5.
Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister); The EW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother); The GW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber); A werewolf sliced in pieces by the men of the village on Day5.
Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner); An innocent chopped and turned into an exquisite dinner on Night6.
Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin); An innocent who had enough of the madness and ran away to find meaning into her life on the morning of Day6.
McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir); An innocent who had enough of the madness and ran away to find meaning into his life on the morning of Day6.

Day6 has begun!

Feel free to use your own reasoning and speculative powers again!

PS. The 'Downs time is now about 5-6 minutes behind the real time but we'll still follow the 'Downs time eg. all votes cast with a mark 11.00 PM GMT will be counted. I try to post the end of the Day at 11.01.

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-12-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #1316
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Don't know if it's worth anything, but....

Voting stuff from yesterday....I feel "helpful" now!

Durie-->Cellie at 11:17pm
Morm-->Cellie at 12:23am
Legate-->Cellie at 5:08am
Roa-->Cellie at 9:38am
Gwath-->Cellie at 10:23am
Lommie-->Cellie at 12:00pm
Lal-->Cellie at 12:23pm
Phantom-->Cellie at 12:32pm
Greenie-->Cellie at 1:44pm
Nilp....erm, Cellie---->Nilp....erm, Cellie at 2:00pm
Sally-->Cellie at 2:18pm
Eon-->Cellie at 2:24pm
Kath-->Cellie at 2:29pm
Shasta-->Rikae at 2:49pm
Rikae-->Phantom 3:06pm
Brinn-->Cellie at 3:08pm
No votes: Lhuna, Cabbie (although he'd withdrawn by this point)

That being said, I'll be back in a couple hours (hopefully less, but I don't know right now). Until then....

Oh, and I think this is necessary, given the night's events. *gives Kath a hug*
Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #1317
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

That was a surprise. I'm inclined to think that Brinn was just someone probably not protected by the ranger and a rather baffling no-track kill. Or then she could have been killed because of suspected rangerism. But whatever the reason, I somehow have the feeling it's not going to be revealed and even if it was it wouldn't tell who's the baddie... I think I'll reread yesterDay, that's not much, after all...
Old 06-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #1318
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lommy-style maths

A new list

YesterDay's posts seemed a little wolvish
+ Kath
+ Satansaloser 2005
+ Gwathagor

YesterDay's posts could have been wolvish
0 Eönwë
0 Roa_Aoife
0 Lalaith

YesterDay's posts seemed innocentish
- A Little Green
- Shastanis Althreduin
- Legate of Amon Lanc
- Mormegil

The list I made yesterday, simplified version

A probable pick for the EW
+ Kath
+ Shasta
(I missed him from the previous list)

Considerable pick for the EW
0 Sally
0 Legate
0 Greenie
0 Roa
0 Gwath
0 Lalaith

Unprobable pick for the EW
- Eönwë
- morm

Conclusion

++
Kath

+
sally
Gwath

Roa
Lalaith
Shasta

-
Eönwë
Greenie
Legate

--
morm

If I was a ver matemathical person, I'd vote Kath. But because I'm not, I'm not sure if I will. I think I'll go to sleep now and think about this. I will vote when I have waken up. I hope to see that many people have posted before that...
Old 06-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #1319
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Silmaril An epilogue has been added.

An epilogue for Lhuna and McCaber has been added to the narration and the tally has been upgraded with them leaving the village.

There are twelve people in the village.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #1320
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oy, leave me alone Lommy, my life partner has just been brutally killed and you're casting stones at her nearest and dearest? Pah.

But ouch to last Night. Three innocents gone. I know we knew about two of them but watching the numbers go down is a bit alarming.

It's pretty late here right now so I'm going to head to bed, just saw the narration come up and thought I'd check in.