The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #1321
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Now, my other daughter is dead as well! My darling Brin! I've burried two daughters and a husband in 6 days time! Oh, my dear Legate, what has become of our family?

*ahem* Okay, that's enough of that.

I'm going to go through Brin's posts and see if I can come up with any reason she might have been killed. Then I'm going to analyze as many people as possible from yesterDay. Hopefully I can get it done, since it's only Two Days. ("Wait!" I hear you say, "The wolf was only turned yesterday! On Day 4 they were innocent!" Why yes, this is true. So I'm comparing their Day 4 behavior with their Day 5 Behavior to see if there are any changes, silly hobbits.)

Post Count!
satansaloser2005 110
Thinlómien 88
Roa_Aoife 79
Shasta 66
Legate 64
Lalaith 50
Gwathagor 46
Durelin 46
mormegil 40
A Little Green 23
Eönwë 20
Kath 15

So, I'll be working from the bottom up, after Brin. I'm counting on you guys to not let the village lapse into silence, okay? *pointed look at the people who have posted less than those who have been dead for the past 5 Days*

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #1322
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Brin, Day 5

Post 1 - Surprised at Izzy's death. Excited to hear from Durelin, admits that Dur had baffled her.

Post 2 - Responds to Morm for his Post #1225

Post 3 - Notes how quiet it is. Wonders if we should believe Durelin about Celuien. Thinks it's better to Lynch Celuien because we won't know if Dur is telling the truth anyways until Cel's role is proven, Thinks phantom should challenge because the game is starting to get boring.

Post 4 - Votes Celuien

Post 5 - Calculation of our odds, notes that our wolf is new and that we can't look at previous Dayys for suspicious behavior, Hopes everyone will start to post more

So, Brin wasn't heavily suspected by anyone, and she didn't express suspicion towards anyone. It definitely looks like she was a safe kill.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 06-12-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Old 06-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #1323
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kath

Day 4 (When she was definitely innocent)

Post 1 - Points out that she's posting the same ammount that she always does, but it seems like less because this game has been so long. Decides to do phantom's list:

Greenie: Not suspicious
Shasta: has gone unnoticed
Izzy: Seems wrong somehow
Lommy: Innocent
Nilp: Wolf
Sally: doesn't seem suspicious
Rikae: Very entertaining
Phantom: Inclined to trust him
Lhuna: No opinion
Durelin: Hasn't thought of her since Agan was lynched
Roa: probably innocent
Brin: May be a newer wolf
Legate: No clear view
Lal: Seems very suspicious
Morm: No suspicions
Celuien: No Idea
Gwath: Reactionary
McCaber: Barely Noticed

Post 2 - Votes Nilp

And that's all for the Day she was innocent.

Day 5, when her innocense is no longer a gaurantee

Post 1 - Votes Celuien, complains that there's nothing to do

Possibilities: She was a wolf and hid with out leaving a trail, or she like so many of us was bored without much to do. I can't draw any conclusions from that. I did note that on Day 4 quite a few people marked her in their lists as suspicious, but I don't believe any one followed up on it. She would certainly be a good choice, as I've seen her finish as a solo wolf before. Of course, Rikae wasn't looking for a solo wolf on Night 5, so that may not have much bearing. But the other two wolves, (Dureling and Celuien) were both sliding by unoticed, so Kath definitely fits the mold. I need to see more from her today than roleplaying.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #1324
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*tumbleweed*

<.<
>.>
-_-;

On to Eonwe then...

Old 06-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #1325
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hmm, not much going on here. I guess I'll go read through yesterDay again and see who looks sneaky.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #1326
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe

Day 4 (known innocent)

Post 1 - Tells phantom to stop giving orders

Post 2 - List:

Innocent: phantom (an enigma)

Probably Innocent: Shasta, Morm, Celuien, McCaber

Less Innocent: Greenie, Izzie, Roa (though she was evil but is now convinced otherwise), Lommy

Perhaps wolves: Sally (too much pointless stuff), Kath (not quite right), Legate (too quiet lately)

Evil: Rikae, Nilp

No Idea: Dur, Lhuna, Brin, Lal, and Gwath

Post 3 - Wonders if Rikae is really the EW

Post 4 - Lal Seems reassuring, but she might be a wolf, and Lommy has been "masking her scent"

Post 5 - Asks Rikae if she's saying she's not the EW

Post 6 - Banter

Post 7 - Votes Nilp

Post 8 - Asks Sally if she's calling him a wolf, responds to Sally

Post 9 - Hopes he gets better at werewolf

(Sidenote: Dueling Wizards was probably not the best game to get started on....)

Post 10 - Glad we aren't gulping down pages, looks for people to misquote him in the future

Post 11 - Agrees with Izzie, says he's always had an odd feeling about Roa

Post 12 - Says he was suspicious of Lommy because she kept jumping on everyone who suspected her

Over half your post count in one Day! We know you can do it now! Also, if I didn't know for a fact he was innocent on this day.....*shakes head* Anyways...

Day 5

Post 1 - Notes that there isn't a lot to say

Post 2 - Votes Celuien

*sigh* I have a feeling this is going to be a pattern... I feel like I might as well wait for people to post toDay.

On the whole, I don't know if Rikae would have turned Eonwe knowing that she'd be gone the following Day. It's a big risk. On the other hand, everyone has been brushing off anything suspicious he does as newbieness, so she may have counted on just that. Also, almost everyone counted him as "unknown," or "not enough info." We know you can post more now! Come one and show up!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #1327
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah! Gwath! Nooooo, don't leave me to talk to myself! I'm not easy to get along with!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #1328
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Alright then. I warn you, though, I'm terrible at small talk...

I was just thinking that if I was the EW, I would have turned you, Roa, into a wolf between Day 4 and Day 5. If I was the EW, mind.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #1329
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Ah! Gwath! Nooooo, don't leave me to talk to myself! I'm not easy to get along with!

*gives Roa a sedative and a nice cup of tea* It'll be okay, dearie. I'm here to keep you company. I'm just a bit quiet as I'm a bit tired (and severely multi-tasking).

Perhaps I should do that analysis on Morm like I promised. *scampers off*

EDIT: x'd with Gwath
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #1330
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Wait...where did I get the idea that the remaining werewolf HAD to be created between Days 4 and 5?

And why were Eonwe and Kath known innocents on Day 4? I'm afraid I don't quite understand.

EDIT: 900 POSTS.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 06-12-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #1331
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Wait...where did I get the idea that the remaining werewolf HAD to be created between Days 4 and 5?

And why were Eonwe and Kath known innocents on Day 4? I'm afraid I don't quite understand.
Because he did, and they were. Recall that on Night 5, we started with two wolves. Then phantom scried Durelin, making her an ordo, and Rikae scried someone else. Because Durelin was turned before other communications started, she didn't know the identity of the new wolf, only the one she'd been communicating with before hand - Celuien, whim we lynched. That leaves us with only the wolf turned on Night 5. Follow?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #1332
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post

I'm guessing you got it from the last night of scries. There were two wolves at the start of the Night (Dure and Cell). During the Night, Phantom de-wolfed Dure, and Rikae scried....well, someone. Unfortunately, Dure wasn't given this information (for obvious reasons) so we don't know the identity of the last wolf, but we do know the night of their scrying. Sensical, yes?

EDIT: Blast. X'd with Roa's explanation of the same subject. Where are the rest of you?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #1333
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ah, thank you both. That's helpful. I'm not thinking clearly because I'm tired out from work. Long day.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #1334
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Greenie

Day 4 (definitely not evil)

Post 1 - Tells phantom he's be annoying and that he should stop withholding information. Decides she'll make a list for herself and the village, not for him. Thinks that the people who immediately trusted phantom are the more suspicious ones.

Post 2 - List:

Shasta - no suspicious
Izzie - difficult to say
Lommy - innocentish
Nilp - Wolf
Sally - innocentish and ammusing
Kath - worrying
Eonwe - difficult to say
Rikae - evil but amusing
phantom - good but irritating
Lhuna - innocent
Dury - difficult to say
Roa - looks innocent
Brin - Innocent
Legate - difficult to say
Morm - no idea
Lal - could be anything
Celuien - Could be a wolf
Gwath - leaning innocent
McCaber - worrisome

Post 3 - Votes Nilp, agrees with Lommy that we should be doing something more productive

Post 4 - Finds Izzie's analysis to be eyebrow raising, a little too much "go with the flow"

Day 5

Post 1 - Inclined to trust Dury about Celuien, thinks the duel will be better toDay than tomorrow. Response to morm, doesn't think Lommy has changed her tone

Post 2 - Agrees that the game has become a bit boring

Post 3 - Votes Celuien

Eh, I have to shower and eat. Draw your own conclusions. I think she'd be a good turn.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #1335
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Don't worry about it, Gwath. I'm having trouble putting stuff together as well; long day doesn't begin to describe it. Just glad that made sense.

Off to take another swing at some analysis. I seem to be getting nowhere. Then again, it's only yesterDay that we need to worry about, so that'll make it a lot easier.

Wow....I'm glad I realized that now instead of when I'd done five days of analysis on someone. Go me....*gets her own cup of tea*
Old 06-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #1336
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Legate may have been a good choice for Rikae to turn into a werewolf during the Night in question because of how she had gone after him earlier, when she "revealed" as the GW. However, this very fact may also have disqualified him in her mind.

If Rikae was looking for someone who would present themselves as an obvious choice, she may have gone with Legate or Shasta perhaps; Legate, because he's sneaky, and Shasta because he's quiet and has gone relatively unnoticed.

Like I said, though, if I was the EW, I would have scried Roa, because she can get away with being vocal and persuasive without being suspected for it. Or at least has done so this game.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #1337
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
was bored without much to do
I think this was the tone of yesterday, in general, which wasn't terribly helpful, in retrospect. Most people just trooped in, voted for Celueien and trooped out again. I can't really claim much else for myself, either...I was very busy.
I wish more of us had made a list like Lommy's that she made before deadline - very helpful, not just in itself (her thinking made good sense) but also in giving pointers to her own status. It felt very innocent - although I would be inclined to believe Lommy innocent anyway, as she was under so much suspicion that Rikae would have made a massive gamble to scry her.
I haven't had time to read through the posts of yesterday closely, but here's my list based on the same type of premise as Lommy:
Likely (not suspected)
Sally
Gwath
Shasta
Green
Legate
Kath

Likely (leaving the game in the hands of a master - but high risk because of their high profile)
Roa, Mormegil

Unlikely:
Eonwe (newbie status)

Very unlikely (so suspected):
Lommy
I'd put myself as fairly unlikely too, because I'm bound to be under scrutiny as a degifted.

Another thought - I've played so infrequently in the last year or so that I'm a bit out of it, perhaps some Grimoire expert can help - is there anyone here that Rikae's never played with before? If so, they'd be an unlikely wolf pick - If I were the evil wizard, I don't think I'd like to leave the game in the hands of someone who I didn't have personal gaming experience of, so if there's anyone who could help on that....

In Rikae's shoes (there I go, thinking like a EW again, Lommy ) I would have gone for Kath, Legate, Morm or Roa.

The other thing to think about: I think Rikae might have avoided anyone she thought might be a Ranger, as her priority was to make a wolf, rather than de-gift.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #1338
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I think our best options are to look for those who most people listed as non-suspicious on day 4 at the request of the phantom. My thought is that Rikae would have chosen a person who was on the middle-range of suspicion. Kind of a leaning innocent on some and possibly guilty on others. The other question is would Celulien have known who the other wolf would be? The reason I ask is because I would like to consider what she said about Shasta and others. I'm not sure I'd put much credibility in it but it is worth considering.

Off the top of my head and not looking back at the lists of people I would say:

Greenie
Lal
Shasta
Legate

are the most likely EW picks. But I think it could be profitable to cross compare who Rikae chose and see if there is a certain common thread.

Agan
Cailin
Nilp
Celuien

Not a single one of them were mass-posters and nobody was overly crazy in their mannerisms, but none, with the possible exception of Celuien were really quiet either.

Lal
Legate
Shasta

fit this bill. Obvioulsy those three are on my first list too so they will likely be my top suspects. I think Lal has done a great job and the question that would need to be answered is would Rikae scry her twice to convert her to a wolf?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #1339
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Very unlikely (so suspected):
I'd put myself as fairly unlikely too, because I'm bound to be under scrutiny as a degifted.
I agree and disagree on this and struggle with the thought. By wolfanizing you, it's easy to say that you wouldn't be wolfanized because you had been de-gifted and therefore wouldn't have been converted. However, I think it a good rouse. It never sits well with me when people use themselves in their own lists and give preemptive defense. It seems odd to me. And it increases my suspicion although not to the point of conviction.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #1340
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

MORM YESTERDAY

Post 1224: Asks Phantom if he got a seer the previous Night. Says he appreciates Phantom's leadership, and thinks it would be beneficial to wait another Day and possibly get a seer.

Hmmmm. I'm sure that the asking for the seer was just confusion over the night's events. But if he HAD been scried I could see this as an attempt to prolong the wizard duel and maybe get a partner. It's definitely possible.

Post 1225: Says Lommie secured Nilp's fate, but that Brinn held her vote and jumped on toward the end of the bandwagon, a safe vote.

Well, it's called a bandwagon for a reason love. I'm sure Brinn couldn't help when she voted. Besides, we know she's innocent, so it's kind of a moot point now. I think he was just a little too eager to find a reason to accuse her.

Post 1230: Just being silly.

Post 1237: Says he was kidding about wanting another night for a seer.

Well, it's definitely possible he was kidding but he sounded like he meant it to me. I don't know. Was he "just kidding" or back pedaling?

Post 1242: Talking about his joking again.

Post 1243: Says Lommie has changed her tone and is trying to act differently than people (especially himself) have accused her of.

I would find a sudden behavior change suspicious. Is he trying to say this about Lommie? He just states that she's changed and doesn't comment a whole lot on it, so I don't know what he thinks of it.

Post 1261: "If you've posted even close to as much as Phantom, shut up."

Kidding, kidding. It made me giggle, and that's all I can say.

Post 1262: Says Gwath looks really guilty at this point (see Gwath's post 1258), but says he will trust Dure's word and votes Cel.

He said that Gwath sounded like he knew wolf statuses, but wanted to sound innocent. This suspicion is extremely well grounded, or at least if nothing else I thought the same thing. I'm not concerned about this post at all (Morm's, that is) so for now I'll just nod in agreement.

Post 1272: Asks Dure when she was told of Cel's wolfishness (as it makes a difference as to the time of the information). Wants some more information from Phantom before he (phantom) and Rikae die.

Again, I can read this as "let's see if I can save my partner". Now I'm not saying that Morm can't handle the village on his own, but it would be nerve-wracking to be a lone wolf, so any chance of saving your partner is worth it (to an extent of course).

EDIT: x'd with everything since Gwath's statements about evil Rikae, grandpa Shasta, and my sweet Legate

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I'm an English major, but for some reason I'm not thinking properly so I probably mistyped/misspelled some things. Humor me.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #1341
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sally, a few things. Most importantly, I was not joking about the seer. I was weighing if it would be best to swap one more wolf for adding a seer or not. I was joking about my accusing Brinn and Lommy based on the voting record. I thought most understood that but I perhaps was wrong...of course, I couldn't say the voting record gave much if any info but it was fun to joke about it.

Quote:
but it would be nerve-wracking to be a lone wolf
Not nerve wracking but at all but a dream fo mine!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #1342
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

A very brief, hastily assembled list of jumbled thoughts:
What we know: Dure is innocent. We have a ranger, but it is not Dure or Lal. Lal was de-gifted.
What we do not know: A lot. Specifically (see above) if Lal was scried two Nights in a row, making her a wolf, or if Rikae was content to simply rob her of her gift.
What we can assume: Phantom and Rikae thought a lot alike this game. If I remember correctly, Phantom said there were a couple people he would have scried as gifteds. Rikae, trying not to repeat past bad luck, probably picked other people besides these.

My top four wolves:
Morm: for reason stated above
Roa: bold choice, almost too obvious
Greenie: too quiet, simply unnerving
Gwath: an unlucky wolf in the past, and I mean that in a nice way. He's acted quite wolfish, actually, but I don't know if Rikae would pick him. His behavior indicated fur, however

Three least expected wolves:
Lal: too much danger of her getting lynched, with her scry status up in the air
Kath: she's slipped through unnoticed so far, so she'd be a good pick, too good of a pick actually, and that's why I think she wouldn't have been selected
Eon: not familiar enough, I know how being a new player goes and it's hard; I don't think she would have risked it

In the middle or otherwise:
Legate: Rikae could have given him a hard time before to set up his scry, but I don't know how likely that would be
Lommie: she's been all over the place in my mind, and in others' as well, so I don't know if Rikae would want to take the chance that she could survive
Shasta: Very possible, but I don't feel that Rikae would have picked him
Dure: We know she's innocent. Period.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-12-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: sorry, forgot to bold
Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #1343
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Sally, a few things. Most importantly, I was not joking about the seer. I was weighing if it would be best to swap one more wolf for adding a seer or not. I was joking about my accusing Brinn and Lommy based on the voting record. I thought most understood that but I perhaps was wrong...of course, I couldn't say the voting record gave much if any info but it was fun to joke about it.

Not nerve wracking but at all but a dream fo mine!

Oh, you're right. Sorry, I put that in response to the wrong post. I'm a bit out of it; my apologies. Thanks for clearing that up, you cute little masochist you.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #1344
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I like Lalaith's list...

Lalaith is an unlikely wolf-pick, I think, because she was not worth the risk, as she was de-gifted the Night the new Ranger was created, and so would not know his/her identity. But obviously no guarantees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Not a single one of them were mass-posters and nobody was overly crazy in their mannerisms, but none, with the possible exception of Celuien were really quiet either.
How does Greenie not fit this bill, exactly?

You also did not cross-compare me, so I think this is rather (*cough*severely*cough*) flawed.

Edit: So I guess Greenie falls under "too quiet"? Being that quiet hasn't seemed to hurt her any, though, has it? But yes, yes, I understand that wasn't what you were doing, morm.

Last edited by Durelin; 06-12-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #1345
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I like Lalaith's list...

Lalaith is an unlikely wolf-pick, I think, because she was not worth the risk, as she was de-gifted the Night the new Ranger was created, and so would not know his/her identity. But obviously no guarantees.

How does Greenie not fit this bill, exactly?

You also did not cross-compare me, so I think this is rather (*cough*severely*cough*) flawed.

See? Dure's a wolf! She practically admitted it!!!!!!!!

I agree about Greenie though. She fits the same pattern as the rest.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #1346
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm really sorry everyone. I'm quite tired for some reason; it's not late, but I need some sleep. I'll try my best to get up and pop in before work, and if not I promise I'll be in four hours before deadline as usual. I'll stay around for a bit longer, but I'm most likely going to read up on a few things and then go home to bed. Thanks in advance for being patient with Sleepy Sally. Night dearies!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #1347
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ok, so, I'm going to be in Idaho for the weekend, at a wedding (not my own), so I may not be able to vote during Day 7. I won't be back until Sunday after DL, which means that whether I post or not will depend on whether I can borrow someone's internet while in Idaho.

I see that sally has joined the "Let's Make References To Gwath's Bad Track Record As A WW" Club, of which Lommy is the founding member. Rikae wouldn't necessarily be aware of my tendency to get lynched (by villagers, by fellow wws, etc.) though, because she's only played one game with me that I can remember. So, you could take one of two things from this fact. Either Rikae would be likely to make me a wolf because she doesn't know I get lynched easily, or she would be unlikely to make me a wolf because she's not familiar with me as a player. Take your pick.

One other thing, sally: what exactly did I say that made it sound as if I knew WW statuses? I don't remember saying anything of the kind, and I'd like to see if it's truly suspicious or not.

I agree with everyone else that Lalaith is an unlikely wolf-pick. I think we can count her as innocent along with Durelin. Everyone else has their distinct pros and cons, though, and is fair game. Rikae could very well have anticipated many of our arguments such as "so-and-so is an unlikely wolf because they're too obvious" or "they're too crazy" or whatever...

Ok, I'm going to bed. I'll vote when I wake up (and before I leave for Idaho). I'm sorry I wasn't able to post more toDay.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #1348
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, Rikae started out with 3 wolves, right?

On Night 2, she scried me.

Aganzir was lynched on Day 2, so she was one of the original 3.

Back to 3 wolves, but she picks up a fourth on Night 3 because there are two kills that Night.

Cailin is lynched on Day 3. Back down to 3 wolves.

Lalaith is scried Night 4, de-gifted. Still three wolves - myself, Nilp, and Celuien.

I rather suspect Nilp was an original wolf. I don't know about Cailin or Celuien.

I knew Cailin was a fellow WW on Night 3, because Rikae informed us other wolves that we could try to go after her if Cailin was in danger. That was when she revealed to us, because she knew she had been scried. I don't know how she somehow knew Cailin would be in danger...the amount of interweaving of her and phantom's plans really is just...insane. Uncanny.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #1349
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, quick post before bed-

Everyone, please remember that when Rikae scried the last wolf, she wasn't planning for him to go in alone. At that point, she couldn't have known that Durelin would be scried, and Celuien handed over for lynching. Had things gone according to Rikae's plan, we would have three wolves right now, instead of one. This last wolf was meant to work as part of the team, not on his own. Please remember that when trying to think of who Rikae picked.

Also, morm, you should be on your own list. You fit that bill rather nicely.

I'll be on just before I 'll leave for work, and again on my lunch break, hopefully to vote.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #1350
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right, I'm off to work and as usual I won't be back until around 5.30pm.

Durelin - thanks for liking my list, sorry I accidentally left you off it - you are obviously innocent.
Roa - I always put myself on my own lists. And ironically, you're right, Morm should have been on his own list.
I'm going to look into the Grimoire about Rikae's previous playing companions when I get back.
Anyway, I'm late (again - this game is going to get me fired. )
See you this evening.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #1351
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Yes, Rikae wasn't choosing a lone wolf, but she knew that her pick would probably be her last one. That is worth bearing in mind.

On Lalaith - yes, she'd be a risky pick and I'm not sure if Rikae had gone for cursing her because she really would not have had time to gte all info from her. Obviously, Lalaith has not given her the identity of the ranger (or then she just hadn't told it to her wolves) - whether because she doesn't know it, or because she's innocent. There's one way why Lal would have been a good pick, anyway: Rikae could be sure that she was an ordo and thus would 100% certainly turn into a wolf.

I should vote soon and I still have little idea... except that Gwath seems more innocent now, I think.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:20 AM   #1352
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
By the way, as luring as the approach of who Rikae would have picked is, I think we shouldn't give it that much importance. I think we've already proved that almost everybody would be a good and a bad choice in one way or another. So we really can't deduce anything. It'd be better to concentrate on actual wolvish behaviour, even as there's probably little of it to be seen yet.

Personally, I would not be surprised if someone of those who just popped in and voted yesterDay (with no RL excuse) was quite furry, because who else than a wolf would think there's nothing more to do that Day? (Well, looking at the number of posts, probably quite a few innocents.) Anyway, I'm going to do a check.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:30 AM   #1353
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay: Eönwë, Greenie, Shasta and Kath did not do anything of importance but vote after Celuien's role was revealed for sure. Wolves!

Like said before, Eönwë was not probably picked by the EW, so I'd not lynch him first. Both Shasta and Greenie feel rather innocent to me (this far), so I'm going to vote the one my maths too suggest we should lynch:

++Kath

I don't think picking her would have been a bad choice from Rikae. She might be a predictable pick, but she seldom seems really wolvish and she's a master of slipping away from becoming a real vote candidate. Rikae could have counted on that Kath would not be voted out easily, even if she was suspected.

Also, when Kath's dead I feel freer. If we don't lynch her, I have to be worried about her constantly...
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 AM   #1354
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I agree with Lommy that too much conclusions can't be drawn from who Rikae would or would not have picked. However, meanwhile we wait for more people to appear and the discussion to get a bit more lively, I see no fault in discussing this topic. At the very least, it makes people say something. (Me included.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Everyone, please remember that when Rikae scried the last wolf, she wasn't planning for him to go in alone. At that point, she couldn't have known that Durelin would be scried, and Celuien handed over for lynching. Had things gone according to Rikae's plan, we would have three wolves right now, instead of one. This last wolf was meant to work as part of the team, not on his own.
Good point. In this light, we could look for a person who would fit in well in a pack with Dury and Celuien. (No idea who that might mean.)

I, too, have to vote pretty soon, and I don't know who to vote. I suppose I'm off to do some reading. And by the way, where is everyone? (Maybe I'm just irritated because now is the only time I get online toDay and I'd like to have someone talk with me... )
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #1355
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Because I have nothing else to do, I'll - surprise surprise - make a list!!

Sally - Leaning innocent? Hasn't changed at all during the last Days. It scares me that I hardly think about her as a possible wolf.
Lommy - I'm inclined to think her innocent. Her behaviour is genuine and hasn't changed much, and besides she speaks sense.
Roa - Would have been a very good pick for Rikae, but seems innocent enough.
Shasta - No real opinion on him at this point.
Legate - Again, a very good possible pick. I'd very much like to see him toDay before I go so I can judge better.
Lalaith - The double-scry stuff gives me a headache so I won't comment on that. Anyway, she has behaved very innocentishly toDay so I'm inclined to think her innocent. (Wow, what a logic!!)
Gwathie - No idea, could be anything.
Dury - Innocent, obviously.
morm - A very difficult case. Would have been a risky pick, but also a brilliant one. I have the impression of him being somewhat more helpful toDay. Don't know what to make of that, though..
Eönwë - No idea. Probably not a wolf.
Kath - Would have been a very good pick for Rikae as well. Could be the last wolf. I'd like to see more of her as well before I go.

So.

Being an excellent pick for Rikae:
Roa
Legate
Kath
(morm)

Has changed behaviour lately:
morm (Though he has behaved rather more innocentish... Bah. My logic isn't working.)

Sneaky or under my radar:
Sally
Shasta
Gwath
Eönwë
Kath

I don't suspect at the moment:
Dury
Lommy
Lal

This is frustrating. I made these silly lists to clear my thoughts but they are just more messed up than ever. I hope someone turns up before I have to go, which is in an hour or so, because I don't really like talking to myself.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 06-13-2008 at 05:02 AM. Reason: a silly typo
Old 06-13-2008, 05:02 AM   #1356
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Blah, it seems my hopes of getting company are doomed to fail. I'll have to vote very soon now... My vote candidates at the moment are Kath and morm, possibly also Leggie. I feel uneasy about voting any of them, though, I have seen so little of them toDay.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #1357
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Gah.

++ Kath

Good night.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:12 AM   #1358
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I am here, but I won't post really anything toDay. See the admin thread, what more, everything became kinda dramatic for me suddenly so I did not have time to do anything. I can't read the thread and thus judge anything, the less vote.

Sorry, I'll try to do better when I'm back toMorrow.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #1359
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I will say little in my own defence, if someone's mind is made up about me there's hardly a lot I can do. I am not a wolf so my death will not help you, but nor am I the Ranger so it will harm you in no way but numbers, and we can probably afford a couple of mistakes at this stage. I would rather not be lynched though, it's been a very long time since I've lived to the end.

Oh, which reminds me of something morm said about wanting to be a lone wolf. Brave, brave man! I've done it twice and it's the most nerve-racking thing in existence.

Now I am going to make myself look entirely suspicious by suspecting Lommy right back. But there are reasons. She made three posts all within minutes of each other:

Post 1 - argues that we should remember Rikae was choosing her last wolf, and that Lalaith would possibly make a good wolf.

Post 2 - we should ignore Rikae's opinion and focus on wolvishness (here actually I agree) and wolvishness is appearing and just voting yesterDay, which she then admits even innocents did, surely then negating her point.

Post 3 - her reasons for voting me are based around Rikae's opinion not my apparent wolvishness, going back against her point in post 2.

But, actually, I don't think she's suspicious. I think she had little time and is arguing herself in circles. I don't know why she found it imperative to vote quite so early though. Anyway, the person I actually find suspicious is Greenie, who leapt on the back of Lommy's vote. The last game I was in, an unwitting innocent voted another innocent, and within minutes the last wolf had voted right alongside them, thus winning the game. Clearly that's not going to happen in this situation, we have too many players left, but it does remind me of it.

I don't know. This could be entirely reactionary given that the two of them voted for me, and that's the first time I've felt any attention on me since the beginning of the game.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #1360
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
By the way, as luring as the approach of who Rikae would have picked is, I think we shouldn't give it that much importance. I think we've already proved that almost everybody would be a good and a bad choice in one way or another. So we really can't deduce anything. It'd be better to concentrate on actual wolvish behaviour, even as there's probably little of it to be seen yet.
The very next post...

Quote:
Like said before, Eönwë was not probably picked by the EW, so I'd not lynch him first. Both Shasta and Greenie feel rather innocent to me (this far), so I'm going to vote the one my maths too suggest we should lynch:

++Kath

I don't think picking her would have been a bad choice from Rikae. She might be a predictable pick, but she seldom seems really wolvish and she's a master of slipping away from becoming a real vote candidate. Rikae could have counted on that Kath would not be voted out easily, even if she was suspected.
Hmmmm....