The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #1521
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
how about R ?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #1522
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
T O R N

T--r- -- ---nt- o- --o-- -or -o-- -o-n- --n not --r--- o- n-- ----- -n- n-- --t-o--.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #1523
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"There is plenty of scope for bold young men not afraid of new ideas and new methods."

Councillor Tompkins on the subject of painting.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #1524
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Excellent, Guinevere! Once again you astound me with your ability to get the whole quote from so few letters. Your turn is well earned!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 02-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #1525
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you Esty!
I hope this one isn't too short:

"-/ -----/ ----/ ----/," (.....) "---/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ -----/ ---/ -/ ----/ ----/."
Old 02-21-2006, 03:08 AM   #1526
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's have a D first, please.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:53 AM   #1527
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"t"s, please.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #1528
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-/ -----/ ---d/ ----/," (.....) "--d/ t--/ ---t/ -/ ----/ ----d/ ---/ -/ ----/ t---/."
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #1529
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Do we have any Ssss, preciousss?
Old 02-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #1530
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yess, but we have only one...

"-/ -----/ ---d/ ----/," (.....) "--d/ t--/ --st/ -/ ----/ ----d/ ---/ -/ ----/ t---/."
Old 02-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #1531
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A, please.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #1532
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"A/ -----/ ---d/ -a--/," (.....) "a-d/ t--/ --st/ -/ -a--/ --a-d/ ---/ a/ ----/ t---/."
Old 02-23-2006, 07:13 AM   #1533
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
"h"s, please.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:19 AM   #1534
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and L, please.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #1535
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

D,T, S, A, H, L

"A/ --ll-/ ---d/ -a--/," (.....) "a-d/ th-/ --st/ -/ ha--/ h-a-d/ ---/ a/ l---/ t---/."
Old 02-23-2006, 09:10 AM   #1536
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"n's?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #1537
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
R
Old 02-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #1538
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

D,T, S, A, H, L, R, N

"A/ --ll-/ ---d/ -arn/," (.....) "and/ th-/ --st/ -/ ha--/ h-ard/ --r/ a/ l-n-/ t---/."
Old 02-24-2006, 01:27 AM   #1539
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
'A jolly good yarn,' he said, 'and the best I have heard for a long time.'
"He" being the mer-dog, speaking of Roverandom's story.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #1540
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yes, well done Esty! I thought that that one was rather obscure.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:11 AM   #1541
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a chain of short sentences:
Quote:
--'- ---- -- ----! --- -'- ---- --- ---. - ----- ----- ---. -- --- ------. --- ------, --- ----- ---.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #1542
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

S please (oh, princess Fiona is back! )
Old 02-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #1543
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"o"s, please.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #1544
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S O

--'s -o-- -- --s-! --- -'- ---- -o- o--. - ----- ----- ---. -- --s ------. -oo ------, -o- ----- s--.

(Fiona was never really gone; my previous avatar was a combination of her and Estelyn - Fionelyn, so to say.)
Old 02-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #1545
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about N's ?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #1546
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S O N

--'s -on- -- --s-! -n- -'- ---- -o- on-. - n---- ----- ---. -- --s ------. -oo n-----, -o- ----- s--.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:43 AM   #1547
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Must have some T, after all!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #1548
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Invitation to T

--'s -on- -t --st! -n- -'- ---- -o- on-. - n---- ----- ---. -- --s --t---. Too n-----, -o- ----t s--.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #1549
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"e"s, please.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #1550
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N O T E S

-e's -one -t --st! -n- -'- ---- -o- one. - ne-e- ---e- ---. -e --s --t---. Too n----e, -o- ----t s--.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #1551
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"He's gone at last! And I'm glad for one. I never liked him. He was artful. Too nimble, you might say."

Nokes about Alf Prentice at the very end of the story!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #1552
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Very good, and very right! Your turn, Guinevere.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #1553
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you Esty!

"--/ --/ -------/, -/ --/ -------/. ---/ -----/ ---/ -----/ ---------/ --/ ---/ -/ ---/ -----/ ---/ ---/ -----/; ---/ -----/ ---/ ---/, -------/."
Old 02-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #1554
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N-y Ns?
Old 02-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #1555
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"--/ --/ -----n-/, -/ --/ -------/. ---/ -----/ ---/ -----/ --n------/ --/ ---/ -/ --n/ ---n-/ ---/ ---/ -----/; ---/ -----/ ---/ ---/, -------/."
Old 02-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #1556
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"r"s, please.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #1557
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"--/ --/ -----n-/, -/ --/ -------/. ---/ ----r/ ---/ -----/ --n--r---/ --/ ---/ -/ --n/ ---n-/ ---/ ---/ -----/; ---/ -----/ --r/ ---/, --r----/."
Old 03-01-2006, 02:37 AM   #1558
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time - no matter what other letters I try to keep the thread from being boring and predictable, T is still the one that helps most, at least most of the time!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:08 AM   #1559
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T is served

"--/ --/ -----n-/, -/ --/ -------/. ---/ --t-r/ ---/ t----/ --nt-r---/ t-/ ---/ -/ --n/ ---n-/ ---/ ---/ -----/; --t/ -----/ --r/ ---/, --r----/."
Old 03-01-2006, 07:07 AM   #1560
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmmm - S, please.