The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #1681
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
How about this one:

"------/, ----/ ---/ ----" (........) "---/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ -----/ -------/ ------/ --/ ----/ --/ ----!"
Old 04-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #1682
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Pleassse ssstart with ssssome Sssss, preciousss.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #1683
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"------/, ----/ ---/ ----" (........) "---/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ----/ ----/ ---/ s----/ -------/ --s---/ --/ --s-/ --/ ----!"
Old 04-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #1684
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
S T

T-time again...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #1685
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"--t---/, ----/ ---/ ----" (........) "---/ ----/ ---/ ----/ --t-/ ----/ ---/ s---t/, -------/ --s---/ -t/ --st/ t-/ ---t!"
Old 04-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #1686
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T R

R there any Rs?
Old 04-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #1687
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"--tr--/, --r-/ ---/ ----" (........) "---/ ----/ ---/ ----/ --t-/ ----/ ---/ s---t/, ----r--/ --s-r-/ -t/ --st/ t-/ ---t!"
Old 04-09-2006, 05:57 AM   #1688
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T A R

Maybe a vowel will be our superstar! A please.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #1689
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Who knows..

"A-tr--/, --r-/ a--/ ----" (........) "a--/ -a--/ a--/ ----/ --t-/ ----/ a--/ s---t/, ----r--/ --s-r-/ at/ -ast/ t-/ ---t!"
Old 04-12-2006, 06:48 AM   #1690
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Itroun is speaking:
Quote:
"Aotrou, lord and love" she cries,
all hail and life both long and sweet,
wherein desire at last to meet!"
Old 04-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #1691
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Correct, of course!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:38 AM   #1692
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a new quote to locate:
Quote:
----- --- ----- - ---- ----, - ----- ---- --- ------
Old 04-19-2006, 03:21 AM   #1693
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Let's start with A, please.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:31 AM   #1694
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A+

----- --- ---a- a -a-- ----, - ----- ---- --- --a---
Old 04-19-2006, 03:52 AM   #1695
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N please
Old 04-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #1696
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

"m"s?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #1697
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A - no M or N

----- --- ---a- a -a-- ----, - ----- ---- --- --a---

Sorry!
Old 04-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #1698
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Please give me some T to get over this disappointing news!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #1699
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"r"s?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #1700
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A R - no M, N, or T

----- --- ---a- a -a-r --r-, - ----- ---- --- --ar-r

Sorry about the delay - I was at a most interesting German Tolkien seminar over the weekend! Wish I could offer you T to atone, but no T-time this round!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #1701
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about E's ?
Old 04-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #1702
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"s"s?
Old 04-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #1703
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A R + E S

----- --- s-ea- a -a-r --r-, - ----- ---e --- -ear-r
Old 04-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #1704
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hm.... O perhaps ?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #1705
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+o

-o--- -o- s-ea- a -a-r -or-, - -o--- -o-e -o- -ear-r
Old 04-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #1706
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

D please
Old 04-24-2006, 03:04 PM   #1707
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ D

-o--d -o- s-ea- a -a-r -ord, - -o--d -o-e -o- dear-r
Old 04-25-2006, 06:18 AM   #1708
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

It looks like :"Would you speak a fair word, I would love you dearer."
but I have no idea who says this. Perhaps Tuor knows?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 AM   #1709
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Verry close, Guinevere! Change the first letter, then you have the exact quote - and it'll be easier to find.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:42 PM   #1710
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Boots Found it!

It's Tom Bombadil to the old swan:

"Could you speak a fair word, I would love you dearer:
long neck and dumb throat, but still a haughty sneerer!"
Old 04-26-2006, 01:27 AM   #1711
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Not exactly fair words from good ol' TB, are they?! But you deserve fair words for finding it - I know it's not one of the best known lines. Your turn.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #1712
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Esty! You always find fair words!

The next one might be applied to the quotes for this game...

"-'-/ -------/ --/ ----/ ----/ ---/ -'--/ ------/ ---/ ----/ -/ ----/ ---/ --/ ----/ --/."
Old 04-26-2006, 10:30 AM   #1713
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

D, please
Old 04-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #1714
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
'a"s, please.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #1715
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-'-/ -------/ --/ ----/ ----/ a-d/ -'--/ ------/ ---/ ----/ -/ ---d/ ---/ --/ ----/ --/."
Old 04-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #1716
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

M?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:00 PM   #1717
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

MAD

"-'m/ -------/ m-/ ----/ ----/ a-d/ -'--/ ------/ ---/ ----/ -/ ---d/ ---/ --/ ----/ m-/."
Old 04-27-2006, 01:43 AM   #1718
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S please
Old 04-27-2006, 07:08 AM   #1719
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"i"s, please.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #1720
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

MAIDS

"I'm/ ----i--/ m-/ ---s/ ----/ a-d/ I'--/ ----s-/ ---/ ----/ I/ -i-d/ ---/ --/ s-i-/ m-/."