The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #161
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Mormegil:
Suspected- Perky, arctic
Voted for- Day 1: Perky
Day 2: Arctic

Formendacil:
Suspected- Sauce, Azaelia, Perky
Voted for-Day 1: Marcolie
Day 2: Azaelia

Wilwarin:
Suspected- Perky
Day 2: Perky

Saucepan:
Suspected- Perky, arctic, Azaelia, Boromir, Eomer (though less than the rest)

Eomer:
Suspected- Sauce
Voted for- Day 1: Azaelia
Day 2: Sauce

Arcticstorm:
Suspected- Alcarillo, Azaelia, Wilwarin, mormegil
Voted for- Day 1: No one

Alcarillo:
Suspected- Perky
Voted for- Day 1: Gil-galad

Abercrombie:
Suspected- Sauce, Wilwa, morm, Cailin
Voted for- Day 1: No one
Day 2: arctic

Marcolie:
Suspected- Perky, arctic, Alcarillo
Voted for- Day 1: arcticstorm
Day 2: Azaelia

Cailin:
Suspected- arctic, Eomer
Voted for- Day 1: arcticstorm

Azaelia:
Suspected- arcticstorm, Perky
Voted for- Day 1: Gil-galad
Day 2:Sauce

I definitely think a wolf was in Perky's lynching. Which means...
Alcarillo
Wilwarin (you forgot her arctic)
Cailin
SpM
arcticstorm

Now I'm strongly suspicious of three people in this group, Alcarillo, Sauce, and arctic. I'm more incline to believe Alcarillo or arctic at this point, over Sauce. (I'm going to change from my first post).

Alcarillo's gotten his hands dirty in the lynching of innocents twice and arctic I've explained earlier. I don't think 3 wolves would all vote the same this early on. It's a very bold double bluff to try to pull off, but it would give them no room to move around or free themselves.

Azaelia and Marcolie seem to follow along with other suspects. Which could mean they are a wolf, are a target for the wolves therefor the ex-cursed, or were innocent villagers convinced by arguments.

I got a bad feeling about Eomer, if you want to know scrounge through posts yesterday and try to find it. I wish to not incriminate anyone.

So, to date:
1) arctic
2) Alcarillo
3) Eomer/Sauce
4) Azaelia/Marcolie

Ok, so who is are possible victim yesterday, I will fill in my thoughts tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #162
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
In the meantime, might I ask why you suddenly voted for me out of the blue yester-Day, Boro?
I had voiced suspicions prior. I said I most likely wouldn't vote for you unless you start lynching innocents, but I had a change of mind. I didn't latch on to Eomer, I feel you may be a danger, and still are, but between you, arctic, or Perky yesterday (I remind you yesterday, my thoughts have changed today) I felt you were the most suspicious.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #163
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
*sigh*

Alas, I come from my studies and find that a third of us are now hiding furry feelings of murder.
I don't trust myself to word feeling correctly, since I've been half asleep all day and have a headache, as well as having to be amoung the sick. Tomarrow though, I'll definitally be able to analyze everything.

Judging off of feelings top suspects.
1. Azelia
2. artic
3.Eomer
4. someone who was an easy kill...Cailin perhaps?

Sorry about not being able to say more now
Old 10-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #164
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Azaelia and Marcolie seem to follow along with other suspects. Which could mean they are a wolf, are a target for the wolves therefor the ex-cursed, or were innocent villagers convinced by arguments.
At least in my case, you hit the nail on the head with the last point. I am innocent, I was just convinced by arguments. I don't think I was a wolf target. I'm under too much suspicion for them to decide to kill me. I'm probably doing them a favor right now by drawing attention to myself.

Marcolie, what "feelings" are you basing your suspicion of me off of? I don't like being in a situation where I give people a "bad feeling" because there is no way to defend myself from that, other than to say that the feeling is misplaced.

It's getting late for me here, and I am not thinking my best. I will "see" you all tomorrow (in RL time, not WW time).
Old 10-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #165
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

OK, time for some thoughts.

Let’s look at the voting on Day 1.

It has been suggested that a Wolf probably voted for Gil. Out of those who voted for Gil, only Azaelia and Alcarillo remain alive. I do still wonder whether Gil would have been top of the Wolves “lynch list”. I suspect that they would rather have kept him around for a few Days, since he would have acted as a kind of “insurance policy” for them on a subsequent Days. That said, I certainly do not discount the possibility that a Wolf voted for Gil on Day 1.

What is more interesting about the voting on Day 1 is that it was well spread out until about half-way through the voting. With 7 Villagers attracting votes, I am sure that at least one of them was a Wolf. Those who attracted votes on Day 1 were (excluding those no longer with us):

Marcolie Lamen
Azaelia
Wilwarin
Arcticstorm
SpM

Now, when all of these Villagers (plus Perky and Gil) had one vote each, I am sure that one of the Wolves and quite possibly two will have come in to steer the voting away from the Wolf that I believe to be on that list. They will have voted for Gil, Perky or (assuming that he is not a Wolf) arcticstorm.

Wilwarin and I voted for Perky. Shelob, Perky and Alcarillo voted for Gil (but we can obviously discount Shelob and Perky). Marcolie Lamen voted for arcticstorm.

On that basis, I would conclude that one and quite probably two of the following are Wolves:

Marcolie Lamen
Azaelia
Wilwarin
Arcticstorm
Alcarillo

(Yes, I know that my reasoning also points to me, but I know that I am not a Wolf.)

It’s unlikely that both Azaelia and Alcarillo are Wolves, as I would have expected them to spread their votes between diferent Villagers.

So then we come to Day 2 voting.

Eomer launches in first with a strong attack on me. He is fierce and passionate but in my view somewhat over the top. He accuse me of having picked on him and having gone for him when, in my view, I did no such thing. This does seem a rather risky way for a Wolf to behave, but Eomer is undoubtedly one of those who could pull off such a bold move as a Wolf.

Eomer’s vote, together with Perky and articstorm having been in the frame from the precious Day’s voting (and, in arcticstorm’s case, his failure to vote), meant that there were really only ever three candidates for lynching on Day 2. That’s a shame because it means that the voting tells us less than it might otherwise. But so be it.

As I will explain later, I am currently inclined to view arcticstorm as innocent (or at least as innocent up until last Night). I know that I am. So, as far as I am concerned, the only likely candidates for lynching on Day 2 were all innocents. Therefore no need for the Wolves to put in any saving votes. They could concentrate on one or two people that they wanted to see lynched. I believe that I am one of those. Hence, I consider that at least one of those who voted for me is a Wolf, namely:

Eomer
Boromir88
Azaelia

I also believe that at least one Wolf voted for Perky. That implicates:

Wilwarin
Alcarillo
Cailin
Arcticstorm
SpM

Since I don’t believe that, at that point, either arcticstorm or Cailin were Wolves and I most certainly am not, that leaves Alcarillo and wilwarin.

Assuming, again, that the Wolves spread their votes out (and they could certainly afford to), the third Wolf would have voted for either arcticstorm or Azaelia (possibly a “safe” Wolf-on-Wolf vote). Those people are:

Mormegil
Abercrombie
Marcolie Lamen
Formendacil

So why am I inclined to believe that arcticstorm and Cailin are (or at least were) innocent? Because, if they were Wolves, I would have expected them to vote for me rather than Perky, as I picked up no indication that Perky was the Ranger and I doubt that the Wolves did either. By voting for Perky in order to save me, Cailin and arcticstorm were putting themselves in a very precarious position since, when Perky was proved innocent, they were likely to come under suspicion, even moreso as both of them had earlier expressed doubts as to Perky’s guilt. It’s possible that a Wolfish arcticstorm would have thought that a vote for Perky would be more likely to save him, but I somehow doubt that. He knew that Cailin had already voted for Perky and he knew that I was likely to. So I just don’t see Wolves acting in the way that arcticstorm and Cailin did at the end of yester-Day.

So, taking the two Days’ voting together, I believe that the three original Wolves will be found amongst the following groupings:

Either Azaelia, Boromir88 or Eomer

Either wilwarin or Alcarillo

Either mormegil or Marcolie Lamen

I have not included Formendacil or Abercrombie, as I don’t real have much of a handle on them at the moment. I do tend to think, however, that a Wolf would not have acted as Formendacil did on Day 1.

At this stage, I am finding it difficult to pinpoint it any more than that.

OK. I know what you are thinking. Sauce’s reasoning relies almost entirely on him being innocent. Well, of course it does. That’s because I am innocent silly . But I don’t expect you to take my word for it. My reasons for setting all this out are partly to order my own thoughts and partly to assist the remaining innocents, should I either be lynched to-Day or be set upon by Wolves to-Night. Oh, and it may help other innocents to order their own thoughts, whether or not they share my conclusions.

As for wilwa’s idea that we try looking for the fourth Wolf by considering who the Wolves were likely to have attacked last Night, there may well be some merit in it. Of course, I know I was not attacked but, even if you do not take my word for it, consider whether they would have attacked someone who was likely to be in the firing line to-Day. For what it’s worth, I think that the following would have been the most likely victims (assuming that they were not already Wolves):

Mormegil
Boromir88
Cailin

Possibly Eomer too, although they may have thought that he would have come under suspicion to-Day, or that he would be useful in furthering suspicion of me.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:00 PM   #166
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
T'is a sad day. No one died, t'is true, but an innocent has been taken from us regardless. He or she who was once as innocent as a lamb is now as perilous as any of the fiends who attack us. I have been mulling it over, and here are my suspicions:

Mormegil: Mormegil attracts the least of my worry. He cannot be the Seer, though, since he would not have voted for Perky on Day 1 and still suspected him on Day 2. It's possible that he's been playing a clever game, but I do not see him as an original werewolf, and I don't see him as the mostly likely target.

Wilwarin: Wilwarin attracts my suspicion. She voted for Perky two days in sucession, and is plainly cleared of being the Seer on that score, for she would likely have known that he was the Ranger. Wilwarin seems like a likely Wolf to me, but not as the Cursed One.

Saucepan: For the same reasons as Wilwa, I think that Saucey may be a Wolf- but not the Cursed One. He talks a great deal, and casts suspicions on pretty much everybody, but does little to definitely convict any of them until he sees which way the wind is blowing. The question is, is it harmless chatter or dangerous motives?

Eomer: I don't think that Eomer was an original Werewolf. But if Sauce and Wilwa WERE two of the culprits, then he maybe the new Werewolf, thanks to the opposition he put up, especially to Sauce.

Arcticstorm: Arcticstrom seems suspicious to me. He kept a low profile the first day, and helped vote Perky off yesterday. Again, I do not think him the Cursed One.

Alcarillo: If Alcarillo was a Werewolf, he's hidden it well. Nothing he's done yet has set off a Werewolf warning in my mind, although he may simply be staying undercover fairly well. He doesn't seem like a Cursed One candidate.

Abercrombie: This young lady doesn't seem like the Cursed One to me, nor a Werewolf. But I'm putting her down as a backup Werewolf. She might be the undercover one. Voting for Arctic yesterday may have been a front...

Marcolie: Marcolie was the victim of my first, random, vote, but thus far there is no evidence that that vote had anything going for it other than random. I don't think that she was a Werewolf. I'm almost certain that she wasn't the Cursed One- unless the Wolves decided to go for an unknown rather than a loudmouth.

Cailin: Much the same as Marcolie. I have nothing yet against her that would suggest she is a werewolf. But her vote for Perky yesterday is a sore spot...

Azaelia: I suspected her yesterday, and I still do. However, her voting record means that if she's a werewolf, then Sauce probably isn't. Still, she could also have been the Cursed One.

Boromir88: Mostly out from under my suspicion, Boro could still be the Cursed One. He strikes me as a major target for the Wolves, if he was innocent.

Now, I obviously consider myself innocent. As a matter of fact, I am innocent, but that is going to be rather difficult to prove, now isn't it?

My suspicions lie strongest on Azaelia, Arcticstorm, the Saucepan Man, and Wilwarin. I doubt if those exact four are the four werewolves, but statistically speaking, one or two of them ought to be...
Old 10-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #167
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I got a bad feeling about Eomer, if you want to know scrounge through posts yesterday and try to find it. I wish to not incriminate anyone.
Interesting that you should say that, Boro. I wonder whether you may have picked up on the same thing that I did as I mused over the proceedings to date last Night. I wasn't going to say anything, not yet anyway. And I am most certainly not going to point anyone towards it because, like Boro, I don't wish to incriminate anyone.

But your comment certainly goes a long way towards lessening my suspicions of you, Boro.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #168
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
A third of us are wolves? The game is getting dangerous. We must think like the wolves if we're going to catch the cursed one, at least. So who would the wolves kill?

1. A useful person, on the loud side, without whom the village would have a difficult time catching wolves. Cailin, Saucepan Man, Boro, and all the loud ones. Unfortunately, if we lynch one of these people and he/she turns out to be innocent, we have lost a valuable member of the village.

or

2. A quiet person, whose death would probably not help the village make any plans. Myself, Marcolie, a few others fall into this category.

The problem is knowing which sort of people the wolves go after. I tend to think of the first category, which Shelob fell into, is what the wolves would want to eliminate first, and especially last night, when the ranger was gone. The ex-cursed could also be somebody people would be hesitant to lynch. Saucepan Man or Boro or another with little to no suspicion could certainly be the ex-cursed. Somebody with a good voting record could also be the new wolf. However, if we do lynch one and he turns out to be innocent, our village has suffered a grievous loss. If we let him live and he is a wolf, then his influence is surely a very grave danger.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #169
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
The ex-cursed could also be somebody people would be hesitant to lynch. Saucepan Man or Boro or another with little to no suspicion could certainly be the ex-cursed.
I wish it were so, but I hardly think that, after yester-Day's events, I fit the description of one with "little or no suspicion".

I agree that we may be going down a very dangerous path if we try to second guess who the Wolves would have gone for last Night. I think that we have a much better chance of spotting one of the three original Wolves from the evidence accumulated over the past two Days' comments and votes.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #170
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

So they got the cursed? Oh dear...

I think Wilwa's hit on something good with trying to rationalize who the wolves would've killed last night.

At the end of the day yesterday, people who were looking suspicious were (and not just on my suspicious list, on everyone's):

Azaelia
Boromir
Marcolie
Wilwarin
Saucepan Man
Mormegil
Eomer

So what does this tell us? This is like half the village.

I do think though, that they would've tried to keep a few of these people around, which means we can cross them off as the cursed. (Keep in mind I'm just talking about the newest addition to the wolf family, any of these people might very well be wolves.)

Azaelia and Wilwarin are both very similar players in my mind. They are both also very suspicious, what with their frequent posts and infrequent reasoning. I can pretty much write them off as not being the cursed, they seem far too likely for wolf fodder.

The same goes for Marcolie, she barely posted at all yesterday, which is sure to be suspicious and wolves would not want to kill her off.

So I'm left with Boromir, Saucepan Man, Mormegil and Eomer. And of these four, it seems to me the two most likely candidates for wolvery are Saucepan Man and Mormegil.

They are both loud and smart; they're both players that, if killed the wolves would benefit from it. The only other person that I can include in this category is Cailin, who from what I saw yesterday, is a capable player and if she's been consistently mentioning names of wolves, probably would have been killed.

So of the possibilities for Cursed, I think these three are the ones we should focus on:
Saucepan Man
Mormegil
Cailin.

I've not the time to look at who might be the three old wolves, but tomorrow I'll return.

crossposted with SPM, Alcarillo
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:56 PM   #171
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

The more I think about this, the more I think that this suggestion of looking for the "ex-Cursed" is a very bad idea. It diverts us away from looking for the original three Wolves and presents the Wolves with a perfect opportunity to lead us into lynching yet another innocent. And even if we were to find the fourth Wolf, it would tell us little if anything about the identity of the original three Wolves, because that person will have been thinking and voting like an innocent up 'til now. If, on the other hand, we catch one of the original three, there is likely to be some kind of a trail that we can follow to the other two.

I suspect that there is a Wolfish plot going on here to divert us away from finding the original three.

And if that makes you think that I am the fourth Wolf, well you are wrong, but I am willing to take that risk in order to offer what I consider to be good counsel.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #172
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
The more I think about this, the more I think that this suggestion of looking for the "ex-Cursed" is a very bad idea. It diverts us away from looking for the original three Wolves and presents the Wolves with a perfect opportunity to lead us into lynching yet another innocent. And even if we were to find the fourth Wolf, it would tell us little if anything about the identity of the original three Wolves, because that person will have been thinking and voting like an innocent up 'til now. If, on the other hand, we catch one of the original three, there is likely to be some kind of a trail that we can follow to the other two.
On the flip side of the coin, however, if we find the Cursed One by deducing who would likely have been taken yesterday, we would learn WHY they were taken, and thus WHO was likely to have taken them.

After all, we can learn the pattern of the murderers by the crimes they commit. The attacking of the Cursed One is merely the third murder, botched.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:07 PM   #173
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
On the flip side of the coin, however, if we find the Cursed One by deducing who would likely have been taken yesterday, we would learn WHY they were taken, and thus WHO was likely to have taken them.
Well, think what you will. But I fail to see why identifying the intended victim should tell us a great deal about the identities of the attempted murderers. After all, the Wolves were acting on the basis that their "victim" would be revealed and they would therefore have targetted someone who would not point too much suspicion towards them.

After a Day or two, however, there will be the beginnings of a trail leading from the fourth Wolf to the others, since they will have been working together for some time.

I still say that we focus on the original three, at least for to-Day.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:28 PM   #174
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
But I fail to see why identifying the intended victim should tell us a great deal about the identities of the attempted murderers. After all, the Wolves were acting on the basis that their "victim" would be revealed and they would therefore have targetted someone who would not point too much suspicion towards them.
I think we are forgetting that the wolves main target would be the seer. So if we could think who they would think the seer is then we would know who that person suspected and what made the wolves kille him/her. The major problem with this whole thing though is we won't know, if we kill a wolf, whether of not they were the fourth wolf. But in my thinking Cailin is most likely candidate for the fourth wolf. She seemed a lot like Shelob to me.

Quote:
I still say that we focus on the original three, at least for to-Day.
considering all the difficulties I agree.

I will try and review everything said and post more later.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:46 PM   #175
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Narya

I don't really have much time to explain reasoning here, after spending hours reading through all that has been said, but I think I have a decent top 5 suspect list. This is in no particular order.

1. Eomer
2. Alcarillo
3. Azaelia
4. Saucepan Man
5. Marcolie

I wouldn't be surprised if 3 wolves were in that list. But now I need to decide which one to vote for.

Much of the reason I suspect them has already been stated so I won't repeat that but on SpM onpost 165 he is rather emphatic in his assertion that he is innocent. I believe I counted at least 4 times his expression that he is innocent, a very uncharacteristic thing for SpM to do. This makes me view him as the fourth wolf. I will review what has been said when I wake up (RL) and take into consideration all of it.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:59 AM   #176
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Uh oh. The Cursed has been found. The odds are slowly turning against us, out of 12 players, there are now 4 wolves among us.

I was most relieved to see I had survived the night, because I figured I’d be an easy kill, since I was not really high on anyone’s suspect list. But the wolves must have gone for someone else. Now, we can spend hours debating on who this might have been (likely candidates being Boro, SpM, Formendacil or Mormegil, assuming they were innocent before) but we will - especially since a third of us are now wolfish, probably not figure it out and end up lynching a helpful innocent.

So, let’s get back to the original wolves...

Mormegil - I’m not sure about him. I’m inclined to trust him for now, since I agree with most of what he has been saying toDay and yesterDay. It is true, he voted for Perky on day one and still suspected him strongly the next day, but he’s really not the only one who has a voting record against him.

Formendacil - Far too quiet to trust.

Wilwarin - I think Wilwa might be one of our wolves here. She attracted some suspicion during the last few days, but never quite enough to get her in any real danger. When we started suspecting her, it was together with the other quiet villager Azaelia, but now Azaelia is the only one still really on our radar. It’s hard to explain, but if Azaelia is innocent, I think Wilwarin is definitely someone to look at.

Saucepan Man - I trusted him yesterDay (which is pretty obvious when you look at the way I voted) and still am pretty much convinced he at least wasn’t an original wolf.

Eomer - He’s very likely getting my vote today. I just don’t trust him. His behavior on Day 1, which I brought up yesterday, he only deflected by attacking SpM in a most passionate way. If you look closer at the evidence we have against him... And then look closer at how little suspicion he has attracted even despite that... That is the mark of a wolf, and a clever one.

Arcticstorm - I trust arcticstorm far more than yesterDay, but I don’t think he’s entirely cleared just yet. I very much hope he turns out to be a wolf, so we weren’t wrong about everything. On the other hand, he voted for Perky, following me, more or less because I asked him to (yeah, that was an oops), which would be risking thing to do if he were a wolf indeed.

Alcarillo - Might be wolfish. I really dislike quiet people, since I am unable to conjure up any evidence against them

AbercrombieofRohan - Someone who has not attracted much suspicion yet, but we should not forget about. She did not vote the first day, but claimed she would have voted Perky (not really such a great excuse now, huh?) and steadily votes for Perky the next day.

Marcolie - I said I’d be keeping an eye on you, but I failed miserably. I seriously distrust you now, especially since you voted so strangely yesterday. Certainly, Azaelia was on most people’s suspect list by then, especially after Perky bravely decided to reveal himself, but it’s a very easy vote, for you are not suffering from post-Day 2 trauma right now, as most of us secretly are.

Azaelia - I do not think she’s a wolf. She has been attracting suspicion since Day 1, yesterDay at the end of voting time, everybody suddenly believed her to be furry and evil. Sure, she has a little explaining to do, but I’m one of those crazy ones who think that the more suspicion people attract from the beginning, the more likely they are innocents.

Boromir - I had him very high on my suspect list for a while, because he seemed mostly to be following Eomer, who everyone knows I distrust. His posts today, however, seem more helpful and far more innocent. I think he might be the Cursed. He still may be a wolf. But I am very ready to admit most of the negative vibes I get from him are due to his inappropriate avatar ^^

My suspect list, as of now:

1) Eomer
2) Marcolie / AbercrombieofRohan
3) Wilwa / Boromir
4) Formendacil

*waiting for everyone to wake up*
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:34 AM   #177
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Wonderful. Guardian gone, cursed transformed. I suppose the Seer will go tonight.

I'm not at all sure who might have been the Cursed villager, but Cailín is one of the original wolves. I noticed this as I lay in bed, fearful, last night.

I'll explain her wolvish ways momentarily.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:47 AM   #178
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I think we are forgetting that the wolves main target would be the seer.
I had not forgotten that. I just do not think it helpful in the least to speculate openly who the Seer may or may not be or who the Wolves may have thought that the Seer was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
... on SpM onpost 165 he is rather emphatic in his assertion that he is innocent. I believe I counted at least 4 times his expression that he is innocent, a very uncharacteristic thing for SpM to do.
Very observant, morm. In normal circumstances, you would be correct. But much of the reasoning in that post is based on the fact that I am innocent, and it was therefore necessary to state the fact where appropriate to show the (attempted) logic of my reasoning (and also to avoid the inevitable accusations that I had deliberately omitted myself from categories of suspicious villager into which I fell myself).

Now I have some work to do. Trees don’t chop themselves down, you know. I will try to return during my lunch break and set out my thoughts on each of my remaining fellow villagers.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:52 AM   #179
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield The Case Against Cailín

#119. Eomer claims this about Cailín:

"...Cailín thinks it would be ridiculous for Innocent-Eomer to attack The Saucepan Man"

and then goes on to argue exactly why it's not ridiculous.

#121. Cailín claims that Eomer is twisting her words. What she actually said was this:

"He [Eomer] states he would never pick a fight with SpM if he's a wolf. Ridiculous."

and chides Eomer: "Read again, sweetie."

Well, noble villagers, let me ask you to make up your own minds. Here is exactly what Cailín said in that first troublesome post – #116:

"He states he would never pick a fight with SpM if he's a wolf. Ridiculous. He would never have attacked SpM were he an innocent."

Is that correct? Was I right about that implication all along? Did she forget what she herself had typed? Is she actually saying that no innocent has the right to attack The Saucepan Man?

Cailín just lied. She hoped that you wouldn't notice; she hoped that I would be too timid to respond. Cailín's lie, which she told in her post #121, is audacious and very bold indeed.

It looks to me as if Cailín and The Saucepan Man are on the same side. Probably both, but certainly one of them, is a werewolf. Why they picked my contributions to corrupt and defile I don't know, but they did. Just as well I have my eyes open.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 10-04-2005 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Missing letters
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:48 AM   #180
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm sorry, but since when does poor use of the English language make someone a wolf?

What I was trying to say was: it's ridiculous to think Wolf-Eomer would never attack The Saucepan Man. He would sooner not attack him if he were innocent. But anyway, let each make up his own mind as to who is in the right here. This lie, fierce attack, badly expressed sentence or whatever you wish to call it is in my opinion a trifle matter anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Is she actually saying that no innocent has the right to attack The Saucepan Man?
Really now. That would be a bold thing to imply. Every innocent has the right to attack anyone. You, however, are no innocent and have no rights whatsoever.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:02 AM   #181
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

So just what does "He would never have attacked SpM were he an innocent" mean, exactly, if not that innocents would not attack SpM?

Maybe you didn't directly link the word ridiculous to the following sentence, but the implication covered both following and preceding sentences. Even if you didn't say I was ridiculous you did clearly imply that I was wrong.

Poor use of the English language, you say? Nay Cailín, you sly bundle of sweetness and deceit, you are clearly too clever to make such a mistake.

At this stage I would also point out that Cailín's accusations of me are generally of the "You just are!" variety. I'll cite sources momentarily.

And I'll also deal with Saucepan Man's riposte momentarily.

Edit to Add: I'll actually deal with SpM later. Work calls me.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 10-04-2005 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 AM   #182
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Cailín's biting arguments against Eomer

#98. Claims that I started my own 'Formendacil-is-evil' campaign. What I actually did was agree with SpM and said that Form's behaviour is "worrying".

Claims that I tried to start a bandwagon against those with empty posts, namely wilwa and Azaelia. What I actually did was point out that they could prove unhelpful. I agreed with SpM on this point... I wonder where Cailín's suspicion of SpM is?

And here's one of Cailín's better pieces of evidence (SpM seemed worried by this too): "[Eomer is] very much in control of himself and there's a definite tactical thoughtfulness in each of his posts" Because only wolves have controlled and thoughtful natures, right?

#116. Claims that my attack on SpM is "desperate". Why, Cailín asks, would I viciously attack someone who most likely wasn't going to the gallows? I reply: Wasn't SpM third on the suspect list that Day? I'm not sure. Anyway, Cailín had a point here: Why should I choose someone else to argue against? Why did I not jump on a bandwagon? Why not indeed...

#126. (To Boromir) "Are you sure you wish to be in league with a suicidal wolf?" (To which Boromir made a pretty funny 'What are you talking about?' response).

#176. Says that I only deflected suspicion by attacking Saucepan Man, but it should be clear that I was only able to attack SpM by defending myself. Read the post again if you like; it's all there. Says that there is a lot of evidence against Eomer but not too much suspicion. This is a monstrous claim. There is too much suspicion on me, when you balance it with the amount of 'evidence' against me.

#180. Eomer is apparently no innocent and has no rights.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:22 AM   #183
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

If we are going to be looking for who was targetted, I can come out and say It wasn't me. I'm not the cursed, I'm not a wolf, I'm not the hunter, I'm not the Seer, just an ordinary villager. I'm surprised I wasn't targetted yesterday, but here's some reasons why...

1) They think I'm the Hunter, which is foolish, because I'm not.

2) They don't think I'm the Seer, and they shouldn't or it would even be more foolish.

3) I think I'm on the right trail. If I was wrong, I think I would have been targetted yesterday, to set up those who I suspected. So that tells me I think one of these three are a wolf...arctic, Alcarillo, SpM, and if we put in Eomer, I probably have 2/4. If the wolves kill me, that would point suspicion to those I suspected, so since I'm not dead yet (nor have I met any new friends) that tells me I'm right.

Who was targetted yesterday? Well, from what we know wolves like to set people up. Like on Day 1, they killed Shelob who suspected and voted for Perky, so they could set up Perky for the lynching. So lets see who are prime suspects were yesterday, and see who the wolves may have gone after.

I would say these people were the prime suspicions yesterday.
arctic
Sauce
Azaelia

So, the wolves were probably trying to set up one of these three people for lynching today. Right now, I think the person most likely (that if he wasn't a wolf) would have been set up by the wolves, because it would be too dangerous to kill him would be Sauce.

So, who suspected Sauce yesterday?
Boromir88
Formendacil
Eomer
Abercrombie

It wasn't me yesterday, take it or leave it. I'm being straightforward and blunt. I got nothing to hide for I'm neither a gifted nor a wolf, all you would get out of my death is ordinary blood.

So excluding myself, since I think Eomer is a wolf hiding in that group they got either Abercrombie or Formendacil. I'm more inclined to believe Formendacil at this point, because Formendacil doesn't post a whole lot and doesn't give us a lot to go off of.

Anyway those are my thoughts assuming that if Sauce was innocent those were the people who would have been killed by the wolves yesterday. At this point, I think this was the case, if Sauce is innocent the wolves would more likely try to lynch him then wanting to kill him.

So, if arctic's innocent and the wolves are trying to set him up...
Mormegil
Sauce
Cailin
Azaelia
Marcolie

So who would have been the most likely target here? I'm too suspicious of Sauce, Azaelia and Marcolie right now, they may very well be a wolf amongst them. Again, I don't think Sauce would have been one killed yesterday, because one he's either a wolf, or two he's innocent and to kill him would be too dangerous. They wouldn't wish to kill Sauce until he becomes a bigger thorn in their side (meaning catching a wolf).

So, Cailin or mormegil....hmmm I'm stumped here. I'm leaning more toward morm. Who can be a problem for the wolves, but right now he's left a small suspicion trail, and maybe wrong on his suspects, definitely on atleast one of them (Perky and arctic)

If Azaelia was being framed...

Those who suspected her...
Sauce
arcticstorm

Hmm, much smaller list to chose from. I've already said my thoughts on why Sauce probably didn't meet new buds yesterday (though he may very well already had friends). arctic, would be a choice similar to why the wolves would chose morm. If he was innocent, so far he's left not much of a trail to follow, I think he's wrong in a lot of his suspects, although there probably is a wolf in there (Suspects: Alcarillo, Azaelia, Wilwa, morm).

So, that leaves probably targets as:

Formendacil
Mormegil
arcticstorm

Though, I most likely will not go for who the ex-cursed was today, much more interested in finding a wolf, but if that helps anyone, maybe more light can be shed on the matter.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:06 AM   #184
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

OK, my thoughts on the other villagers will have to wait, because I think that we have found a Wolf. Nay, I do not think. I am certain of it.

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a Wolf. He always has been.

I know that I said that this was not a Day for hasty accusations and early votes, but with such certainty in my mind, I have no alternative but to set out the case against him so that others will hopefully see what I am now able to see.

He seized on my early suspicions of Formendacil on Day 1 and tried to create a bandwagon against someone who was not here to defend himself. When he saw that, quite sensibly, many villagers were prepared to give Formendacil the benefit of the doubt, he backtracked and categorised Formendacil’s early vote as a ploy, designed to stir things up. He claimed to have fallen for it himself. Of course, he had. That’s why he had to quickly backtrack.

When I called him out on it, he was all very amiable about it and pointed back to his earlier claim to have “rumbled” Formendacil’s ploy.

Nothing much changed concerning the Formendacil situation. Yet, on Day 2, Eomer came out fighting. He claimed that I had been picking on him. As I have already made clear, I had been doing no such thing. I had merely questioned why he was backtracking on his earlier suspicions of Formendacil. An entirely reasonable question to ask, I believe, and it featured among a number of thoughts concerning possible Wolfish behaviour that I expressed that Day.

My initial reaction was to believe Eomer innocent but misguided, because I felt that a Wolf would not take such an extreme position in response to what was simply a request on my part for him to explain his behaviour further. And when Boro (pretty much out of the blue) and then Azaelia followed suit and voted for me, I (wrongly I now believe) assumed that one of them was a Wolf, trying to use Eomer’s misguided but innocent (as I saw it then) accusation against me to get me lynched and then use that to go against Eomer.

But that was not the case. I had it right when I pointed out that Eomer’s early vote for me had put me in a precarious position. He had to come out strongly against me because, to have any chance of getting me lynched that Day, he had to pin me with the first vote of the Day. And he hoped that people’s seeming natural distrust of one, such as me, who is so vocal, would attract me a few more votes, possibly sufficient to condemn me. He nearly succeeded.

A bold move for a Wolf, definitely. But, as long as others voted for me, he would be in a position to deflect the criticism of me onto those others. Eomer is one of the villagers present who is more than capable of pulling that off.

Then there is the small matter of certain things that have been said concerning Eomer which convince me of his guilt. Unfortunately, I do not feel able to elaborate on this, but I hope (from his earlier comment) that Boro at least will know what I mean.

And the icing on the cake is Eomer’s vehement attack to-Day on Cailin (who is one of the villagers I suspect the least) based on the flimsiest of evidence. He has seized on a comment by Cailin which I regard as fairly innocuous (and most certainly not Wolfish). Cailin was merely saying that, in her opinion, Eomer was unlikely to have launched such a strong attack on me if he is innocent, but was more likely to have done so if he is a Wolf. Sentiments which I now agree with. He backs this up by asserting that Cailin’s suspicions of him are unfounded and that she is merely accusing him of being a Wolf without evidence to back her accusations up. Not so. Cailin has outlined why she suspects Eomer on a number of occasions. And if she suspects you so strongly, Eomer, she is quite within her rights to call you a Wolf. As I am doing now.

Eomer’s attack on Cailin is another bold move, particularly as she has not come under much suspicion. Again, however, it is something that Eomer would feel he had a good chance of pulling off. He also links Cailin and me, presenting a possible Wolf pairing to the village. A move, no doubt, designed to divert votes away from those who actually are Wolves. And also, I believe, there is some desperation creeping in as he is concerned that he is in danger of having his Wolfish nature unmasked to-Day (and I sincerely hope that it is). A bold move, therefore, for desperate times.

One further piece of evidence against Eomer. He makes very few accusations. Indeed, he makes one accusation per Day and sticks with it. Similarly, he has rarely, if at all, expressed a view on who he feels able to trust. Save for those he targets, he is leaving very little in the way of a trail.

So I’m going to make a bold move and vote right now.

++ EOMER OF THE ROHIRRIM

If Eomer is not a Wolf, I will eat my axe. Though I doubt I shall need to as, in the unlikely event that he proves innocent, I shall be facing the lynch mob. So be it. I am prepared to take that risk, as I am certain that I am right on this.

And I fully accept that this early vote is likely to attract a few votes for me to-Day. if I end up being lynched to-Day, I will be proven innocent, and you will know who to go against to-Morrow.

I would add that I doubt that more than one Wolf voted for me yester-Day, although it is possible. Nevertheless, my firm belief in Eomer’s guilt assuages my suspicions of Boro (further) and Azaelia.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #185
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Great Googly Moogly! There might be just the two options today, people. Let's see, let's see why Saucepan Man suspects me.

In between my initial suspicion of Formendacil and my retraction of that suspicion, a grand total of one villager (Cailín) suggested that suspicion of Formendacil was unwarranted. So when SpM states that 'many villagers' would not follow me and that that's what caused me to change my mind, he is lying. You see, because many and one are not quite the same thing now, are they Saucy? So that's one lie.

He says that I am unfairly accusing SpM of 'picking on me'. But I'll let the village be the judge; recall that SpM freely admitted to being antagonistic with me. Maybe 'picking on' is the wrong phrase as it implies a certain degree of uniqueness. Let's just call it bullying, shall we?

Apparently, I had to pin SpM with the first vote of the Day. Why? I could see that Perky Ent was being harrassed a great deal and that he would be a certain candidate for lynching. I actually had very little hope that we would be able to lynch you on Day Two. It didn't concern me, I wanted to get these thoughts in the air immediately. O, and my early vote said nothing as I didn't know that I would be back to hear your defence. I was only able to make one quick post later that Day.

SpM also suspects me because I do not say whom I trust. Get this: I don't trust anyone. I have absolutely no reason to.

By the way SpM, I've already outlined exactly why Cailín's arguments do not work. The two of you are pulling off a perfect little wolvish trick. I know very well you two have the trust of the village and that I don't; but I don't care. You two will not last. Whether it's today or tomorrow or the day after that, this village is going to kill you. Whether I'm there to see it is really irrelevant. The village still has the numbers advantage; they can afford to make one more mistake. Killing me would be that mistake. However, I would not criticise the village for choosing so. Your treachery is going to shock them.

++THE SAUCEPAN MAN

To the village and excluding The Saucepan Man, Cailín and their two allies: I have absolutely no idea what plan they will follow after this evening's execution. I also have no idea who the other two wolves are. So I apologise for not being able to give more help.

It's on the edge of a knife.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #186
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Silmaril

This is highly interesting and fits perfectly into what I would expect to see from Eomer and SpM. If Eomer was an original wolf, as I suspect, and SpM is the fourth wolf, as I suspect, I had anticipated seeing both of them going at each other. This seems counterintuitive but I shall attempt to explain.

On DAY 2 Eomer went after SpM with much 'passion', I think he did this because he was hoping to get some support for lynching SpM. Let's face it we all want to trust him but we are all afraid to do it too. So Eomer played on this fear and set the wheels in motion. Hoping to pull off the double-bluff Eomer and his cohorts attacked SpM at night, but to their great surprise he was cursed as is now one of them.

Now the question would be: "What do we do now?" For Eomer letting go of SpM would be too obvious and SpM giving up on Eomer would be too easy as well. So they came to an agreement that basically states that they would continue to go after one another, each voting for the other early on thus one getting killed today. What this would do is basically make it so that if Eomer is killed and proven wolf we all assume SpM is innocent and the same is true if we produce a guilty SpM then Eomer looks innocent. Because, certainly wolves wouldn't go after each other, would they? Of course they would, and in this case they had little to no choice. They are content to sacrifice one so the others innocence is assured. Also what this pulls off is that I suspect our seer dreamt early on about SpM and if Eomer is lynched (which is more likely) then with an "innocent" SpM the seer will have no need to dream of him again thus solidifying his victory.

This may seem a bit far fetched but really it's not unlikely. I've noticed a change in posture of SpM that is very uncharacteristic of him and I think he's trying to adjust to his new role as a werewolf and is experiencing some growing pains.

Now I still believe Alcarillo to be guilty. But SpM was right about Eomer when he said that he left no trail to follow. So his loss wouldn't be as damaging, overall to the WW team, as the loss of others would be.

I don't know how Cailin fits in this, my opinion is she's simply an innocent bystander that found some of Eomer's behavior rather suspicious and decided to attack.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #187
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

1420! Let's drink and be merry for, in all likelihood, to-Night one of us dies.

Quote:
There might be just the two options today, people.
And that might not be a bad thing to-Day. It might flush out one or two more Wolves, unless you have already agreed that, if necessary, they should sacrifice you. Personally, I have no fear of death. I am not gifted, so my death would not be the worst choice the village could make. There would still be one more chance to get it right.

Quote:
You see, because many and one are not quite the same thing now, are they Saucy? So that's one lie.
No. Not a lie at all. You see, I had stated that that Formendacil looked most supicious on the basis of the criteria that I stated at the outset, and there had been some questions raised on those criteria - Shelob and Marcolie both queried them, as well as Cailin. Indeed, I had interpreted Marcolie as having queried Abercrombie questioning of Formendacil's early vote. I must admit that I had thought that mormegil had expressed agreement of Cailin's words of caution on Formendacil before you started backtracking. But, looking back now, I see that was not the case.

But it matters not. The fact is you did backtrack. And you did so because you worked out (or were at least concerned), on the basis of the comments made in the intervening period, that a bandwagon against Formendacil was unlikely to start gathering serious momentum and that you might end up looking suspicoous for your early accusation.

Quote:
But I'll let the village be the judge; recall that SpM freely admitted to being antagonistic with me. Maybe 'picking on' is the wrong phrase as it implies a certain degree of uniqueness. Let's just call it bullying, shall we?
I am more than happy to let the village be the judge of whether I was "bullying" you on Day 1, as patently I was not.

Quote:
It's on the edge of a knife.
Not quite yet. Your death would rid the village of a Wolf. My death would at least help the village to make the right decision to-Morrow.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:48 AM   #188
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
... and SpM giving up on Eomer would be too easy as well.
I might remind you, mormegil, that I ended up yester-Day believing Eomer to be the innocent "patsy" of either Boro or Azaelia. Had I been transformed over-Night, then the sensible course would have been to continue in that vein.

Edit: I agree, however, that the Seer probably dreamed of me on Night 1 or 2 but, unfortunately, can no longer fully trust me now as s/he could before.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:55 AM   #189
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Zali, why I had 'felt' you suspicious is well summerized by Sauce

Quote:
Azaelia - for posting relatively frequently but saying very little. And for voting for me, on very shaky grounds, and thereby trying to eliminate both me and Eomer from the game.
However, since then I have changed my mind, reading today and find you to be one of lesser suspision, mostly through a better logical mind, but also very importantly because of more suspicion on Sauce.

Morm - I'd be inclinded to trust him before last night, however I think he'd have been one of the likelier victims of the wolves if they choose to try to set someone up. I don't think Morm is one of the original wolves.

Formendacil- too quiet, suspicious for that in itself. I don't think Form is the forth wolf, but possibly one of the three trying to stay inactive.

Wilwarin-attracted suspision but never acted on, voted for Perky twice which could point either towards an innocent convinced, or a wolf trying to eliminate a danger who ended up being more. Very unlikely the fourth wolf but suspisions lie upno Wilwarin for being one of the original three.

Saucepan Man- I hadn't suspected Sauce before today, but between going so strong today saying he was innocent, as well as the bantering and arguing, even leading to voting, between Eomer and him have me convinced at least one is a wolf.

Eomer- Like Sauce suspisions on Eomer are largely increased today. The logic against Cailin and going as far as saying Cailin is a wolf seems very wolvish, but at the same time seems too risky. Eomer is on the top of my suspect list now, but also seems like an innocent drawn to go all out.

Arcticstorm-Like Wilwarin has attracted suspision that has since fallen off.

Alcarillo-Another quiet one, but not to the degree of Form. Possibly a quiet hidden wolf.

Abercrombie-not attracted much suspision, which is the main reason I'm suspicious of her, either as a ex-cursed, or as a wolf. I wouldn't find Abercrombie suspicious except for it seems like the wolves are always who you least expect. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now though.

Marcolie-Looking at suspicious activity yesterday, someone in my place wouldn't be my target if I was a wolf. Following this I am not the ex-cursed.
Most suspicions that lie upon me are because of my vote yesterday. I did so because I had nothing against Perky or Sauce, and hoping to spread votes more. If I was in the same position now I would have voted for Sauce now instead. Reading what I am saying to me makes me look like I'm implying I have some extra knowledge as a seer or something, which I also am not. I am just an ordinary villager and would not like to draw people into false pretense of knowing anything more than them. I agree I look suspicious though.

Azaelia- at the end of yesterday was the most suspicious in my mind. With the growing suspision on those who had convinced me of her guilt before I voted, suspision is dying down. But I won't sit back and forget Azaelia either. I just feel like I have no reason to suspect her now. But this is all relating to the original three wolves. I think this suspect but not over on anyone may be a a good one to have been targetted by the wolves.

Boromir- I stick with my idea of Boro not being one of the original three wolves. Also, not one of the likely to have been targeting for trying to target someone else, but one that'd be more likely to be targetted as someone not very strongly suspected.

Cailin- I stick to the idea of Cailin not being one of the original three, however I think Cailin is alot more likely than Boro to have been the target of the wolves last night, for both not someone very strongly suspcted and someone who could have been used for a set up.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #190
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Boots

Quote:
I might remind you, mormegil, that I ended up yester-Day believing Eomer to be the innocent "patsy" of either Boro or Azaelia. Had I been transformed over-Night, then the sensible course would have been to continue in that vein.
Not completely accurate. This is the post where you said that and it was all part of this DAY. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I see what I said as possible and I want to raise awareness that just because one of you (SpM or Eomer) is guilty doesn't make the other innocent by default.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #191
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

It's absolutely genius of The Saucepan Man to do exactly what I did (say that Formendacil is suspicious and then think better of it) and manage to criticise me for doing it. Bravo! You are without a doubt the cleverest wolf I have ever heard of; and my grandfather used to tell me tales of all sorts of clever wolves when I was a lad.

Also, Mormegil: You, sir, are very creative.

I'm actually quite enjoying this.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 10-04-2005 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #192
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcolie
Cailin- I stick to the idea of Cailin not being one of the original three, however I think Cailin is alot more likely than Boro to have been the target of the wolves last night, for both not someone very strongly suspcted and someone who could have been used for a set up.
This only goes if Eomer is indeed innocent - which he is not. He's guilty of both wolvery and trying to poison this village mind. I do agree, I was expecting to be dead today and if I wasn't me and didn't know I'm still alive, I would have definitely thought along the same lines as you there.

Quote:
So just what does "He would never have attacked SpM were he an innocent" mean, exactly, if not that innocents would not attack SpM?
I think SpM quite explained what I actually meant there. And who knows, maybe I was just trying to express my undying love for The Saucepan Man.

Quote:
Whether it's today or tomorrow or the day after that, this village is going to kill you (Me and Saucy).
Oh yes, I have no doubt. But which side of the village? I certainly will not let you enjoy to see either of us lynched by our fellow villagers. (I don't know whether to trust Sauce. Maybe I'll attack him tomorrow. But that's not very likely and will certainly not be toDay.)

Quote:
Because you know exactly what is going here.

---

This will not be a surprise.

++EOMER OF THE ROHIRRIM

That's not just a vote. It's a vow.

---

I'll have more thoughts on other possible wolves later.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:08 AM   #193
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Look at the attention I've drawn to myself – without need.

It's never the obvious choice.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #194
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The Saucepan Man 38
The Perky Ent 23
mormegil 16
Eomer of the Rohirrim 15
Cailín 15
arcticstorm 14
Boromir88 11
Márcolië Lamen 10
Holbytlass 8
wilwarin538 8
AbercrombieOfRohan 8
Alcarillo 7
Azaelia of Willowbottom 6
Formendacil 5
Shelob 5
Gil-Galad 4

This is the current list of all who have posted and how much. A couple of things strike me. Firs is the general lack of posting for Formendacil, a mere 5 posts? Also it raises suspicion of those who are in the middle category such a Alcarillo, Azaelia, Abercrombie, and Wilwarin of the numbers Now there is nothing wrong with being a middle talker but those who don't add to much such as Alcarillo trouble me. Also my impression of Abercrombie is that she is trying to add but mainly following the lead of others. Out of those five I mentioned I am most troubled by Alcarillo and Abercrombie, though if I don't begin to hear at least a little more from Formendacil I will begin to look more his way too. My concern of Márcolië Lamen has remained static and after toDAY's proceedings, barring she isn't lynched, I will look at her again but toDAY is seems as though Eomer and SpM are stealing the spotlight, wanted or unwanted they have it.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #195
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

Gah! What's with all the nitpicking going on in this Village. Not nice, grooming/bonding monkey-style nitpicking. But nasty, malevolent, Wolfish nitpicking. Eomer constructs entire cases against Cailin and I on the basis of one or two (quite possibly ill-chosen) words among many. And now mormegil seems intent on picking me up on everything that I say.

Quote:
Not completely accurate.
In what way was I "not completely accurate"? I said that I ended up yester-Day inclined to think Eomer innocent, and that's the truth. I reiterated my reasoning in this regard first thing to-Day when explaining to Boro why his vote for me yester-Day made me suspect him.

My suspicions of Eomer were actually aroused once again when I reviewed the thread again over-Night (for reasons which I remain reluctant to explain). I wanted to be sure, so I held off outlining my renewed concerns. Subsequent events confirmed Eomer's guilt in my mind.

Quote:
It's absolutely genius of The Saucepan Man to do exactly what I did (say that Formendacil is suspicious and then think better of it) and manage to criticise me for doing it.
The difference is, my furry fiend, that I did so in one and the same post. I will remind you exactly of what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Of course, going by my own criteria, Formendacil is looking the most suspicious at present. He outlines suspicions against two Villagers which are tenuous at best (and I would say as much even if I was not one of those that he suspects), and then votes for someone completely different without any shred of an explanation. Yet I am somewhat disinclined to vote for him solely on the basis of that alone when he is not present to explain himself further. He had to vote early and any vote that early on is going to be more or less randomly picked.
In my view, a perfectly reasonable comment at that time. I made clear that I was unlikely to be voting for him in circumstances where he was genuinely forced into making an early vote (if he was to vote at all) and was not present to respond.

Quote:
I most certainly am not. If I die, the village has to find a Wolf tomorrow, and then has to find three more in short order. And if you die, we still have three more Wolves to find. It does not surprise me that you are the more cheerful of the two of us.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 10-04-2005 at 10:42 AM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #196
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
My suspicions of Eomer were actually aroused once again when I reviewed the thread again over-Night (for reasons which I remain reluctant to explain). I wanted to be sure, so I held off outlining my renewed concerns. Subsequent events confirmed Eomer's guilt in my mind.~SpM
I explained that very reason today, which gets me pretty confident in my vote today. If he turns out to be a wolf, then I look at you in a more favorable light Sauce.
Quote:
I got a bad feeling about Eomer, if you want to know scrounge through posts yesterday and try to find it. I wish to not incriminate anyone.~My second to last post yesterday.
++Eomer

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-04-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #197
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Hmm.... I be seeing my name a good deal on today's portion of the thread, but t'is not all in good cheer. Many seem to think that my "quietness" is a mark of evil.

Well, so be it. There is naught that I can do about that. I post in spurts, usually in one or two larger dollops. I cannot remain glued to this situation, even if my death is at stake. There are greater things than Werewolves in this world...

That said, it seems to have, for today, boiled down to a Saucepan/Eomer contest. Which is the Werewolf?

Prior to today, I would have said that Sauce was the more likely Werewolf. His entire mode seemed more aggressive, as well as more threatening to me (the only innocent of whom I am certain). Eomer, on the other hand, seemed like a greater voice of reason- and incidentally less threatening to my own state of health.

However, these positions seem to be reversed today. Today it is Eomer who is playing the aggressive, threatening, possible Wolf, and Sauce who is remaining more quiet.

Of the two, Sauce's voting record is more incriminating. He voted for Perky two days consecutively. That's either the sign of having picked up on a definite mark, or of an innocent villager with an idea of Werewolf on his mind.

Eomer's vote is a bit more difficult to fathom, and I hesitate to make an predictions based on it, at this time.

Of the two, I am inclined to think Eomer the Werewolf at this time.

But I shall save my vote for a later hour.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #198
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

My vote is difficult to fathom? I have voted for SpM twice in a row now, for reasons which I have outlined clearly.

And Formendacil, you know that I haven't played reasonably and then aggressively. I've been reasoned and aggressive for two straight days now. Ever since I found that wolf.

And what's this? Boromir88 votes for Eomer and offers no reason!

The fun and games continue!

Edit to add: Sorry, sorry, sorry. No apparent reason. There is a reason lurking somewhere in his posts but I can't find it.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 10-04-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #199
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
My vote is difficult to fathom? I have voted for SpM twice in a row now, for reasons which I have outlined clearly.

And Formendacil, you know that I haven't played reasonably and then aggressively. I've been reasoned and aggressive for two straight days now. Ever since I found that wolf.

And what's this? Boromir88 votes for Eomer and offers no reason!

The fun and games continue!
It is difficult to fathom simply because we do not know whether or not Sauce is a Werewolf or not. Of course, knowing that wouldn't necessarily clear things up, but in light of today's showdown between the two of you, I think it would pretty clearly exonerate you if he were to be a Werewolf.

If, on the other hand, Saucepan Man is innocent, then the implication would be very clear that you were likely a Werewolf.

Of course, there could still remain the great tragedy of two innocents playing off each other...

That last possibility is what scares me...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #200
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Don't think it's wolvishly cruel of me to say this, but if both Eomer and SpM are innocent I will not be able to stop myself from laughing at the absurdity of it all (from beyond the grave, of course).